William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for reminding me IluvB I used to give that to my English learners (the older ones) and we all ended up almost in hysterics......
You caught on to what I was referring to quickly.....:whistling:

100 pages of engagement rumours and musings, and the position remains clear as mud. Oh well!!!

Muriel I'm with you on that one that Karagiosis is either William or Kate....I am leaning more towards Kate.

I don't see the point in anyone coming on the board and stating they know something is going to happen and expect the members not to react in any way. If you cannot back up your so-called 'I know something that you don't' then why put yourself out there to be ridiculed.

100 pages of engagement rumours and musings, and the position remains clear as mud. Oh well!!!

yes it's getting boring. time for some rumours - we are in the rumour thread aren't we.

Originally Posted by christinacg
I love William with a beard! He looks so "Windsor".
Actually I thought he looked quite like Guy Ritchie. Whichever way, think he looks really H-O-T!!!

What if everybody got it wrong and the guy with the beard is Guy Ritchie indeed - who dumped his wife Madge for Kate. It is well known that Ritchie likes hunting so what if he asked his new girlfriend Kate to bring along some friends who also like hunting what explains why Harry is there.

well that would be a story wouldn't it ;)

Good one Duke..... If the Daily Mail journalists read this then it is going to spread like wildfire.

I used to give that to my English learners (the older ones) and we all ended up almost in hysterics......
Menarue, you taught that to your students! At least they were adults! :blush::blush::D

What if everybody got it wrong and the guy with the beard is Guy Ritchie indeed - who dumped his wife Madge for Kate. It is well known that Ritchie likes hunting so what if he asked his new girlfriend Kate to bring along some friends who also like hunting what explains why Harry is there.

well that would be a story wouldn't it ;)

Yes, perfect for the Mail, as it contains so many inplausibilities like the fact that the Queen would still allow Catherine, ex of her grandson, to come to Sandringham. But then the explanation ( Queen has secretly loved Ritchie for years and feels that Catherine is the reincarnation of Queen Mary) would fill some paragraphs, so yes, it's entire plausible that we are going to read this in the Mail (or at least have this Kara ben Nemsi-person (grin to all Germans) post it here...).

But then the explanation ( Queen has secretly loved Ritchie for years

... since they met at James Bond movie premiere Die Another Day ;) that's plausible, Madge even did a nice curtsy.

and feels that Catherine is the reincarnation of Queen Mary)

ok that's far fetched

(or at least have this Kara ben Nemsi-person (grin to all Germans) post it here...).

it's more a Hadschi Halef Omar person than Kara ben Nemsi who seems to know when to use a shaver.

http://www.km-filmbilder.info/irs/dwk15.jpg

As I have been unceremoniously warned that I am distracting "royal observers" in this thread dedicated to speculation and gossip, I will of course stop.

1188456294469.gif

Muriel I'm with you on that one that Karagiosis is either William or Kate....I am leaning more towards Kate.

I don't see the point in anyone coming on the board and stating they know something is going to happen and expect the members not to react in any way. If you cannot back up your so-called 'I know something that you don't' then why put yourself out there to be ridiculed.

I am not Miss Middleton. As it happens, I am not acquainted with the Middleton family...

-Karagiosis
1188456294469.gif

I see Prince William and Miss Middleton as friends....but if they do end up together, I hope their married life would be a happier one than that of Crown Prince and Princess of my country, Japan.

No, I don't think so. This person doesn't "sound" British--if that makes sense on a message board.:lol:

May be Harry and Kate are now together (as a lot of TRF posters suggested that she was aiming too high), and Ka........ was correct, the news will only be made public in a bit, when they walk up to church together at Sandringham on Xmas day!;);)

K is Katherine, it is obvious ;);)

Well as long as they walk up to the church together and not down the aisle I am ok with that......

May be Harry and Kate are now together (as a lot of TRF posters suggested that she was aiming too high), and Ka........ was correct, the news will only be made public in a bit, when they walk up to church together at Sandringham on Xmas day!;);)

Now that is a beautiful slant on the Royal Soap-Opera-script... Congratulations for a really good idea!:flowers:

See my post # 1930.;):lol:

-Karagiosis

I accept you are NOT Ms Middleton (and never thought you were). But I am at a loss to understand what key point you are trying to get across?

I understand it to be that (you have information that) Prince William and Miss Middleton have ENDED their relationship and are NO longer a couple and are JUST FRIENDS turning up at Sandringham recently (purely as good acquaintances now)?

You seem to be saying you have insider information either as a friend of the couple or know someone that is and has passed you this personal information which you are NOT you say, at liberty to disclose and all will be revealed publicly by 31 December 08 or thereabouts.

Of course I do not expect the couple to be attending church (at Sandringham this Xmas) even if they are still together as they are NOT OFFICIALLY ENGAGED just a couple. Even if they are (still together) there is no way the Royal Family would announce an official engagement when the Country and most of the World is in the grip of recession with firms going bankrupt and thousands now out of work ... no way at all ... even a General Election I am sure will be put off until June 2010 (when they have to call one). Again whether there would be a Wedding in a General Election year is something they would have to weigh up.

In either event are you saying ON OR OFF?

I am saying no more until something OFFICIAL emerges one way or another.

:cool:
It wouldn't be the first time a girlfriend went for the brother instead, or even for the prince to go with a sister:

Catherine of Aragon, Princess of Wales m. Prince Arthur's younger brother

May of Teck m. younger brother of Prince Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence and Avondale

Prince Charles m. younger sister of Lady Sarah Spencer

I'm sure our resident historian, Jo of P, can drum some other examples.

:cool:

Two of these example had no choice in the matter. They were set to be Queens of England the dowry was paid......they still became Queen, no money had to be returned and so there fate was signed and delivered.

Sarah Spencer, if you can believe the gossip magazines (you can´t but that is all we have about this subject) said something that upset the RF and so that was that. Prince Charles can´t have been that keen on her to give up so quickly but with time against him, Camilla and his other friends married, the need for an heir....well Diana seemed the perfect choice. So young and pretty too.

Hm, as this is not only about Britain obviously:

Helene Duchess in Bavaria should become the bride of Emperor Franz Joseph of Austria while her younger sister was meant for the emperor's younger brother, Karl. Instead Franz Joseph took the younger sister Elisabeth. Helene became princess of Thurn & Taxis while Karl married Margarethe of Saxony, a cousin of both himself and Elisabeth of Bavaria as their mothers were sisters.

Maria Elisabeth of Austria, daughter of empress Maria Theresia was engaged to be married to king Louis XV. of France. When she got sick with pox and became disfigured through the disease, the king refused her and asked instead for (or was offered) her sister Maria Antonia's hand in marriage for his grandson, then the dauphin (later king Louis XVI.)

Quite extreme the example of their sisters. First Maria Johanna Gabrielle became engaged to king Ferdinand I. of Naples as a child. As she died before the marriage, the next sister Maria Josepha was betrothed to the king. As she died on the day her wedding should have been celebrated, the next sister Maria Karolina became queen of Naples. It's not exactly that, but it shows how it worked -another Habsburg-example: their brother Joseph had been married to Isabelle of Parma and happily so, so he forced his sister Maria Amalia to marry his wife's brother duke Ferdinand of Parma: a very unhappy marriage.

I'm sure we can find some more examples if we tried hard enough, but these came immediately to mind.

In the Middle Ages/renaissance it was quite common for a child bride to be sent to the court of her future in-laws to be raised there. But if the groom died and the bride was of political interest, she was married by the next in line. Alternatively the bride could be married to a minor member of the family if her appeal changed over the years and her family wouldn't take her back. Margarethe of Austria, daughter of emperor Maximilian comes to mind. She was raised from the age of 3 at the French court to become the queen of king Charles VIII. but he took Anne de Bretagne instead. Margarethe was offered another French marriage but her father did not allow it. Only after two years of negociations was Margarethe allowed to leave France and became the wife of the heir to Ferdinand of Aragon and Isabella of Castile, Juan. Within the year, Margarethe was a widow. Back in Germany, her father convinced her to become the wife of the duke of Savoy. When only aged 24 she was widowed again she decided to stay that way and did not contract another marriage.

Her niece Eleonore of Spain and Austria became the third wife of Manuel I of Portugal (after her aunts, the sisters Isabella and Maria of Spain = sisters of Catherine of Aragon and Juana the Mad had subsequently died) and after becoming Manuel's widow she married the king of France...

So what happened to Catherine of Aragon was quite common...

Yes, all very interesting and informative, but it has little to do with Wills 'n Kate.
It's also wasted in this thread as it will soon enough be swallowed up with more of the same "rumours and musings".

angieuk;868471... even a General Election I am sure will be put off until June 2010 (when they have to call one). Again whether there would be a Wedding in a General Election year is something they would have to weigh up.[/quote said:
I didn't realise that the next general election is set for 2010.
To my mind that means an engagement soon with a wedding next year or no engagement until after that general election so as not to have the election and the wedding run-up coinciding (remembering that the RF have to be seen as above politics and are very careful to avoid any sort of overlap).

That would mean no wedding in the summer of 2011 as I expect the Queen to want to have a major celebration for Philip's 90th birthday and 2012 is out with it being the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics.

So I am suggesting a wedding at the earliest 2013, if not in the next year for both brothers.

I vote for next year then. I don't think that I can handle this for four more years!:lol:

I don't think I can either but I think it fits in with the military training and operations plan.

I get the distinct feeling based on what I don't know (other than my gut) that William will put off marriage as long as possible. With the example of his parents before him he might like to never marry at all so the longer he can put it off the better he likes it I suggest.

I Think we may hear something in 2009 regarding one of them.

It could be that the military extension was designed to delay wedding plans, but I also think it could be a sneaky way for the boys to retain some measure of privacy even if they do get married in the next year or two. It'd be harder to have paparazzi access to a young couple living on a military base, I'd wager. Plus, that way they'd have some time to enjoy being married before being subjected to the rigors of life as full-time royals.

But I have not even a clue when/if an engagement might happen. I think the outcome could happen a thousand ways -- and probably what we least expect when we least expect it.

The expectation though would be that once married the wives would be doing full time royal duties even if their husband isn't beside them, which is another reason why I don't see William marrying while in the military full-time. He will want to have some time doing full time duties himself before having to share the limelight with a wife (or maybe they both start together with neither really knowing all the pitfalls of royal duties). William's lack of experience as a full-time royal is another reason why I see marriage taking place later rather than sooner.

Wasn't that the problem with Sarah?,, being a newly minted royal bride while her prince was away on military duty?
Kate (if she is the one) would find herself in the eye of the storm, so to speak while William will be miles away? I do not see this happening. The royal family has already been down that path once already..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom