William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the last time summer vacation photographs of them were seen was some time during the summer of 2006.

It's a good thing the paper may have actually bothered to check some dates. Oh Dear, it's been two years? This can't be after all the claims of Kate always being on holidays.:lol:

For information: The magna carta law

In reply to verdana's message,the magna carta law is entitled to prevent all royal families to marry a non anglican. As for the information regarding the opposition of Camilla in respect to the choice of william, everything has been clearly explained on papers, let it be local and international press.

Nazma FOURRE

There's plenty of trashy and/or bad seeds in the Queen's family as well so I don't see why these tabs forget that. Only when they want to act snobby and put Kate in her "middle-class" place...so ridiculous.

In reply to verdana's message,the magna carta law is entitled to prevent all royal families to marry a non anglican. As for the information regarding the opposition of Camilla in respect to the choice of william, everything has been clearly explained on papers, let it be local and international press.

Nazma FOURRE

actually it wasn't the magna carta but the act of settlement and technically they're not prevented from marrying roman catholics - they can still marry them but they must relinquish they're place in line to the throne if they choose to marry an RC. :flowers:

I have to say I think James sounds interesting, there were some people over at TFS who wrote stories about him that defintiely go hand and hand with this article. It'll be interesting to see how public he becomes...

Perhaps the interesting part is not what is written it is the message that not everyone is enchanted by the fair Kate..... Until recently she seemd to be the darling of the tabloids.....
And she will be once again upon announcement of her engagement. She conducts herself brilliantly and will make a lovely addition as a banner member of the royal family. They all are indeed lucky to have her. I'm confident this will be proven to be true in years to come, long after those who constantly wail about her lack of employment have grown up, married, raised their own children, and understood that real life for royals is very much different from what the tabloids and pictures tell us.

TFS???? I'm rolling with laughter. LMAO

it seems like the article is desperate to find anything negative about the family, they bring up the gum chewing, the partying, the drinking, the fact that james dropped out of university. it reads like a sad attempt at trying to create scandals and trying to put them all in a bad light. they seem like a perfectly nice, normal family with nothing to hide and THAT'S refreshing.

Which is interesting since before the breakup, the Daily Mail was mostly positive about Kate.

It makes you wonder about the paper. Did they try to get in her confidences and steer her public career and did she refuse? And so are they having their revenge? Asserting their power as the one and only who can make or break a royal?

I don't know; I'm only guessing but its been awhile since the Daily Mail had an inside connection with a senior royal. They must be missing it.

I just finished reading the Bradford biography of Diana, and I can't help but think of that every time I read a Richard Kay article. It was shocking to me how involved the press and the family were in the '90s, and it seems like maybe some of the petty jockeying for stories is still going on. The Sun managed to scoop them on the holiday pictures, and now we've got this kind of press coming from the Mail.

I agree with Luv2Cruise. It's childish. I'd guess that the papers are trying to get an inside line with Kate, and she's not biting.

What's TFS?

And she will be once again upon announcement of her engagement. She conducts herself brilliantly and will make a lovely addition as a banner member of the royal family. They all are indeed lucky to have her. I'm confident this will be proven to be true in years to come, long after those who constantly wail about her lack of employment have grown up, married, raised their own children, and understood that real life for royals is very much different from what the tabloids and pictures tell us.

TFS???? I'm rolling with laughter. LMAO

I'll reserve my judgment on who she really is until she gives an interview. At this point all we have to go off of are photos and eye witness accounts...she could disappoint or really impress a lot of people with her first sit-downs.

That is if she makes it all the way...it seems she will but one never knows.

Mermaid, TFS is thefashionspot, I don't know what's so funny about it :ermm:. I only mentioned that there is a thread there where people discuss William & Kate. And someone told very similar stories about her brother...

I only mentioned that there is a thread there where people discuss William & Kate. And someone told very similar stories about her brother...

From what I've read, Kay pulled the James sections of the article direct from the royal board at the Internet Forum (I won't link, because I don't know if it's allowed). A poster at that board is the one who posted the pictures and whose posts were quoted directly in the Kay article. I've never been to TFS, so it may be the same person posting at both boards.

So the "source" talking about James is a poster on an internet forum. No offense to any of us here, but I don't really consider that good or responsible journalism. There have been so many discussions especially on this forum about the dangers of claiming to have insider information, and yet Kay takes posts and issues them to the public as factual information. I'm not saying that the original poster wasn't telling the truth, just that it's ridiculous that Kay is sourcing his articles with such a problematic kind of source. But I guess that's tabloid journalism for you.

The day anyone takes this kind of an article serious is the day that pigs fly. Just another hatchet job from some professional royal gossip whose nose is out of joint because he can't get anything out of anyone who is in a position to know anything about Kate and William's plans. And he also doesn't seem to be able to get his facts straight. Was she or was Mrs. Middleton not in attendance at Royal Ascot? LOL
Ahhh, some will take it seriously though. I am with you 100% on the reasons for the article, As with Camilla, he can't get anyone who would know anything about either lady to speak and so, with the certain knowledge that nobody can challenge the ubiquitous 'friend', 'close friend', courtier, royal source, (if they actually exist) he/they feel free to peddle this garbage. You mention getting the facts straight, since when have they let the facts get in the way of a story? :rolleyes:

Thank you for your quick reply, zembla.:) I dont' understand what's so amusing, either. Perhaps James isn't known for being fashionable?:ermm:

Mermaid, TFS is thefashionspot, I don't know what's so funny about it :ermm:. ...

Monarchy should not rule love!!!!!

Well dear lady, the principle is still the same. Whether it is a catholic or another religion, monarchy rules state that the royal member of the family cannot marry a non anglican. Everyone can interprete rules as it seems to his or her eyes. The magna carta law has always been in existence since monarchy exists. Regarding Kate, I have no idea whether she could be anglican or catholic and my article is related in case she might not be anglican, religion should not be a barrier to love as men and women are free to love and make a family. No monarchy law should in the name of human rights forbids the private freedom of anyone wishing to make his or her life with whom he or she loves, let alone does he or she belong in the royalty.

Regarding Camilla's relationship with william, things have not been so bright as they seems to be as she has been against her choice and this is not surprising. She remains a step mother that has hated Diana and broke her marriage. She has been awful too with Harry when he was running on tough times. She is only good at eating icecream and becoming bulky.All these informations have been on international press. Please do some reading this might help you whilst discussing any topic.
Nazma FOURRE

I'm still waiting with bated breath to find out what the Magna Carta has to do with the religion of the girl that William marries!

If it does, its not the Magna Carta that I learned in school.

These are the sections of the Magna Carta still in force:

THE City of London shall have all the old Liberties and Customs [which it hath been used to have]. Moreover We will and grant, that all other Cities, Boroughs, Towns, and the Barons of the Five Ports, and all other Ports, shall have all their Liberties and free Customs.
XXIX. Imprisonment, &c. contrary to Law. Administration of Justice.
NO Freeman shall be taken or imprisoned, or be disseised of his Freehold, or Liberties, or free Customs, or be outlawed, or exiled, or any other wise destroyed; nor will We not pass upon him, nor [X5 condemn him,] but by lawful judgment of his Peers, or by the Law of the Land. We will sell to no man, we will not deny or defer to any man either Justice or Right.
Kate is not the City of London and she has not been imprisoned.

Well dear lady, the principle is still the same. Whether it is a catholic or another religion, monarchy rules state that the royal member of the family cannot marry a non anglican. Everyone can interprete rules as it seems to his or her eyes. The magna carta law has always been in existence since monarchy exists. Regarding Kate, I have no idea whether she could be anglican or catholic and my article is related in case she might not be anglican, religion should not be a barrier to love as men and women are free to love and make a family. No monarchy law should in the name of human rights forbids the private freedom of anyone wishing to make his or her life with whom he or she loves, let alone does he or she belong in the royalty.

There seems to be some confusion here regarding your posts and the Magna Carta. It would be helpful if you could provide a link to where you are getting this information so that we can have the opportunity to read what you are referencing for ourselves. Thank you!:flowers:

From what I've read, Kay pulled the James sections of the article direct from the royal board at the Internet Forum (I won't link, because I don't know if it's allowed). A poster at that board is the one who posted the pictures and whose posts were quoted directly in the Kay article. I've never been to TFS, so it may be the same person posting at both boards.

Yes, it's allowed. Here's the relevant rule:

• Discussion of other forums and websites should be limited to royal-related content. We do not allow criticism of other forums or continuation of disagreements that started elsewhere.
So if anyone has anything negative to say about The Fashion Spot or the Internet Forum, please do us all a favour and keep it to yourselves. We're trying to maintain good relations with other forums and websites. Thanks.:flowers:

Yes, it's allowed. Here's the relevant rule:

• Discussion of other forums and websites should be limited to royal-related content. We do not allow criticism of other forums or continuation of disagreements that started elsewhere.

Thanks, Elspeth! :flowers:

Thank you Ella Kay. I remember reading a while ago that Prince Charles would want to be known, when he becomes King ,as defender of Faith instead of the Faith. (or something similar to this) since he wants to be a representative of all his subjects rather than only the Anglicans.
Am I correct??

Regarding Camilla's relationship with william, things have not been so bright as they seems to be as she has been against her choice and this is not surprising. She remains a step mother that has hated Diana and broke her marriage. She has been awful too with Harry when he was running on tough times. She is only good at eating icecream and becoming bulky.All these informations have been on international press. Please do some reading this might help you whilst discussing any topic.
Nazma FOURRE

Yes, but I have found it does help a lot to pick your reading material on the royals with sources that at least try for accuracy in their reporting.

Regarding Camilla's relationship with william, things have not been so bright as they seems to be as she has been against her choice and this is not surprising. She remains a step mother that has hated Diana and broke her marriage. She has been awful too with Harry when he was running on tough times. She is only good at eating icecream and becoming bulky.All these informations have been on international press. Please do some reading this might help you whilst discussing any topic.Nazma FOURRE
Perhaps you could give us some links to these ill informed international press reports. :flowers: Camilla was not involved in Harry's life at the time of the drug taking, so I think you can only blame Harry for that. If she is getting 'bulky', I would love to see the pictures, as to me she has a superb figure that any woman of her age would be proud of. Ice cream, mmmmm, love it, recommended by many hospitals and doctors, but again I don't recall many pictures of Camilla eating it.

As you will know William and Camilla don't seem to have any problems at all, he even invited her to his graduation and passing out parade. For the entire world to see, he gave her a kiss on the cheek, much as any child would do to a parent, in front of his peers. :flowers: As I understand it, Catherine and Camilla get on really well.

you correct odette. at the time a lot people thought it was a crazy thing for him to say, if i remember correctly, but seeing the state of the world today and religion is playing such a huge role, i think it was another example of charles being ahead of his time.

I've moved the discussion of the Act of Settlement and succession to the relevant thread.
Some posts have been copied over so they appear in both threads to retain the context of the posts that follow.

So if anyone has anything negative to say about The Fashion Spot or the Internet Forum, please do us all a favour and keep it to yourselves. We're trying to maintain good relations with other forums and websites. Thanks.:flowers:
Which is why I deliberately passed on defining TFS and the Internet Forums and expounding on the thought of any paid royal gossip trolling either of those holes for info, pictures, etc., or accepting photos from same, except to laugh extremely loudly out loud.:whistling::whistling::whistling::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The comments expressed above are the opinions solely of the poster and not this site. LOL

Nazma FOURRE

Might I suggest that you also do some reading, specifically our guidelines about published sources.

We're all well aware that the international press includes disreputable elements as well as reputable ones, just like the British press. Some of the worst exaggerations, smears, and outright lies about the British royals have come from the underbelly of the international press, so I'm afraid that you won't find too many people on this forum who are impressed or intimidated by having the "international press" waved in their faces like some sort of holy grail.

If you wish to make allegations about royals, particularly negative ones and most particularly allegations that could fall under the heading of defamation, we require actual sources to be stated, preferably with quotes, links, or both. Vague references to the international press aren't good enough. Many of our members are very well read and quite well placed to understand the difference between factual reporting by reputable sources and tabloid fabrications, regardless of their country of origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom