The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-23-2018, 02:53 PM
Majesty

Their Royal Highnesses have named Evelina London Children’s Hospital as their chosen charity for anyone wishing to make a donation to mark the birth of their third child.

Donate: Congratulations to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge | Evelina London

Old 04-23-2018, 02:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't care if she did have help....she went thru labor, birth then 7 hours later dressed in hose, heels and full makeup goes up and down the steps twice..then into a car...makes me cringe to imagine doing it!

LaRae

Old 04-23-2018, 02:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
To be fair, many women would look amazing if they had a whole team dedicated to it.

All moms are super people to me. Giving birth is both the most normal but also the most extraordinary experience. Kate is lucky that she has the wealth and social support that many women do not.
Team or not team, she looked fabulous. Why take away from her?, what's the point in that type commentary? No one discounts other women being super heros when they deliver.

Charlotte is freaking adorable, I love her more and more every time we see her! Her birthday is next week, so I'm excited to see a couple new snaps.

Be a good person.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
what's the point in that type commentary.

Negativity... EVERY time !
Old 04-23-2018, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Very happy for them that everything went well and they can go home on the same day!
Old 04-23-2018, 03:17 PM
Nobility

I think it is way too early for both mother and baby to be going home. I thought the same for the two older children. Childbirth is hard on both no matter how much help is available
Old 04-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
I think it is way too early for both mother and baby to be going home. I thought the same for the two older children. Childbirth is hard on both no matter how much help is available
Women all over the world give birth in their own homes. Why is it too soon? If the delivery is uncomplicated, mom and baby are healthy, and aware of what to watch for, let them go home. There is no need to remain in a hospital for days on end. I'm sure she's very well cared for, even once she returns home to KP.

Be a good person.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:25 PM
Courtier

Kate looks absolutely amazing for how recently she gave birth! I just love the look of adoration and utter enchantment she had on her face when looking down at her newborn son.

I don't have too much concern over her leaving the hospital so soon after giving birth. This is her 3rd child and if everything went smoothly, there really is no need to remain in the hospital over night.

Charlotte is a little star and has a far more outgoing personality than her older brother. I fully expect her to lead her little brother down a similarly charming path. Something tells me the two younger Cambridges will be far more gregarious than their elder sibling.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:25 PM
Courtier

Is it early to go home? Perhaps, but she will most definitely have great access 24/7 to medical help and advice in her home. I totally understand that she wants to go home after a couple of hours.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I don't care if she did have help....she went thru labor, birth then 7 hours later dressed in hose, heels and full makeup goes up and down the steps twice..then into a car...makes me cringe to imagine doing it!

LaRae
It is possible and I don't think it was weird or too extraordinary for Catherine to be looking great and moving around like that. My mom told me today that even though she suffered a lot when my brother was born (first child for her, and she couldn't walk that well), she was amazingly well when she gave birth to me (her second child), and she was walking everywhere. She even told me that when she went home with me from the hospital she started doing cleaning and washing plates right away! So it depends on pregnany and childbirth, but it is possible for some women to be really well after giving birth.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Rather late, but hearty congratulations to the Cambridge's on the birth of their (and our!) new little prince! It was all very nicely done again and the chance to see George and Charlotte. I have no concerns whatsoever for Catherine as she is very fit and healthy and glowing in motherhood.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
I know I did What a personality.
The collective "awww" from those hardened journalists and photographers when she turned back to give them a final little wave was just lovely.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the new Prince leave St. Mary’s Hospital, Paddington, London.

Old 04-23-2018, 04:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
Team or not team, she looked fabulous. Why take away from her?, what's the point in that type commentary? No one discounts other women being super heros when they deliver.

Charlotte is freaking adorable, I love her more and more every time we see her! Her birthday is next week, so I'm excited to see a couple new snaps.
Where did I take anything away from Kate?
No need to be so rude.

And regarding Kate going home so soon: in my experience, Western Europe i.e. the UK, ND and other nations, tend to release moms same day if everything went smooth. No reason to keep them, plus in the UK the NHS sends midwives to check on mom and baby at home a couple of days after birth, as I recall from my time doing obstetrics clinicals in the UK.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
The collective "awww" from those hardened journalists and photographers when she turned back to give them a final little wave was just lovely.
Yes, I LOL'ed at that. Very cute moment!
Old 04-23-2018, 04:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Negativity... EVERY time !
I don't think it's just negativity. For me it's also a concern that the bar is set very high for "normal women." It could be a dangerous message to say that a woman who has just given birth has to be up and about and wearing heels only a few hours after giving birth. In my grandmother's generation women rested in bed for 40 days and were helped by relatives, neighbors, friends, regardless of their social status! But today, this rarely happens. The Duchess of Cambridge has a lot of help (as she should) and I'm glad for her, but it is important to keep things in perspective. Most women go home from the hospital and don't have any assistance or the luxury to rest, so they shouldn't rush to go home...! Ideally, home is best but it can be much harder without some support!

This said, she looked absolutely fabulous and I couldn't be happier for Prince William and she! I loved the dress, everything! They are a very classy couple and have an adorable family.

And yes...I'm also rooting for a fourth one...in due course!!
Old 04-23-2018, 04:16 PM
Nobility

Love Charlotte but also going to put in a plug for the Prince Georges of the world. The children who eye adults with everything from cautious optimism to scorn. The wary, pensive types who melt your heart when you finally earn their trust and hear their laugh.

George is the oldest, with the hardest and likely most exceptional path ahead. Perhaps the way he appears to be wired will serve him well. Who knows?

Charlotte: Hi, love ya!

George: Later. Make an appointment with my person.

New HRH: Today I AM THE BABY. HOMAGE MUST BE PAID.

Fun thread, this one.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:17 PM
Serene Highness

Beautiful couple with their newborn and joyous congratulations to United Kingdom!
Old 04-23-2018, 04:33 PM
Aristocracy

I guess we'll know the name on Wednesday, right?
Old 04-23-2018, 04:53 PM
Courtier

I'm glad Kate went home right away. I was one who was ready to go home pretty quickly as well, especially since here they don't leave you alone after you give birth--the nurses would come in constantly to check on me, bring the baby, etc. I would have gone home immediately had I known it would be permitted, but went home a bit over 24 hours after delivery.

Pretty sure I didn't look as good as Kate going home, though!