Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, General News 4: Apr 2018-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like the pictures that just totally focus on the subject such as George's birthday picture. His birthday is all about him and that's exactly what we see. Pure and unadulterated George. ?

When I see see old pictures of, for example, the Queen as a child, I’m interested in what she looked like, who she resembled, and sometimes what she was wearing. Sure, in some of the pictures she’s posing with a toy or you can see a bit of the background, but I think the value in these pictures having been taken is that we get a clear picture of the child who would come to play an important role in British public life.

So I agree, I like that for these individual birthday pictures they stick with simple, clear shots that will stand the test of time.

I like the pictures of the children smiling. It's them I click to see, not their surroundings and their lives. At this age, they are still enough of children for this to not matter this much.

The pictures are extremely nice for me. These smiles tell me "You were happy and I was there to catch this moment." And also, "You are so important and I took the time to come and watch."

Over-exposure is something these particular parents should be mindful of. As a teenager, I used to think Diana was such a great mother for always having fun with her kids. I mean, she was documented doing so! Now, I think she leaned heavily on over-exposure and I'm not sure it was this great for her sons. In fact, I'm sure it wasn't.

Less is more, sometimes. A birthday is about the birthday child.

I think he will take after Michael Middleton. He has his features.

Wonderful photo of Princess Charlotte.

Beautiful picture of Charlotte and beautiful picture generally. Very impressive work by the DoC.

Charlotte has such striking highlights these days.

Over-exposure is something these particular parents should be mindful of. As a teenager, I used to think Diana was such a great mother for always having fun with her kids. I mean, she was documented doing so! Now, I think she leaned heavily on over-exposure and I'm not sure it was this great for her sons. In fact, I'm sure it wasn't.

I think they're being very careful. Some nasty comments were made, by people outside England, about George looking upset after the Euro 2020 final. Anyone would look upset if their team had just lost a final on penalties - I certainly did!- but apparently there were some sarcastic comments on social media. And now there's this horrible American cartoon with Orlando Bloom, poking fun at George. I don't know what sort of person thinks it's funny to mock an 8-year-old child, but evidently some people do. This is the first generation to be growing up in the glare of social media so I think they'll be very careful to avoid too much exposure.

Lovely pictures of Charlotte.

I think they're being very careful. Some nasty comments were made, by people outside England, about George looking upset after the Euro 2020 final. Anyone would look upset if their team had just lost a final on penalties - I certainly did!- but apparently there were some sarcastic comments on social media. And now there's this horrible American cartoon with Orlando Bloom, poking fun at George. I don't know what sort of person thinks it's funny to mock an 8-year-old child, but evidently some people do. This is the first generation to be growing up in the glare of social media so I think they'll be very careful to avoid too much exposure.

Lovely pictures of Charlotte.

I think the Cambridges have struck a pretty good balance as far as their kid's pictures being out there for public consumption. Usually if it's not a photo taken at a public venue or for one of the children's birthdays, the photos released are meaningful occasions such as the Big Butterfly Count with Charlotte holding a butterfly.

There's another added benefit to doing things this way too. I would imagine that Charlotte got the full scoop of exactly what the Big Butterfly Count is and why it's happening and she also knew that she would kind of be the "poster princess" for this event to encourage people. The kids are learning young that there will be times that they're in the public eye for things just like mum and dad do a lot of times.

It really is an added bonus too that Catherine is such an excellent photographer and takes these photos. That put her in control of what goes out there and what doesn't a lot of the time.

And now there's this horrible American cartoon with Orlando Bloom, poking fun at George. I don't know what sort of person thinks it's funny to mock an 8-year-old child, but evidently some people do.

Isn't it pathetic to think some people can find amusement in being mean to a child?
I really think children should be off-limits for this sort of thing.

It's a lovely photo and a great cause. Hopefully it encourages some people to give it a go today.

I think this is a good example of getting the balance right. It gives us the feeling of a look into their lives without any privacy being compromised.

:previous: Lovely photo of Princess Charlotte. Agree that the Cambridges have struck a healthy balance regarding their children.

For those upset about the Orlando bloom cartoon.

The cartoon shown on HBO created by Gary Janetti called 'The Prince' is actually pretty funny... until one realizes it is mocking the royal family and especially the children and then it loses all appeal.

Note that the series featured fictionalized versions of many members of the British royal family and not only the Cambridge children.

"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are understood to be finalising arrangements to move Prince George to a new prep school in Berkshire this September, with co-educational Lambrook, near Ascot, thought to be the front runner."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...n-William-Kate-eye-prep-school-Berkshire.html

I suspect George will probably end up going to a weekly boarding school at 9+, with the younger children still at school in London. I suspect they will continue to live at KP during the week, and probably end up with a weekend home on the Windsor estate. In the next reign, I suspect they will live at Windsor.

Good to see Prince George knows the words of God Save the Queen - when he went to the Rugby Match between England and Wales, 26 February 2022

Nice pics but he's dressed a bit odd for the beach, shorts with a formal shirt and jumper?

They live really near the beach and they knew they were taking the photos so he had to be kinda dressed up for it. They do a good causal/formal clothes for these kids photos. Even last year…very dressed up going to nursery.

He is gorgeous and so like Kate. I see William too and Charlotte.

Nice pics but he's dressed a bit odd for the beach, shorts with a formal shirt and jumper?

I don’t think his outfit is odd at all, very much like a little boy. I don’t consider a collared shirt formal, it was probably short sleeved, and the shorts and sweater are perfect. I can’t believe he is already four, and looks big for his age.

The Cambridge boys wear shorts until they are of school age (or so). So, while I agree it is rather formal. The shorts with jumper is very consistent with how they normally dress their sons.

What lovely photos of Louis! I think the shorts and jumper look fine; shorts match the beach, and a jumper in case the wind was cool on the day the photos were taken.

The Cambridge boys wear shorts until they are of school age (or so). So, while I agree it is rather formal. The shorts with jumper is very consistent with how they normally dress their sons.

Most schools in England require boys to wear shorts until Year 3 or so. I know that’s when boys at George and Charlotte’s school make the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom