The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-12-2020, 08:50 AM
Royal Highness

At this point the kids will change as the grow into their features and personalities so I think it's too soon to say who's going to be the most handsome or popular of the bunch. William had a very cheeky reputation when he was a tiny.

I don't see a problem with them on the red carpet or going to the theatre. From their perspective it's one of those "get the kids used to the spotlight and being photographed with us whilst also having a good time and supporting a sector of the UK arts that badly needs it". Several things at once.

Whilst it's certainly an individual decision to go to a theatre or cinema now, the theatres themselves are keen to show that they have put as many measures and precautions in place as possible and have been passed as covid safe and people who want/are able to can do the same as the Cambridges or book for the new year when more are scheduled to open up.

Old 12-12-2020, 08:51 AM
Serene Highness

Theatres are open in London but they remain closed in many parts of the North and Midlands. The entertainment sector is suffering pretty badly.

I'm not sure what a 2-year-old would have made of walking along a red carpet, but that's the way Royal life goes. If it weren't for the pandemic, the children would probably be joining William and Kate on state visits abroad, and being photographed by the world's media as they got off a plane to be greeted by the King and Queen of X or the President of Y.

Old 12-12-2020, 09:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
Theatres are open in London but they remain closed in many parts of the North and Midlands. The entertainment sector is suffering pretty badly.

I'm not sure what a 2-year-old would have made of walking along a red carpet, but that's the way Royal life goes. If it weren't for the pandemic, the children would probably be joining William and Kate on state visits abroad, and being photographed by the world's media as they got off a plane to be greeted by the King and Queen of X or the President of Y.
I was surprised to find last night that (when I watched some Coronation street which I don't normally watch) there were recent episodes filmed with less people around and often with the characters not wearing masks. I had thought that the show had had to stop filming some time ago and hadn't gone back to normal or semi normal. Its good that there are some theares open again as theatres and cinemas etc must have lost masses of trade nad money over the past 9 months....
Old 12-12-2020, 09:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Coming down the red carpet, people speaking to the family and neither the parents or the kids wearing a mask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
What about the family made you cringe?
Old 12-12-2020, 09:49 AM
Majesty

They are standing well back from people most of whom are wearing masks.. adn they themselves also wear masks in some shots
Old 12-12-2020, 10:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
With all due respect , ' West End up and running' gives a false impression of the situation. There is a very long road to go down yet. IMO part of the purpose of the Cambridge family outing as well as a thank you to key workers was to promote theatre.
I am a major theatre lover, and from everywhere I can see multiple west end shows are back, so to say "West End is up and running, but under strict rona guidelines" is not false, it is accurate.
I never said it was 100% back to the way things were, but that it was back under covid restrictions. Hence why I posted the video I did, which explains it all.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes but there were instances of people speaking to the family and neither them nor the family were wearing masks. All you need is ONE occurrence for the virus to be transmitted.

As registered nurse who works in an acute care hospital setting, I do realize I have a different perspective than most here on this forum.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:04 AM
Majesty

but they are not going to have anything like the numbers they usually have esp at this time of year when a lot of tourists come to town.. People will be wary oif coming and they wont have facilities to fill up the seats as they used to. THey wil have lost a lot of money during lockdown
Old 12-12-2020, 10:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Coming down the red carpet, people speaking to the family and neither the parents or the kids wearing a mask.
I respect your experience as a nurse but I think it is best you familiarize yourself with UK guidelines and how they differ to the US, to understand that W&C were adhering to them (don't forget this was a royal engagements not an off duty event). I would argue them doing what the guidelines say and not going against them by wearing a mask in the open is smart. Imagine what would the reaction be from those who oppose masks completely or those who think covid is nothing to worry about or false, seeing William, a future head of state, ignoring gov guidelines by wearing a mask in an open space in a tier 2 area?

As it has been said multiple times already: the UK does not have a mandatory mask wear when outside, and kids under 11 do not need to wear masks.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

I assure you that neither the Duke or Duchess would give a rats behind about tourism or economic loss in the theatre sector if one or all of their children came down with coronavirus .
Old 12-12-2020, 10:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

There is an expression I believe it is biblical but this goes along the line " all things are lawful but not all things are advantageous".
The idea of it is that because it is in your legal rights to do something does not mean that is in your best interest or that you should.

William, Charles, Albert of Monaco, Christian Denmark, Carl Phillip abd Sofia of Sweden all claimed to be adhering and abiding to the Covid-19 "laws" and they all came down with the virus. Some faring worse than others. Not to mention the numerous who had to be in isolation after learning that they had in fact come into contact unknowingly with someone who was positive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
I respect your experience as a nurse but I think it is best you familiarize yourself with UK guidelines and how they differ to the US, to understand that W&C were adhering to them (don't forget this was a royal engagements not an off duty event). I would argue them doing what the guidelines say and not going against them by wearing a mask in the open is smart. Imagine what would the reaction be from those who oppose masks completely or those who think covid is nothing to worry about or false, seeing William, a future head of state, ignoring gov guidelines by wearing a mask in an open space in a tier 2 area?

As it has been said multiple times already: the UK does not have a mandatory mask wear when outside, and kids under 11 do not need to wear masks.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:36 AM
Majesty

What does that mean? Charles and probalby William caught it in the early days when noone was taking precautions.. but the virus was just becoming a problem. Same with Boris Johnson.
Old 12-12-2020, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Let's move on from the back and forth about the masks and social distancing and get back on topic.
Old 12-12-2020, 11:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely outing by the family and good to see them supporting a struggling sector and thanking the people who have been working so hard.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:34 PM
Aristocracy

LOVE these photos and Charlotte is my favorite!
Old 12-13-2020, 04:53 AM
Courtier

Thanks for the sweet photos.
The family looked like they enjoyed the theatre and pantomime.

I, too, am nervous whenever I see people not socially distancing and not wearing masks. I accept that William and his family would have had the best of advice and that they were following the rules. I'm naturally now more fearful, and sad about the deaths World wide.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Happy Birthday, Kate!

These photos are so lovely....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-birthday.html
Old 01-09-2021, 09:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I had hoped Kate would have one more child and hoped for a girl as a friend for Charlotte. I guess now she's 39 that hope is fading but you never know I suppose.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I had hoped Kate would have one more child and hoped for a girl as a friend for Charlotte. I guess now she's 39 that hope is fading but you never know I suppose.
Not necessarily; Zara is 39 and expecting another child.

But I think perhaps the Cambridges have decided to stop now; they did get some criticism for having a third child.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

And Kate had hyperemesis gravidarum during all her pregnancies.