Old 04-25-2018, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Isn't "Bea" just a diminutive form?

Old 04-25-2018, 03:37 PM
Courtier

I will go for a prince Richard William Michael

Old 04-25-2018, 03:46 PM
Nobility

I'm betting Philip Albert Michael Henry.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:49 PM
Nobility

I like your logic, but I have a feeling Edward is out, since the family already has two living Prince Edwards (Wessex and Kent). Plus, Prince Edward caused that flap at St. Andrews when William was a student, so I doubt they'd honor him that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsteepy View Post
Reposting my December prediction below.

I believe we can get fairly close in our prediction by studying the naming patterns of members of the current House of Windsor. Whether boy or girl names (generally) follow the below pattern.

Given name = Traditional Hanoverian Name
Middle names = honor a Hanoverian, Saxon or Montbatten ancestor.

This naming pattern is not 100% true to all members but generally works.

We can rule out combinations of George Alexander Louis because they are already being used by William & Kate's first son. Therefore, my prediction is:

Boy ~ Edward Arthur Phillip
[/B]
Old 04-25-2018, 03:51 PM
Majesty

Frederick Michael Leopold
Frederick is after Frederick Louis, Prince of Wales.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:14 PM
Commoner

Did anyone post how long it took to announce the 1st and 2nd childrens’ names? This is starting to seem like a lag!
Old 04-25-2018, 05:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

George and Charlotte took 2 days each. William's name, when he was born, took a week for them to release it.

Speculation is the name will not be released until Charles is back from France and can see the baby. So most of the 'royal watchers' are saying sometime tomorrow.

LaRae
Old 04-25-2018, 05:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

France? I read somewhere that he is in Scotland but is due to return today.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've read France..but wherever he is...after he gets back.

LaRae
Old 04-25-2018, 05:48 PM
Courtier

He was in Scotland Monday, and France today I believe. He was supposed to return to England late tonight, so hopefully they'll meet tomorrow morning!

Be a good person.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
George and Charlotte took 2 days each. William's name, when he was born, took a week for them to release it.

Speculation is the name will not be released until Charles is back from France and can see the baby. So most of the 'royal watchers' are saying sometime tomorrow.

LaRae

I hope that’s not because they will call him Charles. Not a fan of Phillip as a first name either. Second or third would be ok. Anyway it’s another long wait again today
Old 04-25-2018, 06:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

David, Phillip and Richard...I like all those. I don't see Charles being used as a first name.

LaRae
Old 04-25-2018, 07:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't see Charles being used either. To have Charlotte and Charles sounds like something one would name twins like Christopher and Christine.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:26 PM
Royal Highness

Wilhelm Philip Malcom
All strong male names. All Princes or Kings
Nod to Prince William Prince Philip and Mr. Middleton

Charlotte Elizabeth Diana [/B]
(both names similar in construction.)
Old 04-25-2018, 07:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

The last thing they will want to do is remind people of how German their roots are. Many people still comment how Unbritish they are. If they choose to honor William, they will use the straight William.

I don't think we will see an Alexander. Even less now that William made the comment this morning. William has been around the block long enough not to make such an obvious slip as that.

Disappointed we didn't have a name this morning. Hopefully we will tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't see Wilhelm at all. If they use any form of that name, it will be the one that his daddy has. William. Wilhelm is too Germanic I think and the BRF has enough to deal with than pointing to their Germanic ancestry even if they're proud of it.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:34 PM
Nobility

I'm thinking that at least a couple of these names may be a part:

Michael
William
Albert
Philip
Old 04-25-2018, 07:37 PM
Nobility

One last guess for me - Matthew Phillip Michael - although there's bound to be some reason why they wouldn't use Matthew. Sounds pretty safe.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
One last guess for me - Matthew Phillip Michael - although there's bound to be some reason why they wouldn't use Matthew. Sounds pretty safe.
If only because they tend to stick to royal names, and Matthew seems to have been picked out of thin air with no connection to royals or the family. Other then Pippa's new last name.

Unless I am missing some other connection then it being a cute name someone selected from a popular list.

Safe for Mr and Mrs Jane Smith of Putney. Not safe bet for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Wilhelm Philip Malcom
All strong male names. All Princes or Kings
Nod to Prince William Prince Philip and Mr. Middleton

Charlotte Elizabeth Diana [/B]
(both names similar in construction.)
Arthur Philip Michael is my other guess.