The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 08:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
He said or Jackie too...so ....not sure it was a slip.
Oh, he was definitely covering when he added 'or Jackie', but I don't infer anything from it really. He was probably just caught up in his excitement over the goal.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Jacqueline? It would sound original!

Old 04-18-2018, 09:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Right about now, I would hazard the guess that Kate is walking around muttering "I'm going to name you Late For Dinner" and wishing something would start happening.

Those last few days of waiting seem like months.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think she would like the baby to wait till the end of Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (William is occupied for now).
Old 04-18-2018, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post
William's reported comment about Jack makes me wonder if John might be in the running after all. It was the name of William's grandfather, and of course has royal pedigree. I don't attach much importance to the rumours about the Royals being superstitious.

John is not fashionable, being just outside the top 100 names, but they could choose it as a formal name while calling him Jack (as happened with Henry/Harry).
Although in general I'm not superstitious, even in the Spencer family the name was unlucky recently. And though Diana's father was called Johnnie, his first name was actually Edward.

John Spencer-son of Edward John & Frances Ruth, born & died Jan 12, 1960
Old 04-18-2018, 03:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Although in general I'm not superstitious, even in the Spencer family the name was unlucky recently. And though Diana's father was called Johnnie, his first name was actually Edward.

John Spencer-son of Edward John & Frances Ruth, born & died Jan 12, 1960
I know Diana's father's first name was Edward, but the name he used was John. If I wanted to name a child in remembrance of someone, I would give them the name they were known by.

As for "recently" - it was nearly 60 years ago!
Old 04-19-2018, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyS View Post
I do wonder if they will be a little less traditional with their third child's name. It seems that royals tend to be classic but less formal such as the Dutch princess Ariane, the Danish twins Josephine and Vincent, Princess Madeleine's third child Adrienne.
Perhaps being further from the throne allows for something different :)

Although I do see that the British royals tend towards tradition so maybe not

Not only the British, but also the Middletons seem to have a penchant for royal names. There's Catherine Elizabeth, Phillippa Charlotte, and James William.
All names used by royalty.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:18 AM
Aristocracy

Well, it’s almost time! I am hoping that Baby Cambridge no. 3 arrives onQueen Elizabeth’s 92nd birthday.

For a girl, my perfect choice would be: Cecilia Elizabeth Rose. A trifecta tribute to QE2 (grandmother, mother/self, sister).

For a boy, David Michael Philip (The Queen Mother’s beloved little brother, Catherine’s father, William’s grandfather).
Old 04-19-2018, 12:52 PM
Nobility

"Princess Cecilia" is too much of a tongue twister.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Princess CC?
Old 04-19-2018, 05:34 PM
Majesty

I don't expect them to use Elizabeth twice (both for Charlotte and for Cambridge #3) - probably not even if born on her birthday. Calling a son 'Phillip' would be a great way to honor the queen as well :)
Old 04-19-2018, 06:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I don't expect them to use Elizabeth twice (both for Charlotte and for Cambridge #3) - probably not even if born on her birthday. Calling a son 'Phillip' would be a great way to honor the queen as well :)

Or Alexandra or Mary, the queen’s middle names.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Philip's 'favourite' sister was Cecilie so not to hard to say at all.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post
Or Alexandra or Mary, the queen’s middle names.
Yes, I considered that as well: I would prefer Mary in that case as George already has Alexander as one of his middle names. So, it would still be a repeat in my book.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hoping no Alexandra, love the name, but already used Alexander.

I do think if the baby is born April 21st, we will see a Mary. Or if a boy, Philip. Both honor to the Queen.

Princess Mary Alice Valerie of Cambridge

Prince Philip Albert Michael of Cambridge

I really do hope the baby is born any other day though. He or she shouldn't have to share a birthday with the queen. Will never have their own day until the queen passes away.

April isn't just a popular birth month now. It was in time as well.

Alice and Mary would be fitting for April 25. Mary, Countess Harewood, and George III's daughter Mary were born on that day. And Victoria's daughter Alice as well.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:09 PM
Majesty

If it's a girl and they pick Mary as a middle name; all three children have one of the queen's names (or a male variant)... Would be a nice nod.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:45 PM
Commoner

Alice Victoria Mary
Old 04-19-2018, 10:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieAnn View Post
Alice Victoria Mary
Sounds serious. Are you psychic? But I too am despairing that it will be Alice if a girl. Mary is better. How about a boy?
Old 04-19-2018, 11:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Sounds serious. Are you psychic? But I too am despairing that it will be Alice if a girl. Mary is better. How about a boy?
Mary Victoria Alice
Old 04-19-2018, 11:33 PM
Commoner

Not hardly! lol

I just like the name.

I can't think of a boy name that I like except Philip, and I hope Zara will have a boy.

Closed Thread