The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 04:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
That's what i'm looking forward to find out too
Let's hope we will not be compelled to "look forward" till May 15.

Old 04-12-2018, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
So many names have been suggested that someone is bound to have hit on the right one.
Unless they go with a very different name. I don't think anyone suggested Estelle or Adrianne in the Swedish royals thread But William and Catherine are very traditional with names, so I think it will be a predictable choice.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_royalist View Post
Has anyone even come close before???
Lots of people. George was number 1 at the bookies for a boy the first time around. And Charlotte was in top three for a girl. One of Kate’s blogs ran a poll on names during her second pregnancy and the votes from 1-3 were – Charlotte Elizabeth Diana

The Cambridges have been nothing if not predictable namers, so far. I keep hoping for a surprise this time.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
Diana, Charles, Elizabeth and Carole have all been honoured with the first two children.

If it’s a boy it’s likely they’ll honour Philip and/or Michael.

But then again, with George, they haven’t honoured any living relatives, so quite likely they won’t with baby #3.

I’m still hoping for a Philip or Victoria/Alice
More precisely, they've all been honored with child #2 (as you point out in your third sentence).

If a boy, I'm still hoping for Philip Henry James but don't think it is likely... Based on current popularity (as with George and Charlotte) 'prince Alfred' (nicknamed Alfie) wouldn't surprise me (but not a fan). Arthur and Albert are of course the other likely royal 'A'-name choices but not popular.

If a girl, I'm not so sure what to hope or expect. Alice was the favorite for Charlotte, so maybe this time?
Helena would be a nice royal alternative but not in the top-100 of popular baby names;
Matilda is, but I prefer a name that isn't currently in use by a queen.
Jane has royal history, is the name of one of William's aunts and I like the name but again not popular nowadays.
Cecilia would be a nice nod to the duke of Edinburgh's sister and a true royal name that isn't too much in use currently in Europe.
Would princess Olivia (or Olive) be out of the question? I don't believe it has royal history but is a variation on the name of Catherine's great-grandmother, Olive Middleton, née Lupton. And it is the most popular girl's name according to this link.
My suggestions for middle names: Frances Mary (both names present in both families)
Old 04-12-2018, 08:06 PM
Majesty

For a Prince use Bruce as a middle name. Robert de Bruce ruled Scotland as King Robert I from 1306 to 1329.
For a Princess use Davina as a middle name.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Might this be true?

Royal baby: Prince William may have spilled the beans on sex of baby No. 3
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/roya...164948926.html

Quote:
Did Prince William spill the beans on the sex of his third child with Kate Middleton?

The soon-to-be father of three was celebrating soccer team Aston Villa's win on Tuesday when he made the remark that turned heads. After Aston Villa player Jack Grealish scored the game-winning goal, William said “I’m going to insist the baby is called Jack," After a brief pause, he continued, "... or Jackie."
Now that would be a great name: Prince John but call him Jack!
Old 04-12-2018, 09:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

LOL they say they don't know....but who knows!

LaRae
Old 04-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
LOL they say they don't know....but who knows!

LaRae
I would laugh if its a boy like you had one job William!!
Old 04-12-2018, 09:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Poor guy...it's all getting to him! lol

LaRae
Old 04-12-2018, 09:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
HereditaryPrincess, I am glad that you mentioned Olga again.
Everyone seems to have overlooked Princess Victoria, who was the second daughter of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra. Her name was Victoria Alexandra Olga Mary.
There is a bit more lee-way in names when middle names.

Victoria was, as was common back then, named for her godparents and her mother.
-Victoria: her grandmother who was also her godmother
-Alexandra: her mother
-Olga: Queen Olga of Greece, Alexandra's sister in law, another godmother
-Mary: Princess Mary Adelaide of Cambridge, another godmother

She also had 2 godmothers named Marie which was a variation of Mary. The only godmother she isn't named for was the dowager queen of Denmark. They did the same with their other children. With the exception of Maude.

I notice people mentioned Alexandra of Kent. While Alexandr'a first name is for Queen Alexandra, and Cristobel is her birthdate, the rest are for her mother's family. Her grandmother Princess Helena of Greece (Princess Nicholas) and her two aunts, Countess Elizabeth and Princess Olga of Yugoslavia.

Quote:
For a Prince use Bruce as a middle name. Robert de Bruce ruled Scotland as King Robert I from 1306 to 1329.
For a Princess use Davina as a middle name.
If they do go Scottish, Robert is far more likely then Bruce. And I don't see them using Davina, if going to use it, will use the masculine David.

Quote:
Let's hope we will not be compelled to "look forward" till May 15.
Never known a doctor to let a pregnancy go 2 weeks past the due date. Due date some time in April.

Still leaning towards a due date mid April, though possibly delivering late.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:22 AM
Courtier

For a son: Robert/Robin, John, Richard, Edmund, James

for a daughter: Mary, Jane, Clara, Emma, Philippa
Old 04-13-2018, 12:45 AM
Heir Apparent

If it's Edmund i'd be immediately reminded of Blackadder
Old 04-13-2018, 12:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
If it's Edmund i'd be immediately reminded of Blackadder
Never heard of that.

Thinking more of Edmund, King and Saint; and other notable references.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

I love the name, but now all I will ever think of is:

Too bad Edward hadn't been named Edmund instead, as Blackadder's title was Duke of Edinburgh

John seems to be vetoed. And due to Viscount Severn being a child, and close family, I doubt we will see James as a first name.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:26 AM
Courtier

I think all the names I thought of, for a prince, have been monarchs in the past.

When offering my opinion, it never occurred to me that decades-old tv programmes would matter.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
On a whimsical note for a boy: Prince Cameron of Cambridge.

For a girl: Princess Clarissa of Cambridge.

Sounds like I need a Disney fix doesn't it.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:27 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
But then again, with George, they haven’t honoured any living relatives, so quite likely they won’t with baby #3.
George shares all three of his names with William's first cousins from the Spencer family:

George McCorquodale
Alexander Fellowes
Louis, Viscount Althorp

My guesses are Alice and Arthur.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

Never known a doctor to let a pregnancy go 2 weeks past the due date. Due date some time in April.

Still leaning towards a due date mid April, though possibly delivering late.
As I said before: due date may be as well 30 April.

My cousin had her boy induced two weeks after due date and he is completely healthy.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

I am expecting her to give birth by the 20th...but we'll see! I hear she went late with one or both of her first children.

LaRae
Old 04-13-2018, 07:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
As I said before: due date may be as well 30 April.

My cousin had her boy induced two weeks after due date and he is completely healthy.
My sister-in-law had both her girls induced two weeks after the due date and both are completely healthy.

I have a friend who was induced about 11 days past the due date and again completely healthy.

Closed Thread