Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
George and Charlotte took 2 days each. William's name, when he was born, took a week for them to release it.

Speculation is the name will not be released until Charles is back from France and can see the baby. So most of the 'royal watchers' are saying sometime tomorrow.

LaRae

I hope that’s not because they will call him Charles. Not a fan of Phillip as a first name either. Second or third would be ok. Anyway it’s another long wait again today

David, Phillip and Richard...I like all those. I don't see Charles being used as a first name.

LaRae

I don't see Charles being used either. To have Charlotte and Charles sounds like something one would name twins like Christopher and Christine. :D

Wilhelm Philip Malcom
All strong male names. All Princes or Kings
Nod to Prince William Prince Philip and Mr. Middleton

Charlotte Elizabeth Diana [/B]
(both names similar in construction.)

:previous: The last thing they will want to do is remind people of how German their roots are. Many people still comment how Unbritish they are. If they choose to honor William, they will use the straight William.

I don't think we will see an Alexander. Even less now that William made the comment this morning. William has been around the block long enough not to make such an obvious slip as that.

Disappointed we didn't have a name this morning. Hopefully we will tomorrow.

I don't see Wilhelm at all. If they use any form of that name, it will be the one that his daddy has. William. Wilhelm is too Germanic I think and the BRF has enough to deal with than pointing to their Germanic ancestry even if they're proud of it.

I'm thinking that at least a couple of these names may be a part:

Michael
William
Albert
Philip

One last guess for me - Matthew Phillip Michael - although there's bound to be some reason why they wouldn't use Matthew. Sounds pretty safe.

One last guess for me - Matthew Phillip Michael - although there's bound to be some reason why they wouldn't use Matthew. Sounds pretty safe.

If only because they tend to stick to royal names, and Matthew seems to have been picked out of thin air with no connection to royals or the family. Other then Pippa's new last name.

Unless I am missing some other connection then it being a cute name someone selected from a popular list.

Safe for Mr and Mrs Jane Smith of Putney. Not safe bet for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Wilhelm Philip Malcom
All strong male names. All Princes or Kings
Nod to Prince William Prince Philip and Mr. Middleton

Charlotte Elizabeth Diana [/B]
(both names similar in construction.)

Arthur Philip Michael is my other guess.

He was in Scotland Monday, and France today I believe. He was supposed to return to England late tonight, so hopefully they'll meet tomorrow morning!

True.

Charles as the future King of Australia was at the Dawn Service at Villers-Bretenneux. He was also there representing the Queen of Australia.

ANZAC Day is commemorated in many places - in both Australia and New Zealand obviously, at Gallipoli and then at places where the ANZACs have fought - Kokoda in PNG, in places in S-E Asia such as along the Burma-Thailand Railway, in North Africa at El Alamein and Tobruk, in the Middle East at Beersheba for instance, wherever out service men and women are currently serving e.g. the Leader of the Opposition in Australia (Bill Shorten) was in Afghanistan, and then at places across the Western Front and in Britain.

On the Western Front the focus is VB because it is the only battle field where all five Australia divisions served at some point.

The NZers have a different focus point on the Western Front (and I am sure a Kiwi member will be able to fill in the gap in my knowledge here - along with other places where the Kiwis will have services e.g. in Italy where the Aussies didn't fight in WWII but the NZers did - well my great-uncle did. He was in Wellington when the second war started and so joined the NZ army and told his mother he was going to be an 'ANZAC just like dad but he was going to be a NZer while his father was an Aussie ANZAC'. Unlike his father though he came home. His father is still at Gallipoli.

I am not sure if Charles attended other events around VB or the Western Front yesterday but he was at the Dawn Service, spoke (seemed a strange speech to me but poignant just the same) and laid the first wreath.

I don't know why Charles will need to see the child before a name is released. I seem to remember that he didn't go and seen Charlotte before her name was released but the Queen did and within an hour of the Queen leaving KP the name was out. I am therefore wondering if, either the Queen is going to come up from Windsor to visit or whether they may take the boy to see her and then release a name.

Did anyone post how long it took to announce the 1st and 2nd childrens’ names? This is starting to seem like a lag!

Both George and Charlotte's names were announced two days after their birth which means we should have expected something today. However, I wonder if they are delaying by one day due to Anzac Day and didn't want baby name news to overshadow the royal families participation in honoring their fallen soldiers? The royal family got a lot of good press today attending those activities. Don't know, just one possible reason.

Both George and Charlotte's names were announced two days after their birth which means we should have expected something today. However, I wonder if they are delaying by one day due to Anzac Day and didn't want baby name news to overshadow the royal families participation in honoring their fallen soldiers? The royal family got a lot of good press today attending those activities. Don't know, just one possible reason.

That's what several posters have suggested and is the most logical explanation imo. The fact that William attended a service only 2 days after becoming a dad for the third time, tells us that it's important to the BRF, so it makes a lot of sense that they decided to delay the announcement of the baby's names.

As said above I was told that the names will be known before the weekend, meaning the names could well be announced Thursday or even Friday.

Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

Well it stands to reason it will be Thursday or Friday if it’s not announced by Monday they must be disagreeing and digging their feet in ha ha

Last edited:
Now it's being said they won't release the name till the Queen arrives back to BP.

Who knows...

LaRae

Now it's being said they won't release the name till the Queen arrives back to BP.

Who knows...

LaRae

That is silly. Can’t they just tell the Queen what the name of the baby is ? Why does she have to actually see him first ?

I understand that the Queen might have to approve the name, but that doesn’t require a visit to the Cambridges home or their coming to BP.

Last edited:
That is silly. Can’t they just tell the Queen what the name of the baby is ? Why does she have to actually see him first ?
I agree, I do think they need to see the queen to run the name past her. I suspect they are waiting for Charles to come and meet the baby before announcing a name.

See how it's almost noon there and Charles was back last night...plenty of time for him to have popped over to see the new baby.

That's why they are now wondering about the Queen.

LaRae

See how it's almost noon there and Charles was back last night...plenty of time for him to have popped over to see the new baby.

LaRae

When Charles went to KP, I'm sure he will be photographed by reporters.

LaRae
How likely is it that Charles had a free day pencilled on today? I suspect he will visit KP at some point today or tmrw, depending on his schedule.

The Queen should be in London. It’s Thursday and we know she was at Windsor yesterday.

She has been at Windsor largely since Easter for the Easter court. She was undertaking official duties there yesterday. This is normal for her at this time of year.

I would be surprised if she came up to London for one day when she spends virtually every weekend now - from Thursday lunch to Monday lunch or even Tuesday at Windsor and Philip is reportedly still at Windsor.

She may, of course.

on monday i think it was alistar bruce (sp) the historian who said the queen is in windsor until next week...but, dailymail seems to think its today...maybe the reporter were given a heads up that its coming at some point today...i guess we'll see.

o and i think family knows the name...like the queen knows..william made it seem that they had already named him...now they are just waiting for the impt people to meet him....and thats probably just out of respect.

Ok then if she's back today, then if they were really waiting on her return then they will announce later today.

LaRae

Ok then if she's back today, then if they were really waiting on her return then they will announce later today.

LaRae

It is already almost 1 pm London time, so the chances of an announcement today are diminishing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom