Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever had a grandparent die? Most normal people (which most on this board would agree Nicholas was born and raised as) would want to be able to spend a few moments with that person as they pass away. I know that was certainly the case for me when my grandfather died in 2009 after unexpected health complications.

You might want to do some further reading on this subject. Nicholas has moved on with his life. He lives in the UK now, after being in France (and some other European countries) for a period, and has obtained a position in that country. He is engaged and looking forward to starting a family of his own. He has a good relationship with his sister and step-father.

Is it really that hard to believe that he simply wants to see his grandfather? Nicholas did not have this chance with his own dad, who died out-of-the-blue from a heart attack in Switzerland at a fairly young age. He spent a good deal of time with his maternal grandparents when he was growing up, as his paternal grandparents were already dead. His desires are completely human.

Many wish him nothing but the best - even in this sad time.

Yes, I have, two, thank you for asking.

No, I do not know much about the situation in Romania, other than the more recent announcements.

I do not find it hard to believe that someone wants to see his grandfather before passing away, it's totally acceptable. But the public way Nicholas deals with it makes it appear less genuine, at least to my personal eyes. If you know that someone you deeply care about is dying, but adamantly does not wish to see you or having you around him at the moment, wouldn't you respect his wishes and at least stay out of the way for now? You can stay in close distance, meet other family members, keep in touch with his health development via phonecalls etc... instead of arguing and fighting around the sickbed?

Unless Nicholas genuine believes that not seeing him was NOT the King's real intent, or something more sinister is going on...

Anyway, with too little knowledge about this family, I should refrain from further comments

Last edited:
This whole situation is really just sad. King Michael is such a saint and perfectly behaved, and I wonder what went wrong in the family.

I definitely raced to see my grandparents before they passed away, but if they had made it clear that I wasn't welcome, I wouldn't have.

Nicholas was interviewed in Antena 3 Romania:
He said among other things:
"It was the seventh time I came and tried in the last two years and yes, I had nothing to do but try. I tried with letters, I tried on the phone, face to face, I came here, I stood four hours in front at one point. I wanted to see my grandfather, I asked, everything I got was a negative answer".
"I'm very sad because I don't know what's going to happen, I don't know even if he is ok or not, I haven't received good news or something else from the family. I feel like I've lost some of my soul somehow. I have something empty here. Yes ... I have been crying very much since I came", he said.
King Michael's grandson said on Wednesday he would not go into the "dirty play" of the Royal House, adding that he would honor his grandfather "in these difficult moments."
"I can't comment on it until the situation is solved," he said.
"I left when it was confirmed I could not see him. I left. I cried, met my fiancee, she spoke to me, calmed myself. I really cried. I could not believe it might be the last time I got here to Switzerland to see him. And I tried the next day very quietly but without success."
"The police came, they were called by someone and they wanted to know more about everything that happened and I worked with them. I don't want problems. I'm my grandfather's grandson, I want to see him. I asked someone why I was not allowed. Why there has never been an explanation for this, nothing in private or public, nothing has been said simply. And the same with August 2015 ".

About the paternity test Nicholas said that he has asked the test several times:
"I have asked for a DNA test several times, and that lady in question didn't come. Unfortunately, with the laws, I don't know how it is in other countries, but in Romania the man has not right to force to this test. I said let's do it, this needs to be clarified. I can't do more, unfortunately, because of the law. But it must be resolved. I want to see my grandfather. I want to have an explanation. But I have to figure out what's best for him, for the situation now and I have to put to the other side what I want and what's right. I don't want to argue with anyone, I don't want problems I just want to see my grandfather. Everyone, including me, needs to know the explanation of the August 2015 decision. And I want to know why I can not see my grandfather", said King Michael's grandson.
INTERVIU exclusiv cu nepotul Regelui Mihai_ „Simt că am pierdut ceva din sufletul meu”
Translation

"It was the seventh time I came and tried in the last two years and yes, I had nothing to do but try. I tried with letters, I tried on the phone, face to face, I came here, I stood four hours in front at one point. I wanted to see my grandfather, I asked, everything I got was a negative answer".
"I'm very sad because I don't know what's going to happen, I don't know even if he is ok or not, I haven't received good news or something else from the family. I feel like I've lost some of my soul somehow. I have something empty here. Yes ... I have been crying very much since I came", he said.
King Michael's grandson said on Wednesday he would not go into the "dirty play" of the Royal House, adding that he would honor his grandfather "in these difficult moments."
"I left when it was confirmed I could not see him. I left. I cried, met my fiancee, she spoke to me, calmed myself. I really cried. I could not believe it might be the last time I got here to Switzerland to see him. And I tried the next day very quietly but without success."
"The police came, they were called by someone and they wanted to know more about everything that happened and I worked with them. I don't want problems. I'm my grandfather's grandson, I want to see him. I asked someone why I was not allowed. Why there has never been an explanation for this, nothing in private or public, nothing has been said simply. And the same with August 2015 ".

About the paternity test Nicholas said that he has asked the test several times:
"I have asked for a DNA test several times, and that lady in question didn't come. Unfortunately, with the laws, I don't know how it is in other countries, but in Romania the man has not right to force to this test. I said let's do it, this needs to be clarified. I can't do more, unfortunately, because of the law. But it must be resolved. I want to see my grandfather. I want to have an explanation. But I have to figure out what's best for him, for the situation now and I have to put to the other side what I want and what's right. I don't want to argue with anyone, I don't want problems I just want to see my grandfather. Everyone, including me, needs to know the explanation of the August 2015 decision. And I want to know why I can not see my grandfather", said King Michael's grandson.
INTERVIU exclusiv cu nepotul Regelui Mihai_ „Simt că am pierdut ceva din sufletul meu”
Translation

This is such a sad and unfortunate situation! Just sad! Everyone deserves a second chance in one way or another. It’s time to forgive and forget. Should the king pass without Nicholas being able to see him, how horrible would he feel. Would the family even feel bad for him, or care? What has happened to this family? Surely the king and crown princess, or even his mother aren’t so heartless? For goodness sakes, let him see the King! At this point they will likely deny him the opportunity to mourn, if and when the king passes. Just sad!

First of all, if Nicholas did act out as the reports state he did, I don't condone it, but we have to remember a father and grandfather is dying and even in the best of families there's a tension throughout the vigil and nerves are frayed to the max. Add this scenario to the dysfunctional Romanian Family and it's magnified ten fold. Right now Nicholas has his girlfriend/soon to be bride and that's it for family. He has no close family anymore except, I hope, his sister unless she's been brainwashed/bullied to condemn him, too.
I really feel for this young man. He's been condemned and banished from the family for what? A big immoral act in the family's eyes. His great-grandfather Carol II, everyone knows his moral lapses and even his aunt Irina was convicted of animal cruelty in the US. Yes, Irina was stripped of her title as a result, but I understand she's with her father now. Queen Marie had many affairs and her youngest child has always been questioned as not to be Ferdinand's, but the child of another man. Nicholas fathered a baby out of wedlock, we don't know what if any arrangement he and the mother made. I remember when the mother announced her pregnancy, she indicated she would be raising it alone and has never confirmed Nicholas is the father. Now he probably is, but the issue is between the parents as they're adults and can work things out.
The family keeps harping about the baby and not recognizing her, but the mother has never said a word about Nicholas or his responsibilities or lack of responsibilities. It seems as this was a convenient excuse to get him out of the way as he was so popular with the Romanian public.
I think the family are hypocrites and they're acting worse than children. They should be ashamed and embarrassed, especially his mother.
Romania perhaps would have been better off with the Hohenzollerns, who, really are the next in succession but for the 2007 change, but they don't want it.

Translation

This television interview with Nicolae reminds me of that famous Panorama interview when Diana more or less spoke with her heart on her hand in a state of grief for a practically dead marriage. Remember the Margareta-Duda controlled Royal House fired the first shots in this almost medieval saga. Incredulous press releases about intimate family business and getting the police involved are a sure sign of desperation from the Crown Princess couple. Then the highly inappropriate press release from the Royal House purporting to be from Nicolae’s mother which poured nothing but hate and rabid moral righteousness finally pointed to the collapse of all principles of the family excluding Nicolae. I am glad Nicolae did this interview but it actually works for him and it will help Romanian people to understand his point of view. I dare say he has shown leadership in this regard which contrasts sharply with his ever so shy grandfather who has ended up in a foreign land.

[...] King Michael had a formidable aid in Queen Anne, but, by and large, the daughters did not have the same good fortune in finding supportive and well-intentioned consorts. [...]

Actually I think that Princess Margareta has found a good consort in Radu Duda. The royal family owes a lot to Radu, it was his unstoppable effort and his talent for PR which prevented the royals sinking away in total obscurity. None of the five daughters and certainly none of the other in-laws have had such a zest for keeping the royal family relevant. I have never liked Radu Duda but honour has to be given when honour is due.

This television interview with Nicolae reminds me of that famous Panorama interview when Diana more or less spoke with her heart on her hand in a state of grief for a practically dead marriage. Remember the Margareta-Duda controlled Royal House fired the first shots in this almost medieval saga. Incredulous press releases about intimate family business and getting the police involved are a sure sign of desperation from the Crown Princess couple. Then the highly inappropriate press release from the Royal House purporting to be from Nicolae’s mother which poured nothing but hate and rabid moral righteousness finally pointed to the collapse of all principles of the family excluding Nicolae. I am glad Nicolae did this interview but it actually works for him and it will help Romanian people to understand his point of view. I dare say he has shown leadership in this regard which contrasts sharply with his ever so shy grandfather who has ended up in a foreign land.

You seem to blame it on the "Margareta-Duda controlled Royal House" but it lacks any logic. The couple has no issue, so Nicholas was no "danger" in that aspect. While the King remained in Switzerland, also when his health was fine anyway, it were Princess Margareta and her husband Radu Duda who kept the royal family relevant. It were aunt Margareta and uncle Radu whom guided and helped their young Swiss-born British nephew on his first steps as a Prince of Romania. They have invested so much time and so many efforts in promoting Nicholas as the future of a modern, re-energized Romanian Royal House.

They had nothing to gain with Nicholas' downfall. It would only destroy their carefully builded-up future. It were exactly the three of them, Margareta-Radu-Nicholas which formed the core Royal House. With this the factual Number Two in the michaelist version of the succession (Princess Elena) was overlooked. Princess Elena has all importance to fight for Nicholas. He is the fruit of her womb, he is the Number Three after her. But it seems that it is she, his own mother, whom has turned her back to him. So I would be careful to play that anti-Margareta-and-Radu record again, blaming them as the evil geniusses behind the fall of Nicholas. They were (and are) the last to have ANY benefit from this whole situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Diana parallel has crossed my mind, too. Nicholas is portaying himself as the victim of a heartless Royal House, shut out and discredited, in a very public way similar to Diana's strategy with the books and interview.

However, his actions both two years ago and again now, confirm that he is an emotionally impulsive young man who wants to have his cake and eat it, i.e. do what he wants when he wants and yet still retain a place in an institution which, for better or worse, doesn't work that way.

Making his dying grandfather's last days a media circus, all about him, demonstrates that he is more interested in vindicating his own position than allowing his grandfather to die in a decorous and dignified way. I doubt if his family will ever forgive him for that, let alone for the damage this is all doing to the royal cause.

He strikes me as a person who is emotionally very fraught, lost and out of control, perfect carrion for a ravenous and predatory media, just as Diana was.

The Royal House has not managed the situation well, but on this occasion, noone can deny that they were directly provoked in the most confrontational way by Nicholas' arrival on the doorstep and his subsequent courting of the media. Again, the emotional distress his mother must be feeling with her father on his deathbed and her son acting in this way is easy to understand.

I fully agree with Duc-et-Pair's remarks concerning the Crown Princess and her husband.

May they all find peace and calm at this atrocious time.

I think that Nicholas's growing popularity became a threat to Margareta and Radu, especially to Radu. They felt themselves as bystanders. What if almost all invitations sent to the royal family started "We would like to invite HRH Prince Nicolae to...?"
And Radu had wanted to be the President of Romania, and failed. What if Nicholas would become the King of Romania?
I also think that when Nicholas returned to public events in Romania this year, it came as a shock to Margareta and Radu. Nicholas had felt very hurt and stayed abroad so long after the title was taken from him, that Margareta and Radu perhaps thought that he would never return to Romania again. And suddenly he attended at notable events in Romania again.
Moreover, Nicholas and Alina got a lot of good publicity with their engagement.

Last edited:
So [If I understand correctly] the alleged 'Father' wants a test from a clinic where that test is recognised in a Court of Law, and the Mother wants a test from a clinic where that test doesn't have the same legal standing? MOST interesting...

I think that Nicholas's growing popularity became a threat to Margareta and Radu, especially to Radu. They felt themselves as bystanders. What if almost all invitations sent to the royal family started "We would like to invite HRH Prince Nicolae to...?"
And Radu had wanted to be the President of Romania, and failed. What if Nicholas would become the King of Romania?
I also think that when Nicholas returned to public events in Romania this year, it came as a shock to Margareta and Radu. Nicholas had felt very hurt and stayed abroad so long after the title was taken from him, that Margareta and Radu perhaps thought that he would never return to Romania again. And suddenly he attended at notable events in Romania again.
Moreover, Nicholas and Alina got a lot of good publicity with their engagement.

This makes no any sense. It were not King Michael and Queen Anne, living outside Romania, it were not Nicholas' mother or his aunts Sophie and Maria, it were exactly his childless aunt Princess Margareta and her spouse Radu Duda whom did their best to introduce their Swiss-born British nephew, now newly framed as "HRH Prince Nicolae of Romania" to Romania and Romanian society.

Especially Radu Duda, with his zest to prevent the royal family sinking away in obscurity, was motivated to keep his spouse Princess Margareta and his nephew "Prince Nicolae" in the picture. And the strategy was very succesful. The triumvirate Margareta-Radu-Nicolae became a strong feature.

Note that his grandparents, his mother and his other aunts did nothing for him. It is almost as if they had the attitude: "Spare the effort and seek a life in the UK or so". It were exactly Princess Margareta and Radu Duda whom seem to have planted a seed in the doubting Nicholas and converted him into a "believer" in a future for the former Royal House.

One core feature of every monarchy is the procreation. Every generation hopes to pass the patrimonium of their House to a new generation. Princess Margareta and Radu Duda know that without a procreation on longer term, the whole "Project Romania" would be in vain. No any other couple has such an interest in making the transformation of Nicholas succesful as exactly Princess Margareta and Radu Duda.

It goes against any logic that Princess Margareta and Radu Duda would burn exactly the one down, "their project", the only ones who believed in a future for Prince Nicolae. His own mother was completely invisible in all these years and did nothing for the cause of her son, nothing. While Princess Margareta and Radu Duda remain silent on all this, it was no one else than Nicholas' very own mother who blew him completely out of his socks in a public humiliation.

Last edited:
So [If I understand correctly] the alleged 'Father' wants a test from a clinic where that test is recognised in a Court of Law, and the Mother wants a test from a clinic where that test doesn't have the same legal standing? MOST interesting...

No, the alleged father insists that a test is done only at a specific 'state' clinic (which is recgonised in a court of law) whereas the mother insists on tests being done both at a specific 'state' clinic (which is recgonised in a court of law) and at a privately accredited clinic. It would appear that she is afraid of the influenceability of the state-clinic and he is afraid of the influenceability of the private clinic; hence, a stand-off.

If I read the letter of the mother correctly, the mother asks for the test to be taken at two different locations as she apparently doesn't completely trust the independence of the national institute. She isn't saying that she doesn't want the test to be taken at the national institute, only that she wants it done twice - apparently to exclude all doubts. I would hope both clinics would return the same result...

So, to me it seems that Nicholas is pretending to be willing but in practice is frustrating the process.

Last edited:
Perhaps a Court might best decide ? If these 'warring parties' are unable to do so sensibly...

This makes no any sense. It were not King Michael and Queen Anne, living outside Romania, it were not Nicholas' mother or his aunts Sophie and Maria, it were exactly his childless aunt Princess Margareta and her spouse Radu Duda whom did their best to introduce their Swiss-born British nephew, now newly framed as "HRH Prince Nicolae of Romania" to Romania and Romanian society.

Especially Radu Duda, with his zest to prevent the royal family sinking away in obscurity, was motivated to keep his spouse Princess Margareta and his nephew "Prince Nicolae" in the picture. And the strategy was very succesful. The triumvirate Margareta-Radu-Nicolae became a strong feature.

Note that his grandparents, his mother and his other aunts did nothing for him. It is almost as if they had the attitude: "Spare the effort and seek a life in the UK or so". It were exactly Princess Margareta and Radu Duda whom seem to have planted a seed in the doubting Nicholas and converted him into a "believer" in a future for the former Royal House.

One core feature of every monarchy is the procreation. Every generation hopes to pass the patrimonium of their House to a new generation. Princess Margareta and Radu Duda know that without a procreation on longer term, the whole "Project Romania" would be in vain. No any other couple has such an interest in making the transformation of Nicholas succesful as exactly Princess Margareta and Radu Duda.

It goes against any logic that Princess Margareta and Radu Duda would burn exactly the one down, "their project", the only ones who believed in a future for Prince Nicolae. His own mother was completely invisible in all these years and did nothing for the cause of her son, nothing. While Princess Margareta and Radu Duda remain silent on all this, it was no one else than Nicholas' very own mother who blew him completely out of his socks in a public humiliation.

I don't see Nicholas as Margareta's and Radu's "project". Of course they helped Nicholas some way, it would have been very strange if they didn't do that after king Michael made Nicholas a prince. The way Nicholas has always spoken and written about king Michael says to me that king Michael is besides Nicholas's grandfather, also his role model and idol. And because of king Michael Nicholas believes in Romania and loves Romania. Because of his grandfather Nicholas learned to speak Romanian and wanted to serve the romanian people. And if the three of them, Margareta, Radu and Nicholas would have been a strong trio, and Margareta and Radu thought that Nicholas was the future of the Royal Family, perhaps the future king, there was no need to bring princess Maria back to Romania. She started to do more events in 2014 and moved back to Romania in the beginning of 2015.

I've only started reading this thread and it's very complicated.

What I cannot understand is why would Nicholas's mother be so cruel to him?

He hasn't killed anyone, or become a thief or a drug dealer. He might possibly have fathered a child but this is not proven as yet I believe.

The punishment certainly outweighs the crime but as a mother I can't relate to Princess Elena's treatment of her son.

The King can also have forgiven Nicholas without any desire to meet him. So we don't know. Many of us will have forgiven people, including family, who have broken their promise, or in whom trust has been lost or because of abuse, crimes or misdemeanours. Nevertheless many of us will have no desire for contact. We simply do not know.

You are certainly 100% correct. Been there and done that to a family member and will always feel better for it. Don't wish her harm but don't permit her in my life to cause drama either.

I don't see Nicholas as Margareta's and Radu's "project". Of course they helped Nicholas some way, it would have been very strange if they didn't do that after king Michael made Nicholas a prince. The way Nicholas has always spoken and written about king Michael says to me that king Michael is besides Nicholas's grandfather, also his role model and idol. And because of king Michael Nicholas believes in Romania and loves Romania. Because of his grandfather Nicholas learned to speak Romanian and wanted to serve the romanian people. And if the three of them, Margareta, Radu and Nicholas would have been a strong trio, and Margareta and Radu thought that Nicholas was the future of the Royal Family, perhaps the future king, there was no need to bring princess Maria back to Romania. She started to do more events in 2014 and moved back to Romania in the beginning of 2015.

"Because of his grandfather Nicholas learned to speak Romanian and wanted to serve the romanian people"

Well... his grandparents remained in Switzerland anyway. His aunts remained outside Romania. As well his sister and his French cousine. It is nice to paint Nicholas in adoration for his grandfather. But the old man did nothing.

It were his aunt Princess Margarita and his uncle Radu whom took their nephew under their wing and thanks to all the efforts, the network, the position and the influence of his aunt Margarita and his uncle Radu Nicholas managed to find his way in a new country.

His grandparents in Aubonne, his family in the UK or France, nice... but they lived their own private lives far away from Romania. The efforts by Princess Margarita and Radu can not be underestimated.

The efforts by Princess Margarita and Radu can not be underestimated.

None of which would have been possible without the legacy of King Michael and the crucial moments through which he and Queen Mother Helen brought Romania during World War II.

Margarita, aided especially by her sister Sophie at the time, already had her foundation in the early 1990s. Even Helen and Irina, living where they do, were involved in raising funds to help their country when it became clear what a disastrous state the Romanian people were left in after the demise of the dictator. Margarita and Sophie were the first to go back to Romania, and this was not because King Michael and Queen Anne did not desire to be amongst their people, but because they were repeatedly blocked by the "democratic" government in Bucharest from doing so. Of course, Queen Anne was finally able to visit Romania on her own and King Michael made what was almost a rapturous return to the country where hundreds of thousands of people flooded the streets of the capital. It was during that visit that he went onto the balcony of the Intercontinental Hotel with Queen Anne and Princess Margarita and Princess Helen and he hoisted his grandson Nicholas up so that the little boy could witness the scene.

The king and queen and the princesses were shaped by what they experienced during exile, and they have all done the best they could. Some of these experiences, namely getting involved with the Moral Re-Armament Movement, were harmful to them and left them susceptible to be influenced by people with stronger characters, characters which can be positive or negative - that is normally the case with anybody who finds themselves in a cult.

If you look at the track record of Radu, he slowly but surely made a mission more centralised around promoting himself through the Royal family than of promoting the Royal family through his work. Hence his somehow receiving (or did he? that is still not fully understood) the much contested and eventually thrown away title of "Prince of Hohenzollern-Veringen" from the Fürst, his position as Special Representative of the Government, his ill-fated run for the Romanian Presidency, his involvement (not even totally veiled, to be frank) with influencing his father-in-law to eject Sophie and her infant daughter from the family (and then let her back in), to eject Irina and her children from the family, and to eject Nicholas from the family: to essentially make sure that he (with Margarita by his side) remains at the forefront...even when it resulted in the ageing King and Queen being slowly relegated to the background (whether in Switzerland or in Romania, because Michael and Anne did reside in Romania during different periods when they were both in better health), regardless of the fact that it was Michael and Anne who the people always turned out to see.

When Queen Anne was in her prime, she was the driving force behind having the king change the succession rules (which are about to recognised by the Romanian Parliament) so that their daughters and their grandchildren could be dynasts. She also acted as a unifying factor, and this is clearly evidenced by how close the family was until Radu entered the picture. At a certain point, Radu eclipsed them all though, and he continues to do so.

You constantly ask what he has to gain from behaving in this way, and the answer is pretty simple: power. That is all that narcissists care about - if people are helpful to narcissists in that quest, then those people are allowed to stick around; if those people are obstacles, then they need to be removed. The way this character has manifested itself in its behaviour towards the Romanian royal family is clear evidence of it. No one seems to know whether he was actually that talented of an actor when he met the Princess, but he surely created the role of his lifetime after he married her and entered the family.

The rest has turned out to be his story.

Last edited:
Ah, yes, it is all "the Narcissist Radu"... It was Radu and not the King disapproving the marriage with the fraud and the fantast Alain Biarneix? It was Radu and not the King to break with the House of Hohenzollern? It was Radu and not the King who drafted new rules for the House of Romania? It was Radu and not the King who took back his daughter, formerly Madame Biarneix and his granddaughter in grace and favour? It was Radu and not the King who came up with a newly invented line of succession? It was Radu and not the King whom created Nicholas "Prince of Romania"? It was Radu and not the King whom threw the fresh young "Prince" out of the Royal House again? It was Radu and not the King who barred the fallen-in-disgrace only grandson out of the michaelist version of the succession?

If it is all Radu, Radu, Radu, then this shows that Michael and his family are total spineless weak mussels, dancing to the pipes of an in-law. It also shows that Radu is the only one who is macchiavellist enough to steer the former Royal House into a position it is now: on the brink of getting a formal position in the republic.

I don't join the chorus of Sanctus Michaelis versus the diable Radu Duda.

There certainly seems to be quite a few odd things going on in the family, they are certainly a divided family which seems a shame given the King is so ill and probably in his final stage of life. I am surprised that the RF would allow statements about such private things to be made public, that certainly shows IMO they, or whoever is in charge in the RF, is happy for this to be played out in public, obviously to make Nicholas look bad.

But why is prevented from seeing King Nicholas?

King Nicolas???Heaven forbid...I'm sure you mean to say King Mihail.

But that probably is because King Mihail ordered such.

There certainly seems to be quite a few odd things going on in the family, they are certainly a divided family which seems a shame given the King is so ill and probably in his final stage of life. I am surprised that the RF would allow statements about such private things to be made public, that certainly shows IMO they, or whoever is in charge in the RF, is happy for this to be played out in public, obviously to make Nicholas look bad.

It seems that Nicolai is the one who is talking publicly. I don't suppose they can stop him. but it does seem very sad when the poor old King is dying that there is this fuss going on. If Nic's fault is that he may have fathered a child, it is harldy SO bad, that he should be treated as not being allowed to see his grandfather.. unless it would upset the King very much to see him. I can't help feeling there must be more to it than simply a possible child out of wedlock.

Radu Enache, the lawyer of Nicholas Medforth-Mills, says that There have been no criminal charges for marked bruising or other violence. The staff and nurses at the residence did not file such complaints. Only the complaint of home violation, submitted by the Royal House and signed by Princess Margareta, remained valid.
Nicolae Medforth-Mills, nepotul Regelui Mihai, scapă de acuzaţia de violenţă, dar rămâne cu cea de violare de domiciliu. Audieri în Elveţia, după incidentul de la reşedinţa fostului monarh - Mediafax
Translation

Trying to get information from the translated articles.
Radu Enache says obviously, if I understood correctly, that Nicholas has said that he has never received a letter with an original signature of king Michael about the withdrawal of his prince title. It obviously means that he has got a letter which is a copy, and there isn't an original signature of king Michael to be seen.
The lawyer said also that the former prince Nicolae intends to say in December who is behind his exclusion from the succession line.
EXCLUSIV. Avocat_ Dubii că decizia de retragere a titlului pentru fostul prinț Nicolae a fost semnată de Regele Mihai
Translation

Nicholas at his Facebook:
"The only complaint was that the Royal House had filed a complaint for a home violation. The other involved people who did not file any criminal charges against him, and in fact the Royal House could not file a criminal complaint on behalf of the nurses because only injured person can make such a complaint", said Radu Enache, lawyer."
https://www.facebook.com/PrincipeleNicolaealRomaniei/timeline?ref=page_internal

Last edited:
Just how hard is it to be royalty?

The basics:

* Don't commit crimes
* Don't behave immorally
* Stay out of partisan politics

Not hard to do! If these people can't follow those basic rules, they don't deserve royal status.

Just how hard is it to be royalty?

The basics:

* Don't commit crimes
* Don't behave immorally
* Stay out of partisan politics

Not hard to do! If these people can't follow those basic rules, they don't deserve royal status.

Is it an irony?
Among kings there were so many that commited crimes and behaved immorally.

Journalist Roxana Iordache, who was close to the Romanian royal family in the 1990s and an advisor to King Michael, has come out with some interesting statements about Princess Helen of Romania.

She alleges that Princess Helen sued her son when he was a minor for the inheritance his father, Dr Robin Medforth-Mills, had left to Nicholas after the couple divorced in 1991. Iordache wrote, "she wanted all the money, not to take care of her son. Nicholas was just a scared child when his parents divorced and he was sent off to boarding schools."

Further, Iordache states that King Michael wanted his grandson to grow up in Romania, but that Helen would not give her consent for this to happen.

ACUZAȚII DEVASTATOARE pentru Principesa Elena. Informații DIN INTERIOR. Cât de MESCHINĂ a fost mama sa cu Principele Nicolae

I don't know much about the family but they seem really rather dysfunctional and not at all sentimental with each other.

Journalist Roxana Iordache, who was close to the Romanian royal family in the 1990s and an advisor to King Michael, has come out with some interesting statements about Princess Helen of Romania.

She alleges that Princess Helen sued her son when he was a minor for the inheritance his father, Dr Robin Medforth-Mills, had left to Nicholas after the couple divorced in 1991. Iordache wrote, "she wanted all the money, not to take care of her son. Nicholas was just a scared child when his parents divorced and he was sent off to boarding schools."

Further, Iordache states that King Michael wanted his grandson to grow up in Romania, but that Helen would not give her consent for this to happen.

ACUZAȚII DEVASTATOARE pentru Principesa Elena. Informații DIN INTERIOR. Cât de MESCHINĂ a fost mama sa cu Principele Nicolae
Poor boy ! Thank you for translating.... I really wish in this case I could understand Romanian language !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom