Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He should have given the possibility to speak with his grandfather before that controversial decision.

We don't know what's behind the decision, and in the paraphrased words of Empress Farah: we should look to the future. The past is history long time ago.

The way the Family behaved with the person presented at its heir for years it's very symbolical. People should know how the grandson of the King was treated by the Family and a real explanation to this kind of behaviour should be given.

The way the Family behaved with the person presented at its heir for years it's very symbolical. People should know how the grandson of the King was treated by the Family and a real explanation to this kind of behaviour should be given.

There is nothing the Royal Family would do beside step aside that would please those who oppose them, so the criticism is rather monotonous and unfair.

When the Royal Family had different difficult monents in the past everything was transparent. What happened last august was not.

Personally I'm one of those who hope that, sooner or later, what really happened in July and August 2015 will be clearly explained.
Maybe it would cause some harm to some members of the Royal Family (to King Michael, if it turns out that he has autonomously decided to strip Nicholas of his titles and succession rights without any actual reason; to Nicholas, if it emerges that after all he has done something serious and wrong; to others who may have persuaded the old King to take his decision, if it emerges that there was no real reason behind it), but I think it's better to put things in clear rather then keeping this shadow on the whole Royal Family going on and on.

It would be interesting to know how frail was the health of the King last year in july-august,who insisted for the decision and which was the pretext. Certainly the lack of transparency does not bring credibility to the Family.

The details behind the exclusion of Nicholas from the family should not be a topic that is necessarily of upmost importance for supporters of the continuity of the Royal House; one has a rather clear idea of why that took place, and one would rather not have it aired in the press.

The inclusion of Nicholas back into his role as the future of the dynasty is what should be the first priority.

And who would do that?Those that agreed with what happened last year in july?

The details behind the exclusion of Nicholas from the family should not be a topic that is necessarily of upmost importance for supporters of the continuity of the Royal House; one has a rather clear idea of why that took place, and one would rather not have it aired in the press.

The inclusion of Nicholas back into his role as the future of the dynasty is what should be the first priority.

It would be a threat to those advocating a different route if he was included into the dynasty, as that would clearly cement succession after the C.P Margareta. To antagonize them the most, I hope whatever issues were, are resolved privately and expediently, so the Royal Family can move on united.

Obviously without him the King's Family has no younger generation to present as continuity in Romania.

Those that hope Mr Nicholas Medforth Mills will be called back by his Family to represent the Family in the future will probably be quite dissapointed because there is ni sign the Family desires to do so.

Those that hope Mr Nicholas Medforth Mills will be called back by his Family to represent the Family in the future will probably be quite dissapointed because there is ni sign the Family desires to do so.

Sometimes you confuse me. You are advocating the Hohenzollern Princes, the heirs according the constitutional succession but now you make a plea for Nicholas Medforth-Mills?

Yes, you can hope that Nicholas will come back in grace and favour. You can also hope that the proper order of things will be restored: the regulations according the same Constitution on which King Michael has based his whole kingship upon.

Sometimes you confuse me. You are advocating the Hohenzollern Princes, the heirs according the constitutional succession but now you make a plea for Nicholas Medforth-Mills?

Yes, you can hope that Nicholas will come back in grace and favour. You can also hope that the proper order of things will be restored: the regulations according the same Constitution on which King Michael has based his whole kingship upon.

I have no doubts about the right of the House of Hohenzollern to succeed to the Throne but I know a lot of people still have sympathy towards Mr Medforth Mills. That'a fact.

Do you mean Romanian citizenship?

Has he ever had a Romanian passport by the way? Did he give up his Swiss (?) or UK (?) passport, since Romania does not allow dual citizenship?

Has he ever had a Romanian passport by the way? Did he give up his Swiss (?) or UK (?) passport, since Romania does not allow dual citizenship?

Romania allows double citizenship and even the King has double colitizenship.

Has the republican Government given citizenship to the Swiss-born UK-citizen? There was never any communication around it.

King Michael of course was a Romanian national when he went into exile. That is different from Nicholas.

Last edited:
I do not know if Mr Medforth Mills has ever received the Romanian citizenship.

1399 the most important thread on this Forum and thanks to Duc, you managed well !

Has the republican Government given citizenship to the Swiss-born UK-citizen? There was never any communication around it.

King Michael of course was a Romanian national when he went into exile. That is different from Nicholas.

I am quite sure I have seen somewhere that he became a Romanian citizen in 2012, but it seems difficult to find a proper source for it.

On a slightly separate note, it seems from certain sources as if the decision of the King to remove Nicholas from the line of succession and withdraw his title, was indeed his own call, based on what he saw as a failure to understand and accept certain regal principles, such as dignity in public (the King allegedly disliked Nicholas being photographed and participating in sporting activities, such as cycling, ungroomed and folksy) and his wish to move out of Elisabeta Palace, and into an apartment, to be able to lead a more practical existence.

It would in many ways explain the statement made by the Royal House, about certain principles etc., and that there was no point looking for another reason, as there was none. It would also add to my view, that the King made an arbitrary decision based on outdated values, but that there most likely was a disconnect between grandfather and grandson about how royalty should present themselves and live.

If, and that's a big if, this is indeed the reasoning behind the removal of Nicholas from the Royal House, I am quite sure that it will be reversed after the passing of the King, and that the role of Nicholas in Romanian society is not over. Time is on his side on these matters, and it seems to me that the decision of the King will be understood one way, and the reversal of it accepted, as Nicholas frankly managed to get more respect and acceptance from many Romanians in his few years of service than most other members have in decades.

Princess Margareta and Mr Radu Duda were part of the council that agreed (or even decided?) everything last year. That's why Mr Medforth Mills does not seem to have any dialogue with this couple at the moment.

Thanks LadyFinn!!! Handsome as always!!

Isn't she Princess Thérèse d'Orléans, daughter of the Duke and Duchess d'Angoulême? Thérèse is a cousin to little Prince Joseph. Her parents Prince Eudes and Princess Marie-Liesse are uncle and aunt to the infant prince.

I am glad to see his first Pictures among Royals at a Royal and Family Event.
Well done Duke Jean de Vendome

Isn't she Princess Thérèse d'Orléans, daughter of the Duke and Duchess d'Angoulême? Thérèse is a cousin to little Prince Joseph. Her parents Prince Eudes and Princess Marie-Liesse are uncle and aunt to the infant prince.

She looks far older than princess Thérèse.

It is not Thérèse d'Orléans. Here is Thérèse with her family at the christening.
"Prince Eudes of Orleans, Duke of Angouleme and his wife Princess Marie-Liesse of Orleans, Duchess of Angouleme with their children Prince Pierre and Princess Therese".
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom