Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-24-2020, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Yes, the baby is expected in November.

https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot....9rz0KWVmFHyopA
Not long to go and I hopefully the birth of a new baby will reunite the squabbling Romanian RF.

Old 10-24-2020, 01:09 PM
Aristocracy

TO Duc et Pair, Thank you for the information about King Mihai of Romania. I am stunned.

Old 10-24-2020, 03:36 PM
Gentry

I believe from what I have read on these forums , that Princess Irina was removed from membership of the royal house because of her conviction in running an illegal cock fighting ring in America, and that his grandson was removed because he fathered ,and then denied fathering a child out of wedlock . I would say that I personally wish some "leeway" had been shown to Nicholas not only because of his relative youth at the time because he has been the only one of the younger generation to have shown any demonstrable interest in Romania . I cannot see that the deprivation of their "place in the royal house " has impacted in any way on the lives of any other of King Miha's descendant's as they have never played any part in ,or benefited in any way from it . I can of course only speak from the perspective of a non Romanian so I apologise in advance if I have missed any perspective . I have still not been able to fathom how a person can be deprived of a title that has belonged to them from the moment of their birth ,but then as recent event's in Belgium have shown times are changing .
Old 10-25-2020, 02:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

The layout of Nicolae's website has been updated.
Nicolae al Romaniei

A photo of Nicolae at his visit to Gorj a couple of weeks ago
https://universulolteniei.ro/wp-cont...69819643_n.jpg

The city hall of Mănăstireni commune announces that Prince Nicolae visited the locality to promote it within a project to promote the Romanian villages.
FOTO_ Principele Nicolae al României, plimbat cu căruța în comuna Mănăstireni - Cluj24.ro

Asociației Principele Nicolae/Prince Nicolae Association starts a new project.
Nicolae's message, with english subtitles.

Centenarul Regelui/The King's Centennial is a special project of Asociației Principele Nicolae/Prince Nicolae Association, dedicated to the celebration of a century since the birth of His Majesty King Mihai I of Romania.

Nicolae's messages are impressive.

Asociatia Principele Nicolae/The Prince Nicolae Association has now a website.
Asociația Principele Nicolae

Nicolae is the President of the Association, Alina-Maria is the Vice-President and Fabian Radu is a secretary.
About Us – Asociația Principele Nicolae

At the website is links to people's stories about The King's Centennial.
Centenarul Regelui – Asociația Principele Nicolae

One of them is Marilena Rotaru, President of Mișcarea pentru Regat și Coroană (The Movement for the Kingdom and the Crown).
Old 10-25-2020, 02:53 PM
Aristocracy

For Nicholas to be removed and stripped of the Title Prince of Romania, because he has a child out of wedlock and an illegal cockfight and serving time for it ,is a big difference in my book. I still feel there is more to the story. We only know what someone else want us to know. Well so be it. The Romanian Royal Family is running out of heirs,who really want the best for the Country and the people.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:34 PM
Gentry

That is exactly what i said . King Miha obviously felt that he could bestow or remove the rank of HRH on his own wim . Nicolas's sister has never been given that rank although she is equal in birth to Nicholas . note that Irina has now been restored to HRH on the official royal website . Perhaps after the awaited birth Nicholas can re-take the place his grandfather originally intended for him . I hope so as he seem's truly committed to Romania and its people .
Old 10-25-2020, 03:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabaunty View Post
That is exactly what i said . King Miha obviously felt that he could bestow or remove the rank of HRH on his own wim . Nicolas's sister has never been given that rank although she is equal in birth to Nicholas . note that Irina has now been restored to HRH on the official royal website . Perhaps after the awaited birth Nicholas can re-take the place his grandfather originally intended for him . I hope so as he seem's truly committed to Romania and its people .
It was a defunct royal house and he was the Head of it. There are no laws governing it unlike in the Belgian case. He had previously declared himself and his heirs separate from the Hohenzollerns and adopted a different surname. He can bestow what he likes. The Romanian parliament wouldn't have been involved despite them acknowledging the King/Custodian in a quasi formal manner. The King of Spain removed Duchess of Palma from his sister even though she denied wrong doing.

Declaring complete independence from the Hohenzollern family was a wise move as they need to show they are for and from Romania since they did/do have an actual shot at a restoration or at least continuing as they are quasi officially within a republic.

I thought his sister did have titles, just that she has never used them or was involved in anything to do with Romania, preferring her life to be entirely private as Karina Medforth-Mills. No one knows much about her at all.

There were also rumours of Nicolae having ties or contact with the Romanian mob which is why the King reacted so strongly, though how true this is is unknown.

We don't know exactly how Nicolae behaved even if it was "just" about his daughter. It also seems that he became more "visible" as a "Prince" after it was stripped from him.

I do agree that any future for the family rests on Nicolae and his new son or daughter. So if his aunt or his mother don't restore him then either what role they have now dies or he "usurps" his sister with her permission but maybe not with the same nod they get from the government now.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Former King Michael was a man without scrupules. He not only took away the membership of the Royal House and the royal titles from his daughter Irina. In one go her - total innocent- children, his grandchildren, were eliminated as successors to the throne.

Earlier he desavoued his daughter Princess Sofia and her daughter, his granddaughter Élisabeth, from the royal family, later to take them back in grace and favour in the Royal House, after she had divorced from Alain Biarneix.

Out of nothing former King Michael created his Swiss-born British grandson a Prince of Romania to be included in his proposed line of succession. And out of nothing he removed him again. You don't think he was that cruel? See Irina de Roumanie, see Michael de Roumanie Kreuger, see Angelica de Roumanie Kreuger, see Sofia de Roumanie, see Élisabeth de Roumanie Biarneix and see Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth-Mills....

Former King Michael also denied his natural half-brother Carol his rights. In October 1995 a Romanian court ruled that Carol was the legitimate son of King Carol II. His half-brother, Former King Michael, appealed this ruling, but lost the case in an upper court of appeal in 1999. In March 2002, the Supreme Court of Romania ruled that there should be a retrial, and in July 2002 a lower court ruled again in Carol's favour. Michael again appealed, and in January 2003 he again lost the appeal. Michael again appealed in December 2003 thriving his own half-brother totally mad with a battery of lawyers. To prevent him getting his rightful inheritance in Romania (earlier Carol was successful in claiming his share of former Romanian royal properties in France and Portugal).

So where your fairytale assessment of former King Michael comes from is a mystery, as his actions seems to point to a rigid, uncompromising and unscrupulous character.
Well, you might be right, but he always was much appreciated and even loved by many other royal families (the british, greek, spanish royal couples were totally fond of him, the former GDukes of Luxembourg, too, the Prince of Wales also spoke with so much affection and even admiration about the late romanian King, to name only a few) - so I wonder if he had a two-faced character or are all these people poor in judgement?!
His daughters were all visibly and authentically devestated when he died. Nicolae always, until today, speaks with so much love and admiration about his grandfather. It is hard to believe all these people are completely wrong...

That he had great difficulties in accepting his half brother is only natural after he witnessed the unbearable suffering his father caused to Mihais adored mother, Queen Helen! As a boy, after years of seperation, he was forced to live with King Carol alone after his mother has been driven out of the country which must have been traumatic for a relatively small boy, and the quote "I didn´t know the man" as he, many years later, once put it, is well known. I don´t know how many nights he must have wept in his bed, missing his beloved mum... Things like that leave their marks on a person´s soul!

My guess is that Mihai was a strict, but fair person with very firm morale principles, shaped by many dramatic experiences, especially in his childhood and youth!
Old 10-26-2020, 04:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Mișcarea pentru Regat și Coroană (The Movement for the Kingdom and the Crown) tells at its Facebook, that Mișcarea pentru Regat și Coroană supports the project Centenarul Regelui of Asociația Principele Nicolae, dedicated to the celebration of a century since the birth of His Majesty King Mihai I of Romania. They gladly join Prince Nicolae's initiative to keep alive the memory of his grandfather, King Mihai, a sovereign who placed himself permanently in the service of others. 2021 - The Year of King Mihai!
Mișcarea Pentru Regat Și Coroană - Etusivu _ Facebook
Old Yesterday, 06:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Alina Binder and her husband, former Prince Nicolae, radiate happiness. The two will become parents next month.
Nicolae did not forget to pay tribute to his grandfather, King Mihai, who on October 25 would have turned 99 years. The former prince announced that he had dedicated a special project to him, entitled the King's Centennial.
Fans immediately congratulated him and told him that King Mihai would be proud of him.
Fostul principe Nicolae, noi declarații despre bebeluș_ „Nopțile nedormite...” _ Vedete _ Libertatea pentru femei.
Old Yesterday, 07:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

We can discuss lengths about former King Michael or about Princess Margareta. But the highway to a return into the royal family goes via Nicholas' mother Princess Elena.

As long as Nicholas remains on non-speaking-terms with his mother, the heiress, a return is far away. Let us hope that the first child of Nicholas / grandchild of Princess Elena will bring mother and son together again.