King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 2: June 2004 - April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hate to think this advisor is playing a double-game here, of helping the monarch, when in actual fact she is supporting the republican side. From the looks of Brunei-gate, perfume-gate (speeding-gate?), she is showing her grey (republican) side.

Well, I don't know this adviser - actually I only heard of her yesterday ;)

But she really can't sit on the lap of the king and act like a ventriloquist, when he is interviewed on his Brunei-trip. She can't be in the car, whenever he decided to take a little ride.

My point is, that a good monarch would have some reasonable judgement himself...

that a good monarch would have some reasonable judgement himself.
One would hope that .... perhaps up to then, they were of a like mind.

And now (beginning with Brunei-gate) ?????????????

Yesterday The King & Queen were spotted in Verone in Italy by rojalist Glenn at the Scadinavian Royals MB - in a shop! :p

Article in Svensk Damtidning about their Riviera vacation this week.

I didn't translate it, cause it doesn't say much really. Just going on about the same old stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by GrandDuchess@Jul 7th, 2004 - 10:03 pm

I didn't translate it, cause it doesn't say much really. Just going on about the same old stuff.
Thanks for posting this...as you´ve the bigger version, I´ve to ask you something...can you figure out, if there are magazines between the lying Royal couple, and if, which magazines (titles)?
I ask this because Johanna and me have discussed something on Ritva´s board. Namely the german tabloid NEUE POST had a picture of their summer holidays this year...and there between the Royal couple lay an recent edition of NEUE POST...and so we´ve wondered, if this was an superimposed picture, or if the Queen really read NEUE POST (btw. on the cover was her daughter Victoria)

On the picture, there are several newspapers and gossip magazines (at least it looks like it), but I can't see the titles of them. I really tried, but it's impossible. So unless there was a different picture in the Neue Post, I would say that their magazine appearing on the picture is a fake.

Originally posted by GrandDuchess@Jul 8th, 2004 - 12:36 pm
On the picture, there are several newspapers and gossip magazines (at least it looks like it), but I can't see the titles of them. I really tried, but it's impossible. So unless there was a different picture in the Neue Post, I would say that their magazine appearing on the picture is a fake.
Ok, thank you...well, there a different picture was. I´m sure Ritva will upload the article soon, then you can have a look (it really looks real). But it´s interesting that they read tabloids as well...I wonder if they (Silvia) only read the parts about them (other Royals) or also the celebrity or the "Service"& fun-part (how to stay healthy, how to make this or that cake...crossword puzzles...)

Thank you for the nice picture-tribute, GrandDuchess.

Since I live in Vienna I went today to the "Stephansdom" (Stephan´s cathedral). To say "goodbye" to the federal president and to catch maybe a glimpse of the guests. Shortly before 9 am the coffin was driven to the cathedral and the wife of the late president waited there in front of the cathedral...she seemed so sad, pale and "broken" :cry:
Then I wanted to go to the side entrances to wait for the arrival of the official guests...but the safety arrangements were enormously and the policemen (3 or 4 times more policemen than official guests) were quite strict and unfriendly...so I couldn´t see much...and no Royals (I guess they were guided to the second side entrance...and there you could even see less...more barriers)...I´ve only spotted gouverneur Arnold Schwarzenegger :(
And then I´ve decided to go home (I don´t live far away) and now I´m watching the ceremony on TV.

BTW right now I´ve spotted Queen Silvia (I´ve thought the king would come alone...at least the newspapers didn´t mention her) ...she´s sitting next to our chancellor.
Grrr, now I´m even more disappointed that I haven´t seen them.

It must be really hard for his wife Margot, it was only two days before he was to leave office, and this happens... I'm sure they had planned a wonderful life together after his retirement, having time together and doing things they like. And they had only been married since 1998, so they only had five and a half years as a married couple. I really feel for her, it's sad... :cry:

Originally posted by GrandDuchess@Jul 10th, 2004 - 11:23 am
It must be really hard for his wife Margot, it was only two days before he was to leave office, and this happens... I'm sure they had planned a wonderful life together after his retirement, having time together and doing things they like. And they had only been married since 1998, so they only had five and a half years as a married couple. I really feel for her, it's sad... :cry:
Oh yes, that´s what I´ve thought...there so many politicians are, who are just still together with their wives to avoid a scandal...but the federal president was at least honest, got divorced and married later his new love...so they surely were in love, when he passed away. :cry:
But that´s OT...I just want to add that the president did a great work for Austria, and was an real ambassador in foreign countries...and the many international guests are an evidence for that.

I was looking at the pictures of the funerial and I was wondering why the King and Queen of Sweden were in such a prominent spot. Was there a special relationship there?

Oops I meant funeral.. I do know how to spell

Tomorrow the king and the queen will hand out the prize "Årets Ölänning" at Solliden. The cermony starts at 15.00.
So that means a break from the summer break for the royals.
and a chance to see some new pictures of them for us :p

Originally posted by ennyllorac@Jul 10th, 2004 - 7:41 pm
I was looking at the pictures of the funerial and I was wondering why the King and Queen of Sweden were in such a prominent spot. Was there a special relationship there?
It has to do with protocol: King Carl XVI Gustaf is one of Europe's longest reigning current monarchs - this means that he has precedence in the seating at official events. You could also see this in the seatings of the recent European weddings.

It has to do with protocol: King Carl XVI Gustaf is one of Europe's longest reigning current monarchs - this means that he has precedence in the seating at official events. You could also see this in the seatings of the recent European weddings.
Thank you for your response!

GrandDuchess  Posted: Jul 11th, 2004 - 5:11 pm

It has to do with protocol: King Carl XVI Gustaf is one of Europe's longest reigning current monarchs - this means that he has precedence in the seating at official events.
One of those occasions where seniority is detestful.

Thanks for all of the photos. Silvia did indeed look quite elegantly somber in her outfit.

The King & Queen awarded the prize "Årets Ölänning" today at Solliden:

Pressclip 1:

Josef Weichl prisad ölänning

– Välkommen till vår klubb, sa kungen och gratulerade Årets ölänning Josef Weichl.

Köksmästaren på Halltorps gästgiveri är den 25:e i ordningen som får ta emot priset. Josef Weichl sa själv att det var underbart att få pris samtidigt som det förpliktigar.
– Vi kommer fortsätta att göra det yttersta för våra gäster och satsa på framtidens kockar. Kanske står en av dem här en vacker dag och blir Årets ölänning, säger han.

Small film sequence of The King & Queen

Pressclip 2:

Kungen delade ut pris till Årets Ölänning i dag.

Kung Carl Gustaf har med åren lärt sig att gilla den öländska nationalrätten kroppkakor. Det avslöjade han i den traditionella sommarintervju som han höll efter att han delat ut priset till årets ölänning Det priset som ju i år togs emot av Halltorps välkände kock Josef Weichl.

-Min mor drottning Sibylla, gillade inte kroppkakor, men jag äter de gärna och även familjen i övrigt gillar kroppkakor, sa Kungen till P4 Kalmar.

Thanks for the info and the video, GrandDuchess.

Hm, it looks as if the king would want to get back to his canvas chair (even though it doesn´t seem to be the best weather on Öland...it could even be, that it will be a rainy Victoria-day...would be the first since..well since a very long time ;) ), because he´s looking at his watch at the end of the video ;)

What is "kroppkakor" (=body-cake...sound like a sexual practice ;) )...Well, I´ve gotten, that it´s something to eat, but what is it exactly??

Many thanks for the info about "Arets Ölänning".
Have you see pictures from this term. Thanks for help ;)

http://www.barometern.se/bild_arkiv/59/00000231859.jpgAnd now I even know, what this kroppkakor is...something out of potatoes, salted smoked pork, yolks, onions and pepper. I know something similar here in my country, but then the potatoes are replaced with flour...anyway this isn´t something which I would prefer :sick: (but for ppl, who like smoked pork it´s surely delicious)

Who can help me. I search pictures from Queen and King from following events:
09.09.03 Rott-Center, Frösön/Östersund
21.10.03 "Agrens Stora Pris", Göteborg
28.01.04 Gala Kungliga Akademie, Stockholm
19.03.04 "Children Symposium, Stockholm
14.04.04 Gala "Al Coldinu Ordens", Stockholm
24.05.04 17th Nord.Congress Gerontologi, Stockholm
If it is possible please give me links or address of websites, where I can see the pictures. Many thanks for your great helps. :rolleyes:

Article from Expressen today:

The article tells that The King and Prince Carl Philip has bought a new boat (remember that Prince Carl Philip got a boat from his father just recently, an English Fairline bought for 6 million SEK, now worth 4 million SEK) for 4 million SEK. The boat is a Storebro 410 Commander. The boat is among things thought to be used for times when they want to go on long trips with a boat, this new boat will then be used as a follower boat by the security guards.

The boat - a Storebro 410 Commander
Interiour of the boat model

Thanks for keeping me up to date on their yachts :). And nice of you to provide pictures and alluding to a link.

GrandDuchess  Posted: Jul 17th, 2004 - 7:48 am

at Nimbus
In english, "Nimbus" is an acronym that begins as "Not in my backyard"

Originally posted by King Christian@Jul 17th, 2004 - 1:25 pm

In english, "Nimbus" is an acronym that begins as "Not in my backyard"
That's odd. We were always taught that it was NIMBY.

http://www.regeringen.se

the king and queen will make state visit to iceland september 7 - 9 togather vith the crown princess

Kung Carl XVI Gustaf och Drottning Silvia avlägger statsbesök i Island den 7-9 september 2004 på inbjudan av president Òlafur Ragnar Grímsson. Kungaparet åtföljs av Kronprinsessan Victoria.

Utrikesminister Laila Freivalds representerar den svenska regeringen.

Programmet kommer att omfatta besök i Reykjavik, Tingvalla, Akureyri och andra delar av nordlandet.

Hallo Friends,
did you see pictures from Kungarally pa Öland last year (2003). I did not read on the Royal house kalender did it was. Who has pictures from this event? Thanks for your help.

The swedish King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attented the Oldtimer-rally at Oeland in Sweden.
transpx.gif
transpx.gif
transpx.gif

www.colourpress.com

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 194
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 232
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 236
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 197
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 211
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 182
Today The King and Queen visited the municipality of Sollentuna!

From SVT:

Kungabesök i Sollentuna

Kung Carl Gustaf och Drottning Silvia besökte olika skolor, industrier och byggarbetsplatser i Sollentuna. Kungaparet började sin rundvandring i Silverdal där man bygger 100 småhus och ett stort kontorskomplex. Efter en båttur på Edsviken var det Rudbecksskolan som stod på tur. Innan lunchen på Edsbacka krog hann kungen och drottningen med att se vägtunneln under Tunberget också. Eftermiddagen besökte kungaparet bl.a. Edsbergs slott, Gröndals specialförskola för hörselskadade och döva barn och Hersby hembygdsgård.

If you go to this this website, you can see a little story from the local news. Click on "Vardag 22:15" on the above left side menu and a media player, then you can fast forward the broadcast to a little bit before half of it is over, that's where the report on the visit is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom