HSH Prince Albert Current Events 8 : June 2005 - July 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lashinka2002 said:
I find your statement rather presumptuous no matter who you say it to.
lashinka2002 said:
A paternity suit is a lawsuit filed to determine the father of a child born with questionable parentage. Once paternity is determined then support is discussed.
In some cases yes the money is an issue but in other cases it is not!
Just because someone files a paternity suit doesn't mean that they want money it may mean that they want their child to know their father and have a healthy emotional relationship with them. I think that Nicole very much wants this for her son. If it was all about the money she would have not waited 5 yrs to get pregnant she would had children right away & subsequently filed for paternity. :rolleyes:

lashinka2002, in this case i think money is a big part of it for her.

I agree with you on a few things but certainly not on others. but I do not know either.

To me, it seem like this woman has a emotional strong attachment to Albert. I believe her wanting so much for the boy to have a 'strong relationship' is, in my opinion, also for a way for her to be in Albert's face and in his world.

And yes, it is just one side of the story out there. he has said nothing at all.

And anyway, there are millions of children out there who would do well to have just one parent who can love them and care for them.

This boy would not be the first; if this is Albert's son, why can't the boy make a relationship on his own if that's what he wants later? why do she have to try so hard to force the issue? :confused:

Last edited:
Trust me, it is NOT always about money. Whether or not it is with Nicole, we have no way of really knowing. But believe me, there are lots of us who have the means to raise a child very well without needing or wanting anyone else's money (and I'm not a billionaire or anything - I'm just comfortable and NOT OVERLY MATERIALISTIC). I think it's silly to make a blanket statement about anything being "always" anything unless it's scientifically proven. Everyone is not alike and everyone doesn't think alike. Just because I think a certain way about whatever, I know that there are lots of others who value other things more and do not think the same way. For example, a few of my friends who are quite materialistic (admittedly so) would definitely say it would always be about money (and to them it WOULD be). :)

Lillia said:
lashinka2002, in this case i think money is a big part of it for her.

I agree with you on a few things but certainly not on others. but I do not know either.

To me, it seem like this woman has a emotional strong attachment to Albert. I believe her wanting so much for the boy to have a 'strong relationship' is, in my opinion, also for a way for her to be in Albert's face and in his world.

And yes, it is just one side of the story out there. he has said nothing at all.

And anyway, there are millions of children out there who would do well to have just one parent who can love them and care for them.

This boy would not be the first; if this is Albert's son, why can't the boy make a relationship on his own if that's what he wants later? why do she have to try so hard to force the issue? :confused:

I'm not sure I'm understanding here....
Millions of children may do ok without one parent, depending on the circumstances - but then unless your in that situation how would you really know? :eek:

I don't know what kind of attachment Nicole has towards Albert or vice versa but is Nicole to accept only financial support from Albert and maybe somewhat of an emotionaly supportive relationship for the boy if any? I think not! :(

Why would the boy make a relationship with Albert later in life if he is not acknowledged now (privately or publicly). That's very hurtful & insulting.
Not an easy thing to get over especially when its the father's resonsibiltiy to nurture & develop that relationship from birth not the son's.

room for change

can we change the subject because we dont have albert's side of the story. infact we still have several days to wait for him & his crew to make a statement, thats even if a statement will made in regards to this matter.
so until then, lets talk about what he does during the day or who he has been seen with u know things like this.:)

lashinka2002 said:
Why would the boy make a relationship with Albert later in life if he is not acknowledged now (privately or publicly). That's very hurtful & insulting.
Not an easy thing to get over especially when its the father's resonsibiltiy to nurture & develop that relationship from birth not the son's.

I somewhat disagree with the first part. Being acknowledged by Albert as his son won't be all glitz and glamour for Alexandre. The tremendous media attention and constant security threat would virtually kill any chance for Alexandre to grow up in an at least semi-normal life. If you look at the other illegitimate children of royals such as the children of Prince Behrnard of the Netherlands and King Albert of Belgium, they had at least been able to grow up without the constant public spotlight. They were recognized by their fathers when they were adults and for awhile, they lost their privacy which people often take for granted.

And about the nurturing part, the impression that Nicole gave the press was that Albert was a good father. He saw Alexandre as often as he could, he was financially responsible to Alexandre, and even allowed Nicole to live in his Paris apartment. Is that a sign of a neglectful father? A non-nurturing father? I think he did the best he could under the circumstances. People have to remember that Albert's life is not his own. He has been groomed since birth to be responsible for Monaco and its citizens. He can't always be there, but it looks like he tries his best.

I'll be tuning in for Albert's emergence from mourning to hear his side of the story.

Some people just can't seem to stop voicing their opinions (either outright or by innuendo) that Nicole is just a gold-digger and devious. I have no idea if she is or not, I just think these statements should be countered with the fact that we do not know anything about her and her reasons for doing what she did. I AM NOT DOING THIS TO TAKE UP FOR NICOLE or to start arguments, I am just trying to be open-minded and reasonable. I realize I'm beating a dead horse, but it's to counter the other dead horse that keeps getting beaten. :)
It's way too late now for Alexandre to have a "normal" life, so that is a moot point anyway. If he is indeed Albert's son, how Albert handles it from here on out will show what kind of father he really is. How Alexandre turns out will show what kind of mother Nicole really is. That would be very stressful for Nicole, but she was the one who brought it to the public's attention, so hopefully she is prepared to deal with the negative parts now.

who went to Albert's enthronement ceremony? I cant recall seeing any pics as well

lashinka2002 said:
I'm not sure I'm understanding here....
lashinka2002 said:
Millions of children may do ok without one parent, depending on the circumstances - but then unless your in that situation how would you really know? :eek:

I don't know what kind of attachment Nicole has towards Albert or vice versa but is Nicole to accept only financial support from Albert and maybe somewhat of an emotionaly supportive relationship for the boy if any? I think not! :(

Actually, she have to accept whatever he will allow her to have of himself ultimately, now won't she? :cool: My opinion is based on what she claims in her own interview in the Paris Match, etc. ;)

I suspect we should all know by know that one cannot demand someone else have a relationship with them -- no matter what the motive or no matter how 'well-intended'. But then again, maybe there are some people who can just scream and shout in an attempt to get the attention that they want and force themselves upon others because they feel entitled to do so. But of course, I do not know that either. :cool:

And anyway, if Albert ever marries someone (not her), then she will CERTAINLY have to accept that his time and energies will be spent with his family -- not with her no matter how she would decide to carry on about it, in public or not.

So yes, while I do not know, and there is just one side of the story out there, it is my own opinion that she may just have to accept the idea that Albert may never give her the kind of commitments that she seems to want so desperately.

but if he does, it's his own business.:p

Last edited:
Lillia said:
Actually, she have to accept whatever he will allow her to have of himself ultimately, now won't she? :cool: My opinion is based on what she claims in her own interview in the Paris Match, etc. ;)

I suspect we should all know by know that one cannot demand someone else have a relationship with them -- no matter what the motive or no matter how 'well-intended'. But then again, maybe there are some people who can just scream and shout in an attempt to get the attention that they want and force themselves upon others because they feel entitled to do so. But of course, I do not know that either. :cool:

So yes, while I do not know, and there is just one side of the story out there, it is my own opinion that she may just have to accept the idea that Albert may never give her the kind of commitments that she seems to want so desperately.

but if he does, it's his own business.:p

I think were talking about 2 slightly different things.
I'm speaking more about Alberts love & time with Alexandre & how Nicole will handle that & I think your discussing more Nicoles feelings towards Albert.

[QUOTE Lilla] And anyway, if Albert ever marries someone (not her), then she will CERTAINLY have to accept that his time and energies will be spent with his family -- not with her no matter how she would decide to carry on about it, in public or not. [QUOTE Lilla]

I'm not really interested in Nicoles time with Albert but the time spent by Albert and Alexandre together. Time together should continue whether or not Albert gets married & has more children. A new wife shouldn't hinder that.:)

[QUOTE Lilla- previous post] To me, it seem like this woman has a emotional strong attachment to Albert. I believe her wanting so much for the boy to have a 'strong relationship' is, in my opinion, also for a way for her to be in Albert's face and in his world.[QUOTE Lilla -previous post]

This may be true but I think that no matter what they'll be in contact now for many years to come since they share a child. Time usually heals...

Nicole doesn't have to accept any type of legal offer that she may feel is unfair if she chooses not to! Visitation or access arrangements are usually a compromise between both parents. (or custody). To me this entire thread makes it sound as if Albert holds all of the cards and Nicole has no options. She is still the mother of this child and her concerns and wants for the child are very valid too. I think they are only what any mother wants for their children.

In my opinion I think its easy to say "accept it that he has no romantic interest in her & move on" but the action of actually doing that is probably much tougher. She should try to move on though if that's the case.
I also truly believe that if Nicole does not agree to what Albert offers for the child she does not have to accept it (and of course vice versa)! She may have to deal with it, just as he may have to deal with the things that she may do but acceptance is also a personal choice that comes from the heart. It can not be forced on anyone.

Hopefully the childs interests can be put first. :eek:

Last edited:
lashinka2002 said:
This may be true but I think that no matter what they'll be in contact now for many years to come since they share a child. Time usually heals...Hopefully the childs interests can be put first. :eek:

I still think we need to hold off assuming they share a child until Prince Albert declares that as a fact. Until then, everything is still speculation since no official statement has been made.

mw7060a said:
I still think we need to hold off assuming they share a child until Prince Albert declares that as a fact. Until then, everything is still speculation since no official statement has been made.

I am quite certain any material arrangement more she could get, if any, would be far more by any measure than anything that what she suppose came into the situation with -- so how she would even be able to evaluate what - by her "standards" - would be 'fair' or 'unfair'. Her own words that Albert has been very generous with everything and visits too until his father got very sick. All of those things are still just her claim anyway.

Again, I do not know, I just guessing. Who knows?:cool:

I believe the reality of this is that everything really is up to him, what leverage does she have to make him do anything? Good luck to her, but screeching to the media about her demands may not get her anything :confused: . HSH Albert II is a Sovereign Prince, not some bloke living down the road a piece.:)

It is still my opinion that she is using the boy to try to get to the man. but who knows, I do not know anything her intensions. And at times those interest of the mother can be hard to seperate from those of the child. I do not think I've ever even heard a time where someone would 'lawsuit' their way into someone elses' heart and force them to be into a family way -- whether they're doing it for a child sake or not.

I agree with mw7060a -- he has not come out saying anything and he may never do such a thing either. Only time will tell...:D

Last edited:
- he has not come out saying anything and he may never do such a thing either. Only time will tell...
and wouldn't that be hilarious if he made no comment on this situation. everyone is waiting for the mourning period to be over so we can hear a statement from albert's camp but what if he says nothing. imo, i think this situation would go away and nicole would be nothing more than a distant memory, in about 6 mos. but like u said only time will tell and we have some time to go before we'll have any answers to our questions

Lillia said:
I've never been there either. I hear the same on TV -- it's supposed to be a good time. Very exciting with alot to see and do!:p

when do they have this race?

Yes it usually happens like smdouglas said on the late half of May or also on the first week of June. It's 4 days and begins on Thursday and ends on Sunday with the big race.

Lillia said:
I believe the reality of this is that everything really is up to him, what leverage does she have to make him do anything? Good luck to her, but screeching to the media about her demands may not get her anything :confused: . HSH Albert II is a Sovereign Prince, not some bloke living down the road a piece.:)

As the mother of his child (if he's Alberts) she has a say in his upbringing, health & well being. That alone is enough "leverage" to have him condsider doing many things. :rolleyes:

I thought there was a thread on past Grand Prix's but I can't seem to locate it.

Hey, I've just heard on the Italian news program TG5, that on July 7th Albert is going to announce "urbi et orbi" that Alexandre is his son.
Lady Mac, have you got magic powers or good connections? ;)

Ciao belli!

Tosca said:
Hey, I've just heard on the Italian news program TG5, that on July 7th Albert is going to announce "urbi et orbi" that Alexandre is his son.
Lady Mac, have you got magic powers or good connections? ;)

Ciao belli!
I'm not sure what you are asking or why.

LadyMacAlpine said:
I'm not sure what you are asking or why.

I was referring to your premonition. In one of your older postings you stated that Albert was going to announce something important by July 12th. Do you recall?

Ciao, kisses.

Australian said:
smdouglas said:
I suggest you read the posts earlier in this thread. (Your question reminds me of the person who came into the theatre an hour after the movie has started and asking a stranger to sum up the movie.)

Ok its no big deal, dot worry about it smdouglas, didnt mean to put you out.

If you didnt want to tell me the answer, why give a response at all? strange

I was wondering the same thing....(if anything new had been said...I seem to have gotten confused by the thread, my apologizes...strange indeed.) I'm assuming that they are going to announce whether or not that is his child sometime in July? (That's going on the idea that they are...who knows nowadays!)

BeccaLynn07 said:
Australian said:
I was wondering the same thing....(if anything new had been said...I seem to have gotten confused by the thread, my apologizes...strange indeed.) I'm assuming that they are going to announce whether or not that is his child sometime in July? (That's going on the idea that they are...who knows nowadays!)

To my knowledge, the Palais hasn't said when an announcement will be made or what would be said. Almost everything on this subject has been media projections and interviews with Nicole.

By the way, I've privately apologized to Australia for my (admittedly) dry sense of humor. Australia's and your questions are good ones. The problem appears that one side of the discussion isn't saying much.

Paris Match has just been condamned for violation of private life Of Albert II. See below

Paris Match condamné pour les photos du fils présumé d'Albert de Monoca

[size=-1][size=-2]agrandir la photo[/size][size=-1][/size]MONACO (AFP) - Paris Match a été condamné mercredi par le tribunal de grande instance de Nanterre à la demande d'Albert II pour atteinte à la vie privée et au droit à l'image pour la publication de photos et d'un article sur 10 pages concernant un présumé "enfant secret".

Le jugement, dont l'AFP a obtenu une copie, signé par Francine Levon-Guerin, premier vice président du TGI de Nanterre, condamne la société Hachette Filipacchi à verser 50.000 euros à Albert Grimaldi au titre du préjudice moral, ainsi que 4.000 euros au titre des dépens.

En outre, le TGI de Nanterre ordonne la publication de cette condamnation "sur l'intégralité de la page de couverture du magazine" sous le titre "Condamnation judiciaire de Paris Match à la demande du Prince Albert II de Monaco" en "caractères rouges de 1,5 cm de hauteur", précise le jugement qui a ordonné une "exécution provisoire".[/size]

So, this suit was not about them allegedly printing untruths, but about breach of privacy? Interesting. If that is correct, it pretty much makes it appear that Nicole was telling the truth after all.

smdouglas said:
BeccaLynn07 said:
To my knowledge, the Palais hasn't said when an announcement will be made or what would be said. Almost everything on this subject has been media projections and interviews with Nicole.

By the way, I've privately apologized to Australia for my (admittedly) dry sense of humor. Australia's and your questions are good ones. The problem appears that one side of the discussion isn't saying much.

Thanks, and I'm very sorry for being so rude...:eek:

Wasn't a very large fine though. Couldn't possibly hurt the mag much financially! This (and the coming huge cover printing the outcome of the suit) will only bring MORE attention to the Albert & Nicole situation. And probably boost sales of Paris Match as well.
Actually, Paris Match AND Albert will probably all be laughing their way to the bank! A perfectly acceptable outcome for all concerned - a smart judge! :)

Last edited:
Tosca dear friend I was going by what was written in an Internet article said an official statement would be made on July 7th on the Nicole Alexandre thing when she filed against Albert. Its only next week now that he's in control lets see what else occurs. Albert you won round one now go after the rest and show the people what you are made of Champ. ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom