HSH Prince Albert Current Events 6 : May 2005 - June 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I'm not judging her actions or intentions (of which I can't be sure) but I can form my own opinion of the things she herself declares and that I assume must be true.

First of all, I think ALbert was quite naive, or at least careless to make such a thing happen: I don't question his or her right to have a relationship, either sentimental or sexual, but I think a man of his age and in his position should know the troubles that giving birth to a child not being in a relationship with the mother can cause. Moreover, I think Albert and his entourage could have handled things differently and better, so that Nicole wouldn't have felt the need or the desire to go public through an interview.

As for Nicole, I got the impression that she is acting more for her own sake than for her kid's: I think the interview, a scandal, and too many demands, can only damage and not facilitate the relationship, already diffiucult, between Alexandre and his father (if Albert is actually the father, which hasn't been proved).

Please believe me when I say that the fact that she is black, or a commoner, has no influence whatsoever on my opinions; I don't agree with a woman who, just because she had a child from a rich man, quits her job and demands to be maintained by that man, that's all.

I don't want to judge any of the adullts involved, I just feel very sorry for the kid, and I hope he will be able to have a happy childhood, but in this situation I think it will be quite difficult...

BTW, unfortunately I can't find the mag with the second part of the interview anymore...I'l look for it better this evening, kisses

Speech in Warsaw

Prince Albert of Monaco urges vigilance against racism at summit

Warsaw, May 16, SPA -- Prince Albert II of Monaco urged
governments to pay special attention to minority rights and
fighting racism in his speech Monday at a European summit,
one of his first appearances abroad since he became ruler.
The prince told the Council of Europe summit at Warsaw's
Royal Castle that "the edifice that we have constructed,
whatever the depth and the solidity of its foundations,
remains fragile."
"The question of national minorities, for example, is
very worrying," he told the gathering of heads of state
and government. "Respect for their rights ... must be the
object of particular attention."
"Every form of discrimination based on race or religion
must be condemned without reserve _ we must remain
extremely vigilant," the prince was quoted as saying by The Associated Press.
Albert took over royal powers in tiny Monaco after his
father, longtime ruler Prince Rainier III, died April 6.
He will ascend to the throne July 12, after the close of
the mourning period for Rainier.
The prince, wearing a black tie, drew applause for his
speech, in which he also stressed that the Mediterranean
principality "attaches great importance" to protection of
the environment.
"Shouldn't the Europeans of today, like those of
generations to come, be able to live with protected
natural, and particularly marine, environments?" he asked.
--SPA

1427 Local Time
1127 GMT

http://www.spa.gov.sa/newsview.php?extend.262747

Let me see if I clarify this once and for all. I was not

implying any form of racism on Albert's part. I am saying that of the women claiming he fathered their child (and there have been a few) the remarks, statements and ideas regarding her by the press and people in general have been more decidedly negative than with the other ladies claiming the same thing.

In a perfect world race would not enter into this but this most assuredly not a perfect world and I find the interest and comments about this woman lead me to wonder if she were caucasian would the comments be so harsh.

If he were to claim Jazmin somehow I think in the press it will be okay-but he claims a mixed blood son we are going to be reading about this till judgement day. THat is my opinion based on how the world functions presently.

I agree with you that racism is sadly very present in our society, but the impression I got from what I read (of course I might be wrong on this) is that Nicole got more attention than the other women in her position mainly because she was the one to give a public interview, and because her kid, differently from the others, is probably really Albert's son.

Being realistic though, I think some people wouldn't be too pleased with a black reigning Prince or Princess...extremely sad, I know, but unfortunately that's the world we live in...

Kisses

Prince Albert of Monaco attends a mass in memory of his father

Attachments

• 355300.jpeg
    355300.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 252
  • 355301.jpeg
    355301.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 355305.jpeg
    355305.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 192
  • 355308.jpeg
    355308.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 306
Queenie said:
even if he can't ascend to the throne at least give him a title comensurate with being the son of THe Sovreign Prince of Monaco.

That will never happen:cool:

Athena said:
That will never happen:cool:

I agree. I don't men to sound insensitive, but he wouldn't be the first illegitimate child not to get a title from a royal parent. As sweet as the child is, his father is under no obligation to hand him a title, and honestly, what difference would it make? It would be an empty title. He already has a father who supports him financially and might actually be a part of his life. If Alexandre's mother Nicole thinks she can get more from Albert than that, I think she'd be sorely mistaken.

why does he need a title? he'll have his parents love, a place to live and any other necessities of life.

I agree, one can never know from the outside what was the actual case between the 2 of them. Most of all it seems like a whole lot of speculation on things that should probably never have been brought out in public. Anything is possible and it is definitely true that even if a situation looks like one thing; it could be something completely different. I for one, am no judge on her or him, or on any of this or anything else.

Last edited:
monaco70s said:
When and where was this mass?

Original Caption: Prince Albert of Monaco attends a mass in memory of his father, the late Prince Rainier, prior to the first training session of the 2005 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix, in Monaco, on May 19, 2005.

Last edited:
I still do not believe that this is a situation because of race; people use race to detract from a core issue --which could be this: if Albert comes forward and legally acknowledges the boy as his son (and not just keep some general 'understanding' out there) the child could be entitled to a claim on his estate as an heir and the mother could be entitled to some pretty substantial support payments. The boy may never get a title, father last name, not be in line to 'head the family business', but he may be legally entitled to a part of the fortune as any other of Al. children would be (if he had any). This might well be a very substantial amount of things, if it were to happen. The mother may not have been going for that outcome or even thinking about it at all; but I would only guess that at least a few of those people on Al. side are thinking about that.

I would only guess that Charles of England is not the only one that has 'grey men' in the back 'managing the firm' and thinking about things and telling him how to act about 'tradition and protocol' and such. But one never knows.

Mainly, I think again all one can do is see what happens. It's unfortunate situation for all.

Last edited:
Come July 6 hopefully we will hear his side of the story.

When a law suit is filed the general response should be no comment until the matter is settled. Men do not like to be backed into a corner. There is a lot at stake where a child of Albert's is concerned as all are aware. If Nicole's story is true and I am not saying it is Albert is having a lot of emotions going through him right now for one he can't comment and tell his side. According to everything Nicole said about Albert his people went to her to know if the child was his once born. Most men don't do that. Its part of the differences between the stories told by Nicole and Tamara. Tamara made an aggressive attack on him. Nicole did not. She stayed silent for 20 months why couldn't she wait another 3 for Albert to make the announcement himself no one understands. Look at the photo's of Albert with Alexandre and for that matter other children, as an uncle. If Alexandre is his son do you all not believe he would be proud of him? He is a beautiful little boy. Think of wanting to be with your child to see them every day, touch and hold them but not being able to. The first word missed, the first step missed those are things that can't be regained.

Some more pics of yesterday's mass - without a signature :)
Such a nice gesture to join the teams for that..

Attachments

• mass1.jpg
    mass1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 255
  • mass2.jpg
    mass2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 296
  • mass3.jpg
    mass3.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 289
  • mass4.jpg
    mass4.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 236
Thanks Iceflower ;) Indeed it was a very nice gesture and I'm sure this year's GP will be in honor of Rainier since he was a great F1 fan and supporter.

dont u think he is like most men that have power. they have their private life with a special friend and then a public life either with or without a wife and family. so here a question, it is possible for him to stay faithful to his wife once he is married? i dont know if it is possible for him to do that. reason why i say that is because he seems to carry on with a lot of women at the same time.

I don't think Queenie was insinuating anyone on this forum was racist. I think she was just saying European society or society in general may be. But, as for albiethehot's post, I don't appreciate that either. I couldn't care less if the mother was black or white or hispanic or arab or american indian, it just doesn't make any difference to me. As for the baby issue, I, for one, withold judgment. There were six pictures of Albert with the child, for one, so I'm curious as to how that would be if Albert were not the father; but, somehow, I think he wouldn't be that irresponsible. This I do know: whether the child is or is not Albert's, significant damage has been done to his reputation and people certainly will not take him as seriously as before.

Last edited:
By "legendary", I mean I've been reading about him dating black as well as white women since the 80's. American gossip columnists used to write about it like it was a big scandal. It's not a scandal because race should not matter. I don't feel that Europeans care as much about this sort of thing. Americans are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind the times on this issue. Most of the venom on here comes from Americans. I stand by this statement. Whoever wanted proof, why should I provide it? Why does my statement need proof? I've been reading about the Grimaldi's for years and years. That's all the "proof" I need. If I said "Usher loves blonds" would you be asking for "proof"???
grimaldi.jpg

Personally, I guess I don't care who was offended by my post. Alot of your posts have offended me (from the 1st thread as well as this one). Enough to make me come out of perpetual lurkdom. Tamara deserves all of the abuse that's been heaped on Nicole and more. Tamara actually went to an event, held up her child and yelled "say hello to your daughter, Albert" but no one trashes her for it. I don't believe for a second that Jazmin belongs to Albert as most of you are hoping. Alexandre on the other hand, is most definitely Al's kid. I bought Paris Match and he looks every bit like a proud father. I don't need an official statement from him to convince me. His silence and Alexandre's looks say it all. He's got Albert's eyes (not the color, obviously) and forehead.

I hate to break it to everyone but, this kid belongs to Albert, Al's not gay, he's not bi and he likes ALL types. I know that makes people uncomfortable but, that's the way it is. And Albert Grimaldi will marry whomever he chooses. It will not matter to him what race she is. It mattered to Rainier but it won't matter to Al.

Last edited:
I know racism and prejudice are alive in this world but personally, I don't think people would necessarily object to a mixed race ruler of Monaco, provided that the child was born within a marriage, not as the result of a liaison...I know that sounds prudish (even to me) but does anyone think that a Caucasian child born of a Caucasian mother in a similar position to Nicole would have more acceptance as a potential heir than Alexandre? I feel the Grimaldis want to maintain their "elitism" and that Albert would prefer the monarchy to pass to Caroline and her children rather than to children born from such relationships...just my two cents...like the rest of you i await further news from the palace.

I was raised in a very conservative environment, and I could care less what race a ruler was. To me, it has absolutely no bearing on how they will perform in their position. As for whether the individual should be born into the environment of married parents, I have to admit it sounds proper, but we know that is not necessarily the way history, especially in Monaco, has played out. So, while it would appear ideal for a child born of unwed parents (i.e.: a liaison situation) not to rule, I think whether they rule or not, should more depend on the individual. How the child develops into an upstanding adult, their education sought, their desire to serve their community, their compassion, and their disposition should, in my opinion, have far more to do with their potential to rule one day. (Providing, of course, they are a blood relative.)

Hi to all:

I've been reading and reading, and the more I read the less I understand, but EVERYTHING THAT I WILL WRITE IN HERE IS MINE OPINION, THE THEME IS HALF SERIOUS & HALF JOKINGLY, TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN O 2 POUNDS OF SALT SINCE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MONACO AND THIS IS AN ESPECULATIVE FORUM AL RIGHT?

So have you notice:

1. that both of the kids were born prematurely and there are no records of such premature births?

where these women went to give birth in the woods?

2. both women have been fighting to have PAII to recognized the children?

but there are no records, suspicious DNA's test/pictures, birth certificates that get lost, no info as to premature babies, both of the women were coming from a too recent divorce/breakup.

3. how deep is the "concern" of these mothers about their kids and only the kids ?

Tamara: before she gave birth she was ignored, once the baby was born, both were ignore, she followed Albert around the States to have him see/recognized the child, both were ignored again. Try the Courts she lost the case and she was ignored. Nevertheless she goes ahead names the girl with the "grandma's" name and "family"
name, nobody bat an eye (ignored again). Keeping the "fight for the rights" of her daughter, she went into half reclusion. In one of the links provided in this forum I read, she is divorcing now, lives with the girl in a gated community, the two of them almost (as the neighbors said) lived very privately and don't to talk to anybody.

Regarding the "rights of her daughter" because of course that is what she is fighting for: if I have a baby with an important/rich/prominent person and after all she has done to herself and dragging the baby around, you should stop and think do I really want him as a father of my child? We have been ignored batlanty again and again, does my child deserves to have his last name? and it is worth it to have the baby grow under a shadow of being not recognized, not wanted and ignored? and yes go ahead a plastered in the media.

Don't you all think that her fight for "the rights" of the girl has gone way too far?
Would you put your kid thru all the ordeal of being ignored again and again?
Is have your daughter recognized is that important when you have shown that can take care of the baby mighty right? BTW as millions and millions of women do it everyday.

That girl is a teenager now and every time her mother tries again to have her recognized she is being rejected. Now do you remember when we were teenager how thirsty of validation/recognition/ love we were? Some of us have a share of broken promises, abandonment by parents or they die.

So my prayers goes to the girl because dispite of the intentions of her mother, she still is being rejected and not wanted. I don't feel to much simpathy for Tamara, even as single mother she had in her power to put her daughter first, change her last name, let her have a normal life and if in the future she wants to go ahead and confront her "father" as a daughter she will be in all her right.

(Got a feeling when I read that Ms Tamara was getting divorce at this time, that this situation has consumed a lot of her life. IMO)

Now with Nicole: this is a woman that does not know the term :let go"
go back if you might and see the pictures again, especially the one that she is wrapped around Al, she is looking at the camera and her face is almost challenging like: his is mine" kind of look, i don't see the "love" anywhere she does not look in love, he looks the same way he looks in all the pictures, then look at the furniture or decor of the apartment, does that gives the impression of "luxurious" to any of you. look at the bed and window, what do you see? Just food for thought.

And the same question comes to mind: Do you want that kind of father for your son? As she states he has not seen the baby since February, I mean even if his father was ill how difficult will be for Al jump in a plane and go and see his son, after all they lived in Paris not in the Antartic.

I have a few more "points" but I got to go.

As I stated at the begining this is just an opinion, full of facts, half facts, gossip and especulation, which is all the forum is about.

I'll be back with more points

have a nice weekend

the royal family won´t be at the Formula 1 Grand Prix tomorrow,or?O meant because of the mourning period for Ranier

Anyone interested Albert has been a little busy with work if they go to this site you can do some reading. http://www.monaco.gouv.mc/PortGb. Go to Journal Officiel. Its in French you will need to translate. Easy enough done just type in translator on your tool bar and you should find one that suits you.

You're welcome I like men with more than good looks. Brains and personality count for more and he's got those as well as a good heart.

LadyMacalpine, when I go to the link you provided below, the information looks outdated. For example, when I click on the news link, it reads that it was last updated in March. Might I be doing something wrong?

Freedom said:
LadyMacalpine, when I go to the link you provided below, the information looks outdated. For example, when I click on the news link, it reads that it was last updated in March. Might I be doing something wrong?
You must be May 20, 2005 was the last thing he was doing. Changes in law.

The last date I saw was May 20th as well, but I noted he was reviewing nominations for various Council positions. Monaco has one of the more interesting political structures (from being an absolute monarchy) but its surprising that the judicial system is separate. People can't even appeal to the Prince/ss(es) to overturn their sentences.

NotDani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom