Charlene Wittstock Current Events 4 : June 2006 - Aug.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see new pics of her she looks great in that dress .

I like Charlene's confident style. She seems calm and confortable, her dress fits her perfectly and its no "too much glitter", i like it. :)

I like the light green dress, it suits her and the big shoulders she has are not that visible...but she really should have a nicer hairdo, it's a pity she looks so beautiful but the hairdo spoils the whole effect. It's really a pity...

I like her dress, and I like to see new pics of her with Albert in Monaco.

Great pictures, They look great together. Feeling she will be the one. She seems like she will fit well into Albert's life well. I guess will see.Also love the dress she is wearing. Looks lovely on her.

I really thought that she was part of Pr Albert's history because all was quiet as far as she was concerned. Good to know that she is still around. She looks lovely in the green dress. Now if only Pr. Albert will make up his mind!! I will definitely be watching this space.

Stellad

Ok I belonged to people not happy to see Charlene again but she looks very nice in those pictures. The dress is beautiful, I like it's style and color. Maybe I'm wrong but PA seems sad in these pictures.

The color is wrong for her tanned complexion but the style is nice. She looks nice.

I haven't been here very long, but it seems significant to me that he's taking her to meet other royals. I would imagine he wouldn't just take any girl to meet these people.

Wasn't either Princess Furstenberg or her sister a "girlfriend"/companion of Rainier's after Grace's death? Having her meet Charlene would be a way of knowing if perhaps his father might have approved.

Could be something, could be nothing more than my fevered mind looking for more...and to note, I am one who thinks that whomever makes Albert happy is fine-but that even with all of his notoriety, Charlene is a little too rough for him.

Ann

BurberryBrit said:
The color is wrong for her tanned complexion but the style is nice. She looks nice.

I haven't been here very long, but it seems significant to me that he's taking her to meet other royals. I would imagine he wouldn't just take any girl to meet these people.
ira von Fuerstenberg bears a noble name, but she is counted more into the jet set then to royalty. Besides in her younger years she was quite a scandalous little princess herself, so I should think she would not mind anyone that walks on Alberts arm. Besides she needed him there to draw attention to her strange creations.

Suonymona said:
Wasn't either Princess Furstenberg or her sister a "girlfriend"/companion of Rainier's after Grace's death? Having her meet Charlene would be a way of knowing if perhaps his father might have approved.

Could be something, could be nothing more than my fevered mind looking for more...and to note, I am one who thinks that whomever makes Albert happy is fine-but that even with all of his notoriety, Charlene is a little too rough for him.

Ann
Yes, it was Ira who was seen around Rainier for a while and she would have loved to become princess of Monaco ( I think she said so herself in an interview).

They needed some pics with her and Albert at some event. She probably has met Hubertus in Turin and he was supposed to set her at ease. Besides he was probably the only one there who was close enough to her age ad he is an athlete himself. So that should have helped her get through the evening. Besides after the staged swimming pics, they needed some of Albert and her together. There were very clear statements in answer to questions posed on the boards: she is still swimming, she is still with Albert, she is not a gold digger (hence no jewellery, not even borrowed ones like last time), she is not bludging off Albert, she is paying for things herself (hence the visibility of her purse in the street pictures). We all know that these pictures were staged (you do not see paparazzi lurking in the streets of Monaco like that) and all of them were supposed to convey a particular message to us, since they know how thoroughly we study every detail on the pics. THEse are not pictures that will make any headlines in the tabloids and it is not their purpose. These pics are IMO all for the benefit of people on the different forums in attemting to change peoples opinion.

paca said:
Yes, it was Ira who was seen around Rainier for a while and she would have loved to become princess of Monaco ( I think she said so herself in an interview).

They needed some pics with her and Albert at some event. She probably has met Hubertus in Turin and he was supposed to set her at ease. Besides he was probably the only one there who was close enough to her age ad he is an athlete himself. So that should have helped her get through the evening. Besides after the staged swimming pics, they needed some of Albert and her together. There were very clear statements in answer to questions posed on the boards: she is still swimming, she is still with Albert, she is not a gold digger (hence no jewellery, not even borrowed ones like last time), she is not bludging off Albert, she is paying for things herself (hence the visibility of her purse in the street pictures). We all know that these pictures were staged (you do not see paparazzi lurking in the streets of Monaco like that) and all of them were supposed to convey a particular message to us, since they know how thoroughly we study every detail on the pics. THEse are not pictures that will make any headlines in the tabloids and it is not their purpose. These pics are IMO all for the benefit of people on the different forums in attemting to change peoples opinion.
Yeah... because what 7 and a half people think after analysing pressphotos may have mayor impact ... :D;)

Last edited:
michelle said:
Yeah... because what 7 and a half people think after analysing pressphotos may have mayor impact ... :D;)
Well, someone apparently does care about what those 7 and a half people think, because otherwise you wouldn't have had those staged pictures. You need a permission to take picture that are to be published. Monaco does protect its image and that of the people living here. You do not see pictures of famous people in Monaco, unless they want to be taken on photos. The only paparazzi pictures that are possible, are those taken from France looking into Monaco(Beach club, Palace Gardens), from a helicopter or in Stephs case they are taken in Cap d'ail. All others are taken by officially approved photographers. Those pics during the Grand Prix could be taken, because there were plenty of photographers around and they were standing practically next to the race track, not to mention the balcony pictures.

I have a feeling she might be the one as well. As for the "big shoulders" (come on, she's a swimmer!) and "unfortunate hairdo" and all the other little flaws, no doubt if they do announce an engagement, the royal image team will swoop in and fix all of them and give her one of the transformations that certain other princesses have enjoyed in recent years. Lucky girl!

well if they make each other happier , good for them!

sm1939 said:
well if they make each other happier , good for them!

Agreed. I also thought the dress looked very pretty on her. I thought the color was very nice.

:question: I dont quite know what to make of Charlene. The dress is ok but it looks ripped in the back. She could have worn something a bit more elegant. IMO I just dont think they really love each other or they would be holding hands more, closer together. I dont know. I could be wrong. :unsure:

I tossed in my two cents earlier but now I have a little more time.

Yes, the dress is pretty nice, and considering her line-backer shoulders, it's okay for her frame. I understand she's a swimmer but it's just not very feminine. Not to mention that she's "training" in a sport that she is too old to compete in. And I must admit, when we're talking princess, I want to see a girl's girl. Get your glitter on....

Her hair and make-up are aweful. Yes, a stylist could change all that for her but, her features really are not that pretty. Her nose, lips, cheeks, just all of does nothing for me.

She needs some jewelry, she looks plain and it gives the appearance that she does not take care.

I doubt seriously she is the only woman in Albert's life. Probably takes her out from time to time to keep her happy and give the impression that he is thinking about settling down.

<Edited out rehashed stories - Mandy>

Last edited by a moderator:
Suonymona said:

Ann

Princess Ira was the "companion" of Rainier during his latter years. Rainier and Ira are also cousins, both are descended from Lady Mary Victoria Hamilton (Rainier from her 1st husband -Prince Albert I- and Ira from her second husband, also a prince). Ira (and her brother Egon - the designer- when he was still alive) is close to the Grimaldi trio. That would explain this Ira-Albert connection. :)

I think Charlene looked nice in the green dress. She was very simple - at least, you can say that she isn't spending too much money - whether her own or other people's - trying to impress. I don't know much about her but IMHO, she is living within her means - and that speaks a lot.

Last edited:
monica17 said:
I think Charlene looked nice in the green dress. She was very simple - at least, you can say that she isn't spending too much money - whether her own or other people's - trying to impress. I don't know much about her but IMHO, she is living within her means - and that speaks a lot.
Anyone "dating" a prince would want to spend a good amount of money on her dress for an event she goes to with him. Everyone there would be dressed well and no one wants to stand out because they look like crap in comparison. It's crazy to criticize any prince's date for spending too much. Anyway, the dress could easily be a gift, either from the prince or the designer or a boutique loan. You don't have to be very famous at all to have designer loans or freebies. The most marginal of socialites get them all the time.

I hope Albert marries someone he loves. If he loves Charlene, that's great, but I can't help feeling there is something insincere about this relationship. That bothers me. Is it only me?

Last edited by a moderator:
CasiraghiTrio said:
I hope Albert marries someone he loves. If he loves Charlene, that's great, but I can't help feeling there is something insincere about this relationship. That bothers me. Is it only me?

Exactly. I agree whole heartly with you.

Yes, I agree as well. IMO they really do not look right together. She is really a pretty big woman which might be part of it. I really make nothing of the age difference. Albert, to his credit, does not appear to choose his female company by race, age, or social class. I'm not sure what it is. I, like some others, may be having some trouble getting her short but unimpressive past out of my head.

paca said:
... Besides after the staged swimming pics, they needed some of Albert and her together. There were very clear statements in answer to questions posed on the boards: she is still swimming, she is still with Albert, she is not a gold digger (hence no jewellery, not even borrowed ones like last time), she is not bludging off Albert, she is paying for things herself (hence the visibility of her purse in the street pictures). We all know that these pictures were staged (you do not see paparazzi lurking in the streets of Monaco like that) and all of them were supposed to convey a particular message to us, since they know how thoroughly we study every detail on the pics. THEse are not pictures that will make any headlines in the tabloids and it is not their purpose. These pics are IMO all for the benefit of people on the different forums in attemting to change peoples opinion.
Totally agree with your observation. Monaco is a police state with security cameras everywhere and no crime rate whatsoever. These paparazzi pictures therefore seem very very orchestrated. What a hoot if they take a page from what our recommendations on the forum! Wouldn't be surprised, though. I'm not one for conspiracy theories at all but these pictures seem to have some organization behind them, I totally agree with that. The one with the wallet so prominently obvious, LOL! :lol:

leahteresa said:
Yes, I agree as well. IMO they really do not look right together. She is really a pretty big woman which might be part of it. I really make nothing of the age difference. Albert, to his credit, does not appear to choose his female company by race, age, or social class. I'm not sure what it is. I, like some others, may be having some trouble getting her short but unimpressive past out of my head.

It's not her looks that concern me at all. It's just the lack of romance. Even a couple like Prince William and Kate Middleton, two of the most private people, have romance, chemistry. With Albert and Charlene, there is no feeling of love. You know how couples are and what it is like to b around couples. You get no sense of that with Albert and Charlene. It doesn't help that Charlene always looks somewhat misplaced or awkward somehow, like she doesn't know quite what she is doing. Who can blame her? Where she belongs is probably in her bathing suit, training for the olympics. If she loves Albert, that is one thing. But to give up her career to play the part of Princess and be with a man just for....??? prestige? I don't know what. What a waste.... and for Albert, why should h waste his valuable time trying to make a bride of some woman he is not in love with when he can do this for a woman who really captures his heart?
I just hope I am wrong because it would be so tragic to see such talented people wasting their time and potential.

CasiraghiTrio said:
It's not her looks that concern me at all. It's just the lack of romance. Even a couple like Prince William and Kate Middleton, two of the most private people, have romance, chemistry. With Albert and Charlene, there is no feeling of love. You know how couples are and what it is like to b around couples. You get no sense of that with Albert and Charlene. It doesn't help that Charlene always looks somewhat misplaced or awkward somehow, like she doesn't know quite what she is doing. Who can blame her? Where she belongs is probably in her bathing suit, training for the olympics. If she loves Albert, that is one thing. But to give up her career to play the part of Princess and be with a man just for....??? prestige? I don't know what. What a waste.... and for Albert, why should h waste his valuable time trying to make a bride of some woman he is not in love with when he can do this for a woman who really captures his heart?
I just hope I am wrong because it would be so tragic to see such talented people wasting their time and potential.

At the beginning, I think there was some romance -- remember the Opening Ceremony photos? when he kissed her hand? when they were joking around? Even some of the early Maldives photos had some definite feeling in them...when he greeted her when he first arrived. I think after the infamous "face in chest" photo was when he became much more reserved around her in public or semi-private areas since he assumes that there will be a photographer following them constantly. That has to put some pressure on the relationship and while Albert can probably handle it, Charlene probably can't.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Anyone "dating" a prince would want to spend a good amount of money on her dress for an event she goes to with him. Everyone there would be dressed well and no one wants to stand out because they look like crap in comparison. It's crazy to criticize any prince's date for spending too much. Anyway, the dress could easily be a gift, either from the prince or the designer or a boutique loan. You don't have to be very famous at all to have designer loans or freebies. The most marginal of socialites get them all the time.

I'm far from criticizing anyone who spends too much money. All I said was that I like Charlene for being simple and in my own opinion, living within her means. And I'm not just talking about her dress. The others remarked on how she wore no jewelry and that her hair and make up could have been better.

Paca, I agree with you on the pictures. If the pics taken and released were orchestrated to convey certain messages, CW is being 'protected' then.

Last edited:
CasiraghiTrio said:
It's not her looks that concern me at all.
I agree although she doesn't possess any true style or sophistication (no dress well do this for her), & she seems very simple (& an opportunist) in her actions & by her own words. I think it just does not say much for him that the attraction seems so shallow on both their parts.

I would rather see him go for someone that isn't based on looks alone for him, but would be an asset to him & Monaco & would give him some real esteem for picking a wife with some substance. She doesn't so much need a formal degree or have achieved any great things but someone who has the potential & also has an understanding of the position, his position & is capable of playing this type of supportive role (both physically & emotionally). She needs presence & character, that is not something you learn or grow into. I just don't see CW fulfilling any of this?

I think it is hard to take him seriously in just the fact that at his age & in his position that he formally dates a women 20 yrs younger that seems so vapid? I'm sure CW is a nice girl in her own way, but she really is so unimpressive for this position, I really think she needs to grow up into her own & PA should recognize this? I do hope he marries someone he loves. I read somewhere where he said she doesn't need to be the perfect woman but should have "some sort of charm"? If he really loves her - he will think she is the perfect woman. I just don't see them as a couple achieving much for Monaco, It well just be so disappointing if he waited so long for someone that just has
"some sort of charm"? I hope he waits for the perfect women for his own sake & for Monaco. :bang:

CasiraghiTrio said:

Yes, that's exactly it. She always looks uncomfortable and sometimes Albert, in her presence does as well. It's just not right. Maybe they need a better photographer. Maybe they should hire the guy that did the fake paparzzi shots of Charlene in Monaco. I'll find his number for them...

"Prince Albert of Monaco and CHARLENE WITTSTOCK attend the opening ceremony of music festival of Menton (not far from Monaco)."
Date 02/08/2006

21obzg0.jpg

(belga)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom