Prince Haakon's Current Events Part 1: September 2003 - October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Iceflower. A bit of a casual look for Prince Haakon but he still looks very handsome indeed. I am sure his attendance was much appreciated by all.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:

On today's agenda, October 25, are the opening of the Transatlantic Science Week at Berkeley,
an event related with the Museum of Modern Art, the anniversary celebration of the Norwegian
Seamen's Church in San Francisco and a visit to the Norwegian software company Meltwater,
Silicon Valley.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife gallery - October 25, 2011 **

Thank you fairy tale for this link. What a lovely and encouraging speech by Prince Haakon. I did enjoy reading it.

October 26, 2011: CP Haakon met with Apple, as well as with Space Systems/Loral and Telenor. He visited the companies together with Minister of Trade and Industry Trond Giske.
kongehuset.no - Meetings with technology companies
At the meeting with Apple, Crown Prince Haakon was given a demonstration of the iPad2 and iPhone, in which he learned more about their functionality and the basic idea behind these products.
John Celli, President of Space Systems/Loral, and Oddveig Tretterud, who headed up the work on Thor 7, welcomed Crown Prince Haakon and Minister Giske and accompanied them on a tour of the production facility to show them satellites in various stages of production.

daylife pictures crown prince haakon october 26 - News, photos, topics, and quotes

Here's an additional gallery from the Space Systems Loral in Palo Alto in California on October 26:

** ppe gallery **

^^The guy on the left in the first pic is hot:whistling:

Thank you for this update Iceflower as well as the photographs. I have always had a great admiration for Cecelia Dinardi and her work which concentrates on showing young people how to turn unexpected challenges into opportunities for themselves. A truely wonderful cause. What a honour to be receiving this award from Prince Haakon. She is a good role model and really does deserve this.

Last edited:

Crown Prince Haakon as United Nations Development Program (UNDP) goodwill ambassador arrived at
the Tribhuvan International Airport for a four-day official visit in Kathmandu, Nepal, November 21, 2011.

Haakon, along with UNDP administrator Helen Clark, is part of a delegation which is expected to
emphasize UNDP's commitment and support to Nepal during the current post-conflict transition
period, according to local media.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife gallery **

** kongehuset.no: I Nepal for UNDP ** translation **

Last edited:

Crown Prince Haakon has delivered a lecture at the University in Warsaw, Poland, December 8, 2011.
As UNDP Goodwill Ambassador he spoke about development challenges as part of the "Kapuscinski
development lectures" series organised by the European Commission and UNDP.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Last edited:
Very nice pics of Haakon. He seems to be enjoying it

CP Haakon spent the weekend in Rauland to go skiing most likely together with Marius. The article says that the Crown Prince has visited Rauland as a parent representative of the club where Marius is a member. The sports team was in Rauland in a training camp. The skiing trip was not part of any official visit but rather of a personal nature.
«Pudder-prinsen» kjørte i Rauland | ta.no
Google Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom