Mette-Marit: Current Events, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When she came up the stairs to the VIP lounge, she was the first to enter, and she said "hi". Later when I was serving wine and wather I asked if she wanted more water (she didn't drink wine) and she said "yes please". She was very sweet and nice.

You are so lucky! I love hearing stories of people who have had the opportunity to meet the royals. MM always seems so nice in her interviews. Thank you for sharing your story.:flowers:

You are so lucky, it's wonderful for you
I dream of MM and Haakon coming once to Belgium, I would take some days off at the office I tell you !

Mette Marit visited the Pro Centre in Oslo - see the thread here.

In the Scandinavian forum someone posted a pic of the King and Ingrid Alexandra taken yesterday at Holmenkollen
I wonder where I can find more pix

Mette-Marit attending a children's conference on diversity and climate

Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess attended children's conference on diversity and climate yesterday. Unfortunately I can't find photos. :rolleyes:

Thanks Mahato, thats a nice picture of Mette-Marit with a shy girl :flowers:
BTW, don't you know what exactly the conference was dedicated to?

ANP have pictures - the little girl looks even cuter in this picture.

The caption tells you more about the conference sofajr:

OSLO 20080403: Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit on a conference for children about multitude and climate changes in Oslo, Norway Thursday.p Photo: Jarl Fr. Erichsen / SCANPIX NORGE / kod 20520

Nice to see her again, with a new hairstyle

Sorry to say that; but IMO MM's outfit was horrible!
A pure mess. It's getting worse and worse.
The hairdo was something new.. but ugly IMO. Looked more then messy.
The outfit would have been okay if it wasn't black from head to toe. ..
or maybe she should have used skin colored stockings.
I wonder why she attends a Children event being dressed like she was going to attend a Funeral. :glare:

Sorry to say that; but IMO MM's outfit was horrible!
A pure mess. It's getting worse and worse.
The hairdo was something new.. but ugly IMO. Looked more then messy.
The outfit would have been okay if it wasn't black from head to toe. ..
or maybe she should have used skin colored stockings.
I wonder why she attends a Children event being dressed like she was going to attend a Funeral. :glare:

I agree with you;) This is really, really messy:bang:

I like the outfit actually. I think she looks beautiful, and its nice to see her do something with her hair.

Unfortunately as usual with MM during past months: Good cause but ugly black combined outfit, hideous "hairstyle". I don't expect her to be a model but she could at least try to look neat.

Her hair would have been much nicer had she done the braid without the messy curls. I liked her hair at the skiing thing, that would have been prettier. The outfit wasn't ugly, just very, very boring and dark.

It was nice to see that she bothered to do SOMETHING with her hair, but that outfit! Does she suffer from depression or something? Only her brightly colored hair kept away the impression that the angel of death was coming.

I usually like MM with curls. But where does the passion for the braids suddenly come from? :huh:
It makes her look like a 12 years old girl.
I wish she would cut her hair short. Like she had it in her early years as Princess!

About the outfit...
She attended a children's event... she should have chosen brighter colors. Or at least skin-colored stockings.
She should fire her stylist.

I usually like MM with curls. But where does the passion for the braids suddenly come from? :huh:
I wish she would cut her hair short. Like she had it in her early years as Princess!

that's a strange haircut that you suggested, Her Majesty, for a 30 something years old Princess :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh, dear - no... :ohmy: I much prefer a bit longer hair - as long as she does something interesting with it, braids - or curls, like now.

Personally I happen to think that a leather (or imitation) jacket, and slightly wild hair works for when she's attending a conference where children/teens are a part of the topic, and the participants. Only thing I might have wished for were some slacks/jeans instead of the skirt. :whistling: I feel like MM is customarily dressing too dowdy when being out in action, and it might be nice to have some youthful outfits on the schedule.

I like the topic of the conference, and it was interesting to note that two members of parliament were involved as speakers, and would get the children's feedback to bring with them to parliament. The visit to the parliament for the children, I also think was a nice touch.

Thought she looked good, must say its nice to see her , feels like she has been gone out of the rada for a while .

I agree that MM's outfit was ugly. And yes, she could chose bright colors when meeting with children. I always dislike black stockings on every woman. Her hair was messy. Does she have any stylist?

Mette-Marits visit to Fredrikstad April 28, 2007

Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit during her visit Monday April 28, 2008 to Fredrikstad where she was shown different projects designed by Bård Eker.

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3
Pic 4 -- Pic 5 -- Pic 6

(ANP)

Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit did a boat trip during her visit Monday April 28, 2008 to Fredrikstad.

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3 -- Pic 4 -- Pic 5 -- Pic 6 -- Pic 7 -- Pic 8
(ANP)

I love this casual look on MM. She looks ready to go shallow water fishing.

Last edited:
Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit is welcomed by the pupils at Torsnes School during her visit Monday April 28, 2008 to Fredrikstad.

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3 -- Pic 4

(ANP)

Thanks for the pics. MM looks great. I loved the pics from the boat trip and school. I also couldn't help but notice her thumb bandaged up, wonder what happened?

Mette-Marit looked great in this pictures. She looked just great in red!
She looked like she really enjoyed her stay.

On the other hand I don't like this jacket anymore. She wore it way too often. The cut of the jacket doesn't really flatter her figure, IMO. Maybe it would have looked a bit more elegant with an updo hairdo.

Anyway: Great to see her out and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom