Your favourite Royal Couple? Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is your favourite Royal Couple?

• Queen Elizabeth & Princes Philip

Votes: 36 8.9%
  • The Prince of Wales & the Duchess of Cornwall

Votes: 18 4.5%
  • The Earl and Countess of Wessex

Votes: 12 3.0%
  • King Albert & Queen Paola

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • CP Philippe & CP Mathilde

Votes: 17 4.2%
  • Prince Laurent & Princess Claire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queen Margrethe & Prince Henrik

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • CP Frederik & CP Mary

Votes: 83 20.6%
  • CP Willem-Alexander & CP Maxima

Votes: 47 11.7%
  • Prince Constantijn & Princess Laurentien

• Prince Friso & Princess Mabel

• Emperor Akihito & Empress Michiko

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • CP Naruhito & CP Masako

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Prince Akishino & Princess Kiko

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • King Abdullah & Queen Rania

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Prince Ali & Princess Rym

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Prince Ernst-August & Princess Caroline

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • King Harald & Queen Sonja

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • CP Haakon & CP Mette-Marit

Votes: 38 9.4%
  • Princess Märtha Louise & Ari Behn

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • King Juan Carlos & Queen Sofia

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • CP Felipe & CP Letizia

Votes: 71 17.6%
  • The Duke & Duchess of Lugo

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite are:

King Juan and Queen Sofia
Letizia & Felipe
Philippe & Mathilde
Mette Marit & Haakon

Living

King Juan Carlos I & Queen Sofia
Crown Prince Willem-Alexander & Princess Maxima
The Duke & Duchess of Palma (Infanta Cristina & Don Inaki)
The Duke & Duchess of Soria (Infanta Margarita & Don Carlos de Zurita)

Dead
Prince Rainier III & Princess Grace
The Duke & Duchess of Kent (George & Marina)

Crown Prince Willem-Alexander & Princess Maxima
Philippe & Mathilde
King Juan Carlos I & Queen Sofia

In the aftermath of the danis twins christening, i confess... Crown Prince Frederik & Mary Donaldson :wub:; as a regal lovestory, Prince Rainier III & Grace Kelly :crown4:; as a love of legend and tragedy, Princess Caroline & Stefano Casiraghi :twohearts:

I voted CP Frederik & CP Mary of Denmark. They are IMO the best of the couples. I love watching them in photos/ royal events where they show their love for each other.

Queen Elizabeth & Princes Philip :flowers:
They're together so many years and seem to be great support to each other.

Crown Prince Frederick & Mary
Crown Prince Willem-Alexander & Maxima
Crown Prince Phillippe & Mathilde
Crown Princess Victoria & Daniel
Crown Prince Haakon & Mette Marit
Infanta Cristina & Inaki Urdangarin
QE2 & Philip

Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh - for sheer stickability !!

Yes, at home my favourite royal couple currently are Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh - they've been together for so long and are a good example of a strong, long lasting marriage.

Overseas, my favourite couple are CP Frederik and CP Mary of Denmark. They are the future of the Danish monarchy (although long live Queen Margethe!) and to me they manage to convey the modernity and the ancient regality expected of them.

Baudouin & Fabiola of Belgium...for me, the story of their life together inspires envy and awe and admiration. They were the perfect Royal Couple in my view...and an inspiration. :whistling:

Infanta Cristina and Inaki Urdangarin of Spain...beautiful couple, beautiful children. What more can you ask for? :flowers:

CP Victoria and Daniel of Sweden...I have to admit I did not really become fans of these two until their incredibly romantic and beautiful wedding. :)

Philippe and Mathilde of Belgium...despite everything, they just hang in there together and do their duty. And they have children that look like storybook cherubs.

Charles-Philippe d'Orleans and Diana de Cadaval...truly "Royal" couple who look gorgeous together and always appear so warm and open to others. I hope they achieve their dream of having children soon.

UP AND COMERS.....

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge...I had my doubts about Kate Middleton early on, and her family still gives me pause at times...that stuff about them creating a Coat of Arms for themselves and contemplating the purchase of Bolehyde Manor makes me wonder. But I am a becoming a big fan of Kate herself..she is unflappable, elegant and exudes a warmth and kindness that I didn't realize she had before, not to mention that Kate and William's wedding was so beautiful...Prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock intrigue me...I think if they play it right they can make the Principality something like what it USED to be, and their upcoming wedding has me almost giddy with anticipation!

Last edited:
Felipe and Letizia - I love this couple and their family. I think that they are great couple and great parents. My number two: Queen ELizabeth and Prince Phillip - they have a very strong and long marriage.

I must admit that more than a few of the royal couples mentioned in this poll, I don't follow very much & therefore don't know very much about them.
But I would say that being grateful and blessed as I am to have a wonderful stable marriage,
Felipe & Letizia are 1st for me b/c they remind me so much of my husband and myself
Second, would be Frederik & Mary b/c of the affection
Third, Martha Louise & Ari they always look in love
Fourth, Victoria & Daniel, strong love amidst early un-approval makes it even stronger! I luv it when True Love proves the nay-sayers wrong

Honorable Mention goes to King JuanCarlos & Queen Sofia of Spain as well

Today

Victoria and Daniel

Historical

Victoria and Albert

I'm really liking the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. They're radiating love, and I love the fact that William is always trying to have some sort of small physical contact with Catherine. It shows his protective side, and tells the world that he cherishes his wife and partner for life.

I'm really liking the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. They're radiating love, and I love the fact that William is always trying to have some sort of small physical contact with Catherine. It shows his protective side, and tells the world that he cherishes his wife and partner for life.

I could not agree more. I love the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. They appear to be very invested in one another, which is a good thing. They seem to be very solid and the glances they share are utterly adorable.

I, however, voted for The Earl and Countess of Wessex because they are my favourite, hands down. I think they are very well suited, which was very apparent in the early stages of their relationship. I also think the fact that they were together for quite a long time before marriage solidified their relationship, which is why I think William and Catherine's marriage will be successful. Edward is the only child of the Queen who's first marriage has successfully lasted more than 10 years without a glitch. It's evident that they clearly love each other, even if they do not show it as openly as other couples. They aren't one for hand holding and public displays of affection, yet you know deep down there's a lot of love there just by their glances at one another. AND they have made two of the most adorable kids in the current Royal family! I think being the youngest child of the Queen gave Edward more freedom in his relationship with Sophie, allowing her to participate in many Royal family events before they were married, ensuring Sophie knew what she was "letting herself in for".

I could not agree more. I love the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. They appear to be very invested in one another, which is a good thing. They seem to be very solid and the glances they share are utterly adorable.

I, however, voted for The Earl and Countess of Wessex because they are my favourite, hands down. I think they are very well suited, which was very apparent in the early stages of their relationship. I also think the fact that they were together for quite a long time before marriage solidified their relationship, which is why I think William and Catherine's marriage will be successful. Edward is the only child of the Queen who's first marriage has successfully lasted more than 10 years without a glitch. It's evident that they clearly love each other, even if they do not show it as openly as other couples. They aren't one for hand holding and public displays of affection, yet you know deep down there's a lot of love there just by their glances at one another. AND they have made two of the most adorable kids in the current Royal family! I think being the youngest child of the Queen gave Edward more freedom in his relationship with Sophie, allowing her to participate in many Royal family events before they were married, ensuring Sophie knew what she was "letting herself in for".

I agree ,
I voted for C.P. W-A and P.Maxima

But in BRF definitely my favorite goes to:
1.The Earl and Countess of Wessex
2.The Queen and Prince Philip
3.Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

I think that all are truly happy,and have lovely and successful marriages :flowers:

MagMil and Molly2101,

I haven't even though of the Wessexe couple, to be honest. However, I would place them up there, with the D&DoC. I think William and Catherine will be very similar to Edward and Sophie, and I couldn't be happier about that development (should it come to surface). Yes, both couples spent a great deal of time together before jumping into marriage, and that in turn made their relationships solid and steady. There are no more surprises. They know what to expect from each other. I only hope that one day I'll find a man who will look at me the way Edward and William look at their wives. Well done to the both of them.

My favorite Royal couples would have to be the three most senior couples of the BRF:

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall
and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!

My favorites
1 Prince Philippe & Princess Mathilde
2 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
3 King Baudouin & Queen Fabiola
4 Princess Victoria & Prince Danile
5 Prince Joachim & Princess marie

William*Catherine
Frederick*Mary
Haakon*Mette-Marit
Charles*Camilla (isn't there relationship almost 40yrs old?)

Dead
George VI*Elizabeth
Nicholas*Alexandra(good for each other, bad for the country)
Albert*Victoria

William + catherine
Frederik + Mary
Willem Alexander + maxima
Elizabeth II + Phillip
Phillippe + mathilde
Victoria + Daniel
Haakon + mette Marit

King Abdullah and Queen Rania, they seems to be in love each other now like 20 years ago!

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall win hands down for me. They are so good together.

The Queen and Philip would be next because they are so like my parents.

Of the younger couples - William and Kate, Zara and Mike, Peter and Autumn - I would go for Zara and Mike because Mike plays my favourite sport (I have seen him play for England - I was there the night England defeated Australia to win the World Cup with Mike in the team). William and Kate are extremely boring with nothing going for them and Peter and Autumn are under the radar being Anne's kids which is what she wanted for them.

Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor
they were veyr nice Nice :wub:

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel
Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik
Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke of Edinburgh

I'd have to say CP Maxima CP Willem-Alexander.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom