Which Royal Would You Be?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutsy said:
I think "Splodger" has it right!. I think Monarchy in its modern constitutional form provides a dignified and disinterested face of government and a Sovereign who is wise and devoted to his/her role is an incalculable asset to a nation.
Also...it would be fun to see these narcissitci politicians with their big party apparatuses occasionally have to behave humbly and respectfully to someone who will be there after they're out of office.
Thank you Gutsy for your cocurence with my sentiments, what a wounderful world we would have if all leaders had the dignity, style, grace, honour and national symbolism to unite their people the way we would hope. However there was one other benefit of being Royal... I could marry Princess Madeline of Sweden :D (i will work out how to overcome any objection she might have over marrying me another time)

Having previously mentioned in Reasons to be Royal, how i would be a wounderful monarch :p, the worst part for me would then be... no retirement :eek:

Angel S. said:
1- assasination attempts
2- the paparazzi chasing you or trying to make you loose your temper.
3- can't vote or make any comments on politics.
4- can't say anything controversial even if you think it's the right thing.
5- You might have to change your religion.
6- Security has to go with you everywhere.
7- People will be jealous of you & may plot against you (courtiers etc).
8- you have to watch everything you say & do else the press will get ya.
9- You have to dress a certain way.
10- No more goth nights out.
11- every bad hair / skin day will be printed in the tabloids.
12- You have to smill all the time in public & be nice even if your feet hurt & you have a headache & PMS.
13- You work very hard to do a good job & appear like a good royal & some people are still not satisfied & never will be.
14- The pressure to marry well or have a baby right away.
15 - Having to dress up & wear a tiara even when you just want to be in bed in your PJ's.
16- Not having as much money as people think you do.
17- Always having to figure out what the "right thing" to do is.
18- After years of pushing yourself & being hard on yourself, you realize that mistakes happen & you'll never be perfect & having to live with that.

Yet with all that the one amazing thing about being a royal is that you have the opportunity to affect change on a global scale & to help people for the rest of your life. Some people can deal with all the things listed above for the chance to really make a difference.The chance to draw attention to charities & to meet important people & possibly influence them in a positive way. It's both a privilage and a very heavy cross to carry.
cudn't have said that better ;)

1- assasination attempts
2- the paparazzi chasing you or trying to make you loose your temper.
3- can't vote or make any comments on politics.
4- can't say anything controversial even if you think it's the right thing.
5- all the do's and don'ts from 0 age to 100.
6- Security has to go with you everywhere.
7- People will be jealous of you & may plot against you (courtiers etc).
8- you have to watch everything you say & do else the press will get ya.
9- You have to dress a certain way.
10- No more goth nights out.
11- every bad hair / skin day will be printed in the tabloids.
12- You have to smill all the time in public & be nice even if your feet hurt & you have a headache & PMS.
13- You work very hard to do a good job & appear like a good royal & some people are still not satisfied & never will be.
14- The pressure to marry well or have a baby right away.
15 - Having to dress up & wear a tiara even when you just want to be in bed in your PJ's.
16- Not having as much money as people think you do.
17- Always having to figure out what the "right thing" to do is.
18- After years of pushing yourself & being hard on yourself, you realize that mistakes happen & you'll never be perfect & having to live with that.

Yet with all that the one amazing thing about being a royal is that you have the opportunity to affect change on a global scale & to help people for the rest of your life. Some people can deal with all the things listed above for the chance to really make a difference.The chance to draw attention to charities & to meet important people & possibly influence them in a positive way. It's both a privilage and a very heavy cross to carry.

ITottally agree

i just dont think i could give up my freedom... if i was in love with a prince i still wouldnt... i would just end it

hillary_nugent said:
the palaces....*dreamy look* and the good clothes...hehehe and omg don't forget some of the good looking princes hahaha
:D yes lets not forget those princes ;)

Splodger said:
Thank you Gutsy for your cocurence with my sentiments, what a wounderful world we would have if all leaders had the dignity, style, grace, honour and national symbolism to unite their people the way we would hope. However there was one other benefit of being Royal... I could marry Princess Madeline of Sweden :D (i will work out how to overcome any objection she might have over marrying me another time)
My pleasure, Splodger...and as to Princess Madeleine..there is no more attractive unattached Royal in Europe...

I never would marry royalty because i coult not do the job i like , i work as a nurse. Oure family always lived in the neighbourhood of royalty ( we live in Apeldoorn, i always say we lived so close we can drink a cup of tea with princess Margriet and her family) I knew the sons of margriet very well, we used to play as little children together. When i see that Marilene can not walk with her childeren on the street because the photografers ar there to take pictures, i am glad to have a boyfriend who is a commoner.:D :D

Well I think that my purpose is here in the United States. I think there are so many opportunities here in the US that I would rather take advantage of than to become royal and to be just a figurehead. I would get quickly bored and woudl yearn to do somethign more powerful.

Becouse I´d be famous, and the paparazzis´ll follow me all time and the media and some people´ll critizate me in a bad way:mad: .And I´ll have to look always with a smile in my face, and really i´m not a "loving" person,sometimes i don´t even say "hi", but and i am like that couse i´m shy. :eek:
Then i might not eat a huge ice cream in public, i haven´t got "classy" for that:p .
I may take care of my looks: everyday brushing, well dressed, and´ll have to be slim for enter in those dresess! :p :cool:
The protocol!!! That is not nice!
I might learn a new lenguage and it could be hard.
And the main reason: i´m against monarchy so i´ll lie myself and the people wearing a tiara!:( And i´ll have to say the right thing and not what i really think.

I would lose my privacy.
People would constantly be judging me and my actions.
I can't slip out of the house in just my baggy sweat suits.

But then again, I could marry into a very private princely family!!!

Royalty is like dictatorship there is always going to be someone telling you what to do at all times like what to say, how to dress, and doing things that you do not want to do. And then you'd have to go through how to be a princess boot camp thing that would be so stressful. Another thing I wouldn't want to waste tax money on expensive ass clothes.

I would just end up being hella depresed and doing drugs or thoughts about killing myself.

michelleq said:
But then again, I could marry into a very private princely family!!!

That is a very good idea. I would not mind that or marrying a noble as long as our base was the US.

ALso I would not mind being a royal if I were the sovereign Queen-not consort. I could establish traditions that the family could follow, but I woudl try to make life a llittle easier for my family.

I wouldn't like to ask Parliament's permission to get married. Imagine how embarassing that would be.

-Loss of privacy (although how much of it I lose would probably depend on which family I married into)
-Worried about not fitting in with royals
-Being accused of gold digging/social climbing
-Might have to change religions
-Pressure to look a certain way all the time
-Having to maintain a certain schedule (I couldn't go and do whatever I want whenever I want)
-Having to ask government permission to get married
-The pressure to have a male child (again, this would depend on which family I married into)
-Having to appear happy all the time
-Afraid of being seen as a sort of traitor by other people in my country for marrying a foreigner and moving to their country (although the chance to see other parts of the world is something I would consider a plus to being royal)

I wouldn't want to be a royal because I don't like being the center of attention, and they get a lot of it.

So many reasons not to be royal!
The main reasons for me would be the loss of privacy and how the public would feel free to judge my every move or action in life or my children's lives.
I would hate to not be able to choose my own career path and couldn't handle people (advisors) telling me what to do. Not cool!

I don't like constantly being watched. I hate being photographed, so having people with cameras lurking about me would drive me crazy. I could never live with that dreadful protocol. I love my independence and privacy, so being royal would be a drag for me.

The TIARAS :rolleyes: . Real royal tiaras are just much better designed and better looking than anyone you buy at stores (especially those really tacky, cheap looking ones they sell for Prom in the US). Of course, if I were really rich, I could just get a royal-esque tiara made for me, but I don't think you can really pull off a majestic tiara unless you're royalty.

For share my opinion and help other people. As famous i could do good things for the country.

Then the most knowed: for wearing jewells and lovely outfits, drive expensive cars and go holidays!

humm...
1. royal duties consist mainly of travel, touring, and meeting world leaders (I would love it!)
2. the beautiful gowns and jewels
3. long and frequent vacations
4. is better than working at my current job
5. The shoes

Harry's polo shirt said:
humm...
1. royal duties consist mainly of travel, touring, and meeting world leaders (I would love it!)
2. the beautiful gowns and jewels
3. long and frequent vacations
4. is better than working at my current job
5. The shoes

Haha, I agree! =D

Losing some of my basic freedoms (right to privacy, right to vote, freedom of speech, freedon of religion, etc) by becoming royal certainly doesn't appeal to me. It'd be like entering into a gilded cage, but a cage none the less. The jewelry appeals to me though!:lol:

Loss of basic freedoms:
right to privacy
right to vote?
freedom of speech!
freedom of religion

Australian said:
Does becoming a royal appeal to everyone here? would you like to be royal? personally, i dont think i would because there would be too many restrictions on me. Personally, i would like to be an Oscar winner!!!
Yes,I would love to be a royal although I am aware that there are many restrictions but those restrictions are for my good,honour,dignity and pride in order to keep the good name of the family as royalty are higher than aristocracy and noble community.Besides that,I love the duties,clothes,everyting and anything that fits for a royal prince.

Although I think the lives of royals are very intriguing, the thought of actually being one is a no no in my opinion!!! I mean yes, there are some good points, but they are outweighed by the bad points.

I hate the thought of not being able to walk around freely without cameras in my face. :mad: I would hate not being able to quickly visit the shops looking a mess but not caring!
But the worst thing of all for me , the biggest chatterbox in the world, would be having to watch what I say and when I say it. With my friends I can say whatever I feel like- but I know that would be diffrent if I was a Royal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom