Family Resemblances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Queen and Princess Mary, Princess Royal looked alike definitely.

Princess Mary and Queen Mary were very alike. All the royal women who look like the Windsors side take from this line.

IMO the only ones who look like the Bowes Lyons are Andrew and Eugenie.

Charles has always been a bit of a generations back one (who ever that may be, be). Anne is a mix as is Edward.

The Queen herself between her mother and paternal grandmother (so many of the royal women share a resemblance to Mary: Zara, Anne, Louise, Isla).

Of the grandchildren Peter and Zara look like the Windsors side. Harry does look like Charles but mainly the Spencers. William looks like the Windsors (with a hint of Diana), Beatrice is Ferguson (apart from the eyes) and Eugenie the Bowes Lyon. James and Louise look like the Windsors.

Charles looks a lot like Philip's grandmother Victoria Milford Haven, oddly enough.

Harry looked almost identical to a redhaired version of Philip's father Andrea when he was young and still has a very strong resemblance.

William is a mix of the Spencer jaw, eyes + other genes with the Danish tall+blond+giant forehead from Philip's. I know he supposedly resembles the Windsors much more than when he was younger but it's really just losing all that hair and his face appearing differently. I have a hard time seeing any Windsor in him at all.

Louise is definitely a Windsor, but she's also Edward's clone in the same way Anne was Philip's.

James is a nice-looking kid, but he's made so little impression it's hard to say who he looks like, just that he seems to be different than his sister.

Last edited:
Charles looks a lot like Philip's grandmother Victoria Milford Haven, oddly enough.

Harry looked almost identical to a redhaired version of Philip's father Andrea when he was young and still has a very strong resemblance.

William is a mix of the Spencer jaw, eyes + other genes with the Danish tall+blond+giant forehead from Philip's. I know he supposedly resembles the Windsors much more than when he was younger but it's really just losing all that hair and his face appearing differently. I have a hard time seeing any Windsor in him at all.

Louise is definitely a Windsor, but she's also Edward's clone in the same way Anne was Philip's.

James is a nice-looking kid, but he's made so little impression it's hard to say who he looks like, just that he seems to be different than his sister.

Well then if that is who Charles looks like the. That is Harry’s resemblance to that side of the family too. He is like the Spencer’s otherwise. I don’t see a resemblance to Philip and his side. I don’t really see resemblance in any of them other then when they are a combination of both Elizabeth and Philip in looks.

William is tall like his mothers side. And he looks like Edward when not like the Spencer’s. So whoever Edward looks like.

Only in so far as this resembles Charles too: ears, close set eyes. I don’t really see it. And Harry is now 38. He isn’t aging to look like him.

Only in so far as this resembles Charles too: ears, close set eyes. I don’t really see it. And Harry is now 38. He isn’t aging to look like him.

I agree. Plus, I’ve always thought that Harry resembled the Spencers, especially his grandfather Johnny as a young man but without Johnny’s stockiness.

About the only physical resemblance I can see between Harry and his father are the close set blue eyes mentioned above by FigTree and the thin bridge of both men’s noses at the top.

And, to be honest I can’t see much of Prince Andrea in Harry either. I think Andrew had a rather high dome-like shaped head which Philip inherited but Harry doesn’t have at all.

Especially like the Kent family mentions, hadn't realized those, but indeed a lot of likeness with ancestors

There was a photo some years back of a grinning Harry and he looked just like Charles. And with Charlotte, she looks like William when she smiles with her teeth showing but like Catherine when she smiles with her mouth closed. I always saw Charlotte's resemblance to Lady Sarah Chatto as well.

Charlotte Casiraghi's two little boys Raphael Elmaleh and Balthazar Rassam look very much alike, even though they have different fathers.

And they both have Charlotte's ears!;)

:previous: Lady Elizabeth's smile and Princess Charlotte's smile are extremely identical.

Margaret and Antony's grandchildren:

Samuel: Samuel looks mostly like his mother Sarah. I do think there is a slight resemblance between him and Margaret. I think Samuel and Margaret have similar eyes. Samuel does not look very much like Antony.

Arthur: Arthur is a mix of his father Daniel and Sarah. Arthur slightly resembles Antony but does not look very much like Margaret.

Charles: Charles mostly looks like his father David and Antony. Charles does not look very much like Margaret.

Margarita: Margarita looks mostly like her mother Serena. I think Margarita does not resemble Margaret very much

Last edited:
Estelle looks like her mother Victoria and Oscar looks like Daniel

Princess Anne reminds me of her brother King Charles in this picture.
IMG-2942.jpg

You can see a resemblance to William there, too, especially around the mouth.

Elisabeth is a female version of Philippe
prinses_Elisabeth_-_koning_Filip_-_PN.jpg

I see a strong resemblance between Queen Louise of Sweden and her great-nephew and niece King Charles III and Princess Anne, Princess Royal.

I think Elizabeth has her mother, Queen Mathilde’s, nose.

I see a strong resemblance between Queen Louise of Sweden and her great-nephew and niece King Charles III and Princess Anne, Princess Royal.

If you look at old photos of Mary Princess Royal (the daughter of King George V and Queen Mary) there’s an extraordinary resemblance between herself and Anne, the present Princess Royal, especially when Mary was young. And Mary got her looks from her mother I think, while Anne has quite a few of the Battenberg/Mountbatten family’s characteristic looks. Among which apparently were huge teeth, which Queen Louise had in large measure. How genetics works is pretty wonderful!

I made this of King Charles and Queen Louise in November.

Attachments

• IMG_5006.jpg
    IMG_5006.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 28
I see a strong resemblance between Crown Prince Haakon and Queen Sonja. The same between King Harald and Princess Märtha Louise

I see a strong resemblance between Crown Prince Haakon and Queen Sonja. The same between King Harald and Princess Märtha Louise

ML also looks very much like her mother, just with lighter coloring.

Harald used to strongly favor his mom when he was a younger man, but somehow ended up looking more like his dad as he's aged.

I always wonder if Haakon has ever been tempted to have a mustache instead of the beard just to see how much he'd look like his namesake, although without the laser-blue eyes. (Although I have seen a picture of Prince Carl with a similar beard. Unsurprisingly, he looks like current-Haakon.)

And CP Haakon resembles with his great-grandpa Haakon VII

I think Elizabeth has her mother, Queen Mathilde’s, nose.
To me, it looks more like the typical Orleans-Coburg nose that many in the family have. Elisabeth, imo, resembles her paternal family, and has some features of her great-grandmother, Queen Astrid
, but the resemblance with Astrid was more evident until a few years ago
Her brother, Prince Gabriel, is the only one who really looks like his mother, Queen Mathilde, and also reminds me of his maternal grandfather, the late Count Patrick
Prince Emmanuel, on the other hand, is 100% a Coburg. He certainly looks like his father, his grandfather Albert and even his great-great-uncle Charles
The youngest, Princess Eleonore resembles very much her grandmother, Queen Paola and also a bit her father King Philippe

Back
Top Bottom