Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 2: April 2015 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letizia looks stunning in this outfit and the colour really does suit her.

Love everything... Not to be nitpicky but I think it would be even better if the shade of red were brighter, but indeed she looks lovely...

Wow, gorgeous dress. Queen Letizia looks stunning. :flowers:

While I do wish the French would go for white tie for their state banquets (I mean the country is the leader in haute couture, so why not go full out??), I think that the Queen looks tres magnifique!! She is stunning in her cocktail dress. Any shade of red looks fantastic on her.

Again a case of typical Varela, but now for a change, this is about the best he can do.

The dress is not very original and in fact reminds of quite a bunch of previous FV dresses, but hey, if you're going to do it, do it right. The colour and the shape do wonders for Leti and the detailing is muuuuch better than the ususal Varela's lace (it looks exquisite on close-ups, almost Eliesaab-esque http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/47...1g8IC3DRZgn2A7goii4wdtoqg8zYYLH2x6q81BARc/g== ). Just one complain: it looked too glittering on video. It looks great on pics, though.

The 20s hairstyle is super chic and helps a lot to the vintage look, red lips are always a winner on Letizia and the earrings are beautiful (that's becoming a rule on her lately). All in all this is a 10 out of 10 for me.

I love this dress on Letizia. The color and lace details are stunning.

I think she looks wonderful but I'm tired of the same thing repeated again and again from Varela. As crown princess she wore this same dress with black underneath. On its own, tonight, she looks lovely.

Several posts that complained about the same thing that has been complained about several times in the past few weeks have been removed, as they add little to this thread.

Just a reminder, we prefer comparisons between royal ladies NOT to be made.

Fabulous! Love the Bordeaux color and beading and the on trend full skirt, all which do wonders for her.hair and makeup perfect and those earrings for contrast perfect!

I think Letizia looks quite stunning. The gown is gorgeous and really plays to her femininity which, as such a petite woman, works to great effect.

Her hair was wonderful, her earrings definitely complimented the "look" and the dress was a flattering knee-length which allowed for a really feminine full-skirted flare and her shoes were perfect, giving her a very dainty air of fragility.

Since Letizia is absolutely not a clinging vine, damsel-in-distress type of woman, the effect is all the more striking.

Oh i love it and the makeup is perfect.Beautiful.

My alltime favourite colour...love this dress.

I think she looks wonderful but I'm tired of the same thing repeated again and again from Varela. As crown princess she wore this same dress with black underneath. On its own, tonight, she looks lovely.

yes, its the same style as these dresses:
https://i0.wp.com/media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ed/eb/88/edeb88532fca3bb2c0f9c519582a889d.jpg
https://i1.wp.com/media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/d9/fe/1f/d9fe1feec7214f73158ebed00c77269b.jpg
http://www.glamour.com/images/fashion/2014/09/queen-letizia-green-felipe-varela-dress-2013-h724.jpg

It's a very boring dress and we have seen the style so many times before, whats the use of a new dress is a very similar style to a few others she owns. The only thing about the outfit is that it's a lovely color for an evening dress.

This style compliments Queen Letizia perfectly. She should have many. Also she looks wonderful in the look of the pencil skirt. All retro back to 40s. I hope to see this style on her often as, like any of us should, dress in styles that flatter our figures. The outfit become part of us and we wear the clothes, they don't over take us. I don't find it boring at all. Boring is dressing for new "shock" value that tries to be so new and sophisticated but most times looks overly self-centered.

Gorgeous dress with gorgeous hairstyle on a gorgeous woman with a perfect posture. Letizia is great to watch, the spaniards can be proud of her.

Stunning. She does seem to wear a similar style dress, but she looks so good in it, I can see why.

The red/black combo is lovely on her.

It's a very boring dress and we have seen the style so many times before, whats the use of a new dress is a very similar style to a few others she owns. The only thing about the outfit is that it's a lovely color for an evening dress.

I don't find it boring in the least:flowers: Yes, she worn this style before, but if it works why not? She looks fabulous.

I don't find it boring in the least:flowers: Yes, she worn this style before, but if it works why not? She looks fabulous.

It indeed work for her but once you see the style over and over, to me it gets boring as there is nothing new in style but in color.

Formal Occasions

Several have remarked on the business suit/cocktail dress being worn at this occasion. Isn't it possible that is to make it more comfortable for those who are invited who may not own formal garb? I would imagine that not everyone invited to the dinner is rich or even well-to-do. Not every man owns (or wants to rent) a tuxedo, and not every woman owns a full-length gown. It's much more egalitarian to have functions at which a cross section of the populace can feel comfortable.

She looks glorious! This is a great example of "the total package"-hair, makeup, dress, shoes, accessories-matched to stunning overall effect. I love the neckline which really shows off her hairstyle.:flowers::flowers:

wow i thought Letizia was impressive with her beaded cocktail dress at the french dinner - one of her best looks of this year in my opinion. This style of dress works for her and i dont think she needs to change what works

I love the black dress. Very simple, elegant, and beautiful.

I'm bored with Letizia and her little black dresses,if she jazzed it up with accessories such as a bangle or a brooch it wouldn't look so puritan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom