Crown Princess Mary's Hats, Headwear and Hairstyles: March 2004 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her_Majesty said:
Oh yes I agree! I can imagine that shorter hair would suit Máxima or Letizia as well! Maybe we will see the 2 Princesses with shorter hair one day, too..

I don't think so, They are different, not because Mary cut her hair that other ones have to do it.

catango said:
I don't think so, They are different, not because Mary cut her hair that other ones have to do it.
I didn't say that!
I just said that I can Imagine that shorter hair would suit them, too! I didn't say that the others should cut their hair just because Mary did so!

Oh no! Why did she have to cut her hair????:sad: I loved her old hairstyle. She looks a bit like her sister-in-law now. I liked the old way better. Mary, please let your hair grow again!!!!

Yes, she still looks nice, but she still can do the short hairstyle when she is getting older. She still looks nice, but I prefer the long look. At least it´s interesting, we will see a lot of new styles.

Her_Majesty said:
Crown Princess Mary cut her hair very short:

See her new hairstyle here:
Short Hair 1
Short Hair 2

ppe

I really like her new hairdo! IMO it looks cute and suits her alot!
I heard that something in life changed when a woman decides to have a new hairdo: so maybe this is Mary's way to welcome the new baby. ;) :lol:
Finally a "do I like! I've long suspected that she would suit short hair and she looks much better. So much younger! I just wish she'd been a bit more daring and gone for a "choppy" style which would have looked slightly edgier. Ah well, one step at a time.....

Awful ... Why did she have her hair cut ????????!!
She looks so much older now . Unbelievable she is only 34 ...:shock: :ohmy:

I just posted that in the other thread:
I think the style itself is great.
But there is nothing you can do to have some variations. Unless you use a lot of fake hair pieces.
So no more elegant updos:sad:
I presume we all get tired of her looking the same all the time.
(And OT, I think that esp. Maxima always looks best with her great updos, even if she prefers her hair in a rather messy and unkempt open style, so I am a bit torn as to whether the haircutting should catch on or not))

I think Mary can still have up-do's. They just won't be as elaborate and big as before. They'll be smaller and maybe not even 'up'. I think her hair cut is cute, but it does make her look a little older. Maybe she cut it this short so that it's not so difficult to manage it. She does have a one year old and another on the way...this hair cut probably won't be so time consuming.

Oh my... I loved Mary's hair long. IMHO, the new cut it looks too business-like - suitable & sharp for some company's executive but the very fairytale Princess look is gone for now. I also disagree that it makes her look any younger.
Also, while this hairstyle might still look fairly nice during daytime, how will it look at night, especially trying to secure the ruby tiara? I agree with fee, I am going to miss those beautiful updos... CP Mary always looked great with elaborate updos at night-time engagments. I hope she'll reconsider...

When Mary had long hair she tried on many different hair-dos. It's going to be fun to see her experiment with her new hair.

Just because her hair is short does not mean it will always look the same. It is also possible to do new looks with short hair.

I agree that it'll be kind of fun to see what Mary can do with her new hair cut. Mathilde has rather short hair compared to other CPs and she still does interesting things with it. As long as Mary is happy with her new hairdo is really all that matters. I also imagine this will be easier when it comes to styling and what woman with kids doesn't want things to be a little easier.;)

I also think its a rather bold and daring move for Mary. There must be a lot of pressure for someone in her position to keep up with a certain look, so to have the guts to do something different helps someone like me connect with her. Maybe I'll even be inspired to cut my own hair!

I just thought of something...Didn't Alexandra have her hair similar to this awhile back? I think I remember seeing a pic of her and Joachim sitting on the stairs inside their home and she had a hairdo very similar to Mary's new do. It was some type of an official pic if I remember correctly.

I stay with open mouth.... i never especte she be habel to do something like that. But like i like suprises i JUST LOVE the new hair cut of mary. And yes i can't wait to see how she gona wear him with a dress or with a tiara. More suprise to come...eh eh eh eh!

My word, some of you sound like you don't think people with short hair do anything with it! I've had all lengths of hair in my life....short to its current length, somewhere in the middle of my back and when it was shorter, I did all types of things with it. She can use hair pieces if she wants, but I would imagine they'd just pin it back and up and it would give the illusion of longer hair.

Also, like someone else said, she's got a 1 year toddler and another on the way. She wanted a no-fuss, no-muss hairstyle it would appear and that's what she got. She can still look glamorous like this; hair doesn't necessarily make or break glamour.

Mary, Mary... what did you do to your hair?:ermm: ;)
I've always thought CP Mary is the best dressed crown princess in Europe, and I still think so. But I don't like her new haircut. She looks older in it. But maybe she just wanted to try somethink new, like most women... Long hair fits her and her style better although short hair makes her looking sophisticated.

Last edited:
I LOVE MARY'S HAIR.

She looks great.

i remember when i got my hair cut i was upset cause i had to cut it off for health issues, the next day when i went to school all my friends loved my new style.

some times its time for a change and i think she looks great.

I am gonna miss to see Mary's long hair up for evening engagements and dinners, but let's not totally loose faith in her : She wouldn't have cut her hair, if she wasn't sure she could anything with it, I mean there is a galadinner on monday night ! ;) I think she looks more serious and mature, with this hair, and I like it, but eummh ... I'm hoping her hair grows fast to a beautiful do, maybe even a better do than before ?:lol:

Maybe she'll do it like Ps Märtha-Louise. She used to have her hair short, but for the Danish and Spanish Weddings she wore very good faked hairpieces to look better with a Tiara. ;) :rolleyes:

I don´t like her knew haircut, i think it make´s her older.

She looks elegant but older. I do not like her new haircut.

I like her new hair cut. Very stylish.

I like Mary's haircut but I do miss the long hair. No worries, hair does grow back.

Is hideous!... She looks messy and her face looks round. Who on earth told her to do that!.... but well... is just hair

Is the baby due in the summer time of denmark?

I remember i had a friend who had a longer hair then mary and was finding it hard todo anything while she was pregnet all her hair was malting (which happens when your preggies) and she thought anough is anough and choped it all off and felt 10 times better.

maybe mary is having the same problem

I think that all changes are welcome!!! Mary looks nice with long hair, but if she doesn't change a bit, people get tired of her image!

She looks great with cut hair...she's beautifull in every way!!!

I think the combination of the bob and Mary's chubby chins and the fuller face is just beautiful. She is eatable with the new hair ! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom