The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 11-26-2022, 02:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJulie View Post
The end of the Royalty as we knew it, is gone. A new era is here. I believe slowly the Royal family will go by the way side. Time will tell but I am not seeing positive things from Charles.
Did you think he would hit the ground running>
He has been in the role for less than 3 months, a month of that in mourning. What did you expect as an opening gambit. ?
Sudden changes with titles, houses and people or what

They are a family and mourning the death of their mother not just the Queen.
Old 11-26-2022, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I think we'll see more of the "real" future of the RF next year after the coronation. For now I think they are simply "defaulting" to the late Queen's direction and methods both as a "tribute" but also as it gives everyone an idea of what to do and how to do it.
Old 11-26-2022, 03:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I think we'll see more of the "real" future of the RF next year after the coronation. For now I think they are simply "defaulting" to the late Queen's direction and methods both as a "tribute" but also as it gives everyone an idea of what to do and how to do it.
I wondered if we would start to hear of/ see changes in the early part of the year. Charles will have had time to set up his team behind the scenes as he now wants it to run, the family will be together over Christmas, allowing for the conversations to take place.
The Wales's will have had an opportunity to settle into their new role.

But I do think you are correct that we will see the real changes after the coronation.
Old 11-26-2022, 03:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I think we'll get some "drip drip drip" of new things after the Christmas break - inevitably decisions will be made by then and they will help change the momentum from "tribute to the late Queen" and more to "excitement and acceptance of something new" ready for the coronation.
Old 01-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Courtier

Latest YouGov poll:
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...er-spare-hits-

Full result (pdf)

Quote:
(...)
In fact, Prince Harry and wife Meghan are now so disliked by older Britons that their popularity ratings are worse than Prince Andrew’s among the over-65s. While 60% of the oldest generation have a “very” negative view of Prince Andrew, that rises to 69% for Meghan and 73% for Prince Harry.

Positivity scores for all other royal figures, and the institution of the monarchy in general, remain effectively the same, with the exception of Camilla, who has seen a four-point decrease in the number holding a positive view of her (to 46%).

Nevertheless, the popularity of Prince William and wife Catherine is down over the longer term, with their figures the lowest recorded to date.

All the royal rowing means that Princess Anne – who has escaped the drama – is now the most popular major royal in the UK. Seven in ten hold a positive view of her (72%), and while this is a similar figure to Prince William (70%) and Catherine (68%), she is disliked by fewer people, giving her a higher net score of +59 to the Prince of Wales’s +49 and the Princess of Wales’s +50.

(...)
I wonder why they never include Sophie in their poll.
Old 01-13-2023, 08:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Yeah but I get how it looks too. They all have multiple ginormous homes they barley live in. The Queen was able to distribute the properties, Charles will have a harder time making that look good.

That is just the issues with a modern monarchy. They will figure it out.
But not all the properties are lived in or used by royals, some real estate are privately rented or leased by private individuals. The real estate is just part of the parcel of the monarchy, see Spain, prior to the exiles of the royal family, they used to have much wealth and property but lost them because of the exiles they experienced and even now the Spanish monarchy isn’t the wealthiest but people still complain.
Old 01-13-2023, 10:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post
I wonder why they never include Sophie in their poll.
Maybe there are too many 'don't know' answers for her because unless you follow the BRF, you wouldn't come across her much in the national media.
Old 01-13-2023, 10:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
Maybe there are too many 'don't know' answers for her because unless you follow the BRF, you wouldn't come across her much in the national media.
But you could also say that about Prince Edward, couldn’t you? In fact even more so.

And if you YouGov are going to continually include non working royals like the Sussexes in this polling, a couple who don’t even live in Britain any more, then surely all the non working royals should be included, such as Andrew’s daughters for instance. Why not just restrict these polls to the nine or ten individuals (if elderly royals like the Gloucesters and Kents are included) who are actually on the royal roster at this time?
Old 01-13-2023, 12:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJulie View Post
The end of the Royalty as we knew it, is gone. A new era is here. I believe slowly the Royal family will go by the way side. Time will tell but I am not seeing positive things from Charles.
What has he done so far that is so much different from his mother ?

I have only seen a family continuing with business as usual and that’s how i expect it to continue…
Old 01-13-2023, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post

Full result (pdf)

So 6 in 10 have a positive view of The King. That's very encouraging.
Old 01-13-2023, 04:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
What has he done so far that is so much different from his mother ?

I have only seen a family continuing with business as usual and that’s how i expect it to continue…

Exactly,and nothing less then that!If people fail to see anything positive then they should either get new lenses or a better newspaper.

Tags
camilla parker bowles, camilla parker-bowles, camilla's family