British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bagshot is further from Windsor than Royal Lodge but we rarely see the Queen with Andrew or the Yorks yet there are reports that they also visit ... often on a Sunday afternoon.

The Prince of Wales as new Royal Visitor of the Royal College of Art made a tour of the Battersea campus before attending a reception for supporters and staff at the Royal College of Art, Dyson Building today, November 20. The Earl of Snowdon was present as well:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
:previous: Nice to see that Lady Sarah Chatto was present too. Was the event at Ascot in honour of Prince Charles's birthday?

It is an annual event for The Prince's Countryside Fund. It is the largest fundraiser for this charitable endeavour which promotes the countryside skills etc.

As his birthday was a week ago they also celebrated that event but it wasn't specifically a 'birthday event'.

It is an annual event for The Prince's Countryside Fund. It is the largest fundraiser for this charitable endeavour which promotes the countryside skills etc.

Ah OK, thank you.

As his birthday was a week ago they also celebrated that event but it wasn't specifically a 'birthday event'.

Well I wasn't in the know; so that's why I referred to it as a birthday event. No harm done!

Do we have a date for the Diplomatic Reception this year?

Tomorrow evening at Buckingham Palace.

Does this mean William and Catherine won't be attending?
Because Kensington Palace announced that they will host a Christmas party supported by @PoppyLegion in London for families and children of deployed personnel from RAF Coningsby and RAF Marham serving in Cyprus.

Based upon the announcement from KP, the London event is scheduled for Tues. 12/4/18 and the Cyprus event is the following day 12/5/18 so it is possible for them to attend the Diplomatic Reception.

On 4th December, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will host a Christmas party supported by @PoppyLegion in London for families and children of deployed personnel from RAF Coningsby and RAF Marham serving in Cyprus.

On 5th December The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will fly to RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus to meet with Serving personnel, families living on the base, wider station personnel and members of the local community.

Does this mean William and Catherine won't be attending?
Because Kensington Palace announced that they will host a Christmas party supported by @PoppyLegion in London for families and children of deployed personnel from RAF Coningsby and RAF Marham serving in Cyprus.

I think they will be there. The Diplomatic reception will be in the evening. The next day they go to Cyprus.

Yup - the flight is 5 hours and the Diary says they will depart on the 5th. It will make for a long couple of days for them.

Any pictures of arrivals to the Diplomatic Reception yet?

One of Catherine on Twitter. So should get posted soon.

I know!! Everyone on Twitter is flipping out! LOL Some nice pics of the Cambridges.

LaRae

OMG! Buckingham Palace allowed a photographer to cover the Diplomatic Corps Reception-
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...oins-William-Queens-Diplomatic-Reception.html

That's a very nice end of year gift from Her Majesty to all of us!

And lovely as the photos are, the DM can't help making sure that they hit their daily dose of incorrect information and wild speculation: the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara did not belong to Diana, like Kate it was loaned to her by the Queen. And how on earth would the DM know that Kate wears it for sentimental reasons?

I, too, cringe when I read anywhere that Kate is wearing Diana's tiara. I think basically its because most people can and do identify the Lover's Knot tiara with Diana as she wore it so beautifully. Now it seems to be on a lifetime loan to Kate as it was for her mother-in-law.

As for the sentimentality of Kate wearing it, no one can really know but I would imagine that it warms William's heart to see the woman he loves wearing something that he remembers the other woman he loved so much wearing. I believe that William, himself, is sentimental about this. Back in 2010 when William and Kate became engaged, he said this about the engagement ring. "[Kate's engagement ring is] my mother's engagement ring, so I thought it was quite nice because obviously, she's not going to be around to share any of the fun and excitement of it all — this was my way of keeping her close to it all."

I’m glad they allowed pictures. Everyone looks nice.

What a surprise to have photos we normally just get a glimpse of them on they way in1

A rota photographer was allowed in for the first time, lovely to see full length shots.

I too am shocked they allowed photos. Great for us. I love Her Majesties gown. The Lovers Knot tiara looks good on Kate and she seems to like wearing it. It really suits her.

Off-topic comments about Kate's weight have been deleted.

The photos are great - showing many different styles worn by the women attending.
The Queen looks beautiful. Her gown details the warm but elegant lace perfectly. She is so energetic still.

Camilla wore her usual Court outfit, but The Queen looked amazing. I mean, the royal Women of Windsor just dazzled tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom