The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-14-2018, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't like it.
Who wants to look at people's backs?
I suppose it is meant to be artistic, but it doesn't appeal to me.

Old 12-14-2018, 10:17 AM
Courtier

What a beautiful photo to wake up to! This really is, hands down, my favorite picture to date of the Cambridge Five.

Old 12-14-2018, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Just occurred to me. They REALLY love Frogmore. We got engagement photos from Frogmore this time last year. Now we have Christmas card with photo at Frogmore. I'm betting it's still Frogmore with Baby Sussex next year.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:53 AM
Nobility

Beautiful photo. It really does capture what an amazing journey these two have been on. I agree with you, jacqui. Next year will be the baby, the dogs, and Frogmore Cottage. Cannot wait!
Old 12-14-2018, 11:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

George in long pants beautiful photo
Old 12-14-2018, 11:30 AM
Courtier

This is a lovely, magical photo from this couple's wedding celebrations. It seems like one that is framed and on prominent display in their home.

But I feel they've missed the occasion. Christmas cards are warm greetings to family and friends. This looks more like an artistic photo from a magazine spread-- lovely for its own purpose, but not this one. I felt a similar way about the engagement photo.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Just occurred to me. They REALLY love Frogmore. We got engagement photos from Frogmore this time last year. Now we have Christmas card with photo at Frogmore. I'm betting it's still Frogmore with Baby Sussex next year.
Yeah Frogmore is clearly important to them. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the family of three in the gardens next year. It is no surprise they want to raise their family there.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
This is a lovely, magical photo from this couple's wedding celebrations. It seems like one that is framed and on prominent display in their home.

But I feel they've missed the occasion. Christmas cards are warm greetings to family and friends. This looks more like an artistic photo from a magazine spread-- lovely for its own purpose, but not this one. I felt a similar way about the engagement photo.
Perfectly stated. It's a lovely photo and one that absolutely should be prominently displayed in their home but I agree with you that it's more of an artistic, magazine spread type photo than a holiday card photo. I'd also agree with you about the engagement photo(s). Here's hoping that next year's card is a warm family shot.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:46 AM
Majesty

It’s an ok pic but not really my cup of tea. Reminds me of Meghan and Trevor’s wedding invitation photo. They had their backs to the camera as well.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I'm glad I'm not the one thinking that. For me christmas cards should be warm and colorful and jolly. Prince Charles is usually great at that and I can't remember one christmas card of his that I didn't like.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

You hit the nail on the head with this statement. Great photo but not for Christmas. Their "thank you" cards were more personable than this on.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
George in long pants beautiful photo
I guess that George didn't wear long pants, I guess it was short pants with tights as Louis does.

Louis is a little charmer and you can see that Charlotte is daddys little girl. George seems to train for ballet or marital arts. So cute.

William and Catherine are doing a great job as parents.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I actually thought it was quite festive.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:05 PM
Royal Highness

I did too! The couple choose to share a private moment from their very private wedding reception.

Other than this photo, we aren't going to see anything else of their private reception so I'm glad that we were given this insight.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think this couple is going to be even more private than the Cambridges when it comes to their family life.

LaRae
Old 12-14-2018, 01:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are pleased to share a new photograph of their family. The photograph, taken by Matt Porteous, shows The Duke and Duchess with their three children at Anmer Hall, and features on Their Royal Highnesses’ Christmas card this year."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuX0qYvW0AAkP2O.jpg
Great picture! And George is at an age that he is allowed to wear long trousers Baby Louis is supposed to wear shorts for the next few years (including on this picture)...
Old 12-14-2018, 02:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Great picture! And George is at an age that he is allowed to wear long trousers Baby Louis is supposed to wear shorts for the next few years (including on this picture)...
Thank goodness! I think they tortured the boy long enough,

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-14-2018, 02:19 PM
Nobility

I really love that all the photos released by the Sussexes so far have all been at frogmore estate.

At the time of the engagement and wedding we heard the couple has a special connection to windsor and frogmore and that they spent a lot of time in that area but it's photos like this that really give us an insight into the deep love and connection they have to the area.

Seeing that connection, I can't wait to see the future pictures of the Sussex family at frogmore as the children grown older.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Already? He's only 5 years old, I thought the shorts period was longer than that.
Old 12-14-2018, 03:06 PM
Gentry

This is a beautiful photo, much better than last year.

Tags
christmas