The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1721  
Old 12-25-2017, 09:41 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
It wouldn't greatly surprise me if Andrew and Sarah remarry after Phillip passes.


LaRae
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1722  
Old 12-25-2017, 09:42 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,993
Let's stay on topic and in the present...not what will happen when Phillip passes.
__________________

__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #1723  
Old 12-25-2017, 10:04 PM
Leopoldine's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Interesting. Can you provide the source for this information, please?
It might have been Brian Hoey's book, or the Bedell Smith book. Prob. the Hoey book, all so detailed about arrangements.

But yes, Charles was really upset as a single man, (after Diana died) he didn't get allotted his preferred number of rooms because he was officially Single, and Edward and Sophie got his and Diana's old rooms and he was shunted into the bachelor corridor. He was really pissed off about that.
Reply With Quote
  #1724  
Old 12-25-2017, 10:13 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,764
Not the place to speculate about such things but one thing I've learned in life is to never say never.

I do believe that Sarah has stayed on the Sandringham estate for the Christmas holidays at Wood Farm so it would be easier on her daughters to spend time with all the members of their family. Sarah, still, does visit the Queen at Balmoral during her summer stay there. She's not as much of a outcast as she's made out to be.

The Yorks remain very close as a family unit and there's not many divorced couples that can say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
It might have been Brian Hoey's book, or the Bedell Smith book. Prob. the Hoey book, all so detailed about arrangements.

But yes, Charles was really upset as a single man, (after Diana died) he didn't get allotted his preferred number of rooms because he was officially Single, and Edward and Sophie got his and Diana's old rooms and he was shunted into the bachelor corridor. He was really pissed off about that.
It wasn't Bedell-Smith's. I have it and didn't read it in there. Its not really that earth shaking either. Charles is and always will be a perfectionist that likes things a certain way and everything in its place. Except for his study. I hear its a glorified mess in there and if anyone cleaned it up, he'd never find anything again. Sounds like my computer area.

BTW: Thanks for mentioning Brian Hoey. I don't have anything by him yet and just found a few for my January book order.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #1725  
Old 12-25-2017, 10:25 PM
Leopoldine's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 866
If HM was as fond of Sarah Ferguson as we have been told these last many years, there would have been photos. HM knows the power of photos, and there's nothing. Nothing! Zippo. Nothing. No Honors for charity work, no family jewelry, no invites, no ... nothing, only unhappy damaged daughters and worried charity workers.
Reply With Quote
  #1726  
Old 12-25-2017, 10:29 PM
Panther2000's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
I actually think attending three church services in two days sends a more important message than what kind of shoes one wears, but then I’m religious and don’t consider Christmas a fashion show.
Not a fashion show right, but respect.

People go to work Everyday, and still go dressed accordingly.

As for being religious, i get that. Grew up in the church. 3 days a week, and on sundays from 8am untill 3 pm. Then, back for evening service at 6 to 8pm.
Reply With Quote
  #1727  
Old 12-25-2017, 10:35 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 4,112
I’m having a hard time seeing how wearing sneakers to church when you have to walk a quarter mile to the church is a disrespect to church or God...
Reply With Quote
  #1728  
Old 12-25-2017, 10:37 PM
Leopoldine's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 866
Since Fergie is not part of the visible Sandringham Christmas contingent, I think that means she's not invited to the wedding. And, Beatrice and Eugenie looking so horrible today on the walk to church, you have to wonder, were they sending another bad-hat message?
Reply With Quote
  #1729  
Old 12-25-2017, 10:51 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I’m having a hard time seeing how wearing sneakers to church when you have to walk a quarter mile to the church is a disrespect to church or God...
Yeah I think everyone should be modest and respectful in Church (I won't even go into the travesty in clothing I've seen)...but I do believe you can still worship God (and be respectful) in sneakers!



LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #1730  
Old 12-25-2017, 11:17 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
If HM was as fond of Sarah Ferguson as we have been told these last many years, there would have been photos. HM knows the power of photos, and there's nothing. Nothing! Zippo. Nothing. No Honors for charity work, no family jewelry, no invites, no ... nothing, only unhappy damaged daughters and worried charity workers.
The reason there's no photos of any visits by Sarah to the Balmoral estate is the same reason why we don't know things about the Christmas arrivals at Sandringham this year as was discussed up threads. Photos of the family when they're on their private estates are prohibited.

Then again, I don't see the York princesses as "damaged" at all. They are grown women that happily visited their grandmother over this Christmas holiday and to me, have the best of both worlds. They're part of the royal family yet they're also private citizens to do as they please.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #1731  
Old 12-25-2017, 11:22 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Peterborough, Canada
Posts: 176
In my opinion, the Duchess of Cambridge looked relaxed, happy and healthy. Her coat and hat were classics. Meghan looked great too. The Duchess of Cornwall looked tired and drawn, even if her outfit was bright and cheerful. The Countess of Wessex looked completely out of place in her outfit. It's too bad that their Christmas church attendance has become a bit of a dog and pony show--attending church is meant to be a spiritual experience. People like us focus more at what they are wearing and less on what they are doing. I guess it is all part of being visible to the nation, but the press attention at these times feels a little voyeuristic to me.
Reply With Quote
  #1732  
Old 12-25-2017, 11:24 PM
Leopoldine's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The reason there's no photos of any visits by Sarah to the Balmoral estate is the same reason why we don't know things about the Christmas arrivals at Sandringham this year as was discussed up threads. Photos of the family when they're on their private estates are prohibited.

Then again, I don't see the York princesses as "damaged" at all. They are grown women that happily visited their grandmother over this Christmas holiday and to me, have the best of both worlds. They're part of the royal family yet they're also private citizens to do as they please.
Osipi, the point is, we DO see pics of Fergie going to Balmoral. She is always photographed in Aberdeen getting into a car for Balmoral. These visits are always documented in the press. I don't think it is HM's press people tipping off the photographers.

Her daughters are in a tough spot. Nuff said.
Reply With Quote
  #1733  
Old 12-25-2017, 11:26 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 4,112
What does Sarah’s presence, or lack of a presence, have to do with the British Royal Christmas?
Reply With Quote
  #1734  
Old 12-25-2017, 11:41 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,993
Exactly....Sarah is not at the Royal Christmas so I don't understand why we are so focused on her. Isn't there enough to discuss?

And really...the arm chair psychiatry needs to stop...damaged daughters?

Additional off topic posts will be deleted without noticed.

Let's stay on topic.
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #1735  
Old 12-25-2017, 11:44 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Still. It sends a message. Not ready for prime time. @sneakersatsandringham
Not at all, just another unjustified criticism of a young woman.
Reply With Quote
  #1736  
Old 12-26-2017, 02:02 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2000 View Post
Not a fashion show right, but respect.

People go to work Everyday, and still go dressed accordingly.

As for being religious, i get that. Grew up in the church. 3 days a week, and on sundays from 8am untill 3 pm. Then, back for evening service at 6 to 8pm.
She was dressed accordingly. Just not to your standards. There was nothing immodest, or unseeming about her outfit. She wasn't in ripped clothes, showing skin or anything else wrong. She made the Walk to church, which is not a short jaunt across the road. If she chose to wear more comfortable trainers to make the earlier walk, good on her.

I see no reason to mention how often you attend. Its no competition who is the better church goer.


As for Sarah or anyone else being there or not....they find a great balance. The only new editions I'd think possible when Charles is king, would be his stepchildren and their families. I don't see him allowing Sarah to join, even after his father passes, unless Andrew remarries. It would be nice if Camilla's kids were included, but I don't think they will. The division will be maintained likely, and Camilla will likely continue as she does. Or perhaps they will stay at Wood farm, and be part of the private celebrations but not the church walk.

Even royals have in laws. It makes sense that they all take time to be with the other side of the family. Harry and Meghan may be like Peter and Autumn in years to come. They may spend an extra day or two, since her family isn't close (and perhaps visit after). They are all together for the two major days, and spend time together (as well as Christmas lunch). And then they go their own way. Pretty common in most families. Our family had a big dinner tonight with all the individual families together (extended). The core families all had their own breakfast and events prior.

Seems Meghan got over her nerves and did well enough. Charles seemed to join in a bit with them. She seems to be easing into the family well.

The queen's speech was moving
Reply With Quote
  #1737  
Old 12-26-2017, 02:11 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
She was dressed accordingly. Just not to your standards. There was nothing immodest, or unseeming about her outfit. She wasn't in ripped clothes, showing skin or anything else wrong. She made the Walk to church, which is not a short jaunt across the road. If she chose to wear more comfortable trainers to make the earlier walk, good on her.

I see no reason to mention how often you attend. Its no competition who is the better church goer.


As for Sarah or anyone else being there or not....they find a great balance. The only new editions I'd think possible when Charles is king, would be his stepchildren and their families. I don't see him allowing Sarah to join, even after his father passes, unless Andrew remarries. It would be nice if Camilla's kids were included, but I don't think they will. The division will be maintained likely, and Camilla will likely continue as she does. Or perhaps they will stay at Wood farm, and be part of the private celebrations but not the church walk.
I think you might be right about Camilla’s kids. Another reason for them not to do the church walk is they are raised Roman Catholic, if memories serve me correctly. Andrew Parker Bowles and Camilla even married in Catholic Church.
Reply With Quote
  #1738  
Old 12-26-2017, 02:31 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I think you might be right about Camilla’s kids. Another reason for them not to do the church walk is they are raised Roman Catholic, if memories serve me correctly. Andrew Parker Bowles and Camilla even married in Catholic Church.
Doesn't rule them out attending.

I certainly attend other services with my family. And I felt at home enough in Anglican service when I lived in the UK. My father's family is RC which I was raised, but my mother's family is a mix of protestant. I often attend Christmas eve with my cousin and her kids at the Alliance church. I don't think Camilla's kids would be out of place attending service at the Anglican church with the family if they chose.

That said, I do think Charles will continue the PUBLIC separation between the two families. But in private I think we may see Camilla's family incorporated a bit more. Well not see, as no photos in private estate.
Reply With Quote
  #1739  
Old 12-26-2017, 05:21 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,688
Recent discussion on race has been moved to the new thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ism-44086.html
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
Reply With Quote
  #1740  
Old 12-26-2017, 09:50 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alexandria, United States
Posts: 423
I don't think the York Princesses' outfits and hats were terrible. In fact, I think they were on the same level as Meghan's, which was honestly not all that but people are just overhyping what she wore.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
christmas


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
america american archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian birth britain britannia british royal family camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china chinese clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries coronation customs daisy doge of venice dresses duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex elizabeth ii family life family tree fashion and style gemstones genetics george vi gradenigo hello! henry viii highgrove history hochberg house of windsor japanese imperial family jewellery king juan carlos książ castle liechtenstein line of succession list of rulers medical monarchist movements monarchists mongolia mountbatten nara period plantinum jubilee politics portugal prince harry queen elizabeth ii queen louise queen victoria royal ancestry solomon j solomon spanish royal family suthida thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×