The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-25-2017, 12:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Or they just greet her just like you and me. As can be read in the FAQ on the very own website of the British monarchy: any form of greeting is okay, there is no any obligation, people who feel the urge to sink through their knees can do so. People who stand upright and greet the Queen with a little nod, or with "Good Morning, Ma'am": all perfectly okay by all members of the royal family.

Yeah, sure.

Old 12-25-2017, 01:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are there any pictures of the very hunky Chatto son?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-25-2017, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...arkle?type=raw

I notice that Kate and Meghan are quite chatty leaving the Church.

LaRae
Old 12-25-2017, 01:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
I noticed that, too. All four of the 'kids' looked to be enjoying being together. Perhaps they sat up late last night, dishing over the other royals at the formal dinner! I'm sure it's very nice for Kate to have a contemporary in the family, and no doubt Meghan feels comfortable with Kate. Of course, I may just be projecting my feelings about my own sister-in-law.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-25-2017, 01:28 PM
Aristocracy

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Kate and Meghan look like friendly sisters-in-law.

Meghan's hat looked lovely.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Queen and members of the RF arrive for the annual Christmas morning Service at Sandringham.

Old 12-25-2017, 01:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
That's not true. Always been the Countess of Wessex until now.
Zara (at 8 months pregnant) rode with HM in 2013.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

I watched the body language and Meghan seems pretty relaxed and comfortable with the core group (haven't seen her interact with the others yet) and fairly sure and comfortable with her surroundings. There might of been a couple times she looked around trying to get her bearings it seemed and Harry was quick to say something a couple times.

Seems like it's all going very smoothly.

LaRae
Old 12-25-2017, 01:53 PM
Aristocracy

Meghan looked a bit uncomfortable at the beginning, especially around Camilla and Anne.

But she looked great at St Mary's church.

I wonder what is for dinner at Sandringham?
Old 12-25-2017, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

The "Fab Four" as they been called seem pretty tight. It was nice seeing the 3 of them guilding Meghan. I think she and Kate will be good friends. Also Kate has never seemed happier. She has to be glad the pressure is off her some and she has someone to bounce things off with. Harry was lonely but I think she was too. William was the one set up with a significant other and a confidant/friend to experience it with. Now they all have that.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
The "Fab Four" as they been called seem pretty tight. It was nice seeing the 3 of them guilding Meghan. I think she and Kate will be good friends. Also Kate has never seemed happier. She has to be glad the pressure is off her some and she has someone to bounce things off with. Harry was lonely but I think she was too. William was the one set up with a significant other and a confidant/friend to experience it with. Now they all have that.
I think you're right. Kate is probably glad to have someone to share the spotlight (and sartorial criticism) with.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

You can kinda tell a couple times she's thinking about what she's doing (when they lined up on the steps) ..she hasn't got that routine down of course. That will come with time. She's still feeling her way as to where she's supposed to be when etc.

Coming own the steps she's talking to Kate/William and Harry is pointing and talking to her but she's not turned his way..then he leans and says something, she turns and you can see her saying yes. WE NEED LIP READERS!! LOL

LaRae
Old 12-25-2017, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

LaRae
I thought they all were? Even Charles joined in before he caught up with Camilla. I enjoyed the interaction between the Wales branch.

Quote:
You can kinda tell a couple times she's thinking about what she's doing (when they lined up on the steps) ..she hasn't got that routine down of course. That will come with time. She's still feeling her way as to where she's supposed to be when etc.

Coming own the steps she's talking to Kate/William and Harry is pointing and talking to her but she's not turned his way..then he leans and says something, she turns and you can see her saying yes. WE NEED LIP READERS!! LOL

LaRae
I do think there is more of a system when they walk out as opposed to when they walked in? Otherwise, it’s too much of a coincidence for them four to end up at the bottom of the stairs while everyone else other than HMQ, Prince Phillip, Charles and Camilla walking behind them. We saw how it was when they walked in.

It seemed that Hary was discussing the crowd and game plan for the brief walk about with her on the steps pointing to the left and right. But she seems to have the where to stand and when to curtsy thing down. She definitely knew it was coming and just waiting for the moment she should curtsy. She was keeping an eye out while paying attention to whoever was talking to them on the other side.
Old 12-25-2017, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

LaRae
He says now at one point so I think he was reminding her about the curtesy and pointing to the direction of the walk about. That's my guess.
Old 12-25-2017, 02:15 PM
Courtier

Serena Countess of Snowdon looks lovely. I think Serena and Autumn Phillips are my favorites as far as royal style goes ... after HM of course.
Old 12-25-2017, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Zara (at 8 months pregnant) rode with HM in 2013.
With all due respect i would hardly call it "taking turn".
The fact is there was a change this year with the usual "protocol" with the shared car with the Queen.
Who knows maybe Camilla was feeling unwell (but she did walk to the church in the morning), the Queen wanted a girly chichat or as pointed out Sophie wanted to walk with the kids ...
Anyway it was a nice sight to see the two most senior royal ladies together ...
Old 12-25-2017, 02:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Will a due respect i would hardly call it "taking turn".
The fact is there was a change this year with the usual "protocol" with the shared car with the Queen.
Who knows maybe Camilla was feeling unwell (but she did walk to the church in the morning), the Queen wanted a girly chichat or as pointed out Sophie wanted to walk with the kids ...
Anyway it was a nice sight to see the two most senior royal ladies together ...
I didn't call it "taking a turn". I pointed out that, contrary to your assertion, it has not "always" been the CoW.
Old 12-25-2017, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
That's not true. Always been the Countess of Wessex until now.
Right, but I’m just pointing out that they’re taking turns. The Countess of Wessex rode with The Queen yesterday. Today, it was Camilla. It’s just companion riding.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-25-2017, 02:36 PM
Royal Highness

Major Nana Kofi Twumasi-Ankrah, the royal household's first black equerry
Members of the Royal Family Attend St Mary Magdalene Church in Sandringham - Zimbio
Old 12-25-2017, 02:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
The "Fab Four" as they been called seem pretty tight. It was nice seeing the 3 of them guilding Meghan. I think she and Kate will be good friends
I've never heard of the usage "Fab Four" before but I do think they seem tight. I'm happy that Harry finally has a companion and isn't just a third wheel or lone wolf of the Wales branch.

Tags
christmas