The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-24-2017, 09:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Neither were Charles and Camilla. Does anyone know when they were all supposed to arrive? I know they arrive at their own scheduled time with Charles and Camilla arriving last.
My guess is they 'snuck in' under radar at some point...could of been late. I don't think they usually publicize when they will arrive.

LaRae

Old 12-24-2017, 09:35 PM
Majesty

Seeing the royals today is unusual (once every 6 years-ish?) because Christmas Eve is a Sunday. So this is not the norm.

Anmer has it's own Parish Church so I wouldn't expect the Cambridges to be here, and Charles and Camilla might be at Wood Farm and if so, they wouldn't attend here either.

Or, of course, I'm completely wrong and they are all sitting at home with a Box set of Star Wars and large tub of Quality Street!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-24-2017, 09:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well it's almost 3 am there now I think? Here it's not quite 9 pm. I think it was (last night for them) they have the formal dinner.

LaRae
Old 12-24-2017, 09:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
My guess is they 'snuck in' under radar at some point...could of been late. I don't think they usually publicize when they will arrive.

LaRae
I think someone said before that the press has been banned from taking photos of the family on the Estate after some unflattering photos of the Queen and Prince Edward came out. So the only time we get photos now are from the walk to church.
Old 12-24-2017, 09:55 PM
Majesty

No photographs are allowed to be taken on the estate

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-24-2017, 10:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think the Wales branch arrived at Sandringham late. So they will make their big family debut at church tomorrow.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-24-2017, 10:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't think we're ever really going to get a clue as to the comings and goings on the Sandringham estates other than what we are told in official releases and perhaps in some biographies. I kind of like it that they are able to enjoy their holiday in private and peacefully. We are just fortunate that the walk to church and photos from that are a tradition.
Old 12-24-2017, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
No photographs are allowed to be taken on the estate
That seems reasonable. It is a private home and photographers would be trespassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think the Wales branch arrived at Sandringham late. So they will make their big family debut at church tomorrow.
I think the Cambridges have probably been at Anmer for a couple days. I'm sure they all went to the main house for Christmas Eve and will go over again for the church walk and then lunch.
Old 12-24-2017, 10:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think what Dman means is that they'll make their *public* family debut walking to church Christmas morning where Harry and Meghan are concerned.

They all most certainly were at the Christmas Eve formal dinner. We just don't get any information about that whatsoever.
Old 12-24-2017, 10:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
They all most certainly were at the Christmas Eve formal dinner. We just don't get any information about that whatsoever.
I would love to be able to see some pictures of that. I have heard the women wear tiaras. If that is true, would Meghan have worn one? I am thinking not because isn't the tradition that unmarried women don't wear them?
Old 12-24-2017, 10:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think it's ever been confirmed about the tiaras. Most sources I've seen say no tiaras.

LaRae
Old 12-24-2017, 11:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think what Dman means is that they'll make their *public* family debut walking to church Christmas morning where Harry and Meghan are concerned.

I agree with what you say here. And I agree with Dman that they'll be with the family for the Christmas walk.

I just think the fact the Cambridges have their own house there means they don't actually "arrive at Sandringham", they just go over for events and stay at their own home. I guess it is word choice and interpretation.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes between Anmer and Wood farm, the Cambridges and Wales don't really 'arrive' at Sandringham. They could have been there for some time. It is a question of where Harry and Meghan are. Harry usually stays at the main home but I wonder if he will this year. It may be more comfortable, as Meghan gets used to her new family, for them to stay at wood farm. Would give her a chance to know Charles better, and there would be a bit more space. At the main house they have been falling over each other the past few years.

If they didn't plan to make the church walk tomorrow, not sure Harry and Meghan would have confirmed Christmas plans. There would have been no need to let us know. Be interesting to see her among the others. At least she has met them a few days ago so less nerves for her this time.

The extended family gets together for the big lunch because Sandringham is small. It is said that that they have to use servant courters at times there. It is why Windsor has been used at times in the past, much larger. The Kents and Gloucesters will be home with their own families.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Did Prince Philip take over Wood Farm? Or would he be staying at the main house during the time family is at Sandringham, and thus making Wood Farm available?

Yea, I don't think they would've made that statement if she wasn't going to do the walk Christmas morning. Given that no photography is allowed on the premises, the walk is the only time we see the. And it was very clear that we would be seeing them on Christmas Day. I think if at this point the plan is for her not to do the walk, there'll be disappointed people and media would have a field day.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Did Prince Philip take over Wood Farm? Or would he be staying at the main house during the time family is at Sandringham, and thus making Wood Farm available?

Yea, I don't think they would've made that statement if she wasn't going to do the walk Christmas morning. Given that no photography is allowed on the premises, the walk is the only time we see the. And it was very clear that we would be seeing them on Christmas Day. I think if at this point the plan is for her not to do the walk, there'll be disappointed people and media would have a field day.
Yes Philip has been staying at wood farm since retirement. But during Christmas I would expect him at the main house with his wife. Especially since that is where the family will do the walk from in the morning for church. I guess like Charles has in the past, he could join from wood farm, but seems unlikely. Since he was with them at the walk today, I'd think he is already with the family at the main home.

Not only to be with his wife, but also think he is a practical man. He knows space is limited. Taking up wood farm by himself, would put more strain on the main home. I guess Charles and Camilla could always stay with him, but it seems far more reasonable he is at the main estate.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Cambridge’s and Harry always do the walk to church. Meghan will do the walk with Harry.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-25-2017, 12:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think that's pretty much a given, Dman.

They walk togethern en masse as a family to church. Its not done by the order or precedence or anything. Usually though, its the Queen and Sophie that ride together to the church.

I expect big numbers of spectators this year. I don't think I'm going to be disappointed. Just a few hours away now. Until then, I'm tracking Santa.

https://www.noradsanta.org
Old 12-25-2017, 01:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post
Sandringham is a big estate. The whole family should be there.
It is a large estate, but the Sandringham house is not as large as we might imagine. In the past, staff have had to move out of their own bedrooms to make room for HM's niece, nephew and their families in addition to her own grandchildren and their families.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
It is a large estate, but the Sandringham house is not as large as we might imagine. In the past, staff have had to move out of their own bedrooms to make room for HM's niece, nephew and their families in addition to her own grandchildren and their families.
It is a huge house, but senior royals get more than one bedroom. Charles not only is allocated a bedroom, but also a dressing room and another special room where he attends to his handwritten correspondence. Even though he is there for such a very short period over Christmas, this is what he requires.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
It is a huge house, but senior royals get more than one bedroom. Charles not only is allocated a bedroom, but also a dressing room and another special room where he attends to his handwritten correspondence. Even though he is there for such a very short period over Christmas, this is what he requires.
Those are parts of the 'suite' he is given. You wouldn't put other family members in the same 'suite' as him anyways. But in the past years Charles has stayed at Wood farm. Sandringham is not that large, the suites are minimal, and even with families sharing suites, they have had to take over servant rooms. Even if we made Harry and Meghan sleep in Charles' dressing room, if in the main house, there is certainly not enough room for all the Kents and Gloucesters there as well.

Tags
christmas