British Royal Christmas 2: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
257px-Royal_Coat_of_Arms_of_the_United_Kingdom_%28Tudor_crown%29.svg.png

Arms of The United Kingdom

Welcome to The British Royal Christmas, Part 2

Commencing September 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
The King to spend Christmas Day at Sandringham this year, marking a return to the traditional royal family Christmas on the Norfolk estate
The King and the Queen will be joined by various family members.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63747166

The King to spend Christmas Day at Sandringham this year, marking a return to the traditional royal family Christmas on the Norfolk estate

I imagine this Christmas will be a big Christmas. The first after loosing Elizabeth and Phillip and after COVID. After that I imagine the families may start going their own way and we will see less of them all.

I think this will certainly be a "big one". I do wonder if maybe in the future we'll see Charles doing a bit of a "hybrid" - a big family christmas at Sandringham one year and a more private celebration another.

I was wondering if Camilla's children will now be invited to Sandringham for Christmas.

Charles has always been keen to spend time after Christmas up at Birkhall. Query whether he will continue that tradition, or spend more time at Sandringham. Not sure we will know though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that he'd prefer to have it sent to London where there's less space for growing organic produce. When he's in Scotland it seems reasonable that he'd make use of the produce grown there or the meat/eggs/dairy that is raised/produced there.

He use to have Highgrove produce sent to him when on the royal yacht so I'm not sure he'd stop at having things sent up to Birkhall if they weren't available from Birkhall / Balmoral.

Charles has always been keen to spend time after Christmas up at Birkhall. Query whether he will continue that tradition, or spend more time at Sandringham. Not sure we will know though.

It will also be interesting to see if he keeps Birkhall as his Scottish residence or gives the use of it to the Prince and Princess of Wales and begins staying at Balmoral. I don’t think any changes there would happen quickly, but Charles does seem to get a lot of joy out of leaving his mark on royal estates, through garden planning and landscape architecture, so he might enjoy the challenge of bringing some of that to Balmoral, as well as modernizing it but in a way that keeps its history.

I was wondering if Camilla's children will now be invited to Sandringham for Christmas.

I wondered that as well, Camilla always left Sandringham to go and visit her own family on Christmas Day, I am not sure if she can continue to do that as she will now be the hostess.

It would surely be easier for them to join her, even if they prefer to stay away from the church and avoid cameras.

Do you think with the influence of Camilla and Catherine it might be a less formal Christmas.

I would imagine that if nothing else her children could always stay at Wood Farm and be part of the main events while still having some time to themselves to have a break from the "royalness". TBH I said earlier I wonder if Charles and Camilla might not host a "big Christmas" and a "small Christmas" I guess that could also translate to a "royal christmas" and a "not so royal Christmas" - with the Wales' at Anmer Charles would still have his family there whatever, Camilla's invited one year, the King's wider family another maybe?

However, Cams actually goes to London not her Wiltshire home after the Christmas day lunch - she does so so she can see all her children/grandchildren who obvs also want to see their father (her ex) Add to that Tom is separated from his wife so I imagine he would want to be close to her so the children can see both parents. Sandringham may not work for them from that point of view.

Last edited:
I don’t think so, she will probably just visit them like she always does.

It will be interesting to see whether the Earl of Snowdon Snowdon and Sarah Chatto continue to attend with their families, as their children are all in their 20s now.

They have their own traditions and ways they have spent Christmas for years. I doubt they would change now.

It will be interesting to see whether the Earl of Snowdon Snowdon and Sarah Chatto continue to attend with their families, as their children are all in their 20s now.

They didn’t go every year for the longest time anyhow.musically every second year or so. I think they went last year…to Windsor. I’m sure David at least went.

I understand Charles remains close to both Sarah and David. I am sure they will visit Sandringham every year over the holiday period, though perhaps not every year at Christmas.

I wondered that as well, Camilla always left Sandringham to go and visit her own family on Christmas Day, I am not sure if she can continue to do that as she will now be the hostess.

It would surely be easier for them to join her, even if they prefer to stay away from the church and avoid cameras.

Do you think with the influence of Camilla and Catherine it might be a less formal Christmas.

I would imagine that if nothing else her children could always stay at Wood Farm and be part of the main events while still having some time to themselves to have a break from the "royalness". TBH I said earlier I wonder if Charles and Camilla might not host a "big Christmas" and a "small Christmas" I guess that could also translate to a "royal christmas" and a "not so royal Christmas" - with the Wales' at Anmer Charles would still have his family there whatever, Camilla's invited one year, the King's wider family another maybe?

However, Cams actually goes to London not her Wiltshire home after the Christmas day lunch - she does so so she can see all her children/grandchildren who obvs also want to see their father (her ex) Add to that Tom is separated from his wife so I imagine he would want to be close to her so the children can see both parents. Sandringham may not work for them from that point of view.

I think Camilla's children will be very much part of the family Christmas at Sandringham. It is entirely possible that not all of them appear every year (allowing for in-laws, Andrew PB etc), but I suspect they will be present in the first year. It is possible that they are accomodated at a property on the estate other than the main house to give them some space.

I also think they will be part of the main parade to the church and back, perhaps at the back where the Chatto's and Linley's tend to be. Will give a very positive message of a blended, modern family.

They have their own traditions and ways they have spent Christmas for years. I doubt they would change now.
Precisely, I don’t see why that would change because she’s Queen now. Her children and family are private citizens so don’t want or need to be part.

Precisely, I don’t see why that would change because she’s Queen now. Her children and family are private citizens so don’t want or need to be part.

But Camillas position has changed, as Duchess of Cornwall it was ok to leave the Christmas house party early but as Queen she is the hostess . Not so simple.

But Camillas position has changed, as Duchess of Cornwall it was ok to leave the Christmas house party early but as Queen she is the hostess . Not so simple.

He’s the host. She isn’t hosting.

I understand Charles remains close to both Sarah and David. I am sure they will visit Sandringham every year over the holiday period, though perhaps not every year at Christmas.

Both of them have been firm fixtures at Sandringham over the years and hopefully that will remain the same.

I wonder if the truth stems from the fact Andrew and the girls are to be accommodated at Wood Farm. While on one hand it is great especially for the ladies who have two young children so have a little more freedom to care for them etc I wonder if it is also in part a way to allow Andrew to spend Christmas with the family but also keep some distance between him and the King and other royals.

I think Camilla's children will be very much part of the family Christmas at Sandringham. It is entirely possible that not all of them appear every year (allowing for in-laws, Andrew PB etc), but I suspect they will be present in the first year. It is possible that they are accomodated at a property on the estate other than the main house to give them some space.

I also think they will be part of the main parade to the church and back, perhaps at the back where the Chatto's and Linley's tend to be. Will give a very positive message of a blended, modern family.
In as much as Charles, Camilla, her kids and her ex get on well, I don’t think they will be accommodated on a property on the estate. I think they will just continue same old same old with their Christmas traditions and life goes on. Her kids and ex probably aren’t interested in the media fanfare and nature of how royal christmases go.

I wonder if the truth stems from the fact Andrew and the girls are to be accommodated at Wood Farm. While on one hand it is great especially for the ladies who have two young children so have a little more freedom to care for them etc I wonder if it is also in part a way to allow Andrew to spend Christmas with the family but also keep some distance between him and the King and other royals.

I'm surprised they would all go off to Sandringham and leave her behind. Spending Christmas with the Queen, as their grandmother, was understandable but are the girls really going leave their mother on her own without her grandchildren on Christmas Day just to spend it with an uncle? It seems odd in the extreme.

I think this year they would (if indeed Sarah hasn't been invited) as the first Christmas without their grandmother. Going forward after this year, maybe not.

I think this year they would (if indeed Sarah hasn't been invited) as the first Christmas without their grandmother. Going forward after this year, maybe not.

As the first one without their grandmother I would have thought they would especially want to spend it with either their mother or the families of their husbands, especially as they have their own children now. Opting to spend it with Charles and Camilla instead seems strange. Then again, I don't think the media actually know who will be there, it's all speculation.

As the first one without their grandmother I would have thought they would especially want to spend it with either their mother or the families of their husbands, especially as they have their own children now. Opting to spend it with Charles and Camilla instead seems strange. Then again, I don't think the media actually know who will be there, it's all speculation.

True, although this would be identical to Princess Margaret's children, who continued to spend most Christmas Days with their aunt, although their father the Earl of Snowdon was alive for over 15 years after Margaret died, although he did have other immediate family.

True, although this would be identical to Princess Margaret's children, who continued to spend most Christmas Days with their aunt, although their father the Earl of Snowdon was alive for over 15 years after Margaret died, although he did have other immediate family.

The difference is that Margaret's children were incredibly close to the Queen and Prince Philip. I wouldn't say that is at all the case with the York girls and Charles and Camilla.

I wonder if the king and queen will take the Royal Train at Sandringham before Christmas as we saw the late queen doing for so many years.

I wonder if the king and queen will take the Royal Train at Sandringham before Christmas as we saw the late queen doing for so many years.

QE2 took a regular commuter train to Sandringham every year in the run up to Christmas in the last decade or so, not the royal train.

I doubt C&C would though.

I wonder if the King will host a family lunch at BP (or Windsor or CH if maybe the renovations don't allow it) for the wider family as the late Queen use to. It would be nice in the future if the lunch was held on the same day as Catherine's carol concert and the family attend both.

Back
Top Bottom