Solliden Palace, Öland

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May I ask what programme those images where shown on, and was it long ago? I must have missed it

I dont remember really... I have it on video.
But the programme was made in the summer of 2001 so I think it was shown on tv in the fall.
It was a special programme about Solliden and it showed the king, queen and Victoria doing various things in the garden. I´ve never seen "so much" of Solliden before either...

The beachhouse at Solliden!

Attachments

• solliden.JPG
    solliden.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 698
I went to Solliden in june 2002, it is such a beautiful place. I'm looking forward to see the pictures from the royal family going there this year. And hey, Victorias birthday is my birthday too :)

A few great pictures of Solliden from Getty, taken in connection with the Crown Princess' birhtday:

Attachments

• Solliden1.jpg
    Solliden1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 340
  • Solliden2.jpg
    Solliden2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 431
  • Solliden3.jpg
    Solliden3.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 531
  • Solliden4.jpg
    Solliden4.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 471
Wow, it all looks great!

We've also visited Solliden 3 years ago and that was great too, we liked the park around it!

Last edited by a moderator:
does soliden have more houses i was thinking when victoria had her 25 celebration where did all the royals live

Josefine said:
to bad there is no photos from the inside

does soliden have more houses i was thinking when victoria had her 25 celebration where did all the royals live
There´s one inside photo in the book "Sommarslottet" Its from the dining room...
and in a SVT special about the palace they showed the hall and there were paintings of Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine on the wall

I think there is a cottage close to the palace. And inside there are several guestrooms.

I was looking in a old book and I found this photo of the kitchen at Solliden. Its of queen Silvia with the chef at Solliden

A quite, non-royal kitchen imo :)

Attachments

• kök.jpg
    kök.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 458
hrhcp said:
Silvia doesn't trust herself with the cooking anymore ?
well, that picture is from 1993. But I dont think Silvia cooks, from what I understand its the chefs and sometimes the king that does all the cooking in the family :)

Josefine said:
will victoria be the only one to own solliden
Yes, Crown Princess Victoria will one day inherit Solliden if they stick to the tradition of passing it one through the senior royals and/or monarchs (and I take it as a given that the tradition will be kept). But of course others will still have access to it, just as it is today when the whole Royal Family uses it as well as more distant members of the family.

Now that the summer is waiting behind the corner (I wish :) ) I thought it was time for some photos of the royal summer home: Solliden!

Attachments

• s4.JPG
    s4.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,212
  • map.JPG
    map.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 544
  • s7.JPG
    s7.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 443
  • s6.JPG
    s6.JPG
    5.5 KB · Views: 2,144
  • s5.JPG
    s5.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,245
  • s3.JPG
    s3.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,191
  • s2.JPG
    s2.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,263
  • s1.JPG
    s1.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 469
Some random photos of the beach house at Solliden...

some old links are not working anymore so I´ll repost some photos.

Attachments

• solliden20042.JPG
    solliden20042.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 6,024
  • solliden.JPG
    solliden.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,320
  • Rare3.JPG
    Rare3.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 822
  • boathouse.JPG
    boathouse.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,379
Apart from the main building, Solliden is pretty much like any other swedish farm. This is one of the houses on the grounds...

from svt

I´m very bored today so I browsed through some old photos and found these photos of Solliden. The summer is comming and for the royal family summer = Solliden :)

It is a very beautiful place, both the palace and the garden are amazing. Its easy to understand why the royal family likes the place. The sorroundings are also very pretty and Borgholm (the town close to Solliden) is very nice (but very little!)

and more... my favorite thing are the play house. It kinda looks out of place :) But its very cute. I´ve never seen the inside of it (I think theres nothing in it nowadays) but i must have been fun for the Haga princesses to use it, its just like a real house

I would not have imagined, that Solliden Palace and Solliden Park is such a pretty place. Thank you for the video.

What a nice palace, and not too grande, I don't think- It's more like a large house with wonderful gardens!

Solliden is a very nice place!!! I dont think other royals have such a cozy summer place ! not only the main mansion , also the beach house !! pretty!!! I dont see any swimming pool ? Anybody knows if there is one at Solliden ?

to bad they did not show more from solliden at the engagment

love the video thanks for posting :)! Does anyone have any interior pictures?

SvenskDam wrote two weeks ago that Victoria and Daniel will build an own family summer villa at Solliden. The villa would be in a separate and peaceful place and it would of course be child friendly.
Victoria och Daniel bygger egen familjevilla | Svensk Damtidning

I read from the paper version of finnish Iltalehti, which quotes SvenskDam. Victoria and Daniel build their new villa to Hjörthägnet-area behind the Solliden castle, to the northwest. Their villa will be about 300 meters from the Solliden Castle at a very leafy and forested area. That´s why the place is perfect for the couple, they want their privacy and the thick leafy-tree forest prevents the looks of curious people. The elks have their pasture at Hjörthägnet, so the couple and their children can see elks from their windows.
Victoria and Daniel want to take special care to that the villa suits to the historical surroundings in the right way. They have bought materials to the villa from the local craftsmen. Both grey and red limestones, which are familiar in Öland, are used to the villa. The building will start in just a few weeks, and it is estimated to be ready in March.
Victoria ja Daniel: Jättihuvila vauvalle | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi

Already last year it was rumored that crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel had plans to build a summer house on Sollidens domains. And now it seems to be going on, even if no building permit documents have not yet been submitted.
- The building has been discussed for some time, but we have not received any application for planning permission, said city architect Leo Eriksson.
- It is not certain that the drawings will be public, Solliden is classified as a protected property.
However, the construction company Folke Nilsson has had contact with the crown princess couple. But Robert Nilsson wants to play down any information that they received the assignment.
- We have been contacted, but not more than that.
Ölandsbladet - Victoria och Daniel bill bygga eget på Solliden

Last edited:
The municipality and the County Board have approved the construction projects of the royal family, they are building a new house in Solliden. It was told in the press already in September that Victoria and Daniel want to build a house of their own.
Kungligt fritidshus med egen pool / Öland / NYHETER / ÖSTRAN / Östra Småland AB
Google translation

Nytt hus vid Solliden – till kronprinsessparets ära | Svensk Damtidning
Google translation

Jenny Alexandersson´s blog
Nybygge på Solliden - sommarbostad till Victoria och Daniel? « Hovbloggen
Google translation

Last edited:
how far has the plans got to, have they started to build?

Back
Top Bottom