Haga Palace, Solna

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read somewhere that renovations won't be complete in time for them returning from their honeymoon. So I guess they'll have to wait a bit.

Many thanks.

How near to Haga palace you actually can go nowadays? I'm planning a new trip to Stockholm in September and I'm curious to see Victoria and Daniel's new home, too.

You can see bits and pieces of Haga and you can walk around the castle. Of course you can no longer get as near as you used to but it's still not completely isolated. I recommend the visit to Haga. :)

You can see bits and pieces of Haga and you can walk around the castle. Of course you can no longer get as near as you used to but it's still not completely isolated. I recommend the visit to Haga. :)

Thanks for the information. I'm planning to go to Stockholm maybe in January/February. What is the best way to get to Haga from the center of Stockholm?

When will Daniel & Victoria actually move into their new residence ??

It would be lovely if they gave us a peek into some of the rooms

Finally they moved in (last week already). It surely was a relief for them after such a long waiting time :flowers:
BYe Bine

Did they ever release pictures of the renovated and newly decorated residence ?

Did they ever release pictures of the renovated and newly decorated residence ?
Unfortunately not.
I guess that nobody expects them to handle the matter like the Danish CP couple did, producing detailed info and pictures in a most interesting but almost excessive fashion, but I believe that allowing the public a look at the Haga renovation paid for by the people would only be the correct thing to do.
Haga Palace does have representative rooms as well, which the CP couple in interviews said would be used for this purpose, but that aspect hasn't materialized yet.
While there was never a look at the King and Queen's private apartment at Drottningholm Palace allowed either, there were many photo sessions throughout the years in the more official rooms, and the CP couple sharing at least the comparable rooms of Haga with the public would be a very good and sensible idea.

I guess we'll have to wait for children..By the way, what age were Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine when the Christmas photoshoots stopped?

as they will have children we will see som photos of the inside of haga

That's really cute. Hopefully we'll get pictures of little prince(sse)s playing in their house one day.

Do you know if those playhouses are typically swedish? I remember seeing a picture of the playhouse Princess Astrid of Sweden had when she was little and then later after her marriage to Leopold of Belgium, she had one installed in her garden for her children.

I can't recall if Victoria is residing at the Haga Palace,I know it was announced that she would be moving into it.

I can't recall if Victoria is residing at the Haga Palace,I know it was announced that she would be moving into it.

Victoria and Daniel moved to the Haga Palace on 15th November 2010.

An aerial view about Haga Palace
https://cdn.revistavanityfair.es/up..._victoria_y_daniel_de_suecia_611_1200x800.jpg
https://www.majglantan.se/images/uploaded/Flygbild Haga Slott.jpg

The images from Haga Palace, now also on an english version at the court website
Images from Haga Palace - Sveriges Kungahus

Not to Haga Palace, but to Haga Park

"Lill-Haga
It is built in the Haga Park for the smallest visitors.
Here everyone can be a prince or a princess".
Lill-Haga - Fotosidan

On Monday 21st April at 20.00 swedish time SVT will show a documentary
Haga Palace - a Royal Home

Swedish documentary from 2014. A film about the Haga Palace then and now. Crown Princess Victoria opens the doors to her new home. Princess Estelle plays in the Haga Princesses' playhouse and Princess Christina remembers her childhood as portrayed in books, songs and news films.

Crown princess Victoria at the documentary:
- For me it's very special that the family is back at Haga. The castle was built by the family at one time so it feels like the circle is closed. I have come closer to my grandmother and grandfather.
For the first time, the crown princess couple Victoria and Daniel let a TV crew into the Haga Palace. During a whole year has SVT producer Sara Bull followed the couple and Princess Estelle through the seasons in the Haga Park and done interviews about Haga Palace and it's history.
- I think many have waited for this program. Haga Palace is an important link in the history of Sweden and that the Crown Princess Couple, along with Princess Estelle now shows up large parts of the castle and the garden with the little playhouse from the 40's is totally unique, says Sara Bull. She also interviewed the Princess Christina who tells about growing up at Haga Palace. Chamberlain Jonas Wallin tells about the history of the palace and shows how they set the table for a representation dinner.
Webb-TV - Se Haga slott - ett kungligt hem i SVT Play
Translation

Last edited by a moderator:
The documentary was wonderful. I could understand a lot of Swedish thanks to the (Swedish) subtitles. Haga Slott looked impeccable, little Princess Estelle too cute.

The interior was 'too impeccable', almost like a showroom of a posh furniture shop. It still has not the feel of being inhabited by a young family, which will undoubtedly happen in a few years time... Princess Victoria and her family are lucky to live in pastoral green Haga. Wonderful.

The interior was 'too impeccable', almost like a showroom of a posh furniture shop. It still has not the feel of being inhabited by a young family, which will undoubtedly happen in a few years time... Princess Victoria and her family are lucky to live in pastoral green Haga. Wonderful.

We saw only the "official" rooms, which are mostly used for representation. They have their own private home, which wasn't shown. I think that from these rooms the veranda is a place which they use for everyday life too.

That makes sense indeed. The state rooms were a bit too modern for my taste. Here and there were old artefacts like a pendule with chandeliers, an old painting, some furniture, maybe I would have used more historical items but I understand very well that taste is very much in the eye of the beholder, that it is Victoria's house and that Scandinavians maybe have a different (more sober?) taste as well.

:flowers:

A lot of info of Haga Park, in swedish and english, a sort of board game.
ISSUU - Sida för sida senaste 2 maj kvadratisk form by Fandika

Chandelier "Hollywood" from Brand van Egmond at Haga Palace.
https://twitter.com/BRANDVANEGMOND/status/466585313151037440

Chandelier "Master" fom Kobro Interiors at Haga Palace.
Master
https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net...89_1418712628398990_5090819329261816201_n.jpg

According to the Annual Report 2013 of the Royal Family,
Victoria and Daniel had official events at the Haga Palace in 2013:
5.2. Reception for the government
6.2. Reception for the Parliament leaders
4.3. Lunch for Filippa Reinfeldt
30.5. Dinner for the experts of the Prince Daniel's Fellowship
19.6. Information of the Armed Forces (Victoria)

So they use the Palace also for representation events. But the court didn't tell about any of these events at their website.
https://royalcourt.sidvisning.se/hovstaterna2013/

Back
Top Bottom