"The Crown" (2016-Present) - Netflix Drama Series on Queen Elizabeth II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The queen mother underused most onscreen time involved her drinking or eating!

Not convinced they got that casting right at all.

And as you imply Queen Elizabeth should have been a more central figure. She remained a key influence on The Queen but that's not covered at all.

Not convinced they got that casting right at all.

And as you imply Queen Elizabeth should have been a more central figure. She remained a key influence on The Queen but that's not covered at all.

I have mixed feelings about the casting of Marion Bailey as the queen mother and I agree she should have been a more central figure in both Season 3 and 4.

Because very few actresses do? resembling the person isn't necessary for playing htem...

This actress gave an interview to the Mail Online where she said her mother looked so much like Diana people fainted when they saw her. I rolled my eyes so hard they almost got stuck.

She did channel Diana. She did not have to look exactly like her. I was not sure about her playing Diana but she sure carried it off, very captivating performance. This actress has a great future.

Season 4 won the Golden Globe for best drama series, what is ok when I look at the competition.
I think it was nicely done and when I watched it, I was quite impressed with Josh O'Connor as Charles, Emma was ok as Diana but nothing more.

But looking at the competition, I was quite surprised to see Josh actually win, even more so Emma.
Having said that, I would have bet a years' salary on Gillian Anderson win for her portrait of Maggie T., as I thought she was superb. So her winning a GG was an absolute no brainer to me, I thought her performance was the highlight of season 4, outstanding.
Looking forward to season 5.

This actress gave an interview to the Mail Online where she said her mother looked so much like Diana people fainted when they saw her. I rolled my eyes so hard they almost got stuck.

Sorry, do you mean the actress's mother resembled Diana? and people fainted when they saw her? honestly!

Having said that, I would have bet a years' salary on Gillian Anderson win for her portrait of Maggie T., as I thought she was superb. So her winning a GG was an absolute no brainer to me, I thought her performance was the highlight of season 4, outstanding.
Looking forward to season 5.

Completely agree about Gillian Anderson she was outstanding as the Iron Lady.

I'm a little late joining this discussion because I just finished watching the series.

I actually learned quite a bit from it. There were a couple things I did fact-check to make sure I knew the difference between truth and fiction.

I didn't know Her Majesty made that fantastic speech when she was only 21 and not yet Queen.

I knew nothing about Aberfan. That broke my heart.

I didn't know Prince Charles actually did say, "Whatever 'in love' means" during that interview. Poor Diana. I saw the real interview, and I thought Diana handled it pretty well.

But - LOL!! - did any one see that big old rat that ran across the floor in front of the Queen Mother when they were waiting for the call from Prince Charles? Oh my goodness!!

I liked the series, warts and all.

Jonathan Pryce has been cast as Prince Philip ok I'm not sure about that casting?

Lesley Manville will be playing Princess Margaret

Lesley Manville is excellent in whatever role she takes on, and Jonathan Pryce is an interesting choice for Prince Philip. I'm not sure what the casting indicates about which direction the writers are going to push the narrative.

Lesley Manville is excellent in whatever role she takes on, and Jonathan Pryce is an interesting choice for Prince Philip. I'm not sure what the casting indicates about which direction the writers are going to push the narrative.

Will be interesting to see the other cast changes for Camilla, the Queen Mother, Princess Royal and so forth.

In the episode "Fairytale," did anyone see that massive rat that ran across the floor in the room the Queen Mother was in? Hope that was staged. Gross!

On edit: About one minute into the episode.

Wonderful...I’m so glad I’ve never watched Netflix, and I never would. Peter Morgan is despicable.

Netflix series The Crown will feature Martin Bashir's interview with Diana despite Prince William's calls for it never to be aired again, it has been claimed.

The next instalment of the popular series will cover the BBC reporter's 'dishonest' and 'deceitful' 1995 Panorama interview across two episodes, reports suggested.

A source close to the show, which is written by British playwright Peter Morgan, told The Telegraph 'scripts are already out there' after being written last year.

They added: 'The team were doing the most incredible research and they've got it all in there: the build up to the interview, how Bashir effectively groomed Diana, the interview itself, and the aftermath are all factored in over more than one episode.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Martin-Bashirs-bombshell-interview-Diana.html

I think it will be sometime before we get to see Season 5 and hopefully in light of all the revelations the scripts could be edited to reflect.

the interview won't disappear. It already has been quoted in many a royal biography and is on the Internet.

Considering that the recent investigations into the Panorama interview by Bashir has gone viral in the media lately, the producers of "The Crown" are probably cackling with glee as the "real stuff" surrounding the interview is a sure fire guarantee to draw even more viewers to the "The Crown" episodes dealing with it.

I wonder how the Crown producers will "go there." Interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im just amazed they managed to spin this rubbish out for 5 seasons.

Anyone else think that Jonny Lee Miller is a very odd choice for Sir John Major?

Back
Top Bottom