"The Crown" (2016-Present) - Netflix Drama Series on Queen Elizabeth II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went through the new cast with a friend and she was horrified how little 80% of the cast actors resemble the actual persons.

I must say, especially "Andrew" and "Edward" have been a little shock for me, too. I'm not convinced from "Anne" at the moment, but I have to see her while acting.

As for Jonathan Pryce as Prince Philip... mh. I had my problems with all Philips before and could only see their previous roles and I think it will not be different now. Hello, Juan Perón on a carriage. Sorry!

And no sign of whomever they're getting for Tony Blair (who has to be in this season too) yet. Assuming not-Michael Sheen.

Answering my own question, the latest Mirror article seems to imply it's another Fleabag actor, Andrew Scott.

Answering my own question, the latest Mirror article seems to imply it's another Fleabag actor, Andrew Scott.

Yes I read that around Easter saying he was being linked to the role of Tony Blair but nothing confirmed.

I guess we will have to wait and see!

I think I read that Claire Foy won one for her guest appearance.

The Awards Ceremony is not on till 5pm PDT :previous:

The Crown won several awards at the 73rd Emmy Awards in LA last night

1. Outstanding Drama Series
  2. Lead actor in a Drama series -Josh O'Connor
  3. Lead actress in a Drama series - Olivia Colman
  4. Best Supporting actor in a Drama series - Tobias Menzies
  5. Best Supporting actress in a Drama series - Gillian Anderson
  6. Writing for a Drama series - Peter Morgan
  7. Directing for a Drama series - Jessica Hobbs

The Crown won several awards at the 73rd Emmy Awards in LA last night

1. Outstanding Drama Series
  2. Lead actor in a Drama series -Josh O'Connor
  3. Lead actress in a Drama series - Olivia Colman
  4. Best Supporting actor in a Drama series - Tobias Menzies
  5. Best Supporting actress in a Drama series - Gillian Anderson
  6. Writing for a Drama series - Peter Morgan
  7. Directing for a Drama series - Jessica Hobbs

After seasons & seasons of being the bridesmaid, The Crown is now the bride.:D:D:princess2:

For me, the performances of Josh O'Connor and Gillian Anderson were truly outstanding.

So did Claire win for guest appearance after all?

I'm still trying to get my head around Dominic West casting as the Prince of Wales!

In an interview with The Sunday Times, Jemima Goldsmith, a screenwriter/producer and close friend to Diana, Princess of Wales has withdrew her support and contribution in script writing for The Crown, due to the portrayal was not "as respectfully or compassionately as I had hoped".

In the same article, it was revealed that Peter Morgan, The Crown series creator was briefly in a romantic relationship with Jemima Goldsmith. Apparently, she was asked by Morgan to contribute/help in the writing of the fifth series in 2019. The script included her romances with Hasnat Khan and Dodi Fayed, "her visits to Pakistan, the bombshell BBC Panorama interview with Martin Bashir, and the last two years of her life."

But she has now revealed that she pulled out of the project after concluding that The Crown’s portrayal of Diana’s story was not being handled “as respectfully or compassionately as I had hoped”. Khan and Morgan were briefly linked romantically, but broke up earlier this year.

She said she was asked by Morgan to help write the forthcoming fifth series in 2019. She agreed, despite not having publicly spoken about her friendship with Diana, because “it was really important to me that the final years of my friend’s life be portrayed accurately and with compassion, as has not always happened in the past”.

Between September last year and February this year, they worked on story outlines and scripts, including Diana’s romances with the heart surgeon Hasnat Khan and Harrods heir Dodi Fayed, her visits to Pakistan, the bombshell BBC Panorama interview with Martin Bashir, and the last two years of her life.

When Goldsmith did not agree with the direction of the stories, she “requested that all (her) contributions be removed from the series and (she) declined a [writing] credit”.

However, Khan said that when she realised the stories were going in a direction she did not agree with, she “requested that all my contributions be removed from the series and I declined a [writing] credit”.

A spokesman for The Crown has denied that Goldsmith was contracted as a writer, but stated that she has provided sources and background information to the research team and writers.

A spokesman for The Crown said: “Jemima Khan has been a friend, fan and a vocal public supporter of The Crown since season one. She has been part of a wide network of well-informed and varied sources who have provided extensive background information to our writers and research team — providing context for the drama that is The Crown. She has never been contracted as a writer on the series.”

Diana’s final years cause rift at heart of The Crown
Jemima Khan withdraws support for series over former lover’s ‘disrespectful’ screenplay
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dianas-final-years-cause-rift-at-heart-of-the-crown-67wn5s6zn
Archive link: https://archive.ph/9CdXV

Jemima Goldsmith is the daughter of Sir James Goldsmith and Lady Annabel Vane-Tempest-Stewart (daughter of Viscount Castlereagh, later 8th Marquess of of Londonderry). She married then cricketer, now the current Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan in 1995. The couple divorced in 2004. Jemima retained Khan as her surname until 2014, when Imran Khan married Reham Khan. On twitter, her handle still contain Khan, but her family name is Goldsmith.

https://twitter.com/Jemima_Khan?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

His name is actually Senan. Funny how an "extensive casting search" leads you to your highly paid star's kid.

He will be playing Wills from age 12 or so, so will probably only be in the later Season 5 episodes.

His name is actually Senan. Funny how an "extensive casting search" leads you to your highly paid star's kid.

He will be playing Wills from age 12 or so, so will probably only be in the later Season 5 episodes.

The article got the name wrong - my bad. Yes very convenient but also means that there’s a physical resemblance between actors which is useful when you need characters to look related.

The article got the name wrong - my bad. Yes very convenient but also means that there’s a physical resemblance between actors which is useful when you need characters to look related.

Except that the only two people you don't need that for are Charles and William. ?

Yes his name is Senan West and is the son of Dominic West & Catherine FitzGerald . His mother Catherine comes from the noble house of Fitzgerald and her late father was the 28th and last Knight of Glin.

Senan is named after a 5th Century Irish Saint and Bishop.

Yes his name is Senan West and is the son of Dominic West & Catherine FitzGerald . His mother Catherine comes from the noble house of Fitzgerald and her late father was the 28th and last Knight of Glin.

Senan is named after a 5th Century Irish Saint and Bishop.

Is the House of Fitzgerald a noble house in the peerage of Ireland?

Is the House of Fitzgerald a noble house in the peerage of Ireland?
The House of Fitzgerald is one of the most ancient and most prominent families on the British isles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom