The Nobel Prize 2013 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 2021 laureates will receive their Nobel Prize medals and diplomas in their home countries
It is now also clear that this year’s Nobel festivities in December − when the laureates are honoured in Stockholm and Oslo − will be a mixture of digital and physical events.
The 2021 Nobel Week in Stockholm will take place from 6 to 12 December. The laureates will receive their Nobel Prize medals and diplomas in their home countries. These presentation events will be woven together with a prize award ceremony at the Stockholm City Hall on the Nobel Day, 10 December. Hopefully the ceremony will have a local audience present.
Press room English - NobelPrize.org
Nobel Week 2021 - NobelPrize.org

The court updated its calendar:

Wednesday 8th December
King Carl Gustaf attends the Nobel Prize Concert at Stockholm Concert Hall.

Friday 10th December
King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel attend the Prize award ceremony at the Stockholm City Hall.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

On 30th November King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel will give an audience to the Nobel Foundation for the presentation of this year's Nobel Laureates.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

The traditional Nobel banquet, with more than 1,000 guests and usually watched by hundreds of thousands of TV viewers, has already been canceled due to the pandemic.
Nobel Foundation's executive director Vidar Helgesen says that the assessment is that there is too much uncertainty regarding the development of the pandemic and is especially linked to international travel.
The Prize ceremonies will instead take place in Germany, the United Kingdom, the United States and Italy between 6-8 December. Diplomas and medals are handed over by Sweden's ambassadors in each country.
On Nobel Day, a ceremony will also be held in the Blue Hall in Stockholm City Hall to pay tribute to the Laureates. There will be a local audience on site and the Royal Couple and the Crown Princess Couple will participate. The Prize ceremonies from each country are shown in the Blue Hall. Vidar Helgesen says that it will be a little more honoring for the Nobel Prize winners with an audience that gathers including the royals, even if the Laureates themselves are at a distance. He says also that given the starting position, he is satisfied.
Så blir utdelningen av årets Nobelpriser

How the 2021 Nobel Prizes will be presented
The arrangements have now been completed for how this year’s medals and diplomas will be presented to the Nobel Prize laureates. There will be ceremonial presentations in Germany, the United Kingdom, the United States and Italy during the period 6–8 December. The 2021 Nobel Peace Prize laureates have been invited to Oslo on 10 December. Also on the Nobel Day, laureates will be honoured with a ceremony in Stockholm.

Nobel Prize award ceremony in Stockholm, Sweden
Stockholm City Hall
10 December, 16:15 (CET)
In Stockholm, the Nobel Foundation will pay tribute to this year’s laureates in a ceremony at the Stockholm City Hall. Speeches by Carl-Henrik Heldin, Chairman of the Nobel Foundation, and by members of the Nobel Prize awarding institutions will be interwoven with the ceremonial presentations in the laureates’ home countries. A local audience will attend, including Sweden’s King Carl XVI Gustav, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. The ceremony will be framed by musical interludes.
https://www.nobelprize.org/press-english/

Last edited by a moderator:
King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel gave today an audience to the Nobel Foundation, which presented this year's Nobel Laureates.

The 2021 Nobel Prize award ceremony will be a specially designed event at the Stockholm City Hall. The master of ceremonies will be actress Lena Olin.
This year's Nobel Prize award ceremony in Stockholm will take place on the Nobel Day, 10 December, in the Blue Hall at the Stockholm City Hall. It will pay tribute to this year's laureates and include speeches by Carl-Henrik Heldin, Chairman of the Nobel Foundation, and members of the prize awarding institutions, woven together with video recordings from the ceremonial presentations that have occurred earlier in the week in the laureates' respective home countries. Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, as well as Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, will attend the event at the Blue Hall along with about 300 guests.
Actress Lena Olin has just finished filming a second season of the American TV series Hunters and is in Sweden to shoot the feature film Hilma, where she plays the role of artist Hilma af Klint, directed by Lasse Hallström. While in Stockholm, she will guide the guests through the Nobel Prize award ceremony.
The Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra, conducted by Cathrine Winnes, will provide the music. Performing as soloists will be world-famous mezzo soprano Anne Sofie von Otter and acclaimed Canadian-Swedish jazz vocalist Kiralina Salandy. Bengt Åke "Bengan" Jansson, recipient of the 2020 Karamelodikt award, will play accordion and Karin Hammar – one of Sweden's most sought-after instrumental soloists and big band musicians − will play trombone. The programme was put together by stage director Linus Fellbom along with Fredrik Andersson, programme director of the Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra.
https://www.nobelprize.org/press-english/

King Carl Gustaf attends this evening at the Nobel Prize Concert.
Although queen Silvia was added to attend with the King, yesterday her name was taken away from the calendar.

The King arrived to the concert:
Pic

The concert can be seen live here:

Last edited:
The guests have arrived to the 2021 Nobel Prize award ceremony
Countess Bettina Bernadotte with husband Philipp Haug
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010020011L16391486072329040

The Mistress of the Robes Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke and director of the information department Margareta Thorgen
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010020021L16391486072329040

The First Lady of the Court Anna Hamilton and the First Marshal of the Court Mats Nilsson
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010020031L16391486072329040

Live broadcast
https://www.svtplay.se/video/33430530/nobel-2021-nobelprisceremonin?id=8vBvQV6
or

Victoria and Daniel
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010090011I16391498492388348
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010090021I16391498492388348
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010010011A16391500862388534
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010010021A16391500862388534

TT Nyhetsbyrån updates photos here
TT gallery

Screenshots
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010050011E1639149741204742
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010050021E1639149741204742
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010050031E1639149741204742
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010100011R163915094187718

The Nobel festivities are underway and the royal family made their entrance after showing off their covid passports - just like everyone else. Margareta Thorgren confirmed this to Svensk Damtidning.
Nobelfesten 2021_ Se Victorias spektakulära klänning! _*Svensk Dam

The King didn't want to stand at the red carpet, he said that it was very cold, and went inside. He didn't wait for queen Silvia.
Short video at Svensk Damtidning's article.
Kungens utspel på Nobelfesten – som SVT inte tog med _*Svensk Dam

Another video of the royal family arriving, Victoria and Daniel waited for queen Silvia when King Carl Gustaf had already gone in.
Här springer kungen in till nobelfesten

Last edited:
I don´t know why it was considered pandemically "safer" if only everybody would wear casual clothes while still the event took place at a scaled down level...?

I don´t know why it was considered pandemically "safer" if only everybody would wear casual clothes while still the event took place at a scaled down level...?

There were only about 300 guests at the Blue Hall of The Stockholm City Hall, while normally there are about 1200 guests at the same place at the Nobel Banquet.
The people sat today like this:
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...y-during-the-picture-id1358269358?s=2048x2048

Screenshots from singing the National Anthem
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

According to Elle Sweden, the designer of Victoria's dress is Pär Engsheden.
Det här bär kronprinssan Victoria vid Nobelfirandet 2021 _ ELLE

Nobel 2021_ Gästernas klänningar – se bilderna här _ ELLE

Another short video at this article
Victorias och Daniels privata ögonblick – bland alla _*Svensk Dam

Kungaparet och Kronprinsessparet vid 2021 års Nobelprisutdelning - Sveriges Kungahus

Photos at court Facebook by Pelle T Nilsson/SPA and Anders Wiklund/TT.

Lots of great music at the ceremony. And the flower decorations were wonderful.

Last edited:

Great question: why scale down on the dress code?! I am also a bit surprised that Carl Philip, Sofia, Christina and Tord were not allowed to attend (i.e., taken from the guest list to reduce the number of attendees) but Countess Bettina Bernadotte and her husband Philipp Haug were. My guess is that it is all about the optics: there is a visible reduction in members of the royal family. Keeping these members of the wider royal family is less prominent and therefore acceptable (even if they have to travel all the way from southern Germany).

Last edited:
Great question: why scale down on the dress code?! I am also a bit surprised that Carl Philip, Sofia, Christina and Tord were not allowed to attend (i.e., taken from the guest list to reduce the number of attendees) but Countess Bettina Bernadotte and her husband Philipp Haug were.
Countess Bettina Bernadotte has an official role as the President for the Council of the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings and is therefore always invited to the Nobel festivities in Stockholm. Princess Christina has officially retired and wont, at least as far as I believe, be a regular guest at the festivities moving forward while Prince Carl Philip has no official role within the Nobel organisation.
To me it's evident that when trying to cut down on the number of attendants at the ceremony anyone that hasn't got an official role has been cut out.

Countess Bettina Bernadotte has an official role as the President for the Council of the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings and is therefore always invited to the Nobel festivities in Stockholm. Princess Christina has officially retired and wont, at least as far as I believe, be a regular guest at the festivities moving forward while Prince Carl Philip has no official role within the Nobel organisation.
To me it's evident that when trying to cut down on the number of attendants at the ceremony anyone that hasn't got an official role has been cut out.

Thanks, that makes sense. I know that Bettina is always invited but I had forgotten that the reason for her yearly invite is her involvement in something related to the Nobel prizes.

Great question: why scale down on the dress code?! I am also a bit surprised that Carl Philip, Sofia, Christina and Tord were not allowed to attend (i.e., taken from the guest list to reduce the number of attendees) but Countess Bettina Bernadotte and her husband Philipp Haug were. My guess is that it is all about the optics: there is a visible reduction in members of the royal family. Keeping these members of the wider royal family is less prominent and therefore acceptable (even if they have to travel all the way from southern Germany).

Since there was no Laureates and no Nobel Prize delivery in place and no Nobel Banquet afterwards, the dress code was just right.
As the President of the Council for the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings countess Bettina Bernadotte hosts every summer a Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting where Nobel Laureates and about 600 young scientists meet. For instance, in 2018, 39 Laureates attended the meeting in Lindau. The Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings celebrated their 70th anniversary meeting in 2021, which took place as an online event and more than 70 Nobel Laureates from the disciplines of Physics, Chemistry as well as Physiology or Medicine took part in the meeting. Countess Bettina is also a member of the Board of the Foundation Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings. '

Margareta Thorgren told about queen Silvia's and crown princess Victoria's dresses to Svensk Damtidning.
Victoria has an idea behind her Nobel dresses. This also applies to yesterday's "little black" - and now it has been revealed:
Her masterfully cut retro dream, with the brilliant brooch as an eye-catcher in the middle of the draping, is a copy of a Dior dress.
The Crown Princess simply talks with her clothes. And the result? First-class craftsmanship, now and then!
Margareta Thorgren said that Victoria's dress is in black wool satin. It is sewn to her by Pär Engsheden, and it is an interpretation of a Dior dress from the 1950s.
About queen Silvia's velvet dress Thorgren said that it was sewn for her on an earlier occasion, but now it has been adjusted. So it has not been possible to see it in this way before. It is again the sustainability aspect that is in focus, and the importance of reusing.
About the idea behind of Victoria wearing a black dress, Thorgren said that the choice was made based on the fact that this year's Nobel celebration was toned down and based on the fact that we are still in a pandemic. This was no ordinary Nobel celebration, said Thorgren.
And Victoria was not the only one wearing black.
Hovet avslöjar_ Hemligheten bakom Nobelklänningarna 2021 _*Svensk Dam

It was a small Nobel ceremony with no Laureates in place. Despite this, there were happy and moved guests who left the Blue Hall.
Speaker of the Riksdag Andreas Norlén said to TT that the ceremony was dignified and beautiful. A nice variant of what it usually is. It is clear that it would have been fun with the Laureates on site, but given the circumstances it was not possible and Norlén thinks they had done it now very, very nicely.
Minister for Education Anna Ekström described the ceremony as very different but she thinks that the Nobel Foundation really succeeded with what they are so good at, namely to put science at the center and ensure that it is presented in a way that amazes. It was very nice and Ekström was very moved.
Andreas Norlén said that the music was magnificent.
- I was taken, in fact, he says and is supported by Ekström:
- It was so very nice.
Värdig och vacker_ Nobel – trots distansen

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel Attend Nobel Prize Awards Ceremony 2021 — Royal Portraits Gallery
La princesse Victoria de Suède, très classe en noir en l’honneur des prix Nobel
Kuningatar Silvia rikkoi pitkän perinteen Nobel-juhlassa
Kungaparet och kronprinsessparet vid en anpassad Nobelprisceremoni - GALA magasin

Gallery
Legion-Media

Last edited:
Victoria was asked at her interview in Svenska Dagbladet, if she has missed the Nobel festivities with the Laureates.
Yes, she has missed, Victoria said. It is a very festive event and she is always touched when she sits on the stage. Not because she herself is sitting on the stage, but because when handing over these prizes, they tell about the deeds of the Laureates and what their work has led to. After all, these are enormously important discoveries for humanity. Victoria thinks also on all those who never receive any recognition and whose work leads to nothing, even though it is just as important.

This photo from 2019 is at the Swedish Royal Court's new website:
Meeting the Laureates
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/18..._2019-Nobel_Alexander_Mahmoud_AAM6011 (2).jpg

It's this time of the year again, when we get to know the Nobel laureates and what work that is recognised this year. So far, five out of six Prize categories have been presented.

Nobel Prize in Physics

Awarded to
Alain Aspect, France
John F. Clauser, USA
Anton Zeilinger, Austria
(all 1/3 share of the Prize)

“for experiments with entangled photons, establishing the violation of Bell inequalities and pioneering quantum information science”.

Announced by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences on Tuesday 4 October 2022.

Nobel Prize in Chemistry

Awarded to
Carolyn R. Bertozzi, USA
Morten Meldal, Denmark
K. Barry Sharpless, USA

"for the development of click chemistry and bioorthogonal chemistry”.

Announced by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences on Wednesday 5 October 2022.

Nobel Prize in Medicine or Physiology

Awarded to
Svante Pääbo, Sweden

"for his discoveries concerning the genomes of extinct hominins and human evolution".

Announced by the Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet on Monday 3 October 2022.

Nobel Prize in Literature

Awarded to
Annie Ernaux, France

“for the courage and clinical acuity with which she uncovers the roots, estrangements and collective restraints of personal memory”.

Announced by the Swedish Academy on Thursday 6 October 2022.

Nobel Peace Prize

Awarded to
Ales Bialiatski, Belarus
Memorial, Russia
Center for Civil Liberties, Ukraine

“The Peace Prize laureates represent civil society in their home countries. They have for many years promoted the right to criticise power and protect the fundamental rights of citizens. They have made an outstanding effort to document war crimes, human right abuses and the abuse of power. Together they demonstrate the significance of civil society for peace and democracy”.

Announced by the Norwegian Nobel Committee on Friday 7 October 2022.

The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in memory of Alfred Nobel

To be announced by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences on Monday 10 October 2022.

With a laureate from Denmark this year it would be really nice to see Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attend this year.

But from what I have understood the laureates from 2020 and 2021, that didn't get the chance to come to Stockholm during the pandemic is invited this year, so that means three times the number of laureates and family. But it would be nice to see if the Nobel Foundation could make room for two more, otherwise the King might invite them for the Gala Dinner at the Royal Palace on December 11th?

And 2 laureates from France… It would be nice to see the Presidential Couple take part - though i doubt that will happen as the table of honour will likely be full already from side to side with the additions of the laureates from 2020 and 2021 (if they all attend)

The Nobel Prize award ceremony 2022
The Nobel Prize award ceremony takes place at the Stockholm Concert Hall, Sweden, on 10 December – the anniversary of Alfred Nobel’s death. At the ceremony, the Nobel Prize in Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature and the prize in economic sciences are awarded to the Nobel Prize laureates.
16.00 CET Nobel Prize award ceremony
The award ceremony will be streamed on nobelprize.org. More details around the program will be published in the weeks to come.
19.00 CET Nobel Prize banquet
After the ceremony at the Concert Hall, it will be time for the evening’s Nobel Prize banquet at the Stockholm City Hall.
The Nobel Prize award ceremony 2022 - NobelPrize.org

Svensk Damtidning has asked the court if Madeleine attends the Nobel Prize ceremony (because on 8th December is the delivery of the Childhood Prize in Stockholm and Damtidning thinks Madeleine will be there).
The court answered in an email: "Royal presence at official program points, including the Nobel Prize ceremony and events in connection with it, is announced in the official program at kungahuset.se (court website)".
Gåtan kring Madeleine och Chris växer –*alla undrar _*Svensk Dam

The court updated its calendar today.

King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, crown princess Victoria, prince Daniel, prince Carl Philip and princess Sofia attend:
December 6
Audience to the Nobel Foundation for the presentation of this year's Nobel Laureates

December 10
Nobel Prize 2022 Award ceremony
Nobel Prize 2022 Banquet

December 11
The King's dinner for the Nobel Laureates

the royal court confirms: Madeleine will not attend the Nobel gala

Programme for Nobel Week in Stockholm:
Programme for Nobel Week 2022 - NobelPrize.org

Every year San Remo, the city where Nobel spent his last years, sends tons of flowers to the Nobel party in Stockholm City Hall.
But this year, the tradition is being broken due to "logistical and time challenges during and after the pandemic", according to the Nobel Foundation.
The mayor of San Remo says that it is a sad day, that they are not only about the flowers, but about many years of tradition, cooperation and friendship.
Nobelfesten bryter långa traditionen_ En sorglig dag - P4 Stockholm _ Sveriges Radio

"We're going to do everything we can to solve this," says the mayor of San Remo.
It is the Nobel Foundation that has taken the decision. At the same time, they say that at the moment they cannot say who will handle the delivery for this year's party.
The foundation further writes that they will resume discussions with San Remo regarding the flowers in the spring in order to hopefully resolve everything in time for the 2023 Nobel Festival.
Blommorna kommer inte till Nobelfesten i år _*Svensk Dam

Record number of laureates on hand in Stockholm for this year’s Nobel Week

December 6 – 12 will mark the 2022 Nobel Week. The Nobel Foundation has invited this year’s Nobel Prize laureates together with laureates from 2020 and 2021. No fewer than 27 laureates will attend this year’s festivities in Stockholm. A number of other previous laureates will also participate in the Nobel Week Dialogue science conference on 9 December

The following laureates will be coming to Stockholm for the Nobel Week:

Nobel Prize laureates 2022
The Nobel Prize in Physics 2022
Professor Alain Aspect
Dr John F. Clauser
Professor Dr Anton Zeilinger

The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2022
Professor Carolyn R. Bertozzi
Professor Morten Meldal
Professor K. Barry Sharpless

The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2022
Dr Svante Pääbo

The Nobel Prize in Literature 2022
Author Annie Ernaux

The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2022
Dr Ben S. Bernanke
Professor Douglas W. Diamond
Professor Philip H. Dybvig

Nobel Prize laureates 2021
The Nobel Prize in Physics 2021
Professor Giorgio Parisi

The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2021
Professor Dr Benjamin List
Professor Sir David W.C. MacMillan

The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2021
Professor David Julius
Professor Dr Ardem Patapoutian

The Nobel Prize in Literature 2021
Author Abdulrazak Gurnah

The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2021
Professor Joshua D. Angrist
Professor Guido W. Imbens

Nobel Prize laureates 2020
The Nobel Prize in Physics 2020
Professor Reinhard Genzel
Professor Andrea Ghez

Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2020
Professor Dr Emmanuelle Charpentier
Professor Jennifer A. Doudna

The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2020
Professor Harvey J. Alter
Professor Charles M. Rice

The Nobel Prize in Literature 2020
Author Louise Glück

The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2020
Professor Paul R. Milgrom
Press room English - NobelPrize.org

Nobel Week Lights at the Royal Palace
Today, the artwork Gaia was installed in the Royal Palace's southern vault. The artwork is part of the light festival Nobel Week Lights which takes place in Stockholm December 3-11.
Created by artist Luke Jerram, the Gaia artwork is a globe measuring seven meters in diameter and created from images taken from NASA photographs of the Earth's surface.
Nobel Week Lights på Kungl. Slottet _ Kungahuset

Today king Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, Daniel, Carl Philip and Sofia received a presentation of the 2022 Nobel laureates and their discoveries from the Nobel Foundation's executive director Vidar Helgesen and representatives of the awarding institutions.
Presentation av årets Nobelpristagare _ Kungahuset

Today, on 6th December, King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, Daniel, Carl Philip and Sofia received presentation of the 2022 Nobel laureates and their discoveries from the Nobel Foundation's executive director Vidar Helgesen and representatives of the awarding institutions.
Victoria has a mild cold and she didn't attend.
Presentation av årets Nobelpristagare _ Kungahuset

Live streams from the lectures, the concert, the dialogue, the Prize award ceremonies and others, links at the website of the Nobel Prize.
Streams during Nobel Week 2022 - NobelPrize.org

The King and Queen attend this evening the Nobel Prize concert, it starts at 19.00.
Live here (in Sweden you can watch it on SVT too)

The 2022 Nobel laureates were photographed together with Victoria and Daniel in the southern vault of the Royal Palace, also under Luke Jerram’s artwork Gai, part of the Nobel Week Lights.
From left: Carolyn Bertozzi (Chemistry), Barry Sharpless (Chemistry), Ben S Bernanke (Economics), Alain Aspect (Physics), Anton Zeilinger (Physics), Philip H Dybvig (Economics), Douglas W Diamond (Economics) , Svante Pääbo (Physiology or Medicine), Morten Meldal (Chemistry), John F Clauser (Physics)
Profimedia gallery

The 2022 Nobel laureates were photographed together with Victoria and Daniel in the southern vault of the Royal Palace, also under Luke Jerram’s artwork Gai, part of the Nobel Week Lights.
From left: Carolyn Bertozzi (Chemistry), Barry Sharpless (Chemistry), Ben S Bernanke (Economics), Alain Aspect (Physics), Anton Zeilinger (Physics), Philip H Dybvig (Economics), Douglas W Diamond (Economics) , Svante Pääbo (Physiology or Medicine), Morten Meldal (Chemistry), John F Clauser (Physics)
Profimedia gallery
The Nobel laureates were at the Royal Palace to tape the TV-show Nobel Minds in the Bernadotte Library. This year Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel attended, for the very first time.

The Nobel laureates were at the Royal Palace to tape the TV-show Nobel Minds in the Bernadotte Library. This year Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel attended, for the very first time.

Nobel Minds will be shown on SVT at 18:30-19:30 on 15 December.
Since the 1960s, during the Nobel Week the Nobel Prize laureates have gathered for a round table discussion for television, Nobel Minds. The programme has a popular science approach and examines general questions related to science, research and literature. The 2022 laureates will participate in this conversation. The programme will be recorded in the Bernadotte Library at the Royal Palace on 9 December in front of an invited audience. The programme is produced by Sveriges Television and BBC World News. The discussion will be hosted by Zeinab Badawi of the BBC.

Gallery from today
Legion-Media

Photo of the King and Queen at the Nobel Concert
https://i.postimg.cc/8ctHxWCR/NPC.jpg

More information about the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony
The Nobel Day, 10 December, begins with the traditional Nobel Prize award ceremony at Konserthuset Stockholm (Stockholm Concert Hall), which will start at 16:00 CET this year. There will be presentation speeches about the year’s prizes before an audience of about 1,560 guests, who will then watch the laureates as they receive their medals and diplomas from the hand of H.M. the King of Sweden. The seats closest to the stage are reserved primarily for the laureates’ families, representatives of the prize-awarding institutions, members of the Swedish government and Riksdag (Parliament) and the diplomatic corps.
Seated on the stage will be about 90 people. In addition to the 2022 laureates, they will be 2020 and 2021 laureates as well as laureates from earlier years. Also seated onstage will be members of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, the Nobel Assembly of Karolinska Institutet, the Swedish Academy and the Board of Directors of the Nobel Foundation.
Seated in front of them on the stage will be this year’s laureates and members of Sweden’s Royal Family: H.M. King Carl XVI Gustaf, H.M. Queen Silvia, H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria och H.R.H. Prince Daniel.
In the first row closest to the stage will be H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip and H.R.H. Princess Sofia.

The Nobel Prize Banquet
The banquet programme will follow tradition and begin with the entry procession of the Royal Family and other guests of honour down the grand stairway and into the Blue Hall at 19:00 CET. Prior to this, the guests of honour will have been presented to the Royal Family in the Prince’s Gallery of the City Hall. Behind the Master of Ceremonies will be two attendants followed by H.M. the King with his dinner companion and H.M. the Queen with Professor Carl-Henrik Heldin, Chairman of the Board of the Nobel Foundation and the host of the evening’s banquet.
In 1901 the frst Nobel Prize banquet, held in the Hall of Mirrors of the Grand Hôtel, had 113 guests. Today the Nobel Prize banquet is served to about 1,250 guests.
The banquet will conclude at about 23:00. Dancing will then begin in the Golden Hall, with music by the Laszlo Royale Dance Orchestra.
Much more info here:
nobel-week-2022-information-for-media

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom