Summer Holidays of the Swedish Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More photos from another summer holiday at Solliden... I belive these are from 1988 or something like that.

photos from danish DR, but originally from a german documentary on ARD(I think thats the channal´s name??)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember seeing this thread before. It's great. They look so happy. And I like that the King can cut is own grass. (like in the previous post) It's refreshing to see.

No guy - king or not - can resist a tractor like the one CG is driving.

The king like motor-rallies. Do you know if the royal couple stay at Monte Carlo last weekend to see the rally and made holiday in St.Maxime?

All of these family vacation photos make me wish I could go on holiday with them! If only I were a Bernadotte!

Regarding Royal holidays right now: No St. Maxime or Monte Carlo, as The King and Queen stay on in Thailand after the Diamond Jubilee celebrations, supposedly at the mansion of a personal friend.
The prolongued stay will not be strictly a holiday though, because they are scheduled to re-visit several locations where the terrible Tsunami struck.

anyone know what the kids plan to do? Is Madde going to stay in NY? Perhaps have an American vacation? That would be interesting if she went to Hawaii or Florida or something.

found old pictures of Princess Lilian and Prince Bertil of Sweden during their summer holiday

HRH Princess Lilian of Sweden, Duchess of Halland and her husband HRH Prince Bertil, Duke of Halland on summer vacation in their Côte d'Azur home.
July 6, 1988
Sainte Maxime, France
(by James Andanson/Corbis)

http://imageshack.us

She did didn't she.:cool:

Thanks for those photos purple platinum.:)

The royal family and guests together at Solliden, probably last summer

photo by Suvad Mrkonjic

The King, Victoria and her friends Josephine, Andrea and Caroline boating in the summer of 2003

photo by Stefan Söderström

Are the Royal Family excluding the King and Queen still on holiday at Solliden?

Thanks.

Gita said:
Are the Royal Family excluding the King and Queen still on holiday at Solliden?

Thanks.
I think so, nothing else have been reported. But I think princess Madeleine is on her way to St Tropez any day now :)

King and queen are still on their official trip to China.

Aftonbladet has an article about the royal familys summer activities.
  • Victoria and Daniel met at Öland after Daniels trip to Båstad and after a few weeks at Solliden they went to Sicily and stayed at Grand hotel Villa Igiea. At the end of July they visited Daniels parents in Ockelbo
  • Madeleine and Jonas went to St Tropez and when they got tired of the french riviera they visited Hamburg (I think they just changed plane there on their way back to Sweden but who knows :) ) Ofcourse they went to Öland aswell and celebrated Victorias birthday together with rest of the family.
  • Carl Philip and a friend visited Båstad and went waterskiing. He also stoped by Gothenburg on the west coast and the Volvo Ocean Race.
Now the holiday are over and its time to go back to buisness again. Victoria will begin the Diplomat programme. Carl Philip and Madeleine´s plans are not yet finished.

photos from Patrik Österberg, Essfoto/ Scanpix, Allover press Norway and Christina Herlin

Last edited by a moderator:
I lover these photo's thanks a lot. but isn't it irritating for them to have always paparrazi around them..?? I would go nuts and become agressive.

these are great, but your right the paparrazi would make me nuts

I love all the pictures, but isn't it bothering the RF that they are standind in the spotlight, even on holliday?? Madeleine was a very cute child btw..:)

DAM No. 32

Does anybody know whether the holiday photos of the Swedish royals on cover of current DAM No. 32 are new?
Or are they maybe from last year's vacation in St. Maxime?
Thanks in advance for any information! :flowers:

Does anybody know whether the holiday photos of the Swedish royals on cover of current DAM No. 32 are new?
Or are they maybe from last year's vacation in St. Maxime?
Thanks in advance for any information! :flowers:

They are new. atleast the ones of Madeleine inside the magazine. The cover photo of the rc might be an old one

They are new. atleast the ones of Madeleine inside the magazine. The cover photo of the rc might be an old one
Thank you, Yennie, for your quick reply. :flowers:
Do you know where the Royal Family spends their holidays? Is there any information available in Sweden about where they are?
I'd love to see some photos of the RF in the sun, like we used to see in former times.

Thank you, Yennie, for your quick reply. :flowers:
Do you know where the Royal Family spends their holidays? Is there any information available in Sweden about where they are?
I'd love to see some photos of the RF in the sun, like we used to see in former times.

Madeleine and Silvia were in St Tropez late june. And a few weeks ago when Victoria celebrated her birthday the whole family was at Öland.
A few days ago there were reports thta Madeleine and Jonas stayed at his parents house close to Båstad in south Sweden.

There is a photo (quite bad, but still a photo) here ; Madeleine och Jonas höll sig undan! - Hotgossip

Yennie, thanks for the information about the royal family spend there holiday!

But it is pitty for us to see no pictures of the queen and Princess Madeleine (only the few in swedish magazine few weeks ago) of there holiday End of June in St. Maxime.

Unfortunately I don't buy the DAM-magazine in Germany. Who can publish the sites in DAM Nr.32 and publish here or with link?

Do somebody links to agency with pictures from the holiday?

Madeleine and Silvia were in St Tropez late june. And a few weeks ago when Victoria celebrated her birthday the whole family was at Öland.
A few days ago there were reports thta Madeleine and Jonas stayed at his parents house close to Båstad in south Sweden.
There is a photo (quite bad, but still a photo) here ; Madeleine och Jonas höll sig undan! - Hotgossip
Dear Yennie, thanks for the information about the summer holiday of the RF and for the picture of Madeleine and Jonas. Even if we can only see the back of them. :angel:
Unfortunately in the last years we didn't really get to see pictures of the RF during their holidays. Are all of the Paparazzi sleeping or is there an agreement not to take private pictures of the RF during holiday?
I am really curious because I love the private side of them very much. And I loved the official photo shootings in former times, when the press was invited to Solliden.
Hope that Victoria will pick up this tradition once she has her own family!

Last edited:
DAM-magazine has publish one picture of the king and queen (with Madeleine and friends) in St.Maxime. Here a link:

Kungaparet trivs bäst till havs - Svensk Damtidning

This picture didn't taken End of June. At this time the king was in Grönland!
When did this picture taken?
Thats an old photo, perhaps from 2004 or so. And I dont think its Madeleine in the photo. The girls looks very young... my guess is that its the children of some friends of the royal couple

In the magazine Se & Hör there is two photos of Madeleine and her friend Lussan in St Tropez taken on the last days of june this year. (the photo in the middle of Madeleine and Silvia is from 2000). Ritva posted a scan of the article on her site http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid6089a.jpg

Last edited:
Yennie, thanks for the information!

But, I think the picture is new. The queen wear a bikini, which I don't see before. The last years the wear orange swimsuit, yellow and pink bikini! But when is it taken?

The pictures Madeleine and Lussan in Se+Hör I see, too. I know, that the middle picture Madeleine/Silvia is from 2000 (Madeleine has dark hair).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom