The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-07-2015, 01:39 PM
Serene Highness

Someone is selling a Christmas Card from the Royal Family on Ebay from 1987. It is addressed to Prince Charles and Princess Diana
Signed Autograph Christmas Card King Carl XVI Gustav Queen Silvia Sweden 1987

Old 12-07-2015, 04:06 PM
Majesty

That's interesting! I wonder who might owns that card. Surely, it must be original...

Old 12-07-2015, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Someone is selling a Christmas Card from the Royal Family on Ebay from 1987. It is addressed to Prince Charles and Princess Diana
Signed Autograph Christmas Card King Carl XVI Gustav Queen Silvia Sweden 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
That's interesting! I wonder who might owns that card. Surely, it must be original...

I guess the roof of the dining room at Buckingham palace is going to cost more than expected if the Windsors are selling off their old Christmas cards

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-07-2015, 05:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I guess the roof of the dining room at Buckingham palace is going to cost more than expected if the Windsors are selling off their old Christmas cards

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
I had the same thought!
Old 12-16-2015, 04:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip and Sofia received the Christmas Trees to the Royal Palaces from the students at the program of forestry at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.
Prinsparet tog emot granar - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

HQ photos
Pressbilder Aktuella händelser - Sveriges Kungahus
Court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/_WL68GP8...-by=kungahuset

It would have been great to see Estelle receiving the trees like on two previous years.

The royal family attends at the Christmas Church Service at the Royal Chapel a little later. After the Church Service there has been on previous years the Christmas lunch for the staff of the Court, where the royal family attends.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:06 AM
Royal Highness

@Lady Finn - will Victoria, Daniel and Estelle do a Christmas video like they did in the past couple of years? I really like them; but I can't choose which one I like more.

The family baking cookies:

The family decorating the Christmas tree:

Old 12-16-2015, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Nothing has been released yet as far as I'm aware,the Swedish Royal Family Youtube page was updated yesterday and there's nothing on it...yet!

21st of February 1575,Death of Claude de France,Duchess of Lorraine.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Christmas greeting from the crown princess couple and princess Estelle, video and photos. Done at Bagarstugan at Skansen.
En julhälsning från Kronprinsessparet och Prinsessan Estelle - Sveriges Kungahus

HQ photos can be downloaded from here
http://www.kungahuset.se/pressrum/pr...agesOnly=true]

The video at court Youtube

It was quite clear that they would publish the greeting today, because today there are no work events at the calendar. Wonderful greeting on this year too! I love that Estelle is so brisk and energetic.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I wonder what are they baking it was short but cute festive video.

21st of February 1575,Death of Claude de France,Duchess of Lorraine.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:32 AM
Aristocracy

What an adorable family, there is so much love and joy in this family that they could bottle it and make everyone happy. Princess Estelle is such a beauty and so full of life and energy.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:38 AM
Serene Highness

I wonder whether they will start to alternate at some point once Estelle has a brother or sister and Carl Philip and Sofia have their child. At this point I understand the focusing on Estelle, since Leonore is not exactly in that alley, but next year she is not 'the only one' anymore.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I wonder whether they will start to alternate at some point once Estelle has a brother or sister and Carl Philip and Sofia have their child. At this point I understand the focusing on Estelle, since Leonore is not exactly in that alley, but next year she is not 'the only one' anymore.
Did you lose count, there are at this time, 2 other children besides Princess Estelle in the entire royal family, Princess Madeleine has 2 babies at this point. Don't understand what your trying to say.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBirds View Post
Did you lose count, there are at this time, 2 other children besides Princess Estelle in the entire royal family, Princess Madeleine has 2 babies at this point. Don't understand what your trying to say.
I did not lose count at all. Theoretically there are 3 royal grandchildren, but in practice Estelle is the only one to do this. Would you see Princess Leonore in such a video? Or Prince Nicolas in the future? Or them both? I don't think Princess Madeleine and Christopher would be very eager to do it like that.
Carl Philip and Sofia are, in position, closer to Victoria and Daniel than Madeleine and Christopher so there might be a chance that they will also start a tradition and that will cause the alternation.
Not saying it will happen, just that I think it would be nice.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:06 AM
Royal Highness

This year's video - great! I wonder what they are baking?

As for next year, I think the Christmas video is the Crown Princess Family's signature greeting for the holidays and the new baby of course will be part of Christmas 2016. The Prince Couple and the Princess Couple may do their own things for their families for Christmas greetings.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
This year's video - great! I wonder what they are baking?

As for next year, I think the Christmas video is the Crown Princess Family's signature greeting for the holidays and the new baby of course will be part of Christmas 2016. The Prince Couple and the Princess Couple may do their own things for their families for Christmas greetings.
I think that would be a great idea for the future with all families showing something like this with all the children so that everyone gets a chance to have a Holiday greeting of their own. The more the merrier I would think. Princess Estelle is one of the cutest little girls out there, her bubbly personality just shines in every picture and video that I have seen.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:28 AM
Serene Highness

That would be great, an individual Christmas greeting by the families apart. Something for everyone.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:30 AM
Majesty

I was eager to see what this gorgeous family would be up to this year, and now I've go my treat! Estelle is a charming little girl and I can't wait to see the new baby soon!
Old 12-18-2015, 10:33 AM
Serene Highness

This is all very promising though, I hope they will also release a new family photo like the one they did last year. That one was very nice.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:52 AM
Courtier

They are baking tunnbröd. A quite thin bread (you can see that Estelle is having problems with the thin bread doe) usually made of rye grain. It's still common that people in the contryside (like where I grew up) bake their own bread in the villages bakers cottage.