Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 4: July 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MUM-TO-BE LETIZIA LOOKING JUST PEACHY

22 SEPTEMBER 2005

The pregnant wife of Spain's heir to the throne, now in her seventh month, continues to blossom as she performs her official duties, accompanying her husband Felipe to the Andalusian city of Seville.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/09/22/felipeandletizia/

Expecting their first child in November, Crown Prince Felipe and wife Letizia have been busily attending to official engagements

The princess, who wore a peach coloured top and cream trousers for the occasion, has been the image of understated elegance throughout her pregnancy

A model presents a t-shirt by designer Gori de Palma showing a skeleton of a fetus wearing a royal crown during the spring-summer 2006 collection at the Pasarela Gaudi fashion show (BCN Fashion Week) in Barcelona, Spain September 21, 2005. The t-shirt represents an irony of the excess of news and attention surrounding the pregnancy of Spain's Princess Letizia, according to De Palma. NEWS.COM

Attachments

• rtrlive053206.jpg
    rtrlive053206.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 217
  • rtrlive053208.jpg
    rtrlive053208.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 181
rchainho said:
A model presents a t-shirt by designer Gori de Palma showing a skeleton of a fetus wearing a royal crown during the spring-summer 2006 collection at the Pasarela Gaudi fashion show (BCN Fashion Week) in Barcelona, Spain September 21, 2005. The t-shirt represents an irony of the excess of news and attention surrounding the pregnancy of Spain's Princess Letizia, according to De Palma. NEWS.COM

It seems to me to be very disagreeable. But the designer only seeks for the polemic and publicize.:mad:
It seems that last year designed a vest asking for the freedom for Farruquito, a famous dancer who knocked down a man and it was made dead in the highway, and that allowed that his small brother should accuse because for to the minor being of age is fewer years of penalty.:eek:
So I believe that we us can was waiting for any thing of this designer.

rchainho said:

This is downright obnoxious ::eek::

What's the sex of Princess Letizia's baby?..I hope its a boy so it will be different this time coz lately, crown couples of europe ( Netherlands,Norway,Belgium) produce female first born..Anyways, whether boy or girl, it doesnt matter, as long as mommy leti and royal baby are healthy ;) :)

Last edited:
I found these two pieces in Gala magazine, but I don't speak French. Would any of our members kindly translate them?

thanks a lot,
Anna

http://www.gala.fr/modules/sondage/sondage.php?rub=4&sdg_id=122

Sondage: Letizia Ortiz

INSUFFLERA-T-ELLE DE LA MODERNITÉ AU ROYAUME D'ESPAGNE ?

Le 22 mai, cette ancienne présentatrice de télévision réalisera le rêve de princesse de nombreuses petites filles espagnoles : elle épousera le futur roi.

Loin d'avoir le sang bleu, cette fille d'une infirmière syndicaliste a dû servir des pizzas pour se payer un voyage en Colombie. Divorcée, féministe, agnostique, elle ne colle pas exactement à l'image d'une famille royale traditionaliste.

http://www.gala.fr/modules/sondage/sondage.php?rub=4&sdg_id=166

Sondage: la princesse Letizia

SERA-T-ELLE UNE BONNE REINE D’ESPAGNE ?

"Propulsée sur le devant de la scène royale espagnole et internationale, après son mariage avec le prince héritier Felipe, Letizia Ortiz ne peut faillir à son rôle de princesse et de future reine d’Espagne. Après huit mois de mariage, l’ancienne journaliste travaille dur pour être prise au sérieux et seconder au mieux son époux.

L’enjeu est de taille et le chemin semé d’embûches. Ex-roturière, divorcée, Letizia doit mériter ses multiples titres, en particulier celui de future Altesse royale. Ayant d’ores et déjà le soutien de sa belle-mère, la reine Sophie, la jeune femme saura certainement, en pro des médias, conquérir le cœur de ses sujets. Mais son plus grand challenge sera sans nul doute de donner un héritier au trône d’Espagne… "

These are very old articles, Anna. I don't think they have much interest... The first one is full of imprecise statements, but here it is, anyway:

Will she bring modernity to the kingdom of Spain?

May 22 - this former T.V. presenter will carry out the princess dream of many young Spanish girls: she will marry the future king. Far from having blue blood, this daughter of a nurse trade unionist had to serve pizzas to save money for her trip to Colombia. Divorced, feminist, agnostic, she doesn’t exactly represent the traditional image of a member of a royal family.

Will she be a good queen of Spain?

"Propelled in the very middle of the Spanish and International royal scene, after marrying prince Felipe, Letizia Ortiz cannot fail in her role of princess and future queen of Spain. After eight months of marriage, the former journalist works hard to be taken seriously and to assist her husband as well as possible. The task is serious and the way is full of difficulties. Ex-commoner, divorced, Letizia must deserve her multiple titles, in particular that of future Majesty. Having now the chance of supporting her mother-in-law, Queen Sofia, this young lady will certainly know to conquer the heart of her fellow subjects. But her greatest challenge will be, without any doubt, producing an heir to the Spanish throne... "

http://www.elcomerciodigital.com/pg050923/prensa/noticias/Cuencas/200509/23/GIJ-CUE-112.html

The House of the King sends to the Principality the request of help of Menasa's staff

On August 29, the wives of the workers of Menasa decided to tackle actions in order that the problem of the staff of the metallurgical company of the Nalón did not forget. Between the first initiatives, they sent a letter to the princess of Asturias in which they were exposing the situation of the company and of her families and were asking for help.
The request has been listened. The women received yesterday a note of the Office of Planning and Coordination of the House of the King in which they infrma of that the princess of Asturias has received the letter. The chief of the Office, " in agreement with the instructions of her Royal Highness, has sent the same one to the Department of Work and Social Matters and to the Council of Industry and Employment of the Principality, in order that or studies the corresponding organism and, in it case, there makes them come directly the resolution that proceeds ", it indicates the note, signed the past 15 of September.

Elsa M. said:
These are very old articles, Anna. I don't think they have much interest... The first one is full of imprecise statements, but here it is, anyway:

Thanks for translating them Elsa, my very little knowledge of French had given me that impression, but, since I'm not fluent at it, I thought I might be wrong... too bad I wasn't.

rchainho said:

This is so incredibly tasteless and tacky. This is most definitely not fashion. :mad:

I read in the Belgian forum that the Belgian royal court had announced that Mathilde would be stopping her royal duties shortly before she had her baby to rest up. Will Letizia be doing something similar? Will she take a rest and halt her engagements in November sometime?

I can't really see Letizia doing this as she's so hard working and I think she would be bored to tears if she had to just sit around her house waiting for the baby to be born, but I think it's a valid thing to do. I know I would want to do the same thing.

Genevieve said:
This is so incredibly tasteless and tacky. This is most definitely not fashion. :mad:

I read in the Belgian forum that the Belgian royal court had announced that Mathilde would be stopping her royal duties shortly before she had her baby to rest up. Will Letizia be doing something similar? Will she take a rest and halt her engagements in November sometime?

I can't really see Letizia doing this as she's so hard working and I think she would be bored to tears if she had to just sit around her house waiting for the baby to be born, but I think it's a valid thing to do. I know I would want to do the same thing.

In Spain the Royal House has not announced anything on till when the Princess is going to continue with her trips and activities. What the whole world thinks is that if everything is OK and does not arises no type of problem she will continue her activities up to the Prince of Asturias Prizes on October 21.
The certain thing is that in the last weeks they have had enough trips to Prague, Seville, Milan, Bilbao. But there is thought that already only she will go of Madrid to the Prizes and probably also to the Latin-American Summit that is celebrated in Salamanca on October 14.
October 12 is also the National Day.
I believe that the acts that are Madrid will continue fulfilled by her while she could and if they adapt to her condition.

Last edited:
lula said:
In Spain the Royal House has not announced anything on till when the Princess is going to continue with her trips and activities. What the whole world thinks is that if everything is OK and does not arises no type of problem she will continue her activities up to the Prince of Asturias Prizes on October 21.

Thank you lula for the answer. I think it will be wonderful to see Letizia at the Prince of Asturias Prizes at the end of the month.

Do you know what her schedule is like for the next few weeks until she is due to give birth? Will she be going on any trips or will her royal duties be predominantly within Spain and in Madrid?

Genevieve said:
Thank you lula for the answer. I think it will be wonderful to see Letizia at the Prince of Asturias Prizes at the end of the month.

Do you know what her schedule is like for the next few weeks until she is due to give birth? Will she be going on any trips or will her royal duties be predominantly within Spain and in Madrid?

The agenda of the Spanish Royal Family is confirmed with a few days of precedence for safety motives, so there are not known very well the acts that she will have. The press has her ideas. This week only I have read that the Prince has an act in Palma, but it is a military act and I do not believe that she comes. Not if there will be more activities this week.
How I have said before the following week if she will have several acts. The day of the national day there is military parade and receipt to the authorities. On the 14th and 15th it is the Latin-American Summit, not if the Princes will come or not. The Kings are the hosts, and it would be logical that the Princes were coming to some of the acts, since he is the Prince Felipe who represents Spain in the acts of capture possession of the Latin-American Presidents. But nothing is confirmed.
The delivery of the Prizes Prince of Asturias is the 21st, but they have many activities the previous and posterior day.

My impression, and the one that I believe that ithas the Spanish press, is that this month they will limit themselves to these acts, at least Letizia.

lula said:
The agenda of the Spanish Royal Family is confirmed with a few days of precedence for safety motives, so there are not known very well the acts that she will have. The press has her ideas. This week only I have read that the Prince has an act in Palma, but it is a military act and I do not believe that she comes. Not if there will be more activities this week.

Thanks again lula.

I had forgotten what a high priority security is for the Spanish royals and understand the reasons for their agenda being kept private until a few days.

Lunalu said:
An article from "La Tribuna digital" :

La princesa Letizia, Camarera de Honor de "La Amargura"

http://www.diariolatribuna.com/Cuenca/secciones.cfm?secc=Local&id=216523

Princess Letizia, Camarera de Honor of ‘La Amargura’
Board of directors of the Brotherhood of San Juan and the Virgin wants the wife of the heir of the throne to accept this position

HELI PÉREZ / CUENCA

The work has recompensated the people in charge of the Venerable Hermandad de Nuestra Señora de la Amargura con San Juan Apóstol. After elaborating a complete one to dossier to obtain the title of 'Royal' to this brotherhood, the Royal House finally has studied in depth the case and has accepted that one of its members takes part in it.

Therefore, the princess of Asturias and Viana, holds the position of honor of those women who dedicate themselves to decorating to the procesional parade.

This can be verified at the brotherhood's headquarters, next to the Church of El Salvador, where already is the parchment in which the Royal House accepts that the princess takes part in this brotherhood

This it is just the first step towards the high-priority objective of the Brotherhood, that is not other than to obtain the title of Royal that it already had when was united with the brotherhood of the Virgin of Angustias.

In order to achieve this, a great work on the part of the Board of directors of this brotherhood has been necessary.

Based on the title of Royal that this brotherhood had when together with the Virgin of Angustias, the president, Pedro Paños, was in charge to make a complete dossier so that this honor applied to this brotherhood, but now in solitaire.

At the moment it has not been possible, but the cabinet of the palace of la Zarzuela established as a condition to obtain this status that a member of the royal family took part of the Brotherhood, and finally they chose Doña Letizia.

Spanish girl

I am Spanish. Spanish people don´t ike Leticia ver much. she is very rude.

some spanish don't like her, and i know it. Are opinions to respect like yours.

olili said:

Olili,

Unless you have a reliable and documented source to base this information this is purely gossip and hearsay, which is against our Posting Rules and Guidelines, that are found in this link: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f14/amended-trf-posting-rules-guidelines-4920.html

If you think that Princess Letizia is rude, that is fine, this is your opinion and we respect that. But to include the whole Spaniard population in this statement is wrong if don't have a reliable source to base this information on.

thank you,
Anna_R
Spanish Forums SuperModerator

olili said:

I´m also Spanish. And the spanish people like much the princess. If you don´t like, it is your opinion, but you don´t say that all.

olili said:

I'm all for gossip, but come on, you should at least let us know what you base this on, i.e. that <all> of your extended friends and family don't like her because you happen to know that x, y or z anecdote happened or whatever. Or, perhaps magazine x, y or z did a poll among the Spanish to find out how people think about her etc.

I agree that purely judging from appearances in the media, Letizia doesn't exactly always come across as the epitome of a demure, polite-to-the bone, princess, Lady Di-style.

What with the fact that yes, she was an amitious go-getter in her job (hence the role as tv presenter, a coveted thing to be chosen to do) and in her personal life (as a student, she 'nailed' and married her professor, among other things--let alone catching the eye of the then most desired bachelors in her nation): plus, ok., the fact that the very first time we saw footage of her in connection to her future role in the Spanish royal family, she managed to put her husband-to-be in his place!

The above, again, might be the reason people like you, Ollili, are a bit biased against the girl. Can't say I blame you for that.

But media coverage can often tweak the way someone really is. So again, unless you either met the woman, or know people firsthand who did, and/or can b ack up your opinion with some background, unless you can do that, I can't really take you seriously..

There is not such a man in the world who everybody loves. I am sure that many people like Letizia and there are many people who don't like her. Just because olili posted a negative opinion it doesn't mean at all that it doesn't true.

anyone know when we'll be able to see Letizia again?>

Christmas?? are there christmas gatherings for the spanish royal family?

nuk said:
There is not such a man in the world who everybody loves. I am sure that many people like Letizia and there are many people who don't like her. Just because olili posted a negative opinion it doesn't mean at all that it doesn't true.

I agree with you that Olili might be right: as I said, to me personally, Letizia certainly comes across as a woman who doesn't accept 'no' for an answer; an uber-achiever who doesn't give an inch until she gets exactly what she wants, be it a crown prince, a tv job, whatever. (this doesn't mean I don't like her: I'd honestly rather sit next to her at a dinner, say, than with politically correct, goody-two-shoes-but-otherwise-vacant Mary of Denmark. At least with Letizia, you could expect an interesting and meaningful conversation!)

But that's just my personal opinion and as such, I can't exactly say that the entire nation of Spain agrees with my point of view.

I love letizia, and I don´t have to justified in front on anybody...

olili said:

I am curious what do the Spanish people think of their future queen is a divorced woman?

truth said:
I am curious what do the Spanish people think of their future queen is a divorced woman?
Oilili can't speak for the entire Spanish people to answer your question. Judging from the fact that he/she doesn't like Letizia, he/she is just going to say that everyone gives her a thumbs-down.

planetcher said:
Oilili can't speak for the entire Spanish people to answer your question. Judging from the fact that he/she doesn't like Letizia, he/she is just going to say that everyone gives her a thumbs-down.

My guess of what the Spanish people would think of a divorced woman to become crown princess, is that it likely depends per generation. for example, die-hard catholics over the age of 65 might have to get used to the idea. While others of the generation of Letizia probably don't mind at all.

I have a friend there who works as a reporter at one of Spain's largest newspaper. This reminds me of what she always says about Spain: that it doesn't really exist. Spain is really four (4!) different countries forced to work as one nation. (ok that would be the Catalan, Basque, among others)

So perhaps these ethnic groups have their own opinions on the whole royal thing, Letizia included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom