Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 54: February - September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke, the original story was from an internet blog, no way to know if there was any truth to it, or the story had been exaggerated. "cualquiera" sounded very Galician Spanish and Letizia is an Asturian. On Felipe and Letizia reminding each other that it was time to go, it happened all the time, but usually Felipe was the one watching the clock.

Last edited:
myroyal's: THE ASTUR

poor Sofía, so young and going to be 4 years old in April and already wearing glasses. well its for eye's correction. so maybe it will cure her eyesight

Couldn't they have gotten her, well a more attractive pair? I wonder if she picked those out...

Couldn't they have gotten her, well a more attractive pair? I wonder if she picked those out...

They are special glasses for children. The glasses are designed and made of a material that prevents them from breaking or hurting the children.

They are special glasses for children. The glasses are designed and made of a material that prevents them from breaking or hurting the children.
thats right! all of the young children that i know uses that special glasses, they are very good ones. ive only saw blues and pinks. they at least shouldve choose the pink one instead of blue

thats right! all of the young children that i know uses that special glasses, they are very good ones. ive only saw blues and pinks. they at least shouldve choose the pink one instead of blue
What if she likes the blue and not the pink? You know, not all girls have to like pink :whistling:

Audience to the Board of directors of the Academy of the Sciences and the Arts of Television
La Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

http://www.casareal.es/noticias/ima...demia_television/20110324_audiencia_atv_1.jpg

Audience to the Patronage and equipment of the Foundation Integra

http://www.casareal.es/noticias/ima...cion_integra/20110324_audiencia_integra_1.jpg

Audience to a representation of the components of the " Project Stela "

http://www.casareal.es/noticias/ima...proyecto_stela/20110324_audiencia_stela_1.jpg

What if she likes the blue and not the pink? You know, not all girls have to like pink :whistling:
yes i know that (i like more blue than pink color myself). i was only saying that it would suit Sofia better than blue. just my opinion:flowers:

Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe at the audiences of the board of directors of the academy of sciences and arts of television, trustees of the integra team foundation, a representation of the Stela project and a representation of the society of Basque studies Eusko Ikaskuntza at the Zarzuele palace in Madrid.
March 24, 2011

PPE Agency

The pictures from England are quite funny. You can clearly see that it is Letizia who wears the pants in that house! I also believe the post about her saying that Felipe took too long talking to people...it seems that her title is getting to her head (maybe it always did). Little Sofia is taller than Leonor...they are both really cute. I don't like how Letizia is dressed lately. She does not look happy or put together...

how is her title getting to her head in those photos? besides, i find it horribly offensive that a woman who has a strong personality is derided and said to be 'wearing the pants'. the husband doesn't look unhappy about it. maybe he is strong enough to admire and want a strong woman?

how is her title getting to her head in those photos? besides, i find it horribly offensive that a woman who has a strong personality is derided and said to be 'wearing the pants'. the husband doesn't look unhappy about it. maybe he is strong enough to admire and want a strong woman?

Maxima is a strong woman, too. Mathilde and Mary as well, MM has grown into her role either becoming stronger and stronger..... a "weak woman" would not be able to do the job as a CP and Future Queen.
I fully agree with Black -- Felipe has gained a lot of personality since his marriage.... I am sure, she is all, what he wanted. That´s why he has chosen her. And I think it was for the good!
BYe Bine

Felipe grew up with a strong mother and two older sisters so there is no surprise in him marrying a strong woman. Who would want to marry a wimpy woman anyway?

The pictures from England are quite funny. You can clearly see that it is Letizia who wears the pants in that house!
As black already said - what`s funny about that? Should Letizia be criticized for her strong personality? (if she really is as strong as she is portrayed). I have never read anything about Felipe complaining about Letizia being too bossy and that`s what matters, it`s their relationship after all. It`s not our business who`s wearing the pants.

I also believe the post about her saying that Felipe took too long talking to people...it seems that her title is getting to her head (maybe it always did).
Speculation. IF that story is true, there might have been a reason why Letizia said that. Maybe they had another appointment and she didn`t want to be late. There might be many reasons but of course for those who don`t like Letizia, it`s an opportunity to start talking about her arrogance :cool:

Los Príncipes de Asturias recibirán el miércoles a los de Gales - España - www.lacronicabadajoz.com
Felipe and Letizia preside over a dinner in his honor at the Royal Palace the first night.
.​
It will be the second time the Prince of Asturias take so prominent a role, after it premiered in this paper last May, when the King was recovering from lung surgery, and had to receive the heads of state who were participating at the summit between the EU and Latin America.

Los Príncipes de Asturias visitan Badajoz — Digital Extremadura | Tu Periódico Ciudadano
Next Friday, April 1, Their Royal Highnesses Prince and Princess of Asturias Badajoz visit to preside over the opening of the XVI National Congress Youth

La apretada agenda de los Príncipes de Asturias. europapress.es
The agenda of Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia does not support breaks. The Prince attended three consecutive events on Thursday, in lending their support to entities with cultural or social.

Last edited by a moderator:
Felipe grew up with a strong mother and two older sisters so there is no surprise in him marrying a strong woman. Who would want to marry a wimpy woman anyway?

I agree. As a youngest child with 2 older sisters who don't give the impression of being shy, retiring types themselves, he would probably not have a problem with a woman who is likely a type A personality and the oldest of her own family, aka: bossy older sister, which I can personally promise from my own experience with my own B.O.S., gets worse with age, not better.

Bossy older sister types also tend to be very loyal and protective about the people they love so he may find Letizia's forceful personality and strength to be exactly what he needs.

glad that so many agree with me.
whatever letizia's personality may be, it is quite clear from the numerous photos of the couple looking warm and close to each other (and also the numerous complaints from many of the same posters about it) that felipe rather likes it!

glad that so many agree with me.
whatever letizia's personality may be, it is quite clear from the numerous photos of the couple looking warm and close to each other (and also the numerous complaints from many of the same posters about it) that felipe rather likes it!

How can one tell from looking at the photos if a person is bossy or not?

The Hola article said that it was Felipe who arranged the trip. I don't think Letizia is the boss even at home. She is probably the COO, the executor, hubby is the 'CEO' who sets the direction. Felipe is a modest and low key person, the family pretty much follows his style. It said in the press that Felipe was jokingly calling his wife 'the boss' , if he does't have self confidence or resent being bossed around, I doubt he would have called her 'the boss' in front of their friends.

How can one tell from looking at the photos if a person is bossy or not?

exactly my point! of course we all read what we want into the pictures we get so i can't really say anyone is wrong as such. i just dislike the idea that a strong woman is somehow bad. the whole 'well he's miserable cuz she wears the pants' business only works if we were in the 50s :)

exactly my point! of course we all read what we want into the pictures we get so i can't really say anyone is wrong as such. i just dislike the idea that a strong woman is somehow bad. the whole 'well he's miserable cuz she wears the pants' business only works if we were in the 50s :)

Its not just judged on photos there is enough video "evidence" that Letizia is a bossy person, most notably on her engagement day where she told her husband not to interrupt her in front of the world media (after that she was "streamlined" by Zarzuela, no telling off hubby in public, no great gesture or too self confident posing anymore).

I dont mind Letizia being a bossy person at all, I think as a couple she is exactly what Felipe needed, somebody who would kick his butt from time to time because he does come across as boring, goofy or slow. He grew up among strong women and is used to being told what to do anyway.

But its too bad that a bossy woman doesnt fit the job description for the Princess of Asturias or Queen of Spain, Spaniards dont like their future king being presented like a douche by his know-it-all wife. Letizia is being called something like social climber "trepa" in Spain very frequently what probably has to do with her character clashing with her position. I dont think its about Letizia herself, its about the woman's position in the institution, just imagine Queen Sofia would say to the King in public be quiet, I am talking now, unimaginable.

A strong woman is not bad at all but there might be positions where a dominant woman is not very welcome because of the public reception and monarchy - a yesterday's instituition anyway, is one of them (at least for the female consort).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom