Prince Joachim, Current Events 1: September 2004 - 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larzen said:
Joachim has been filmed speeding at speeds between 140 and 170 supposedly with his children and a woman in the car. The photographer that filmed him (and he must also have driven very fast and illegal) has reported him to the police. The police says the will send the case to the department of justice and that the expect them to take it up with the palace. The palace has not commented on it.
The video is available online here
http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=321346:fid=100021711/
I wonder if he will get away with the speeding like Mary did.
Maybe he was trying to escape from the press if the woman was his new girlfriend. Or maybe the woman was just one of his children's nanny's. But he shouldn't speed that much with two small boys in the backseat. It could've been very dangerous for them.

Vicomtesse said:
Maybe he was trying to escape from the press if the woman was his new girlfriend. Or maybe the woman was just one of his children's nanny's. But he shouldn't speed that much with two small boys in the backseat. It could've been very dangerous for them.
I hope that he won´t be abel to get away with that stuppide thing that he just has done.
He migthe be over the law,but think that it is stupid if he is abel to get out of that dangerous thing he just has done to his 2 sons.

Vicomtesse said:
There apparently was no concrete evidence that Mary was speeding. The report came from Se og Hor, a not so reputable magazine.

Since we don't know who the woman in the car was, in all fairness to both the woman and Joachim, we should not assume anything regarding their relationship.

As for speeding, if this story turns out to be true, I hope that both drivers are made accountable for their error in judgement.

I think it is very likely that the woman is the childrens nanny, one of the articles says that Joachim picked up Nikolai, Felix and a blond woman, and I think they have a two nannys that both are blond. That Joachim was speeding is sure (unless someone was borrowing his car) they have him on film and Im sure they have checked the license plate before the ran the story. It is not sure that the children were in the car, there have been no pictures of them. The reporters are equally bad, so I wonder if they will be fined, but Im sure they have made alot of money on this story so Im sure they can afford it.

About the boys....I really love the way Nikolai "looks after" Felix. He´s always holding Felix´s hands or talking to him in that big brotherly way; and he´s only five. It really breaks my heart to see such sweet photos.

H.M. Margrethe said:
I hope that he won´t be abel to get away with that stuppide thing that he just has done.
He migthe be over the law,but think that it is stupid if he is abel to get out of that dangerous thing he just has done to his 2 sons.
Well as a prince he can't be punished by law. The only person who can punish him is Margrethe. I wonder if she will choose to do so, some years ago when Frederik and Joachim were speeding, she made them give a public apology.

if the kids were really in the car wif him, then he has a responsibilty as a father to be a more careful driver. but since there's no officially report on the entire incident, let's not get too carried away.

Two Swedish articles on Joachim's speeding

Summary of the articles:
Both articles report about Prince Joachim’s speeding yesterday evening. They say he was driving a Citroën C8, and has a blond woman at his side and Princes Felix and Nikolai in the backseat. He was headed from north Själland, that he drove the motorway between Helsingör and Copenhagen, and then continued past Lyngbyvej in to the central part of Copenhagen towards Amalienborg when a photographer from Localeye TV saw him and decided to film him during 10 minutes. His pace was between 140 and 170 kilometres/hour, and that several other cars had to hit the brakes to avoid a collision from Joachim’s car. The Copenhagen police have received a report from a person about the incident during the night.

FROM AFTONBLADET:

Här kör Danmarks prins Joachim i 170
Förhörs av polisen efter vansinnesfärd

MALMÖ. Med en blondin vid sin sida och sönerna Felix och Nikolai i baksätet gjorde den danske prinsen Joachim i går kväll en vansinnesfärd mellan Helsingör och Köpenhamn. Hastigheten var ibland uppe i 170 kilometer i timmen. I dag ska prinsen förhöras av polisen.

Skandalerna tar aldrig slut för prins Joachim. Först kris i äktenskapet, sedan ryktena om alkoholproblem och slutligen den uppslitande skilsmässan från Alexandra.

Filmad av fotograf
Nu har en dansk tv-fotograf filmat prinsen under en vansinnesfärd på motorvägen mot Köpenhamn och slottet Amalienborg. Han körde en Citroën C 8 och vid sin sida hade han en blond kvinna. I baksätet satt hans båda barn, prinsarna Felix och Nikolai.

Kom norrifrån
Prins Joachim var på väg från norra Själland till slottet när han uppmärksammades av fotografen som arbetar för Localeye tv. Fotografen följde efter prinsen och fotograferade honom under cirka tio minuter, berättar nyhetschefen på tv-stationen för Aftonbladet.

Snitthastigheten låg på 140 kilometer i timmen på 110-vägen. Ibland var prinsen uppe i 170. Enligt fotografen handlade det periodvis om en ren vansinneskörning med fara för andra trafikanter. Prinsen kom norrifrån och körde ut på motorvägen mellan Helsingör och Köpenhamn och fortsatte sedan i hög hastigheter förbi Lyngbyvej in mot centrala Köpenhamn och slottet Amalienborg.

Prinsen syns tydligt
Bilderna visar klart att det var prins Joachim som körde bilen. Vem kvinnan vid hans sida var är oklart. Det har spekulerats i att prinsen har en svensk flickvän - en kvinna på ett produktionsbolag i Stockholm - men uppgifter säger också att det handlar om en dansk väninna till prinsen.

Flera fick bromsa
Flera bilister fick bromsa in för att inte kollidera eller bli påkörda av prinsen.
- Vi har fått en anmälan om körningen men ännu inte hunnit kontrollera vad som verkligen hänt, sa vakthavande befäl vid polisen i Köpenhamn i natt.
- Vi måste naturligtvis förhöra Joachim i dag.

EXPRESSEN

Prinsens galna färd till slottet

Prins Joachim av Danmark har polisanmälts för en vansinneskörning.
Med i bilen fanns en ung kvinna och två barn. Den vårdslösa färden har fångats på film.

Prins Joachim är känd för att gilla vackra kvinnor och snabba bilar. I går blev han polisanmäld för att ha kört fort och vårdslöst på motorvägen. En fotograf videofilmade den hasardartade bilturen.

Prinsen körde en kungsblå Citroën C8. I bilen fanns en ljushårig kvinna och två barn. Prinsen var uppe i 170 kilometer i timmen, enligt den videofilmande fotografen.

Flera bilister rapporteras ha väjt för det kungliga ekipaget som pressade på bakifrån. När prinsen svängde in mot Köpenhamns centrum uppges han ha varit nära att köra i diket.

Vittnen efterlystes
Danska kvällstidningen BT efterlyste i går via sin hemsida vittnen till bilfärden.
Prinsen filmades vid halv sex på kvällen när han körde motorvägen från Helsingör mot Köpenhamn. På sträckor där det var 110 körde han enligt fotografen i 140. Bilturen slutade på danska kungafamiljens slott Amalienborg inne i Köpenhamn.

Bilderna spreds snabbt
Bilderna på den anmälda fortkörningen spreds snabbt i går genom nyhetsbyrån Localeyes.tv.
– Vi har fått anmälan och den skickas vidare i systemet, där den troligen slutar i justitiedepartementet, säger vakthavande befäl på Köpenhamnspolisen till danska Ekstrabladet.

I danska skvallertidningar har han kopplats ihop med en svensk kvinna från Stockholm. Hon är drogterapeut men har förnekat att hon och prinsen har en affär.

Why would the nanny sit beside him ???
is it really the way it is done? Though I know that the kids should be always at the backseat.

I hope he would not do it next time. The lives of his two children lies on the way he drives.

I don't believe it YET that he was the one driving. Maybe it was another person.

This is not good. He should be ashamed of himself. Sure, speeding a little bit is not good either but speeding that much. A disgrace. And with his young children in the car. Tsk tsk tsk.

If Joachim was indeed driving then what a no-no! If he chooses to speed when he's driving alone that's his deal but with his little boys in the car! That's terrible.

A totally agree that Joachim shouldn't be speeding, and their really is no excuse. I am however a little more understanding today because on the news yesterday the photographer said he didn't know it was Joachim he was following until later, but suddenly he admitted that he had seen Joachim get in the car with Nikolai, Felix and the blond woman, and he followed them all the way from Hørsholm to Amalienborg (quite a while!). The photographer was ALSO speeding, and propably causing Joachim to be very stressed because he persisted to follow the princes' car. Of course Joachim should never be speeding, especially not with the boys in the backseat, but I can't help to think that he was severely provoked in this case.

And last week 3 young people were killed when a car bursted into then because he was driving to fast.
Maybe Joachim should think about such cases before he drives to fast him self.
It is totally respectfull

Betina

galuhcandrakirana said:
Joachim speeding with the children in the car...:eek: :eek: :eek:..... If all of the news are true I'll really dislike Joachim :mad:.
Apparently Joachims secretary has confirmed that Joachim WAS driving the car, so it is true unfortunately. Other than that the court hasn't commented the incident.

MarieLouise said:
A totally agree that Joachim shouldn't be speeding, and their really is no excuse. I am however a little more understanding today because on the news yesterday the photographer said he didn't know it was Joachim he was following until later, but suddenly he admitted that he had seen Joachim get in the car with Nikolai, Felix and the blond woman, and he followed them all the way from Hørsholm to Amalienborg (quite a while!). The photographer was ALSO speeding, and propably causing Joachim to be very stressed because he persisted to follow the princes' car. Of course Joachim should never be speeding, especially not with the boys in the backseat, but I can't help to think that he was severely provoked in this case.
Now that sounds like a plausible excuse. Doesn't make it right but it sounds plausible.

Ennyllorac said:
Now that sounds like a plausible excuse. Doesn't make it right but it sounds plausible.
Well i don´t think that ther is any excuse for what Prince Joachim just has done.
He was in danger to the other drivers on the higway and to his 2 sons and the blond lady in the frontseat of his car.
If i was Queen Margrethe then i woud take his driverslicens and make him take it all over with his brother,sister-inlaw and his aunt Benedikte.

Last edited:
H.M. Margrethe said:
Well i don´t think that ther is any excuse for what Prince Joachim just has done.
He was in danger to the other drivers on the higway and to his 2 sons and the blond lady in the frontseat of his car.
If i was Queen Margrethe then i woud take his driverslicens and make him take it all over with his brother,sister-inlaw and his aunt Benedikte.

i totally agree.....i mean..in any situation he shouldn't do something that dangerous on the road that may cause accidents and he should think clearly about the consequences of an accident before speeding!!!! i would say i feel sad for Princess Alexandra for having such husband.....

If Joachim found guilty of speeding, I must say that he must be punished. Probably, these royals (Fred, Mary and Aunt Benedikte)think since theyre above the law and cannot be punished they can do whatever they want (like speeding) and dont think the consequences. He should served as a role model for the people not a bad influence on them.

H.M. Margrethe said:
When did Princess Benedikte get caught speeding? And how much over the speed limit was it?

Alexandria said:
When did Princess Benedikte get caught speeding? And how much over the speed limit was it?
I think that Joachim was going 160 in a 110 zone.

Yes, it sounds like he might have been speeding to get away from this Video crew especially if it was a "chase" over a long distance. No excuse but he might have been provoked a tad. But still.

"He should served as a role model for the people not a bad influence on them."

I agree.

Clare said:
If Joachim found guilty of speeding, I must say that he must be punished. Probably, these royals (Fred, Mary and Aunt Benedikte)think since theyre above the law and cannot be punished they can do whatever they want (like speeding) and dont think the consequences. He should served as a role model for the people not a bad influence on them.

Princess Alexandra did also drive to fast a couple of times

Moonlightrhapsody said:
I think that Joachim was going 160 in a 110 zone.
No, on this highway you are allowed to drive 90 and the gues is that he drove 140

Last edited by a moderator:
Bah, I've checked the news print and they can't give me a consistent answer! They range from the speed limit being 80 - 110 and that he was driving between 140 - 170 km/h! Stupid media.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
Bah, I've checked the news print and they can't give me a consistent answer! They range from the speed limit being 80 - 110 and that he was driving between 140 - 170 km/h! Stupid media.
He, he. I'll agree the media are often stupid, but the reason for the different limits is because somewhere on that highway you are allowed to go 80 and at other parts you may go 110.

Well anyway the news is, that the police says they don't have enough proof based on the video, so Joachim can't be charged with speeding.

Last edited:
It said in an article that a blond woman ws in the car with him. Bu t i don't think he or any other member of the royal family should get charged. they should just quickly learn from their mistakes so this privilege won't get taken away from them.

MarieLouise said:
Apparently Joachims secretary has confirmed that Joachim WAS driving the car, so it is true unfortunately. Other than that the court hasn't commented the incident.
I just read the news in this link http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/english/article302798.ece... It said that he was driving in 170km/hour...and (as you said) the court hasn't commented the incident.....geeeezzzz.... I have a question...what is going to be happened if the royal family member speeding then hurt or causing the death of somebody else? does the court will do nothing? will they still get immunity?:confused:

galuhcandrakirana said:
I just read the news in this link http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/english/article302798.ece... It said that he was driving in 170km/hour...and (as you said) the court hasn't commented the incident.....geeeezzzz.... I have a question...what is going to be happened if the royal family member speeding then hurt or causing the death of somebody else? does the court will do nothing? will they still get immunity?:confused:
It's hard to say, because as far as I know nothing like that has ever happened. I know nothing of law, so anyone who does please correct me if I'm wrong... But I think that according to the law the royal (danish at least) family is immune, and you would have to change the constitution if a member should be punished. I don't know if they would change the law in such a serious matter, lets hope it will never be necesarry to cange it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom