Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juanita

Royal Highness
City
Country
Portugal
Is there any news on the this year's Summer holidays?
I have been looking for, but haven't found anything yet.

The royal family won't be in Palma before the 25th of july. I read that in an article but I can't find it!

The royal family won't be in Palma before the 25th of july. I read that in an article but I can't find it!

This year there will no be the Breitling Cup, so they will delay their arrival. The King and the Queen will be from July 30 to August 1 in Madeira invited by the President of Portugal.

Is there any news on the this year's Summer holidays?
I have been looking for, but haven't found anything yet.

http://www.diezminutos.es/familia_real/felipe_letizia_principes_asturias/los_principes_vacaciones_austeras
This article has some info about the SRF spending their holiday 2009. In order to avoid polemic attacks, it will be shorter and more moderate since many people can’t afford to go on holiday at all these days. Especially the yacht “Fortune” has been the centre of controversy as it costs a lot of money, cruising around with the Borbon women aboard watching their husbands sail does lack a bit common sense. But JC also tightens the belt in Marivent with several measures like exchanging lightbulbs, working with less staff, cancel newspaper abos. It is unlikely that the whole family will be together at some point, so surprise here as Cristina is moving to the US and Elena has her own plans as single parent, as last year already.

- neither Kings nor Princes will go to Majorca to attend the Breitling regatta but will only show up for the Copa del Rey at the end of July or beginning of August.
- with everybody working until end of July, there will be more or less 4 weeks to be spend. It is said that the Kings will do a “working holiday” in Portugal / Madeira and that the Princes will go to Asturias with their daughters.

A journalist wrote a absurdity and others have copied it, but some measures (electrical cars, saving of energy, recycling), they are not new of this year. The journalists should find out and report more, and do less demagoguery.

The King, the Prince and the Princess are not precisely those who more use the Fortuna. I know it, speak about Letizia sells more, but if someone has used the ship in the last summers they are the Duke and Duchess of Palma, in this aspect they have abused very much in the last years.

Neither it is possible to say that the Prince had many vacations last year, between Olympic Games, trip to latin America and accident of plane... he did not have so many days.

http://www.diezminutos.es/familia_real/felipe_letizia_principes_asturias/los_principes_vacaciones_austeras
This article has some info about the SRF spending their holiday 2009. In order to avoid polemic attacks, it will be shorter and more moderate since many people can’t afford to go on holiday at all these days. Especially the yacht “Fortune” has been the centre of controversy as it costs a lot of money, cruising around with the Borbon women aboard watching their husbands sail does lack a bit common sense. But JC also tightens the belt in Marivent with several measures like exchanging lightbulbs, working with less staff, cancel newspaper abos. It is unlikely that the whole family will be together at some point, so surprise here as Cristina is moving to the US and Elena has her own plans as single parent, as last year already.

There was a news about it on TVE a few days ago. The Spanish royal family spend too much money on their summer vacations. No wonder their costs have been cut.

It is not so simple, I do not believe that they spend not much not little, always there are things that can adjust and more in times of crisis.

But not everything is an expense and it also it is necessary to analyze it. The Royal Family is image and advertising for the Balearic Islands, which economy is based fundamentally on the tourism. To have the photos of the Royal Family in the national and international press is great advertising for the tourism. And it is an effect multiplies with international visits like happened with the Prince of Wales, the Clinton, the Jordanian Royal Family...

They spend the vacations in Spain, spend the money in Spain and do advertising of Spain. When the Prince married Letizia the businessmen of the Balearic Islands suffered panic only of thinking that the Prince and the Princess might move their vacations to Asturias.

Yes, I agree with you, LULA. I think the very presence of the royal family in the Balearics and also the fact they spent their holidays and their money there is a plus for a country like Spain where tourism is so important.

Does anyone know, where the photo in this report were taken?

I do hope that the crown prince family will arrive in Palma this weekend!

How wonderful to see the two infantas and their broods. Hope there will be plenty of photos!

Is there not any information about when Felipe and Letizia arrive? and when they attend the races etc?

Is there not any information about when Felipe and Letizia arrive? and when they attend the races etc?

You can read abaut prince Felipe' boat in this article:

El "CAM" competirá en IRC con un Tp52 al mando del Príncipe Felipe - ABC.es - Noticias (in spanish)

Google Traductor (inglish translation from google)

"The 30th is scheduled the first day of training in the waters of the bay of Palma, which was extended to 2 on Sunday night before the official start of racing."

They aren't oficial information abaut when Felipe and Letizia arrive to Palma. I think tomorrow will be the first day we hope for their arrival.:flowers:

The Queen decided to be in Mallorca a few days before the official arrival to see her daughters and grandchildren. How cute little Irene holding on tight to her grandmother´s hand!

Some of the posts regarding the terrorist attack in Mallorca have been moved to this thread , for news on the Royal Family attending the funneral. Other posts contending general info of the atack have been moved to this thread.

Keep in mind that this thread is only to post news and pictures of the Royal Family vacations.

Last edited:
I hope their holidays proceeds peacefully and its nice to know that the family will be present for Arisitidis´baptism.
In the article it also says, that Infanta Elena will go to Washington for a bit to help her sister and family to settle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom