Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
06-08-2009 Copa Prince Felipe at the 28th edition of the King's Cup at the Mallorca island

PPE Agency

Hello,it`s my first post in this forum.I think Leonor and Sofia are sweet and beautiful child.About royal family Mallorca`s vacations,since Prince Felipe started a family,her sisters has lost some protagonism in the spanish media,and they progressively do separate lives.It`s law of live.About the terrorist attack, it DO NOT change royal family summer activities.Yes,they increases their security sistem,but they don`t change their plans.Unfortunately,spanish royal family live with the risk of a attact since ETA beginning so sadly this is not new for they.

Informativos.net - LOS PRÍNCIPES DE ASTURIAS PASEAN CON SUS HIJAS POR LAS CALLES DE PALMA DE MALLORCA
Letizia d'Espagne flâne en famille à Palma de Majorque - Gala France

Queen Sofia waves to the crowd as she arrives at Aghioi Anargiroi monastery near the seaside town of Ermioni, about 190 kilometers southwest of Athens on Thursday, Aug. 6. Aristides-Stavros, the youngest grandson of former King Constantine was christened at a service attended by royal relatives.
Daum/AP/Eurokinissi
Infanta Elena and her children, Felipe Juan Froilan and Victoria Federica at their arrival to the Christening of Prince Pablo of Greece and Marie-Chantall Miller's fifth son.
Belga-EFE

I hope that the Queen and the Infantas return today from Greece and we will see the Queen with Princess Letizia and the little Infantas on Somni this summer also.

Hello,it`s my first post in this forum.I think Leonor and Sofia are sweet and beautiful child.About royal family Mallorca`s vacations,since Prince Felipe started a family,her sisters has lost some protagonism in the spanish media,and they progressively do separate lives.It`s law of live.About the terrorist attack, it DO NOT change royal family summer activities.Yes,they increases their security sistem,but they don`t change their plans.Unfortunately,spanish royal family live with the risk of a attact since ETA beginning so sadly this is not new for they.

Are you refering to Felipe's sisters protagonism in the Spanish media ?

BTW Welcome ;)

Have either of the Kings sisters joined the rest of the Royal Family on Vacation ?

Have either of the Kings sisters joined the rest of the Royal Family on Vacation ?

Infanta Pilar has her own house in Mallorca where she passes the vacations with her family, is not habitual to see her in these public acts.

According to the Royal House, the King and the Princes will be present tomorrow evening at the prize-giving ceremony of the regata:
Casa Real
So the queen hasn´t returned from Greece yet?

Infanta Pilar has her own house in Mallorca where she passes the vacations with her family, is not habitual to see her in these public acts.

Thank you,it would be nice to see Pilar with the rest of the Royal family on holidays .

Queen Sofia misses Copa del Rey trophy presentation

According to the Royal House, the King and the Princes will be present tomorrow evening at the prize-giving ceremony of the regata:
Casa Real
So the queen hasn´t returned from Greece yet?

Seems that Sofia will stay in Greece for some time, it's unfortunate that she doesn't return to show some presence on the island. I wonder whether Letizia and the girls will return to Madrid with Felipe who will travel to Ecuador and leave the island as well and if they will return as a family at all or continue their holidays elsewhere. No pictures this year aboard Fortuna with Grandma and her two youngest grandchildren?

casareal is really keen to keep their schedule going. They even listed the Princes' stroll to Majorca cathedral as "work" in their activity schedule :rolleyes2:
Sus Altezas Reales los Príncipes de Asturias y las Infantas Doña Leonor y Doña Sofía pasean por el casco histórico de Palma. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

casareal is really keen to keep their schedule going. They even listed the Princes' stroll to Majorca cathedral as "work" in their activity schedule :rolleyes2:
Sus Altezas Reales los Príncipes de Asturias y las Infantas Doña Leonor y Doña Sofía pasean por el casco histórico de Palma. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

I believe that it forms a part of the intention of these photographies, they want that they are seen. They are not a normal photographies of the vacations of other years. The press was waiting for the first appearance of the Infantas, and the Royal House chose this place with intention. They chose a tourist place, with an icon of fund like it is the cathedral, knowing that these photos would appear in magazines of the whole world. A great campaign of advertising for Mallorca. This time they have had a good idea.

Thank you so much for the pictures. I love Leonor's smile and Sofia is such a cutie. She's very blonde. :p

those 2 little girls are so precious!! they seem to be very closed and sweet with each other!

What a lovely family! I also hope that Queen Sofia will be back to Mallorca soon. I´d love to see her together with Leonor and Sofia. Today at 17.00 pm I will also fly to Mallorca. Maybe I get the change to see them.

Thank you all very much for the pictures :flowers: It`s so great to see this family and especially the beautiful little angels. Leonor continues to be the most beautiful child I could imagine and Sofia is such a darling cutie. And I love the fact that the Infantas apparently have a very nice relatioship, they seem to be best friends :flowers:

lovely pictures, thanks! the girls are so sweet and well behaved - no public scenes and always so caring with each other... it's great to see how leonor takes such good care of her little sister.

i wonder where letizia buys those lovely dresses for them.

Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia and their daughters Princesses Sofia and Leonor pose for the media at the Nautic Club of Palma Majorca during the 28th King's Sailing Cup at Palma de Majorca's bay.

PPE Agency

Those little girls are gorgeous and they seem to get on very well together. I think that Letizia has their dresses specially made. I remember that on Sofia´s baptism there was something said about that.

It appears to me as bad timing that some members of the SRF turn their backs on Majorca during a time when there has been a terrorist attack in combination with the worst economic downturn in recent years.

Maybe the fact that the struggling public will keep a jealous watch over the use of the SRF's favourite toy, the Fortuna, made the decision easy to move on to countries that offer a more convenient stay than Majorca with its stalking media people. Especially Cristina and her family come to my mind, they were already having none of it in the past two years.
Are you suggesting that the Queen should have missed a family Christening to placate some non-existent criticism?

Considering how much time the SRF has spent in Mallorca I think it's highly unlikely that the people of the island doubt their loyalty and steadfastness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom