State Visit from China. November 27 to 29, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
The President of the People's Republic of China, Xi Jinping, will make a state visit to Spain next week, from November 27 to 29, the first at the highest level for 13 years, as reported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thursday in a press release.

Xi Jinping efectuará una visita de Estado a España la próxima semana - RTVE.es

Although the President will arrive on the 27th and will leave on the 29th, the activities will be developed mainly on the 28th (official reception, gala dinner, meeting with the President of the Government, visit to the Senate and the City Council of Madrid).

On Wednesday, the 27th, His Majesty the King will hold a meeting at Zarzuela Palace with the Chinese President, Xi Jinping. Later, King Felipe and Queen Letizia will offer a dinner to President Jinping and his wife.

On Thursday, the official reception at the Royal Palace of Madrid will take place early in the morning.

Also, His Majesty the Queen together with the First Lady of the People's Republic of China, Ms. Peng Liyuan, will visit the Royal Theater of Madrid.

In the evening, Their Majesties the King and Queen will offer a gala dinner in honor of Their Excellencies the President of the People's Republic of China, Mr. Xi Jinping and Mrs. Peng Liyuan.

Inicio - Actividades y Agenda - Visita de Estado de Sus Excelencias el Presidente de la República Popular China, Sr. Xi Jinping y Sra. Peng Liyuan

Unusual to have a dinner at Zarzuela the night before the Gala Banquet at the Palace.

The agenda was the same during the Chinese President's visit in 2015.
Normally the visiting Head of State has lunch the first day in Zarzuela and the second with the President of the Government, but as this visit is shorter, the Chinese President today dines in Zarzuela and tomorrow he has lunch with the president.

Do we know at what time the State dinner starts? Can't wait to see the first pictures.

The welcome ceremony earlier outside the Palacio Real,looks like it was a cold morning in Madrid.

Letizia wears the loop tiara

Great! She has now worn all 3 Spanish “ big guns” that were not available to her as Princess of Asturias: the Fleur de Lys, Ena’s pearl and diamond tiara, and the Cartier loop.

It was the only tiara she had not yet worn! This tiara suits you very well.

Good to see that explores the Tiara Vaults and tries new tiaras. I onlöy wish that she had worn it more upright instead of so much backwards thens he has worn it.
I just wrote the same on Twitter.
Queen Maria Christina wore the tiara higher up on the head and I think it would have suited Queen Letizia to gather it a little bit more. She has a great tiara friendly hairdo tonight.

I'm really astonished, and of course pleasantly surprised to see her with this tiara. I didn't expect it at a visit from China, but thought it might be worn at a State Visit to or from another monarchy.

the new tiara is lovely, but in my opinion too overpowering on letizia's petite frame.

The queen looked wonderful on all occasions but Peng Liyuan looked very elegant throughout the visit as well.

It is always nice to see the interior of the royal palace. What I remember from my tour of it: the state dining room used to be two separate rooms, of which the separation wall was demolished (IIRC during the reign of Alphonso XII).

I think its interesting that Q.Letizia wore one of the big guns, and also Felipe wore a large Toison de Oro. I´ve noticed Felipe often wears the large Golden Fleece and other decoration, when he is not receiving a foreign honour/decoration.

Additional video clips from the state dinner in the link below. Unfortunately for us who are limited to knowing European languages, the audio is in Mandarin.

One thing that struck me is that King Felipe VI is wearing a Sovereign's necklace insignia of the Order of the Golden Fleece which appears to be much bigger than the necklace insignia he wore at the UK state dinner at Buckingham Palace. Is there any particular reason for that ?

:previous:

It seems that when he receives a foreign order the King gives precedence to it and showcases the new order so he wears a smaller Golden Fleece insignia/less Spanish orders, and when he doesn't, he wears more Spanish orders (including a bigger insignia)

:previous:

It seems that when he receives a foreign order the King gives precedence to it and showcases the new order so he wears a smaller Golden Fleece insignia/less Spanish orders, and when he doesn't, he wears more Spanish orders (including a bigger insignia)

Yes, and I think that’s the general etiquette observed by most courts at these kinds of state visits: highlight the highest order given to you by the other nation, unless they don’t give orders/haven’t given you one, in which case you highlight the highest order you have from your own nation.

Back
Top Bottom