Retrospective of the Spanish Royal Family, Part 2 (June 2006 - July 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
monica821 said:
from seegerpress

These pictures are amazing!!! Juan and Sofia are such nice parents. And the kids are just great! Thank you sooooo much for posting them

Last edited by a moderator:
Family pictures of Counts of Barcelona

1920 - Don Juan (first on right), thrid son of King Alfonso XIII, on beach with others

1945-Lausanne, Switzerland: Don Juan, Duke of Barcelona takes morning stroll on grounds of his home in Lausanne, Switzerland, with his wife, Duchess of Barcelona, and their children. At extreme left is Crown Prince Juan Carlos.

1947 - Estoril

Prince Juan Carlos Photographs His Mother and Prince Alfonso Photographs Dad

Young Juan Carlos with sister and mother - Estoril - 1947

Princes Juan Carlos and Alfonso, Infantas Margarita and Pilar

October 18, 1954
Original caption: In the largest Spanish monarchist gathering in two decades, 1,600 Spaniards as well as 400 guests of other nationalities, attended the lavish coming out ball for Infanta Maria del Pilar, eldest child of pretender to the Spanish throne Don Juan. It was held at a Lisbon hotel. Here, an unsmiling Princess Maria chats with her father, the Pretender Don Juan (right) and ex-King Umberto of Italy (second from right). Her brother, Juan Carlos, is in the background.

Maria Del Pilar Greeting Guests
Original caption: A white gowned infanta Maria del Pilar, daughter of Don Juan, pretender to the Spanish throne, made her debut last week at a glittering ball attended by more than 2,000 persons, including many of Europe's former royal families. The 18 year old infanta is shown (center) between her parents, Don Juan and Princess Maria Merces, as she was introduced to Duarte Nuno, the pretender to the Portuguese throne. Thirty-three Spanish, Portuguese and other debutantes who had been presented to Don Juan earlier watched from a gallery as the infanta was presented. The ball climaxed a two day celebration with a reception held in Don Juan's villa "Giralda." At the reception, Don Juan called on the monarchists to "unite in a sacred vow around the crown" as guest wept and cheered.

(Source: CORBIS)

Wow, I don't know how to thank you, T, for these priceless pictures!!!:)

FROM ABC:

Last edited:
Thank you all so much for these pictures. They're absolutely amazing

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Wow, I don't know how to thank you, T, for these priceless pictures!!!:)

You have nothing to thank for... it is a huge pleasure to find this precious moments... When I found these pictures I was so excited I couldn't wait to share it with you.

Don Alfonso was a very prety boy... He has a face and expressions that Infanta Dona Pilar sons have inherited...

Glad you like it!

Thank you for your findings Lula :).

Regards,
mtbcm :)

what happened to prince alfonso(king's brother )?

thank you elsa
you should be happy now,but our team palyed better.

Dear mtbcm, many thanks for this extraordinaries pics....what a great pleasure to see the young Juan Carlos and his sisters.

FROM HOLA

Last edited:
Thank you very much lula!! ;)

These photos are amazing!

Lula, thanks a lot for your last HOLA pics, I love the pic of the King with both his girls. At first I even thought Elena and Cristina were dressed alike, but that would have been too extraordinary ;)

Searching through the net I found this:

15wmnmf.jpg

15wncw0.jpg

15wndiv.jpg

Source: APL

wow! thanks for those pics crisiñaki! it seems that whenever you go online and search for pics of the SRF, something new (and at times rare!) always comes up. i find it amazing. :)

WONDERFUL!! :D :D
Thank you so much sis! I like very much the first one!

I'm glad you liked them sis! and Rhap, sometimes I just get lucky in my searches!:D

and more:

16266gk.jpg

16266tz.jpg

162672h.jpg

162681l.jpg

Source: APL

Last edited:
Oh my god, that pic of Sofia holding her extremely little newborn Felipe is so cute, thanks for finding and posting, crisinaki!

Clippings from 1985:

1zlrxux.jpg

(HOLA)

He was 17 on that picture, and still very blond!

and very handsome! :)

OMG!:eek:
Those clothes and hairdos in Elena and Cristina were Awful!:eek::eek:
Thank God the 80's are over and they are both very stylish women now:)

State visit from Japan in 1994:

1zqee4i.jpg
1zqeejk.jpg
1zqegrl.jpg
1zqehdg.jpg
1zqei37.jpg
1zqejip.jpg

(HOLA; SEMANA)

iceflower said:
State visit from Japan in 1994:

(HOLA; SEMANA)

This is the dress that The Queen wore on The Kings' recent visit to Jordan isn't it? :confused:

from cover

The Kings with Infanta Elena

The Queen looks so different! :eek:
Yeah! I know she had been pregnant... but anyway she looks really too diferent!

I just found this picture from Hola. It must have been Christmas of 1999

untitled.jpg

I would like to share with you a picture I discovered in a spanish blog, well not exactly a picture but a link to a picture of Princess Sofia, Prince Felipe of Spain next to the wife of General Franco in what seems to be a boat.

Since the picture is posted in a personal blog I'm not sure if we can upload it but I would like you to see it.

Felipe is so little and (then) Princess Sofia looks so beautiful and happy...

http://yofelipe.blogs.terra.es/solo_ella_espanta_mis_fantasmas
I hope you like it... Enjoy!

Two more pictures I found of (then) Princes Juan and Sofia of Spain next to General Franco and his wife.

(Source: COVER.es)

Young Greek Royals in National Dress - 1947
Princess Sophia (l), aged eight, Prince Constantine, aged six, and five-year-old Princess Irene, the children of King Paul and Queen Frederika of Greece, play in the gardens of the royal palace.
(Source: CORBIS)

Wonderful findings, girls! Thank you very much!

Some clippings from 1985:

21bpyfa.jpg

(HOLA)

once again, thanks for the scans my dear K!:)
And I say it again: what an AWFUL hairdo Cristina used to have!:eek::eek::eek:
The she-mullet on its max expression!:eek:
The dress is pure 80's but it's kind of ok, but the hair dear God!:eek:

As always K, you rock!:flowers:
Thanks for sharing your treasures with us one more time

I haven't seen this pic here (KJC was damn fine when he was young!:brows: ) :
23kqn1h.jpg

source: dpa

The scans from you iceflower are just great! I always hope you'll find an old magazine or something else to show us :D
In the most recent ones that you posted (from Hola), Elena actually looks the best of al the Royal ladies IMO, her hair and her dress, everything!

Last edited:
I found these two old pictures of the SRF when they were in Palma years ago.

Photos are from the Real Club Nautico de Palma

King Juan Carlos thrown into the pool

hist22.jpg

Queen Sofia, King Juan Carlos and I believe Prince Felipe as a kid.

hist21.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom