On This Day: Spanish Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On this day, November 24, 1724 ~ Birth of Maria Amalia of Saxony, Queen Consort of King Charles III of Spain, at Dresden Castle in Dresden, Electorate of Spain

On this day, November 24, in the Spanish Monarchy:

700: The Visigothic king Égica orders the royal anointing of his son Witiza, who did not assume all the royal functions until the death of his father in December 702.
1505: The Salamanca Agreement is signed. Fernando the Catholic becomes the regent of Castile and Felipe I the Beautiful and his wife Juana are proclaimed Kings.
1724: Maria Amalia de Sajonia, Spanish and Neapolitan Queen consort, wife of Carlos III, is born.
1745: Maria Luisa de Borbón y Sajonia, Infanta of Spain, Princess of Naples and Sicily and Empress consort of the Holy Roman Empire is born. She is the daughter of Carlos III.

On this day, November 25, 1885 ~ Demise of King Alfonso XII of Spain

On this day, November 28, 1857 ~ Birth of King Alfonso XII of Spain at the Royal Palace in Madrid, Spain

On this day, November 29, 1596 ~ King Philip II of Spain devalued Spanish currency

On this day, December 4, 1714 ~ Birth of Barbara of Portugal, Queen Consort of King Ferdinand VI of Spain, at Ribeira Palace in Lisbon, Portugal

:candycane::candycane::candycane::candycane::candycane::candycane::candycane::candycane::candycane::candycane::candycane:

On this day, December 7, 1803 ~ Birth of Maria Josepha of Saxony, Queen Consort of King Ferdinand VII of Spain, in Dresden, Electorate of Saxony

On this day, December 14, 1784 ~ Birth of Maria Antonia of Naples and Sicily, Princess of Asturias, first spouse of King Ferdinand VII of Spain, at the Royal Palace of Caserta in Caserta, Kingdom of Naples and Sicily

:poinsettia::poinsettia::poinsettia::poinsettia::poinsettia::poinsettia::poinsettia:

On this day, December 14, 1784 ~ Birth of Maria Antonia of Naples and Sicily, Princess of Asturias, first spouse of King Ferdinand VII of Spain, at the Royal Palace of Caserta in Caserta, Kingdom of Naples and Sicily

:poinsettia::poinsettia::poinsettia::poinsettia::poinsettia::poinsettia::poinsettia:

The Princess was named after her maternal aunt Marie Antoinette ,her mother was the Archduchess Maria Carolina of Austria :previous:

On this day, December 19, 1683 ~ Birth of King Philip V of Spain (Philippe of France, Duke of Anjou) at the Palace of Versailles

:xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:

On this day, December 20, in the Spanish Monarchy:

910: Alfonso III, Asturian king, dies.
1851: Isabel de Borbón, La Chata, Infanta of Spain, daughter of Queen Isabel II, is born.
1963: Elena de Borbón y Grecia is born, Infanta of Spain daughter of King Juan Carlos I.

On this day, December 22, 1799 ~ Birth of Carlo II Ludovico, Duke of Parma at Royal Palace of Madrid in Spain

On this day, December 22, 1491 the Catholic Monarchs, Isabel and Fernando, sign the Capitulations of Alfacar.

On this day, December 22, 1491 the Catholic Monarchs, Isabel and Fernando, sign the Capitulations of Alfacar.

Alfacar is very close to Granada and only a few weeks later the Reconquest of Spain was completed on January 2nd,1492.

On this day, December 24, 1634 ~ Birth of Mariana of Austria, Queen of Spain, spouse of King Philip IV of Spain, in Wiener Neustadt, Austria

:advent::advent::advent::advent::advent::advent::advent:

On this day, December 25, 1589 ~ Birth of Margaret of Austria, Queen of Spain, wife of King Philip III of Spain, in Graz, Austria

:wreath::wreath::wreath:

On this day, December 26, 1818 ~ Demise of Maria Isabel of Portugal, Queen of Spain, spouse of King Ferdinand VII of Spain at the Palace of Aranjuez in Spain

On this day, December 26, in the Spanish Monarchy:

1246: King Alfonso X of Castile marries Violante de Aragón in the Collegiate Church of Valladolid.
1489: The Catholic Monarchs reconquered Almería, a city that had been taken by Al-Zagal and his Moorish troops.
1713: Felipe V signs a Royal Decree, drawn up by Jean Orry, by which Spain is divided into 21 provinces, for administrative and tax purposes.
1818: Maria Isabel de Braganza, Spanish queen consort, second wife of Fernando VII, dies

On this day, December 31, 1741 ~ Isabel de Borbón-Parma, Infanta of Spain is born.

On this day, December 31, 1755 ~ Antonio Pascual de Borbón y Sajonia, Infante of Spain and Prince of Naples and Sicily, son of Carlos III, was born.

On this day, January 2, 1819 ~ Demise of Maria Louisa of Parma, Queen Consort of King Charles IV of Spain, at Barberini Palace in Rome, Italy

On this day, January 2, 1819 ~ Demise of Maria Louisa of Parma, Queen Consort of King Charles IV of Spain, at Barberini Palace in Rome, Italy

The queen had more or less been in exile since April 1808 when Napoléon forced her husband to abdicate.
Her remains were later taken back to Spain and buried at the Pantheon of the Kings of the Monastery of El Escorial .

On this day, January 5, in the Spanish Monarchy:

951: Ramiro II de León abdicates in Spain.
1938: King Juan Carlos I is born.

On this day, January 16, in the Spanish Monarchy

1556: Carlos I yields to his son Felipe II the crown of Spain.

On this day, January 16, in the Spanish Monarchy

1556: Carlos I yields to his son Felipe II the crown of Spain.

Philip was King of Naples and Sicily from 1554 and Duke of Milan since 1540.He was also king of England and Ireland from his marriage to Queen Mary I.

On this day, January 18, 1890 ~ Demise of King Amadeo I of Spain in Turin, Italy

On this day, January 20, 1716 ~ Birth of King Charles III of Spain at the Royal Palace of Madrid in Spain

On this day, January 22, in the Spanish Monarchy:

1188: King Fernando II of León dies.
1188: In the Kingdom of León, Alfonso IX is proclaimed King, after the death of his father Fernando II.
1211: King Pedro I of Aragon accepts the vassalage of the knight Simón IV de Montfort over different territories of Occitania.

1211: King Pedro I of Aragon accepts the vassalage of the knight Simón IV de Montfort over different territories of Occitania.

Simon de Montfort was a very powerful French noble he was Duke of Narbonne, Count of Toulouse and Viscount of Béziers,Albi, Nîmes and Carcassone.

In 1213 he defeated Pedro II at Battle of Muret

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Muret

24th of January 1336 : Death of Alfonso IV of Aragon

Alfonso was King of Aragon from 1327 until his death he was also Count of Barcelona and Urgell.
The king is buried at Seo Vieja Cathedral in Lleida.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfonso_IV_of_Aragon

393px-Alifonso_IV_d%27Arag%C3%B3n.jpg

On this day, February 6, 1929 ~ Demise of Maria Christina of Austria, Queen Consort of King Alfonso XII of Spain, at the Royal Palace in Madrid, Spain

Back
Top Bottom