Prince Philippos of Greece and Nina Flohr: Dec 2020 / Oct 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All guests look quite nice. There is some confusion about the dresscode under the gentlemen: some in suits other in jacquets.

There is some confusion about the dresscode under the gentlemen: some in suits other in jacquets.
That was also the case at the recent Wedding of Princess Marie Astrid of Liechtenstein.

That was also the case at the recent Wedding of Princess Marie Astrid of Liechtenstein.

It is probably just a recommendation: "jacquet" for gentlemen and "long" for ladies but no obligation. All by all the attendants for now are well-dressed.

Queen Sofía and Princess Irene! Wonderful!

Touching to see King Constantine standing up to greet the Patriarch.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most beautiful thing to see the grandson of King Constantine enter with the grandfather, Bravo by Prince Constantine -Alexios. beautiful Queen Anne-Marie

Beautiful veil but weirdly it has been stuck onto the back of her neck rather than her head.

Wonderful Nina, with Queen Anne-Marie tiara. Anne-Marie and Amelia, daughters of Princess Alexia are the ladies of Honor who have helped with the dress to Nina.
I was impressed when King Constantine got up to kiss the Bible carried by the Archbishop of Athens and All Greece, who received him at the same door

Last edited:
Beautiful veil but weirdly it has been stuck onto the back of her neck rather than her head.

That is Empire style (a train from the shoulders), currently quite vogue at a number of brides, I must say. The diadem had a nice sparkle in the afternoon sun.

Queen Margrethe II, Crown Prince Frederik and Princess Mary, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie are not present at the wedding, it seems.

Last edited:
I expected her to wear something voluminous and was not disappointed :) I love such gowns, better than the plain understatement dresses some brides wear. I loved the cleavage and how it was put around her shoulders.
The veil at the back of her head was a bit unfortunate and also her hair was a bit weird for me. Wasnt there even the hair tie to be seen?

It seems to be in fashion at the moment.

I've seen them worn low at the back of the head, like Charlene of Monaco did, but never stuck under the hair bun like that. It looks awful and I don't know why anyone would think to place it like that. Such a pity because it's a beautiful veil.

Wouldn't Prince Felix be old enough to step in as regent.

He is old enough but he is not appointed by the government so he can’t. Neither is Nikolai...

When Crown Princess Mary was appointed a couple of years ago, it was a descision by the government in council and signed by The Queen and The Prime Minister.

The pecking order in The Queen’s absence is at the moment

Regent -
Crown Prince Frederik

Acting Regent (Rigsforstander) -
Crown Princess Mary
Prince Joachim
Princess Benedikte

When Prince Christian turns 18 in 2 years he will most likely be made a ”Rigsforstander”’too.....

Prince Filippos, obviously he doesn't like the press. Queen Ana Maria has tried to stand in front of the media to allow herself to be photographed, she was very pretty, the public was applauding her, and she has greeted them, but very quickly because her son has continued forward he did not want to stop, he took her by the arm insisting that she walk

Constantino- Alexios, until today my impression is that He was very far from his grandfather King Constantine, but today seeing him arrive with Grandfather Constantine, enter the cathedral with him, even help grandfather to get up. This gesture I liked. I admit that I have that image of the prince because of the statements made by her mother ... I would tell Marie Chantal not to speak in the magazines `because she creates a confusing image of her children.

That is Empire style (a train from the shoulders), currently quite vogue at a number of brides, I must say. The diadem had a nice sparkle in the afternoon sun.

sophie25 meant the veil, not the train.

I've seen them worn low at the back of the head, like Charlene of Monaco did, but never stuck under the hair bun like that. It looks awful and I don't know why anyone would think to place it like that. Such a pity because it's a beautiful veil.

As did Sofia of Sweden and I agree, it looks awful. Then don't wear a veil at all, I'd say.

Last edited:
Prince Filippos, obviously he doesn't like the press. Queen Ana Maria has tried to stand in front of the media to allow herself to be photographed, she was very pretty, the public was applauding her, and she has greeted them, but very quickly because her son has continued forward he did not want to stop, he took her by the arm insisting that she walk

Wasnt the Ceremony supposed to start at 17h00 local time. So perhaps it had to with the fact that they where late

Must have been an emotional day for her. To see one of her children to marry in the same place she married so many years ago after all the weddings in Exile.

Theodora's fiancee didn't seem to have attended. A bit strange for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

That must have been an incredibly moving moment for King Constantine !!! Arriving to the Metropolitan Cathedral in Athens, being cheered at like The King, once more, after everything that has been for so long....

That he is not even the slightest bitter at the state of Greece, after over 40 years of government-approved humiliation of him - proves what a greek he is, and how strong his love for his country is !!!

I’m OK with the gown and tiara, but awkward placement of the veil.

Only Princess Theodora unmarried. Hopefully soon and another great royal wedding

Theodora's fiancee didn't seem to have attended. A bit strange for me.

Haven’t Matthew Kumar been absent from several ”family occassions” recently ?
Makes one wonder if they are still a couple at all

They got engaged long before this couple...

The gown from the bride isn't disappointing like the outfit she wore in civil wedding and pre wedding, I like it. Attaching the veil under the bun is weird though.

The dresscode is confusing, some ladies wore gowns while some wore tea length/cocktail dresses (even different types of outfits from same family). Interesting that MC wore white/something very close to white to someone's wedding again. Stunning gowns from the Hanover (even thought seems a bit overdressed, but as said the dresscode is confusing). Beatrice repeated that gown with bow, very lovely.

Constantino- Alexios, until today my impression is that He was very far from his grandfather King Constantine, but today seeing him arrive with Grandfather Constantine, enter the cathedral with him, even help grandfather to get up. This gesture I liked. I admit that I have that image of the prince because of the statements made by her mother ... I would tell Marie Chantal not to speak in the magazines `because she creates a confusing image of her children.

Queen Anne Marie and Prince Philippos were quite late. I think Prince Philippos wanted to hurry up, not to disrupt the schedule too much.

I like Nina's gown, overall it is majestic and lovely. I am not crazy about that neckline, it's the similar neckline that ruined Eugenie's bridal dress for me. But considering how we have been exposed to Ms. Flohr's taste in the past days and months I am fairly relieved.

As others have posted, the veil is gorgeous but unsuccessfully placed. Unlike Stephanie of Lux and especially Charlene of Monaco, Nina's stylist didn't make it work.

I don't know a word of Greek but I do understand CHANEL when I hear it.:lol:

So it's a Chanel creation?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom