Queen Camilla Jewels 1: September 2022 - February 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The earring appear interesting, and are possibly new. It may well be that the Queen has decided that the Fringe will be one of the necklaces that she will wear with some regularity in the years ahead, and decided to invest in a pair of co-ordinating earrings.

I think the necklace has been restored to its full length, probably having been shortened for QE2. My guess is that the ideal length from Camilla will probably be a little shorted than where it currently is, and longer than what QE2 preferred.

I can't say that I'm surprised by her choice of tiara, but slightly disappointed. The honeycomb is gorgeous, but over-used. I like the fringe necklace and the earrings, and they match well.

I agree and was hoping to see another tiara on Camilla last night.

I can't say that I'm surprised by her choice of tiara, but slightly disappointed. The honeycomb is gorgeous, but over-used.

For one it's Over-Used, for the other it signals modesty while at the same time shows splendour. I think it was very well thought through. The black& white dress showed she is not upstaging him at all, but is the supporting act, same with the colour difference between coat and hat at arrival. "Any hat will do" instead of completely cordinated.But still very chic and mentionable designers. In the evening it's the same: known designer but modest colours. The tiara fitting for her rank but still the one she used as Duchess of Cornwall. The necklace are diamonds, but the are set back by the modest dress. Just what a queen with her backstory should wear.

Let the papers cry for more bling and more feeling of couture! Then she can wear she has (and who knows what's in the vaults!) without public scorn. But only after she was reprimanded for her humble looks.

For one it's Over-Used, for the other it signals modesty while at the same time shows splendour. I think it was very well thought through. The black& white dress showed she is not upstaging him at all, but is the supporting act, same with the colour difference between coat and hat at arrival. "Any hat will do" instead of completely cordinated.But still very chic and mentionable designers. In the evening it's the same: known designer but modest colours. The tiara fitting for her rank but still the one she used as Duchess of Cornwall. The necklace are diamonds, but the are set back by the modest dress. Just what a queen with her backstory should wear.

Let the papers cry for more bling and more feeling of couture! Then she can wear she has (and who knows what's in the vaults!) without public scorn. But only after she was reprimanded for her humble looks.

Humble looks? Queen Camilla wore one of the grandest diadems of the whole British collection, in design, size and carat power, and was bedecked with diamonds. I doubt anyone can "blame" Queen Camilla for looking too humble at Schloß Bellevue...

I’m assuming ‘humble looks’ is meant to be ironic. Neither the dress or jewels are exactly what you might regard as understated. In contrast, the First Lady of Germany, was very modest in her choices.

I can't say that I'm surprised by her choice of tiara, but slightly disappointed. The honeycomb is gorgeous, but over-used. I like the fringe necklace and the earrings, and they match well.

I do think the look was very well thought through.

> Much as we would all have loved to see her wear a new to her tiara, she brought out the bling wearing a historic necklace closely associated with QE2, demonstrating continuity, just as she did when she used the sapphires previously used by QE2 for the SA state banquet in the autumn.

> She is also treading gently in the royal vault, slowly introducing the public to her using older, historic pieces.

> Given she does not appear to be unwilling to use jewellery previously used by QE2, gradually, I think we will see her use the larger, more familiar pieces including the Grand Duchess Vladamir tiara, and hopefully, the Oriental Circlet.

I expected that she would continue using the honeycomb as the Queen. And it's just her third tiara appearance, I don't expect her debuting a new to her tiara in every occasion. One new to her tiara, two new to her necklaces (three if counting different settings), two new earrings in tiara events, not to mention the Russian sapphire brooch and these unseen brooches she has used, overall not really that disappointing so far. She is definitely exploring that vault and we probably we see more and more from her gradually.

Last edited:
I expected that she would continue using the honeycomb as the Queen. And it's just her third tiara appearance, I don't expect her debuting a new to her tiara in every occasion. One new to her tiara, two new to her necklaces (three if counting different settings), two new earrings in tiara events, not to mention the Russian sapphire brooch and these unseen brooches she has used, overall not really that disappointing so far. She is definitely exploring that vault and we probably we see more and more from her gradually.

Well said.

I like the combination of the tiara with the necklace as they both have the Art Deco look. I'm pleased to see her continuing to wear the honeycomb as it suits her and adds to her available range of diamond tiaras without using the girls (which I don't think she'll wear, at least not for some time).

Humble looks? Queen Camilla wore one of the grandest diadems of the whole British collection, in design, size and carat power, and was bedecked with diamonds. I doubt anyone can "blame" Queen Camilla for looking too humble at Schloß Bellevue...

Well, if you think of Queen Margarethe II. now that is splendour....

Loved to see an old faithful, thought everything looked marvellous and my silly thoughts are:

1. It was comfortable to wear something familiar for first state visit as their majesties
2. Don’t want to introduce too many new pieces as it may detract from the impact of, I assume, something marvellous at the Coronation (and then going forward potentially may see many ‘new’ piece)
3. It really does look lovely ?

It looks like she's wearing my favourite earrings too - she definitely has them with her as she wore them on day 1.

The Queen Consorts first time to wear the Prince Albert sapphire and diamond brooch and it looks wonderful :previous:

Love that she brought surprises to us gradually, whenever I start thinking she might "have a break" and return to her old usual pieces, ta-da here's another new jewels:p.

Love that she brought surprises to us gradually, whenever I start thinking she might "have a break" and return to her old usual pieces, ta-da here's another new jewels:p.

Fair point. That said, I would have preferred seeing the Prince Albert sapphire brooch on arrival in Berlin on Day 1.

This sapphire is always stunning to see and I'm glad the Camilla gave it a go early in Charles' reign. So far, she has given us a great mix of jewels, and I'm curious what she'll bring out next.

It's great to see this on Camilla, but I'm ready to see some rubies or emeralds. So far she seems to be favoring sapphires, and I'm hoping she'll branch out a bit. I'd even be happy to see the aquamarine tiara to judge if, like the sapphire tiara, it suits her better than it did the late Queen.

:previous: Unfortunately, we most probably see a lot of royal bling before the Coronation celebrations as the UK, as with most of the world, are undergoing straightened times. The last thing they need is a "let them eat cake" moment just now. I actually think her spindly earrings were a bit sad but, had she worn the ones she usually wears it it would have been bad taste.

But fear not trusty lovers of the deep vaults of the monarchy, it looks very much like Camilla is slipping in some absolute pearlers such as the gorgeous little turquoise brooch and the gorgeous and discreet Prince Albert Sapphire Brooch which looks both small and relatively inexpensive to the uneducated and uninterested. In fact Camilla seems to have stepped up her royal brooch action and I think that is where we will see delightful wonders.

I think there are more than a few little bits and pieces unseen for generations that will reinforce the discretion of Camilla. Meanwhile, we fans can drool over what we do see like the sapphire drop earrings which seemed to be missed by most thinking she was just wearing her 'go to' pearl drops and, in doing so, missed an absolute treat.

It’s great to see her delving into the collection in a respectful way. By this I mean, choosing significant occasions to wear historic jewels and doing so in a way that isn’t ostentatious. I’m sure Charles is keen for Camilla to wear these jewels so the future looks promising.

It's great to see this on Camilla, but I'm ready to see some rubies or emeralds. So far she seems to be favoring sapphires, and I'm hoping she'll branch out a bit. I'd even be happy to see the aquamarine tiara to judge if, like the sapphire tiara, it suits her better than it did the late Queen.

I am sure we will get to see emeralds, rubies and pearls on the Queen, but I guess the sapphires are out at the moment is because Camilla, like Catherine, wears a lot of blue.

I notice that Camilla is wearing my favourite earrings again today. She's barely taken them off since she found them but then neither would I. I don't think I've ever coveted a pair of earrings as much as these!

I notice that Camilla is wearing my favourite earrings again today. She's barely taken them off since she found them but then neither would I. I don't think I've ever coveted a pair of earrings as much as these!

We saw her in pretty much the same earrings for 20 years, so I suspect these "new" ones aren't going anywhere in a hurry.

In Liverpool today, the Queen once again wore her royal blue ensemble, which she paired with the crown brooch she has used a fair few times in 2023.

** Full view ** Upper part **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom