Media reports: Divorce for King Mohamed VI and Princess Lalla Salma

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with you. In light of the current press controversy ... It would not be surprising if Crown Prince Moulay Hassan were advised to follow the tradition and to assign minimal public duties to his future wife.

That’s ridiculous. The only reason there is any controversy is because Lalla Salma has seemed to vanish. If there had been a simple announcement that the King and his wife were separating and she’d been seen at her children’s end of school year events, rather than those events being mysteriously cancelled this year... there would not be as much concern and speculation.

Ok, i will say it! I am not convinced with any of those news that says lalla salma was seen ,in Magda Al Romy case she said she recieved agift from lalla salma not meet with lalla salma! And maryem said announcement was mad to seem that she met lalla salma recently ! In my opinion -and I know some people might accuse me of paranoia-that someone or some side is pushing persons and media to give an impresssion that
Lalla salma is ok and not prisoned or hurt ,and what is most suspicious is that there is no single
Recent photo!

:previous:
If you have alook at Lalla Salma thread actually there is recent pic of her it's not the best one but there is a prove she is OK as i think the greec pappers have no reason to lie about her presence in their country this summer.

The photo does not show her face,so no one can tell for sure if she is lalla salma ,and I think it is easy in greece to buy a journalist or even a whole
Newspaper to publish such thing .

Arabi21 and Al Akhbar website published what might give a clue about what happened in the royal family of morrocoo
http://http//www.aljadeed.tv/arabic/news/arab-world/31072018
It said that a leaked documents from Emirate empassy in morrocco that Emirates is upset from the relationship between morrocoo and Qatar and
Said that lalla salma has played important rule in that and Sheikha Moza is her friend and give her
A palace in Greece as a gift, the leaks also siad that Emirate should find a way to push lalla salma away from sheika Moza

Arabi21 and Al Akhbar website published what might give a clue about what happened in the royal family of morrocoo
http://http//www.aljadeed.tv/arabic/news/arab-world/31072018
It said that a leaked documents from Emirate empassy in morrocco that Emirates is upset from the relationship between morrocoo and Qatar and
Said that lalla salma has played important rule in that and Sheikha Moza is her friend and give her
A palace in Greece as a gift, the leaks also siad that Emirate should find a way to push lalla salma away from sheika Moza

Those websites used to spread inaccurate and sometimes false news about countries that differ politically with the parties they represent. They are not at all considered as reliable sources of news in the middle east.
We all know that Morocco did not intervene in the current Gulf crisis and maintained good relations with all Gulf countries. King Mohammed VI have visited both Qatar and the UAE and showed no bias towards any of them. So, I don't think the friendship between Lalla Salma & Sheikha Moza will change this situation.

Last edited:
must be the most silly speculation about this divorce; the Emirati side or the Saudi one have no power over Mohammed VI....they couldn't push him to take their side during the crisis hard to believe they will push him to divorce his wife because she's friend with Sheikha Moza moreover Sheikha Mozah has visited Morocco after this divorce in April she and her husband have palaces all over the country and still regulary visit

Complex state-to-state relations between Morocco and other kingdom are an odd reason for the separation in question. Lalla Salma was never a member of a royal family. So political tensions in the Persian Gulf could not impact her life.

Last edited:
That's silly of reason let's say it's even funny ,if the King care about the relation with the Emirate he could easily reduce the meetings between Lalla Salma and Sheikh Micah and put limit that's all he doesn't have to destroy his marriage.

Who is Sheikh Micah? What projects did Lalla Salma and Sheikh Micah work on together?

Near as I can tell, it may be that Lalla Salma is on vacation or not. But it is true that there has been no sighting well documented in the press. And no creditable source telling us she is fine and looking forward to a life of...???

While I get it that there is no regular procedure for when a Moroccan Princess is divorced under these circumstances, does anyone have any idea of what we should expect? Will it be at least a year (or years) before we see her again in public? Is it likely that she will have a job or will she have wealth to live off of? Will she get to see the children? Is it likely that she is/will be exiled or that she will be forced to remain a captive in Morocco or that she just wants to be a private citizen in Morocco or elsewhere?

I don't think positive thoughts any time a healthy public person disappears off the radar as she has. I'd like to believe that she is just taking time to reinvent herself. That as part of the Divorce, there is a time compelling silence.

What do you all who know so much more about the RF of Morocco think about this? Surely, other wealthy couples of high status have been down this road in Morocco. What happened with the wife in those cases?

I also thik that if she is fine she would have appeared,and according to the MRF I know that there was a person called Malika Oufkir she was not a princess she was adaughter of high ranked
General and she was very close to lalla maryem
Then a failed coup under Oufkir leardership happened and malika was prisoned and several years later she wat let free and wrote a book callled "the prisoner" so I think as long as Salma did not apppear with recent photos every possibility should be taken into consideration

sorry but i think Malika Oufkir is totally out of toppic here
i fail to see the similarety between her case and Lalla Salmas!!!
she is not a princess first neither related to the RF or even divored from close member/relative or friend of MRF so her story as much as sad it was have nothing similar with Lalla Salma .... even if Lalla Salma is emprisoned or under siege as some love to think the conditions would be totally different of the ones of MRS Oufkir;

The incident of Malika Oufkir is political and has nothing to do with the King`s personal life.
I think its normal for Princess Lalla Salma to disappear from public life because she is no longer the first lady or the wife of the king. The only role available to her now is that she is the mother of the crown prince and future king.
The question now IMO is what if the king marries again??

The incident of Malika Oufkir is political and has nothing to do with the King`s personal life.
I think its normal for Princess Lalla Salma to disappear from public life because she is no longer the first lady or the wife of the king. The only role available to her now is that she is the mother of the crown prince and future king.
The question now IMO is what if the king marries again??

It would indeed be normal had a divorce officially been announced. In that cas it would be logical to withdraw from public life and only show up at family-related events regarding their children. However, she disappeared without an explanation and the family event was cancelled, so not that normal after all imo.

Good question will the future wife be the first lady
Or will it be in the shadow and kings sisters will
Have all public appearances?

i think first the case of his Marriage/divorce with Lalla Salma should be cleared before talking about another marriage
personally i don't think he will marry again and if he does she wont be having big or any role at all first the sisters wont allow it, Moulay hassan wont like it:another woman taking his mother place and second the shadow of Lalla Salma will always be there she will always be the mother of the futur King and that alone is very big deal in Morocco even if she stopped her official engagemnts.

I think possibly the King will separate, not necessarily divorce. If Princess Lalla Salma feels the same, then there is a workable arrangement.

i think first the case of his Marriage/divorce with Lalla Salma should be cleared before talking about another marriage
personally i don't think he will marry again and if he does she wont be having big or any role at all first the sisters wont allow it, Moulay hassan wont like it:another woman taking his mother place and second the shadow of Lalla Salma will always be there she will always be the mother of the futur King and that alone is very big deal in Morocco even if she stopped her official engagemnts.

ًWell, The king has broken traditions before by marrying Lalla Salma and giving her a role in public life so, I don't rule out the idea of his second marriage or at least declaring his divorce officially.
At the end of the day, it is HM`s decision. I don't think any of his sisters or children can change his mind if he decided to do so.

Last edited:
sure it's his decision but as i said this divorce should be officially announced first,before thinking in another one King had broken family traditions as you said Rossina and several time,taking 2 wives in same time is natural for MRF but for revolutionary man like Mohammed VI he wont do it and will end legally his first one before thinking in another,saying that i must add family is important to him too his sisters or his son especially with whom he have very special father/son relation he wont risk that and there is Lalla Khadija too i dare to say his children are very very important to him he wont upset them,when he decided to broke traditions and protocol by marrying Lalla Salma he was single young man full of enery now he is aging man with health issues and a father things are little different this time, he may marry again but i don't think his new wife will have Lalla Salma statute.

Where is Princess Lallma Salma?

Where is Princess Lalla Salma? Mystery brought to forefront after Spanish state visit to Morocco – Royal Central

After the much-delayed state visit of King Felipe and Queen Letizia of Spain to Morocco, Princess Lalla Salma has been brought back in the news.

In 2018, rumours circulated outside Morocco that King Mohammed of Morocco and Princess Lalla Salma had divorced. However, as was expected, the Moroccan Royal Court never confirmed or denied the report.

It is a subject the Moroccan media don’t dare to touch, but that hasn’t stopped international publications from discussing their separation or Princess Lalla Salma’s disappearance since then.

Many want to know and are concerned about where Lalla Salma is. Is she still in Morocco? Italy? Greece? Somewhere else in Europe?

Information is scarce. There have been reports she was seen holidaying in Italy with her two children, Crown Prince Moulay Hassan and Princess Lalla Khadija. Other rumours say she’s living in Greece while others say she’s remained in Morocco.

What we do know is that she has not be seen in public in any official capacity since late 2017. No comments have come from the Royal Palace or members of the Royal Family.

She did not participate in the Spanish state visit this month, and her absence was noticeable as she has long gotten on well with Queen Letizia and accompanied her around Morocco on previous visits. Her former sister-in-law, Princess Lalla Meryem seems to have taken up the role as “First Lady” in Lalla Salma’s stead. For her part, Princess Lalla Meryem and the other Moroccan princesses were very kind to Queen Letizia and seemed to get on well during the latest trip.

The subject of her whereabouts wasn’t brought up during the Spanish state visit. Questions won’t have time to die down before the Duke and Duchess of Sussex travel to Morocco at the end of this month. It is not likely we will see Lalla Salma then. It remains to be seen if the subject will be broached during that trip.

The article is pathetic. Who is Ms Barger to demand answers from the Moroccan Royal family? King Mohammed VI's life is a private family affair.
Given the past experience with Queen Elizabeth II's visit to Morocco, one might assume that the Moroccan royals tend to be not awestruck by the British royals in general and Prince Henry and his spouse in particular.

Last edited:
She is the Mother of the royal children. People maybe want to know where their beloved princess is.

The article is pathetic. Who is Ms Barger to demand answers from the Moroccan Royal family? King Mohammed VI's life is a private family affair.
Given the past experience with Queen Elizabeth II's visit to Morocco, one might assume that the Moroccan royal tend to be not awestruck by the British royals in general and Prince Henry and his spouse in particular.

Why Harry and his wife in particular :ermm:

I don't see why any royal family would be 'awestruck' by any other royals. Its not like meeting some celebrity or idol. Mohammed and his family are every bit as royal as any of the Europeans who visit them.

Just because Hassan had the manners of a boar, doesn't mean his son would. Charles and Camilla certainly had a better experience in 2011.

Of course people are going to be interested. If this happened in Europe the same questions would pop up. Even more so. Can you imagine if Maxima, Letizia, Mathilde or so on just up and disappeared completely from public life for well over a year without any explanation???

Of course people are going to be interested. If this happened in Europe the same questions would pop up. Even more so. Can you imagine if Maxima said:
Probably never happened? :ermm:

Given the past experience with Queen Elizabeth II's visit to Morocco, one might assume that the Moroccan royal tend to be not awestruck by the British royals in general and Prince Henry and his spouse in particular.

Her wedding wasn't a private event and she represented the royal family on many occasions, so her disappearance (divorce?) cannot be considered a private family affair either. While I agree that it isn't the writer of this article who needs an explanation, the people of Morocco and foreign dignitaries and others who worked with Lalla Salma in her capacity as the king's (high-profile) wife certainly do!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom