King Carl XVI Gustaf and Scouting (Patron of Multiple Organisations)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Se on teidän ongelmanne!" / Iltalehti
King Carl Gustaf is on a short visit to Finland. He visited the head quarters of the Scouts of Töölö, Helsinki. The article tells that the King was relaxed and he was telling jokes. When the reporters asked about the possible wedding of crown princess Victoria, the King said that they should ask about it from Victoria herself.

Kaarle Kustaa Helsingissä - suuttui lehdistötilaisuudessa! / Iltasanomat
Carl Gustaf in Helsinki - he got angry at the press conference
Iltasanomat tells, that king Carl Gustaf got angry when a journalist asked him about the text message scandal of Ilkka Kanerva, the minister for Foreign Affairs in Finland (Kanerva´s text message scandal). The King said: "That is totally your problem! I´m here to talk about scouts!
Video about the visit/Iltasanomat

Photo/Kaleva
Photo/Kaleva
Photo/Kaleva
Photo/Kaleva
Photo/Kaleva

Last edited:
Royalcourt.se has a picture of the king appearing at the spring gathering of the scouts: Kungen städade på Djurgården - Kungahuset [NS4 version]

(I love the RSS options on the royal court's website. It may not be the most superior one in terms of calendar, but getting news in my RSS reader from them whenever they update some of the functions... I love it.)

As a former scout I can only applaud the kings dedication to the subject. He seems to do a lot of things around scouting, very different from my own dutch royal patron and fromer patron.
The king is not wearing his uniform though.... ;)

King Carl Gustaf and Scouting

I am missing pictures from Dinner for Scout Foundation yesterday evening! A great event, without photographer?

What are the participants of the 56.World Scout Foundation doing during the last days, which program is in Vienna?

I am hearing only from press-meeting yesterday. Was visit of any organisation in Vienna as in April 2008 in Seoul by the last meeting?

Marengo, thanks for the link - but it isn't what I mean!

The press-meeting I had list, too! I had inquiry about other events during the Scout-Foundation meeting in Vienna.

That's what was thought about the WSF event in Vienna too and she actually went with him, so who knows...
I wonder if the King is going to cut his visit short or not. He's supposed to stay until Sunday, but then his and the Queen's attendance at Countess Sonja Bernadotte's memorial service on Saturday was announced as well...

GulfNews/Swedish king visit Sharjah scout mission
Photos:
The King was welcomed the Airport by H.E. Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Emirati Scouts and the Ambassador of Sweden
Sweden Abroad/The Embassy of Sweden
The King made a trip out to the desert of Abu Dhabi, where he met with H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Crown Prince of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The King continued his visit to the UAE, when he met with six hundred Scouts in the Emirate of Sharjah.
The King was warmly received upon his arrival to the Scout Camp in Sharjah by His Highness Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, the Ruler of the Emirate, and an avid supporter of the Scout Movement.

Is this an official visit or was it a short vacation where he meet with a few of the Sheikhs?

It's an official visit to the UAE in connection with meetings of the World Scout Foundation, of which the King is Honorary President.
As you can read in the posts above, the UAE’s ruler Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi supports the Scout Foundation as well.

King of Sweden departs Abu Dhabi
WAM

Sultan, King of Sweden attend signing of partnership agreement between RCA, UAE Scout Association
WAM

King of Sweden hails UAE prosperity
WAM

Pics 8.+9.5.2009

King Carl XVI Gustaf Of Sweden and His Highness Prince Faisal bin Abdullah
bin Mohammed of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia sit together at Boston Harbor
Hotel, May 8, 2009 in Boston, Massachusetts. Prince Faisal delivered a $3
million donation to King Carl XVI, who is the honorary chairman of the World
Scout Foundation.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

King of Sweden Carl XVI Gustaf speaks to Boys Scouts prior to the start of
the Volvo Ocean race May 9, 2009 in Boston

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

King Carl Gustaf will be heading to Oman to attend a World Scout Foundation event between January 14 and January 20.

Back
Top Bottom