King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia Picture Thread, Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And the last ones :wub:

(source: Alpha Press)

The Queen with the Nobel Prize on the Peace Muhammad Yunus.

From terra
1. Chile 2005
2-3-4 Bangladesh 2004

Here some of Queen Sofia :wub:

(source: hola)

And now some of the Kings when they were Princes and young Kings :wub:

1304zf3.th.jpg

Beautiful pictures thanks ! the old one what is\ looks she happy !!

Some photos of the Kings, when they were young :wub:

(source: La Reina by Pilar Urbano)

Last edited:
And some more of them :wub:

And now... the Queen! :wub:

Some more :wub:

And the last ones :wub:

Here is something wrote by the Queen :wub:

A million THANKS and :wub: for you sis!
This takes a lot of work and I want you to know how much we appreciate it!

this is like a trip down memory lane, all her story in pics!

Thanks for sharing and I hope your school assignment turns as great as you want!:flowers:

Bigbig thanks from me too for your wonderful pics, J!
It's great to see so many pics of her younger years, there are many I had not seen before! Thanks! :) :)
Here is a pic of Sofia from the 1990s together with Queen Noor and King Hussein:

(Hello)

Wow!!! Thanks Juanita and Iceflower! We didn't have many pics of little Sofia, they are prizeless! :)

You're all welcome! :blush: :flowers: Thank you also, K!

crisiñaki said:
Thanks for sharing and I hope your school assignment turns as great as you want!:flowers:
I hope so sis! My favourite assignment of ever (it is about my beloved Queen, of course)! :ROFLMAO: :blush:

Thank you so much Juanita!

I always missed seeing photos of Princess Sofia with her family; so it is heart-melting to see that intimate and family pics of them.

Makes us feel a less lonely Sofia by seeing the photos and observing their smilling and happy moments.

Thank you very much for sharing your work with us, it is very appreciated.

Regards,
mtbcm

J...THANKYOU sooo much! :clap:
I really hope you're enjoying the biography :flowers:

You're most welcome, mtbcm and S! :flowers: :flowers:
I'm very happy you all liked them! :wub:

This one is very sad... the Queen doesn't like this photo, but she doesn't say why. The King doesn't agree because as he said that photo shows her love :wub: (biography information :p)

...JuAnItA... said:
You're most welcome, mtbcm and S! :flowers: :flowers:
I'm very happy you all liked them! :wub:

This one is very sad... the Queen doesn't like this photo, but she doesn't say why. The King doesn't agree because as he said that photo shows her love :wub: (biography information :p)

Wasn't this picture taken during the funeral of dona Maria de las Mercedes, Juan Carlos' mother?

princess leonor said:
Wasn't this picture taken during the funeral of dona Maria de las Mercedes, Juan Carlos' mother?
No, princess leonor. This one was taken during Don Juan's funeral in 1993. :)

Her_Majesty said:
Beautiful pictures of the young couple! Thanks for sharing!
Who's the woman walking next to Sofia here?: http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1296pb0.jpg
Is it Princess Irene of the Netherlands? :wacko:

Definately not Princess Irene, she had a different hairstyle in the 60-ties. Besides that, I do not think that they ever met publicly during their mariages to the spanish and the carlist pretender of the throne (except during the wedding of Beatrix). Looks more like Anne-Marie to me, but maybe another lady all together.

For me Queen Anne-Marie of Greece.

Last edited:
Her_Majesty said:
Okay, thanks. ;)
I just thought Irene had a similar hairstyle back in the 60s (around the time of Beatrix` wedding) ( http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/852/vacationitalienms3.jpgsource: ANP History)

You proved me wrong :) . But still, a public meeting of the two rival pretenders and their wives is highly unlikely, especially as the Duke and Duchess of Parma were rather involved with Carlism in the late 60-ties and early 70-ties. The couples only met at Beatrix wedding and the courtphotographer was carefull enough not to place them to close together on the grouppicture ;).

Marengo said:
You proved me wrong :) . But still, a public meeting of the two rival pretenders and their wives is highly unlikely, especially as the Duke and Duchess of Parma were rather involved with Carlism in the late 60-ties and early 70-ties. The couples only met at Beatrix wedding and the courtphotographer was carefull enough not to place them to close together on the grouppicture ;).
Thanks for your answers, Marengo and Juanita!
I didn't know about the fact that they were rivals... interesting to hear.

The last ones of the Queen's biography :flowers:

And this is the drawing that Pilar Urbano asked the Queen to do it :wub:

Back
Top Bottom